• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for a team of heros

BugDozer73

The silence of the returning wind
I'm looking for a group of people to go on an adventure: DND style. I have an entirely fleshed out, full style world, am super available, and am curious to see if any people are interested in this. Depending on replies I will release more info, but I am looking at a full hombrew 5e style campaign, with magic, monsters, quests and exotic races. I would be "dm'ing" so I would not control any pc's just npcs. Please comment or pm me if you're interested

Hi there!
A DnD campaign sounds cool. Where would this RP fall on a scale of Critical Role to The Adventure Zone? (If you’re not familiar with either, I’m just curious as to how rules-heavy you’d like to be.) I’m not an experienced DnD player, but a DnD-esque campaign with some rules and plenty of story sounds like something I can get on board with.
— Mot

I'm so tired of my live D&D groups dying off due to everyone's busy schedules. I would be very interested in playing in your campaign, the more homebrew the better! I am willing to play whichever character class is needed in the party, although I am a bard at heart, if that is available. Do you have any introductory lore to start the character creation mill churning?

Would need a lot more info really, both in how you plan on handling it (I'm assuming Pbp though would like to know some general rules and all how you will handle stuff) and general world info and all to see if it really is compelling for me.

I'm interested in this, and would love to hear more about the setting!

-cough-

I know a lot of people have already expressed interest, and it gets harder to maintain a group as a GM the larger the group is... but...
May I join? xD.

Golly guys! I’m really sorry I forgot to watch this thread, I didn’t receive any notifications and thought no one was interested!

To answer some questions!
VERY HOMEBREW: all homebrew worlds, and yes everyone will have a 5e character sheet with individual stats. I will over see the rolls just to make sure they are all fair (and fun).

I’m hoping to do play by post: that will be a lot of desision on my part, and less rolls than an actual game. Due to the slower speed of these posts, the rolls will be a lot less part of it. I’m a good dm but have never run a dnd by text before so this is new to me.

As for players I’m looking for maybe three, and I would also be playing a character. I know I said I wouldn’t be, but fuck you all got me so excited now and I got this new idea. If you are still interested, dm me your character idea and I’ll try to work with you all. I reserve the right to pick and choose my players and will do so based on creativity of character idea. I will take no more than 4 total

I need to know more about the universe before making character. Don't want to throw my sentient crybaby giant mecha into the world of sword & magic. :hornskiss:

Soo... ummm...
Semi-steampunk theme? Gears and boilers and flintlock guns? :)

Also... why are all the good gods female, the bad gods male, and the neutral gods, well... neutral gender?

Last edited:
Soo... ummm...

Also... why are all the good gods female, the bad gods male, and the neutral gods, well... neutral gender?
That’s actually an excellent question about the gods. That implies some serious sexism. I made this a few years ago with my gf, and I can promise that it wasn’t meant like that xD! I actually am going to make thasia into Thasa, make it a man, and change the god of war into a woman

Soo... ummm...

And yes, semi steam punk, but highly fantasy medieval. Like no steam punk aesthetic in the cities. But guns exists and I’m allowing the artificer class

Oh, sorry to get you all riled up and stuff. I don't care about the mechanics. I'm trying to make the backstory here.

But really, what's a Shadow-Walker Human? I always liked dark races, this one intrigues. :/

Oh, sorry to get you all riled up and stuff. I don't care about the mechanics. I'm trying to make the backstory here.

But really, what's a Shadow-Walker Human? I always liked dark races, this one intrigues. :/

oh no I'm not riled up!I am very happy that you are interested, i just feel bad cause that was more of a creation of purize's. I don't know really. I am willing to work out something for backstory, but that was made before we started playing dnd

Ah, alright. I'll just look at the DnD Beyond website and whatnot. xD. I'll find a good substitute race there.

Ah, alright. I'll just look at the DnD Beyond website and whatnot. xD. I'll find a good substitute race there.
I suggest the kalishtar, they seem to be very similar to the fletching race u posted. not the exact same but with some similarities. There is also an entire list of homebrew races on gingers dnd 5e I would be willing to consider if you sent me the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back