• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking For a Roleplay Partner

Maddie

Hello! So I recently got some inspiration and several ideas for new roleplays and am hoping to find some fellow roleplayers who are interested.

So I have a few small rules, I will keep it short and sweet.

• 2+ paragraph replies. I am a wordy person by nature so I write rather detailed replies, and appreciate getting detailed ones in return. I seriously hate one-liners.
  • Unless we are doing doubles, I always want to roleplay as the female character.
    As a little note on the above rule, I am not really wanting to roleplay doubles for these plots but if you really want to and provide me with a sample of your writing style/length I may say yes.

[*]I roleplay to practice, and improve my own writing, meaning I really appreciate good grammar and literate replies. I understand typos, a few spelling mistakes, misplaced commas, etc. we are all human after all. However if we are roleplaying and your writing style just seems a bit juvenile I will most likely get bored and ask to end the roleplay.

[*]I really enjoy having some romance in my roleplays. I love adventure and mystery, and all sorts of plot twists, but I absolutely love to have romance involved in a roleplay. So, just be prepared for that.

[*]I only roleplay MxF

Alright, I hope I did not scare you away with those rules. Hopefully I did not come across as too up-tight or harsh. I really am quite laid back and just looking to have some fun in a roleplay. Soo, without further ado my plot ideas...

And I will Give Up this fight, because I can not make you love me if you don't

The Gist: An Emperor/King/Prince (whichever you prefer) is quite the self centered, vain, selfish, cruel individual. He has a rough personality and is entirely unoccupied with what anyone else, aside from him, wants or needs. The people consider him to be a somewhat oppressive, yet uninvolved ruler and rather than be loved, respected, or admired by his people he is hated and mocked behind his back as none would ever dare speak ill of him in the open. One morning as he happened to be passing through the streets due to an inconvenience he happens upon a mere, yet beautiful, peasant. He orders a servant to observe her, later learning that she is engaged to be married in just two weeks. Being vain and selfish he determines that she is the most beautiful woman in the kingdom, and only he should be allowed to wed her. With that decision he has her brought to the palace and orders her to marry him. She refuses, not fearing banishment, but as a result he threatens to execute her family if she will not marry him. With such drastic terms, she can not refuse.

Basically this will be a roleplay of love and war. As the ruler he will have much more hardships to face, and having been uninvolved in the past there is a large hurdle for him to overcome. For instance regaining his people's trust. At the same time, while he and his new bride start off despising each other, arguing all the time he eventually realizes that there is more to her than her appearance and actually falls in love with her. Of course, her feelings would not be the same and he would have to come to realize that not everything can be bought with money or power. If he wants her love, he has to earn it.

Hi! I think we could work well together..... only I have almost no interest in this plot :< the character is just not my style... But I think that we could work something out?

This seems very beauty and the beast. I would be interested in doing this as a Prince but are you opposed to him having ulterior motives to his selfishness ? Such as oppressive family? Fear of heathens? Fear of war? Something along those lines? I don't want to roleplay a total D-bag :P

@Pura234 Definitely not opposed! I love character development, and fears create a more interesting character. I really want his character to have more depth. So yes, he could definitely have other motives.

Okay perfect now I am super n00b at this site and would not know how to start a new thread or anything so sorry but that's on you :P Also where in the story are we starting? I imagine from the moment the girl would be taken to the castle? Also for sake of plot moving along Should I double up as one of the girls hand maidens ? Should I post skeletons or pictures? Sorry for being too new at this site :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back