• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a relaxed partner~ Plots, Pairings, Romance, Fandoms

Wishfully

*~ perfect teatime! ~*
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

**I've been under a lot of stress lately, so I'm really interested in
casual, relaxed, patient partners and fairly low-key, fluffy friendship/romance plots (which is why basically all of my plots reflect that) because my existence is a cliche. The asterisks (*) will indicate what I'm most interested in at the moment. Hopefully I'll be more creative in the future, but right now I'd like something to lighten my mood.

Hello, and welcome to my Partner Search Thread! I'm Midnight, and I am pleased to meet you! I'll be using this thread as my master list and update it whenever I have new ideas to add :) So, as you may have guessed- I am looking for RP partners! Although I love meeting new people and roleplay with a lot of partners, I do have a few specifics I'm looking for so I would really appreciate if you took the time to read through this section below about my preferences and expectations:

-Length: Casual and Detailed

Right now I feel most comfortable writing about 1-4 paragraphs, but I do match length. I would like at least solid a paragraph; however, I must ask please no novellas- I’m all about detail and have written really lengthy replies before but I’m just not up for it at the moment.

-Roles: Male and Female

I play male and female, and I like playing both genders pretty equally. With certain plots I may have a preference on which gender, but often times I don't mind either. I will also double or play multiple roles, depending on the situation.

-Romance: Welcomed, But Not Required

Most of the plots I have listed are romantic plots because I'm just in that kind of mood at the moment. However, any of them can be adapted into friendship/platonic plots as well. Romance is cute and I often enjoy it, but it's not necessary for me- I find friendships, platonic relationships, and emotional development without romance equally as enjoyable. Also, I will not write sexually explicit content, and it is not allowed on this site anyways.

-Activity: Flexible, Patient, Preferably Relaxed

I understand this may not be ideal for everyone, but I'm not searching for an ultra-high level of activity. I'm a college student with a job and extracurricular activities (and yes I will be in school during the summer), so responding multiple times per day is not possible for me right now. If you can respond a few times a week, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll try my best to let you know if I know I'll be gone for awhile, but feel free to give me a (polite) nudge if you haven't heard from me in awhile. Likewise, I'm not one to constantly bug others about replies. I'll give it about a week or two and then ask if you're okay. I'm really patient and understand when things come up, so I'd appreciate if you do the same for me.

*Note: I do tend to respond faster to group RPs because more people are waiting on me, but that does not mean my 1x1s are any less important to me or have been forgotten. So if you notice me online replying to stuff, and not our RP, please don't freak out or get mad at me. I promise I'll get to back to you!

-Communication: Highly Appreciated

Talking about the plot and characters is important for me when starting an RP, and communication about the RP in general throughout works well in my opinion. If I'm confused about something or not really interested in the plot, I'm going to tell you so we can try to work it out, and I expect you to do the same. I really don't want you to suffer silently if you're not interested. Just tell me, please. I'm really flexible and want to work with you if you're willing to work with me. I also enjoy meeting new people and getting to know my partners- I want us to be friends out of character as well, so OOC chat is definitely encouraged :3

-Quitting/Dropping: I'd rather you tell me than not- I honestly won't be mad.

If you're not interested anymore- please tell me. I don't want to RP if you don't want to RP. I believe RP should be fun, and if it's not fun for anyone then why are we doing it? Also, I will not chase you down for a reply. If you haven't responded for a week or two, I'll send you a PM asking if you're still interested or busy or something; however, I do have a tendency to let RPs fade away quietly if my partners repeatedly don't respond. After awhile, I'll assume you either lost interest or got busy and forgot about me, and that's okay. I know it's awkward to end an RP but I'd rather know than be stuck waiting on your reply. I won't be mad, honestly.

*Also, if we were partners before and something happened and the RP died but you want to revive it or try something new, please let me know! I'm always open to RP with old partners- most of my old partners have been great, and I have no hard feelings against anyone. I definitely don't mind working something out again :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read all of that! I know it's a lot, but I hope we can work something out! I'm honestly quite flexible, and even if I say I'm not looking for a certain pairing/role/etc. there's no harm in asking if you're really interested. The plots listed here are basic starting points open to adjustment, so please do bring your ideas to the table! Now onto plots and pairings:

~ Summer-Themed Romance Plots ~

The Summer I Met You

THE SUMMER I MET YOU

Visitor/Tourist x Local

Pairings: MxF || My Preferred Role:

Genres/Themes: Classic Summer Romance (think Nicholas Sparks xP), Beach, Slice of Life, Drama

In this classic boy-meets-girl tale, a two people connect at a summer beach party. Sparks fly, and it feels like love at first sight- it’s almost too good to be true. Yet, no relationship can be smooth sailing all the time, and the characters will learn that in order to make things work, they have to communicate and open their hearts to another person. All the while, time is becoming their greatest enemy. Can this chance of fate turn into something more, or will it all be over when the sun sets?​

Endless Summer**

**ENDLESS SUMMER

Visitor/Tourist x Local // Friend x Friend

Pairings: MxF, FxF || My Preferred Role:

Genres/Themes: Summer Romance, Old Flames, Road Trip, Slice of Life, Drama

One fateful day in summer, two people are reunited after several years apart. Character A is just passing through town and bumps into Character B at a local diner. The two spend some time catching up, and they can feel a pull between them- old feelings resurfacing from the last time they were together. After spending more time with one another, they decide to do something crazy- Character B will join Character A on their summer road trip. They have no set destinations or plans, but they only have until the end of summer before they must part ways again. Will their feelings spark into something more -something they didn’t have before- or will they realize they were never meant to be?

A Love For All Seasons**

**A LOVE FOR ALL SEASONS

Pen Pal x Pen Pal

Pairings: MxF || My Preferred Role:

Genres/Themes: Long Distance, Slice of Life, Drama

They’ve been friends from a distance- two people living in different worlds, and they only know one another through their letters. At first, they worried that this “pen pal” thing wouldn’t work, but eventually, they discovered how much they enjoy talking to one another. Character A and Character B write to one another often, at least once a week. They talk about their daily lives and interests, and they can confide in one another. There is safety in distance, but all of that is about to change. After years of written communication, Character B is about to visit Character A’s city for summer vacation. Of course the two make plans to meet, but what if the meeting is nothing like they expected? And what if it is?

Special Notes

• I’d love to build up the long-distance relationship through the letters for awhile before actually having the characters meet.

~ Other Modern Romance Plots ~

Bright Lights and Starry Nights**

**BRIGHT LIGHTS AND STARRY NIGHTS

Country Boy/Girl x City Boy/Girl

Pairings: MxF || My Preferred Role: Country Girl

Genres/Themes: Opposites Attract, Slice of Life

Option 1: Character A is a city dweller who moves to the country in order to get away from their busy life. Character A is looking to settle down and finds the rural life charming, however, they have never lived in the countryside before. Character B is a neighbor who learns that Character A is from the city and takes it upon him/herself to help their new neighbor adjust to the country life. As someone who was born and raised here, Character B has plenty of knowledge to pass on to Character A, and their relationship continues to build. As Character A becomes more acclimated to the community, they will make forge new relationships and gain perspective on a new walk of life.

Option 2: Character B is a country dweller who moves to the city in hopes of recreating him/herself. Character B has spent all of his/her life in a small town and realized that they were going nowhere fast. Character B took a daring leap into the unknown, and they found themselves in the busy city. Fortunately, Character A is there to ease the shock factor. Character A shows Character B the ways of the city and becomes a good friend in times of need. As their relationship develops, so does Character B’s understanding of another world.

Heartsong*

*HEARTSONG

Musician x Deaf Person

Pairings: MxM, MxF, FxF || My Preferred Role:

Genres/Themes: Modern, Slice of Life, Drama, Music

Character A is a determined musician with a passion. One day, s/he will become a professional musician. No matter how many local concerts, garage bands, music classes- one day, it will happen. The musician wants to inspire others and meet other people who feel the same way about music, and at a concert they meet Character B. Only, Character B is deaf. The musician is honestly shocked and feels sorry that the Character B cannot hear the music- why would a deaf person come to a concert in the first place? Curiosity drives the musician to reach out to this deaf person, wanting to inspire Character B somehow. Yet, Character B is far from being helpless and will teach Character A more than either of them ever expected to learn about passion, inspiration, and chasing dreams.

The Prep and the Painter*

*THE PREP AND THE PAINTER

Artist x Athlete // Roommate x Roommate

Pairings: MxF, FxF, MxM || My Preferred Role: Artist

Genres/Themes: College, Slice of Life, Opposites Attract, Comedy

They found each other by chance- some random roommate pairing site. To be honest, they don’t know much about each other. They just had a few conversations and decided they would make decent friends. However, they don’t realize how drastically different they are. One is an artist, one is an athlete. One is outgoing, while the other is more reserved. They couldn’t be more different in taste, interests, or personality- yet somehow it all works out. Maybe it was a little rough at first, but the two roommates eventually realize they wouldn’t want to be rooming with anyone else. Living together under such circumstances brings them closer together and creates a lasting friendship that can be humorous, aggravating, and priceless all at once.

No Business Like Show Business*

*NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS

Actor x Actress

Pairings: MxF || My Preferred Role: Actor (M)

Genres/Themes: Broadway, Modern, Fame/Fortune, Opposites Attract, Comedy, Drama

Character A is a well-known actor, the male lead for the next big Broadway performance. He is talented and fits the role perfectly, as does the leading female actress. They have great chemistry onstage, and everyone is looking forward to the big performace. However, when the leading lady is unexpectedly injured, everything starts to go south. Once the doctors confirm she will not be able to perform for the rest of the season her understudy, Character B, must step up and take over the role. Character B is more of an upcoming star and is very different than the original actress. She must learn how to play such an important role and interact with her fellow cast members, including the lead male actor. Character A is forced to re-learn everything so that he can perform well with this new actress, but they both realize that it will take more than effort to get along and make this show a success. Will the two performers mesh well, or will they find they are nothing alike? And who knows what will happen offstage- once the professional façade is gone, a person’s true colors will surely be a dramatic spectacle.

Possible Twists

• The characters get caught in a compromising situation and become known as the latest scandal.

• One or both characters fake a relationship as a publicity move.

• Other (NPC?) lovers get caught in the mix and create complications.

You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME IF I TOLD YOU

Human x Ghost

Pairings: MxF, MxM, FxF || My Preferred Role:

Genres/Themes: Supernatural, Slice of Life, Mystery

Have you ever felt like you were different? Do you hear things that other people don’t hear, or see things that others can’t? What if the things you saw and heard were other people- dead people? Well that’s what it’s like for Character A- just a regular person with an ordinary life, until s/he notices Character B. Character B is a pale figure, and a lonely one at that. The naturally curious Character A decides to befriend the lonely person, only to discover that no one else can see him/her. How is this possible, and why does it happen? Two unlikely friends will come to see the world through new eyes and cross dimensions to face the unknown.

~ Other Pairings/Genres ~

Fandoms

FANDOMS

For fandoms, I often like Canon x OC pairings and doubling. However, I have specified for each fandom- if there are no pairing options, then I would like to use the fandom as inspiration or use the canon world/plot without creating a romantic pairing.

*Note: If you wish to do a fandom RP with me, please have a basic plot in mind or have some general plot ideas. I’m not very good at thinking of fandom plots, but I’m more than willing to work with you.

Books

*Divergent (OCxOC)

Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus (CxC, CxOC, OCxOC)

The Mortal Instruments (OCxOC)

*The Hunger Games (OCxOC)

Anime (sorry, but I haven't read the manga)

Ouran High School Host Club (CxOC)

**Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun/Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (CxC, CxOC)

**Tonari-no Kaibutsu-kun/My Little Monster (CxC, CxOC)

*La Corda D’Oro (CxOC, OCxOC)

*Black Butler (CxOC, OCxOC)

*Tokyo Ghoul (CxOC, OCxOC)

*Death Parade (CxC, CxOC, OCxOC)

Code Geass (CxOC)

Death Note (CxOC)

Free! (CxOC)

Dangan Ronpa

*Another

TV Shows

Supernatural (CxOC, OCxOC)

Sherlock (CxOC)

Glee (OCxOC)

*How I Met Your Mother/Friends

Once Upon a Time

Movies (sorry, but I am not versed in the books/shows/series/comics for these)

Avengers/Marvel/DC (CxOC, OCxOC)

Disney/Dreamworks (CxC, CxOC)

Star Trek (CxOC, OCxOC)

Hobbit/LotR​

Genres

GENRES

These are the themes I am familiar with and enjoy:

Modern/Slice of Life

Fantasy

Supernatural

Futuristic

Dystopian

Mystery

Suspense

Drama

Romance

~ IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, INTEREST, ETC. PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE OR COMMENT. THANK YOU!!! ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Whether or not you're up for another roleplay partner right this minute, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd comment anywho just in case.

I've been looking for some kind of casual Black Butler roleplay or ages, involving canon characters or originals; I really don't mind. I'm quick enough at coming up with plot ideas, so that shouldn't be a problem. Shoot me a message if you're interested. :'D

Ktulu said:
Hello! Whether or not you're up for another roleplay partner right this minute, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd comment anywho just in case.
I've been looking for some kind of casual Black Butler roleplay or ages, involving canon characters or originals; I really don't mind. I'm quick enough at coming up with plot ideas, so that shouldn't be a problem. Shoot me a message if you're interested. :'D
So sorry for the late reply- Thanks so much for your interest :3 I'm not sure I'm up for a Black Butler at the moment, but if I brush up on my knowledge and take an interest in it again I will definitely let you know!

Hi! Not sure if you are still looking right now but I love heart song and I would love to be character b! I saw that you are only accepting a couple more people so no worries!!

Hey you! Since Brookfield is kinda on the dl right now, I figured I'd do some hunting as well. I'm super in love with the Cirque du Couer plot, so shoot me a PM and hopefully we can work something out!

(BTW: @Ktulu, love your little signature photo. Absolutely great, love that kind of stuff.)

But to the topic at hand, I am glad I found this thread. I have several interests in several plots and genres. I like the following plots:

Cirque du Coeur (Circus of the Heart
(Yes I dabble in French))

You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You

But I also like the following Fandoms:

Divergent

The Hunger Games

(I can do the others if you wish, but I am not so fluent in "The Mortal Instruments" lore.)

Marvel (Avengers included in Marvel)/DC (Preferably Marvel since I am more knowledgeable in that field.)

Disney/Dreamworks

But if all of those do not work out I like the genres:

Modern/Slice of Life

Fantasy

Futuristic

Dystopian

Mystery

Suspense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back