• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a sadist...(angst, whump, h/c and so much more! search thread)

AngstyAnarchist

Heck... I wrote waaaay too much. I'm so sorry!

Hello! I'm AngstyAnarchist- and those two words sum me up amazingly -you can also call me River. I use they/them pronouns, am 24 and am a full time student in social support work; which means I can reply most on the weekends, but may be able to do more frequently depending on my study load.

I don't have any solid OC's in mind at the moment, but I tend towards optimistic, morally guided, intelligent, and determined, stubborn and masochistic characters.
What I am looking for is people to mess with and toy with them. In short, bring me your manipulators, sadists, demons, crime lords, serial killers, psychopaths and more!
I would like there to be more depth than just abuse- although I'm open to that being part of the dynamic -but it's so much more compelling when there's an aspect of positive validation/fluff to give that humanising sympathy- even if it's just to keep my chara hooked and invested. I'm also open to underdogs, rebels, the misunderstood, etc, but I have a real itching for outright sadistic, immoral, characters (with potentially soft spots)
I'm also a sucker for a rough type who genuinely cares about/doesn't want to hurt mu character. (

I'll drop a writing sample at the bottom of this post!
(a Les Mis prison AU, but it gives an idea of my writing.

Still with me? Great! Onto some housekeeping, lets see if we're a fit!

-18+ please! Role plays I'm looking for here have darker themes and I don't personally feel comfortable rping with people under 18.
-I'd prefer characters to be 21+, 18+ is fine if there's not an excessive age gap.
-I do OC x OC or CCxCC (I have one exception where I'd do CCxOC and that would be with me as the 13th Doctor.)
-I heavily prefer M x M or F x F, non binary and trans characters welcome! (I don't relate to het F x M very well, and am not comfortable playing M in such a pairing.)
-Ghost friendly, I try not to make a habit of ghosting people, but life happens.
-I probably can't reply every day, but I will try. I am very active in the weekends though and will role play for hours(18+) Friday night on if I'm really invested.
-My characters will probably try to psychoanalyze yours. I've studied a lot of pysch and sociology, and it spills into RPs.

-I use past tense, third person language- you do not have to! -it's just what flows best for me.
-I can write between 3-5 sentences(min) to 5+ paragraphs depending on how invested I am, what's happening in the scene, and how much I have to work with. I can get carried away and write heaps, but that doesn't mean you have to match my lengths!
-On that note I do ask that people don't give me one liners, if I don't feel like I've got something to work with, I won't be able to keep up the inspiration and energy
-I would probably consider myself somewhere between semi-advanced lit and probably fall under lazy lit sometimes too.
-Feel free to chat OOC to me! I'm socially awkward/shy, but the more we RP and I get to know you, the less awkward I'll be (I promise! xD ) This is not a requirement, you just want to RP and stay in character, that's fine for me too!
-I am really flexible, communicate with me!
-No Godmodding, please don't kill, or actually control, my character(especially thoughts/feelings on things, guessing at what they might be thinking is one thing, narrating it is another.)
-Please try to avoid Mary Sues, I'm here for the flaws, perfection is boring.
-When it comes to mental health, I'm not a fan of using that to villianise someone, your characters can have mental illnesses, but make it realistic and try to know what you're talking about. I've A, got several diagnosis myself and B, have done formal training around mental health, so if you want to include something like that and need information, I can help. Lets avoid perpetuating stigma. c:

Genres:

Dystopian
Apocalypse(Zombies, Natural Disasters, bring on the fun!)
Sci-Fi
Time travel
Fantasy
Urban fantasy
Victorian
Cyberpunk
Steampunk
Ancient Rome
Ancient Greece
Supernatural(Creatures, not the show)
Mythological
Groundhog day
Reincarnation
Prison
Psych Ward

And more!

Dynamics/pairings I really like:

Enemies to lovers
Rivals
Angst
H/C
Serial killer x detective
Serial killer x Victim
Organised crime
Hero x Villain
Amnesia
Predator x prey
Hostage x Captor
AI x Human(inventor, engineer, etc)
Prince x Assassin
Leader of the revolution x Prince
Angel x Demon

I really like role playing Fey/Fairys too, doing so along a demon/Witcher/hunter etc is an idea I'm itching for.

Fandoms I have cravings for atm include:

Death note
Black Butler
Black Lagoon
Doctor Who
Les Miserables
Hazbin Hotel
Umbrella Academy
Sherlock (Less inclined towards these days, the right plot could be interesting)

Ask me about my ships!
Happy for OC x OC in those worlds!
Open to AU's!

If you're still with me and this all sound good, please feel free to reply or PM me your ideas, and we can come up with something!

Writing sample:
(Length is considered on the short end for my usual starters, but I like this one atm.)

‘Keep to yourself, stay out of fights don’t draw attention to yourself, and you’ll be fine’ That is what Grantaire and Bahorel had spent his last moments as a free man trying to drill into him and in the week since the poet had arrived at La Sante prison in Paris, he had done pretty well at sticking to the advice. But things were different now, because now- standing in the yard for their allocated daily dose of fresh air -someone was getting hurt, and Jehan could never just stand back and watch someone get hurt. The group; known as the Patron Minette had closed around the poor man quickly- two of them grabbing his shoulders and holding him still, while the leader slammed his fist into his face, his stomach, and some of the prisoners had gathered around to cheer the fight on. He didn’t really think it through, only that he needed to intervene and the poet had pushed through his cheering peers, walking right up to the leader of the group and grabbing his wrist before he could land another blow on the poor man. “Stop that! You can’t just go around punching people!” Jehan found himself exclaiming a little hysterically. “Please?” He added, as the implications of just how stupid his actions had been dawned on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back