• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for a potentially long term rp partner for a Dead Space roleplay (MxM/MxF)

Icarus-Ulrich

Hey, everybody! Per the title, I'm seeking a potentially long term partner for a Dead Space roleplay. I'm open to other stories but would really like to start with this for sure. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and just can't seem to find the right partner.

I'm new to the site and have posted an about me in the link below.

So, if you're reading this I'll assume you have knowledge of the series and have the potential to act out the story with me. If you don't, I'll give a bit of an overview of what the setting is and what I'm expecting.

Dead Space is a video game series set in the future where Earth has exhausted virtually all of its natural resources and has colonized throughout the solar system and beyond. There is a religion in the games universe known as Unitology revolving around mysterious natural and manmade artifacts known as Markers (black=natural, red=manmade). The Markers are receivers of seemingly limitless energy which is why humans became infatuated with them, hellbent on finding the source of the energy to harvest and reclaim the nearly dead planet of Earth. The Markers emit signals among the intelligent life on the planet and cause them to worship them, then become delusional and psychotic until they either kill themselves or others. Once there are enough dead bodies, human or otherwise, the Markers send out signals to reanimate the corpses into nightmarish creatures known as necromorphs that further the will of the Markers until there are enough corpses to begin the Convergence Event in which the corpses, necromorphs and planetary material ascend and reanimate to become a Brethren Moon, a necromorph moon that is the signal source of the "limitless energy" that the Markers receive. Once the cycle is complete the cycle repeats, the moons jetting new Markers throughout the universe to hit new planets and start the process again until nothing but Brethren moons remain.

Now, there are three mainline games in the series as well as other games, comics and animated films that all build off the lore listed above. If you've played or know of the games and associated media, great! If not, just read up on the wiki.

Now, to the main event after much, probably unnecessary, discussion. I don't want to just reenact the events of the three mainline games. I mean, that's cool to do and give a different perspective in a "what if" kind of sense, but that's not exactly what I'm wanting to do. I don't mind using the settings from the games as the setting for the rp and I don't mind using characters from the games either, but I don't want to roleplay personally as a main character from the games. I would like to try and world build a bit to give some individuality to our own original characters and set the stage for our own story in this universe.

I roleplay as a hetero male, which I am, and go by he/him and am looking for either another male or female to roleplay with. There is the potential for romance should you rp as a female and it forms naturally, but that's not my main focus here. The tension should be high as the fear sets in and threat of death become real in the story and this can lead to feelings of camaraderie amongst your peers and other survivors as well as paranoia as the possible delusions and hallucinations take effect from the ever menacing Markers. I just really want to dive deep into the story and build off that terror and fear that the games present. The story can take many twists and turns and be amazing and I'm happy to brainstorm on our characters, the plot and everything.

Please message me either here or in dms if you are interested and would like to get started. I'm cool with keeping things localized to the site but prefer setting up a discord and would take care of that should we decide to proceed past introductions and messaging here first. If this isn't for you, that's cool! Thank you for taking the time to read and have a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back