• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings looking for literate partners! always open

eliwantscake

live, laugh, yeet
Hello! My name's eliwantscake, and I've been roleplaying for years. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any active partners lately, which is why I'm here! I can't wait to find some roleplaying partners, and hopefully make some new friends. Because I'm just the kind of person who's only interested in specific stuff, I do have a (fairly short) list of rules and notes, but despite those making me come off as somewhat of a stick in the mud, I promise I'm very laid-back most of the time.

rules (-) and notes (*):
- I am not interested in bxg threads, and I haven't ever stayed interested in a gxg thread for very long. Most of my plots will be any combination of b/nb. Please do not ask if I will do a bxg thread. If you have a plot that I'm interested in that you want to be gxg, I may consider it
- I'm looking for advanced, active partners. This means someone who will post a reply that is at least three paragraphs long at least once every 24 hours.
*If you let me know that you will be inactive, that's fine. Additionally, if you cannot reply once every 24 hours, but we can have in-depth discussions about our plot and characters, I'm okay with that. As long as there is always roleplaying or discussion happening on a daily basis, that counts as being active.
* Most of the time, I prefer to write in first person. However, this is just a preference, and I will roleplay in whatever point of view my partner wants to use. If you would be okay with doing a roleplay in first person, let me know! (Please do not tell me that it's okay if I write in first person if you are going to write in third person. It is inconsistent and I would rather write in third person than in a different point of view from my writing partner)

genres I'm interested in:
- interesting slice of life RPs
- medieval fantasy with modern twists (EX. a dragon eats muse A's horse. Muse A nods and says, "Big mood."; EX. 2. The princess is kidnapped. One of the knights frowns. "This is so sad, Alexa play Despacito.") (if you don't fully get the idea I can elaborate) I have a plot for this type of world, but I don't have it typed out in a concise enough way, so if the genre interests you let me know! This is one of the things I'm most passionate about.
- criminal/gang stuff
- let. me play. a god. Or a character with god-like powers. Please.
- almost anything supernatural
- I'm sorta wanting some of those generic-yet-cute/interesting Tumblr plots but with a little more added depth, so if there's a prompt you're into let me know, and if I'm feeling it we could throw some extra stuff into it to make it unique
- there's definitely more. If it's got themes similar to a plot I have listed below, it's safe to assume I'll be interested in hearing about it.

fandoms:
please note that I will only do fandom plots with original characters, including side characters/things outside of the main plot. I do not like playing another person's characters.
- hunger games
- harry potter
- percy jackson. I'm pretty iffy on this considering I follow Greek gods, but I do love Camp Halfblood as a setting and playing demigods.

Tl;dr: My character, a bored house husband, joins a gang.

Nolan Mack Travis, née Lagrandeur, was the only child in a moderately wealthy family with parents who could afford to buy him anything. He was an intelligent child who did well in school and had from a young age aspired to go to college and become a lawyer. However, Nolan’s parents didn’t think that he should ever have to work hard for anything. They encouraged him to find a rich, successful wife and become a house husband. When he came out at the age of fifteen, his parents did not change their way of thinking, and they started trying to set him up with the sons of other wealthy people they knew. Still, Nolan never gave up on his dream. He graduated high school top of his class and was accepted to three Ivy League schools. He attended Yale with intentions of becoming a lawyer after getting his bachelor’s degree in political science. However, his plans changed after he finished his bachelor’s degree, because the night after he graduated, he met Matthew Travis, the son of a wealthy businesswoman who was getting ready to take over one of his mother’s companies. In one night, Matthew had done what no other man had managed to do: he swept Nolan off his feet. Within six months, the two were married, and Nolan was living the life he had sworn up and down he would never accept.

However, as in love as he had been in the first part of his relationship with Matthew, after two years of marriage, Nolan was starting to get bored. Matthew was extremely protective, with an unrealistic fear that someone would hurt his husband, so there was very little that Nolan was allowed to do. He also wasn’t allowed to go back to school, and since Matthew could pay people to keep their house clean, he didn’t even have to do that. The most exciting things in his life were exotic vacations, and over time, even those became less entertaining.

Suddenly, Nolan found himself in what was the most exciting situation since his honeymoon – he found himself being held for ransom by members of a gang, something that Matthew had always feared. As frightening as it was in the moment, Nolan realized that the incident was the most interesting thing that had happened in his life, and for some reason, he loved it. A few months later, he found himself watching some of the members of the gang getting arrested for petty crimes, and decided to bail them out… in exchange for them letting him join the gang.

Timothy Barett had once loved his powers. His mother had gotten very involved in the supernatural when she was pregnant with him, and it had resulted in him having psychic abilities. His visions were very draining, often to the point of causing him to pass out, but aside from this inconvenience, he’d loved being a psychic for most of his childhood. However, his love of his powers disappeared when he was fourteen. He had always dreamed of being a police officer, until he had a vision of himself being killed on the job. After his abilities revealed to him that he couldn’t take his dream job without dying far younger than he should, he decided that he hated being a psychic, and that he wanted nothing to do with the supernatural.

As his psychic abilities weren’t something that he could simply get rid of, Timothy learned to live with them, and abandoned his dreams of becoming a police officer to instead become a tattoo artist. He could sometimes go months at a time without having a vision, and he had been doing exactly that – until your character almost ran him over. Y/c managed to stop the car before actually hitting Timothy, but Timothy wasn’t hurt by the car; he was hurt by a vision he had of a stranger ending up in a dangerous situation. And when he came to, he saw this stranger from his vision frantically checking his pulse. Timothy was fine, but he knew that he had to do something to protect y/c. So he did the only thing that he could think of: he asked y/c on a date.

In this universe, there are two types of people: normal people, who are destined to have normal careers and normal lives, and gifted people, who are destined to have adventures, and what are considered 'adventure' careers, things that range from things like dragon riders and knights to pirates - anything that we would consider part of a fairy tale in our universe.

Abraham Padgett Sharp was a special kind of gifted. He had three powers: the ability to speak to animals, the ability to breathe underwater, and the equivalent of a built-in GPS system. All of these making him the perfect candidate to be a pirate, ignoring the fact that he's also clumsy, weak, and would be more at home if he were a college professor.

your character was a star pirate, with the ability to control an entire army that couldn't be fought: he could control spirits, both inside of the living and the spirits of the dead. One night, his crew took everything from him, except for his ship, and disappeared. Outraged, he decided to track them all down and get his revenge. The only problem being his awful sense of direction, his one flaw. After hearing tales of Abraham, the perfect navigator, your character decided that he knew how he was going to find his former crew. He was going to kidnap Abraham.

Casey Prasad had always been open about the fact that they didn't want to conform to any specific gender roles. Fortunately for them, they had been born into the type of family who was very accepting of that. They had never been forced to believe anything they didn't want to believe, and when they were fourteen, their family moved so he could attend a progressive school where he would be able to express himself freely. During his freshman year, he discovered that he had a penchant for the performing arts, and grew obsessed with theatre.

[your character] was nothing like this. He had grown up in a strict, religious household. He was never allowed to swear, or even think about the possibility that there was anything that could have created the universe other than the (conservative) Christian God. Another thing that was heavily enforced upon him from a young age was the idea that males were only supposed to form physical and romantic relationships with females, and vice versa, and that the only gender any person was was whatever they were born as. Anything else was an abomination.

For a long time, he had questioned his teachings, but any questioning of the faith he was being taught was shot down harshly until he stopped arguing against it.

By the time he was fifteen, he had stopped questioning what he had been taught. And even when his parents were arrested for the murder of a couple that lived in their neighborhood, he held on to his teachings. Unfortunately, he was adopted by an atheistic single mother, and while she was willing to allow him to continue practicing his religion, when he started his senior year, rather than being homeschooled like he had been since the “incident,” she decided to send him to a progressive private school.

The school assigned another senior to be his friend and guide throughout the schoolyear, and he hoped and prayed that it would be someone who his own religion deemed 'normal.' This wasn't what he got. He found himself met with someone who went against everything he knew. Someone who denied that 'they' were truly male or female. Someone who didn't believe in any type of god. Someone who was deeply in love with someone who was the same biological gender as they were.

As if things couldn't get any worse, [your character] had, on a dare, auditioned for the part of Kristoff in the school's production of 'Frozen'... and had gotten the part. He didn't mind at first, until the actress who played Anna broke her leg, and he found out that Casey was her understudy. Neither was overly-excited about the situation, but [your character] soon realized that maybe he had been right for questioning things in the past.

It was never a secret to anyone that Cassius Layton was an extremely talented individual. He could do complicated magic at a young age. He was smart. And he was never, ever very far from his best friend. Not until, at the age of sixteen, his father sent him off to a magic school in New York, where it was discovered that he could sing, and he became famous.

[your character] never really spoke with his old friend Cassius after he became a star. But it wasn't because of his friend's newfound fame; three months after Cassius left for New York [your character] found the man who he'd thought he'd spend his entire life with, and he had never introduced him to his friend. They ended up getting engaged, one week before Cassius ended up back in town after the end of his latest tour. However, he didn't know that his old friend had ended his tour in their hometown to try and win his heart.

Cassius wasn't discouraged by the fact that his old love was engaged. He only saw it as a competition that he would have to win. But would he be able to? Or would he end up getting his heart broken by his own best friend?

Elliot Sanchez was the son of a guardian angel and a demon who specialized in capturing souls who were avoiding going to hell. He was on the fast track to following in his father’s footsteps, but it wasn’t something that interested him. As he had lived in heaven for the first five years of his life, he had grown up watching his mother work with people on earth, helping their lives get better. He had grown obsessed with the idea years before he was sent to hell to live with his father, and, when he turned sixteen and had finished his training in soul capturing, he decided that he would rather be a guardian angel.

[your character] had an awful childhood, full of hardships and chronic depression. He had no friends, not by choice, but because nobody wanted to hang out with the kid who was always being made fun of. He was just a few days from ending it, until he suddenly met Elliot, who seemed to be the perfect friend.

Unbeknownst to [your character], Elliot had begged God and Satan to let him go to earth on the toughest case they had, and they agreed; if he could save this boy, he could become a guardian angel. If he failed, he would stay as a soul hunter. But all guardian angels have one rule; never let your personal feelings get in your way.

My character (muse a) was born with several impulse control issues, including Tourette’s syndrome, pica, and several more that have not been diagnosed. He hides his pica well-enough, and all of his other unfortunate disorders are disguised as nothing more than him being an average, hyper teenage boy. He’s managed to make plenty of friends, and nobody really suspects that he has anything worse than ADHD.

Unfortunately, his parents are not so clueless about his disorders (they had him diagnosed and rediagnosed several times, and it’s not hard to notice whenever he tries to eat paint chips). For most of his life, one of the two has been around to keep him safe. However, with his father going back to work, and a promotion for his mother meaning plenty of late nights and business trips keeping her busy, they’ve decided to hire a babysitter - a rather uncool thing for a seventeen year old to have.

The worst part of it all is when they hire muse b, a classmate of muse a’s. Also fairly popular, muse b is much more put together than muse a, striving to get into a good college, talented at everything he tries. The two know each other to an extent, but while muse b goes to plenty of parties and hangs out with a similar crowd to muse a, he’s always found the hyperactive teen a little too much for him. With both of them trying to make the most out of this awkward situation, and muse b trying to understand the full extent of muse a’s mental issues, they end up starting to become closer than just friends, but it’s only made more complicated by muse a always living in fear that muse b might reveal his problems to the rest of the world.

[your character] had wanted to be a magician his entire life. He had worked for it since he was young, and, though everyone seemed to believe that it was just a phase, he never outgrew it. By the time he was thirteen, he was a master magician. By the time he was seventeen, he was known for sleeping with his assistants. And by the time he was twenty, he was travelling the world performing for giant crowds. He had an amazing life, but no matter how many audiences he amazed, no matter how many people he slept with, he felt alone, even in the world of magic he had created for himself.

Arkadios Antonopoulos, however, was not one to believe in magic. His world was a very black and white place, and he didn't trust easily. Everybody betrayed him, or abandoned him, and he had become very desensitized to it at an early age. He just started to accept the fact that nobody truly liked him, and that the world was just a dull, cruel place.

However, one day he somehow ended up at one of [your character]'s shows. And [your character] saw the pain in his eyes. And he decided to ask the boy, who he promptly nicknamed 'Arkade,' to go with him on tour, because he was going to convince this boy that there was magic in the world.

Muse A [my character] was moderately paranoid, severe thanatophobe who had been suffering from death anxiety since he was thirteen. He distanced himself from others in fear that they intended to harm him. There were times where he would skip class because he was afraid that there would be an incident. He never did anything that was too much of a risk. Anything that could kill him would; anyone who could kill him wanted to. And to someone with his fear, there was no risk worth taking if it could result in his death.

Muse B was a risk taker, a daredevil. He would do anything for an adrenaline rush, no matter how dangerous. He went cliff jumping, skydiving, anything he could do. His main goal was to have fun, and no fears would ever get in his way. On top of this, he was also well-known for dating around. He wasn't necessarily disrespectful, but he just wasn't good at finding people he was compatible with for long term relationships; he also liked dating people to get to know them and then dropping them to just a friend.

B had obviously noticed the shy kid who sat at the edge of the cafeteria, completely alone every day. He knew very little about A, but he did know that he was another senior who never did anything. Nobody had ever seen him at parties. He never spoke in class. He seemed normal enough, but it was obvious that he wasn't the type to do anything out of his comfort zone, and it didn't take long for tit to become clear that his comfort zone was a very small area. So he decided to ask the other teen out. A, in a moment of shock, said yes before realizing what he was agreeing to. He was too polite to change his mind, and suddenly, he and B were dating, and every date they went on, B insisted on doing something stupid and dangerous. A found himself getting sucked in by his new boyfriend's assertive personality, but no matter how many risky adventures they went on, A was always afraid that something bad would happen to one of them. And with the sort of activities B enjoyed, eventually, one of them getting hurt was inevitable.

characters available for plotting:
-
Nolan Travis: open to criminal/gang romance roleplays
- Ragnar: anything he might fit into

Last edited:
Hi. Sadly I’m not confident I could do a daily posting or keep up with an advance player (just got back into RPing) but I just wanted to say that Timothy Barrett plot sounded amazing. Good luck with you’re search!

Hello! Sorry to hear you don't think you'd be active enough for me. Thanks for the compliment though! It's one of my favorite plots and I'm glad to know that other people like the idea as much as I do <3

Yeah. Its one of those I think I could get at least one post a day out but no garuntee. The only thing I have that has an actually keyboard is my toddler’s tablet and I only get that at night when he is asleep and I dont’ always stay up once the kids are sleeping lol. Trying to type on a phone is a pain. I do use it for discord chats though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back