• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

dawningEclipse

A Beautifully Dark Knight
Hi! I am currently looking for a Tom Riddle. I have this prompt here with my character, a female OC named Cora Carter who is a Seer. I haven't been able to get much out of this prompt yet, though I would really like to. I would love for someone to match length and if you have any ideas on where to go from here, let me know! Just a few things about me, I don’t double as I’ve never had a good experience with it, but I’m open to playing other characters the story needs, but only one main. Also, I would like to build the story with someone to incorporate both of our ideas. Sorry for the informal post, I really wanted to get this prompt out there. If you like the prompt please DM me and we can start a new chat specifically for the RP. Thanks! ^u^

Fire, the scent of blood and the sound of screams surrounded her. Where was she? What was happening? It was as though she was in hell, the building around her burning down and lifeless bodies laid around her, muggles. They were muggles, she could tell. They had been killed with the killing curse as apparent in their open lifeless eyes. The sounds of another scream echoed from down the hall of this burning building, she followed, she had seen this before. As she came closer to the building's entrance two figures were seen out in the snow. The snow, that meant it was around winter. As she saw through the door and outside there was a man kneeling with shaggy brown hair and dark brown eyes, he was full of fear and pleading to the figure that stood above him. The figure was shrouded in darkness, the cloak around them looking as though it was a bit of darkness that would suck you in forever. Its face was that of death, a silver metal mask shaped like a skull obscured the figures face and bore its gaze down to the pleading man. It wasn't long before a wand came out and a flash of green light was seen, the unforgivable words drowned out but the intense crackling of fire behind her. She understood it was another one, similar to the rest. The man turned to leave as the lifeless body hit the snow, no doubt the Aurors would be here soon, just as they always have. Though this time they did not show up right away, this time it was different. The cloaked figure was met by the presence of another. As she drew closer she could hear the words spoken to the imposing man, "It is done, my Lord." As the cloaked figure bowed she was met with the face of a man, slightly obscured by the snow but the smirk that spread over his lips was unmistakable. She knew that smirk.

"Tom!" The girl sat up in her bed, sweat covering her pale skin. This wasn't the first time she had a vision like this. Panting the girl looks around and realized she was in her shared room at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She regained her breath, taking each lungful of air slow and steady. Her hands reached over to her bedside, grabbing a small black journal that she kept with her at all times, quickly writing in her latest vision. It was required of her to write them down, the ministry demanded it. Cora Carter was a Seer, a rather specific one in fact. Her visions were always accurate and when her parents found out about it after she predicted the death of the last minister of magic, they brought her to the ministry. Cora was from a wealthy and pureblooded family. Her family was known for collecting ancient cursed artifacts and studying them, both of her parents working for the ministry and traveling many places. She had grown up in the lap of luxury, seen as a princess of sorts, though after she was found to be a known Seer, her life was monitored.

Her visions would be written down and sent to the ministry weekly for interpretation and investigation. Many of them the ministry found to be nonsense, though Cora knew that there was meaning behind them. As she wrote down her latest vision, one name came to mind. Tom Riddle. The smirk the man wore in her vision looked exactly like him. She couldn't say that if she wrote down his name it would be sentencing him to investigation and her heart was selfish. The school knew of the two Slytherins whose rivalry was clear. Tom Riddle and Cora Carter. Since their second year at Hogwarts, both found that their intelligence matched each other and with both striving to be the best, their competition was born. It was through this that Cora's quiet nature began to pass, but only around Tom. They would tase each other, make snide comments to one another and send almost playful glares. Cora didn't really know when, but somewhere in all of this, the attraction was formed.

Cora didn't just like him, there were many girls that liked Tom, he was good looking and very popular, he always had a way to get people to follow him or do as he wanted. No, if anything Cora hated Tom at first. But not she respected him and even more so, cared for him. She wanted him to be safe and if this dream really did involve him, she was worried. She would never tell him or show him this obviously. They were in their fifth year now and had established their relationship dynamic. She sighed softly as she got out of bed and went to go to the restroom, brushing her teeth and her hair, wearing her long wavy raven locks down. She dressed into her uniform and secured her Slytherin tie around her neck proudly. She loved her house even though many others were skeptical of the serpents.

Cora headed down to the great hall, always liking to get there early to read or write as she ate breakfast. She got there and took her normal seat, seeing that only a few students were there. She was quiet and kept to herself as she ate a peaceful breakfast, writing down the rest of her vision into the journal that she had tucked away in her robes. The details of the vision were what was important, the snow, the town, the burning numbers on the house address. All important. Every detail she would write down, except one, the fact that the man bowed to looked like Tom. It wasn't long before the hall started to fill more and her roommates came to sit with her, one on each side. They were twins, Amber and Ariana Lovair. They were nice enough to her and pretty popular as well, always getting along with the boys, especially the ones in Tom's gang.

It was only a moment after that laughing could be heard entering the great hall, she knew immediately who it was. Tom Riddle and his gang of about six boys walked into the great hall, being boisterous and loud as usual, except for Tom, who was usually calm and collected. When she looked up and over to them her eyes locked with Tom's, her crystal blue orbs meeting his own and she forced a blush from creeping onto her cheeks as she then gave him a gentle glare before looking back to her journal. She made a mistake and she knew he would know it. They could read each other almost like a book and they both knew the glare she gave him wasn't hard enough to say she was in a bad mood and didn't want to talk. If anything, that glare was an invitation over to her and she knew he would know it was a mistake. Now she prepared herself for the upcoming conversation they were to have, she was ready though. One thing about her was that she was the only person that could rile Tom up and of that she was proud. A smirk was now on her lips as she didn't look at him as he came over, putting on air that she was quite content and obviously ignoring him, even more, an invitation for him to speak with her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back