• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Avid Worldbuilder Searching for Partners [Always Open!]

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[class=tabs]background-color: #d1c870; box-sizing: border-box; color: #515151; font-size: 20px; font-family: Courier New; auto;text-align: center; border 1px[/class] [class=tab]box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 20%;[/class] [class name=tab state=hover]background-color: #d4a7fe; color: #ffffff;[/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Summary) (show tabsContentSummary) if (eq ${currentTab} Introduction) (show tabsContentIntroduction) if (eq ${currentTab} Originals) (show tabsContentOriginals) if (eq ${currentTab} Fandoms) (show tabsContentFandoms) if (eq ${currentTab} Misc/Rules) (show tabsContentMiscRules) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab]Summary
[div class=tab]Introduction[/div][div class=tab]Originals[/div][div class=tab]Fandoms[/div][div class=tab]Misc/Rules[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentSummary"]
I tend to write a lot of information in my partner searches, and I know not everyone is going to read all of that, so if you just want the bare-bones basics, here it is!
  • I’m a college student as well as an indie creator, so I’m incredibly busy! Fridays and weekends are your best bet for getting a steady reply chain, and if I can’t manage that, please know it’s because of a lack of free time and nothing personal!
  • Some OOC chat, even just small talk here and there, is vital for me. Even if I like the RolePlay, I’ll drop it if you don’t talk at least a little bit.
  • My favorite genre is fantasy, both modern and otherwise, and I’ll also do very specific realistic/modern storylines, mostly involving dark themes. I enjoy dark themes in general. Although I enjoy romance, I don’t like for it to be front and center.
  • I will play male, female, and nonbinary characters, and I’m comfortable with any gender pairings. To MxM RolePlayers: No, I do not play specifically ‘dom’ or ‘sub’ characters. I enjoy playing characters of all types and do not adhere to stereotyping.
  • When it comes to fandoms, I will RolePlay ships. Check that section to see which ones.
  • I write in 3rd person descriptive and am a casual to semi-descriptive writer. I typically write more, but I haven't been actively writing for a couple of years, so I want to ease myself back into it. I don't mind how much my partner writes as long as I can build off of it.
  • I love playing multiple characters.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentIntroduction" style="display: none;"]
This section functions to briefly inform any potential partners about a few things before a RolePlay might be considered. I’ll do my best to keep it brief!

Reply FrequencyFirst off, I am a college student as well as an aspiring game dev and comic artist trying to start up my own studio. As a result, I am busy during the week. I will be able to reply most reliably on Fridays and weekends, but I will do my best on other days if I have time. If you are curious about specifics, my schedule is listed below (only valid until mid-December).
Schedule
Note: I live in the EST time zone, so please be aware of that when looking at these times.

Mondays
Wake-up time - 9AM
Class - 2:00 - 2:50
In-Person D&D Session - 6:00 - ??? (typically around 10:00/11:00PM)
Sleep – circa 1:00AM

Tuesdays
Wake-up time - 9AM
Class 1 – 2:00 - 3:15
Class 2 – 3:30 – 4:45PM
Class 3 - 5:30 - 8:15PM
Sleep – circa 1:00AM

Wednesdays
Same as Mondays + GSA meetings from 6:00 - 7:00PM

Thursdays
Same as Tuesdays

Fridays
Same as Mondays
It's been a while since I last RolePlayed consistently. It takes anywhere from 18 days to two months to build a habit, so if you've noticed the weekend has rolled around, and I have not replied, feel free to shoot a little reminder my way! Constant bumping will get really annoying, really quickly, but one little push on Saturday night or Sunday morning could really jog my memory that I need to reply!

OORPFinally, I find it necessary to mention that nothing turns me away from a RolePlay, no matter how fun and intriguing it is, faster than a partner who refuses to talk OOC. I want to feel like I’m interacting with a real, genuine person, and not a robot who spits out a few lines of text every now and again. I’m not asking to be your best friend, or even your friend at all, but if I say hello, please at least say hello back. Maybe ask how my day was, or if you’re really feeling bold, tell me a bit about yourself.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentOriginals" style="display: none;"]
Genre
Preferred Genre: High Fantasy

Others: Contemporary Fantasy, Historical Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Dark Modern

Romance? If our characters have chemistry, yes
My personal favorite genre, setting-wise, is fantasy. My favorite subgenre is high fantasy, and if you want an example, think the Lord of the Rings. I love writing stories involving kingdoms, magic, mystical beasts, and quests. However, I am also a fan of contemporary fantasy like Harry Potter! Contemporary fantasy is also known as modern family, and it has to do with the mystics and magic of fantasy worlds coming into modern times!

Please note that if we end up writing fantasy, especially high fantasy, I am a heavy worldbuilder! I love coming up with the specifics of how a world works, what the nations are like, how the magic system works, etc.! I can tone myself down for people who aren’t as fond of that sort of thing, but I always want to have at least an idea, so please let me know how in-depth you’re willing to get beforehand!

I also like more modern, dark themes based around criminals, gangs, and other similar storylines. I love writing morally grey stories with morally grey characters. It's the best for character development, in my opinion. Combining the two to make dark fantasy is also a favorite of mine. Bring on the magic! Bring on the angst! It’s all a good time.

I prefer for romance to be a sub-plot rather than the major storyline. As much as I enjoy watching characters cuddle and kiss and be in love, it makes for a boring story in the long-term. If there isn’t any drama or adventure, you inevitably run out of things to do in the story, and it’s just not very compelling to begin with. I don't go into a RolePlay expecting romance, but if our characters have chemistry, then I welcome it. If not, please do not try to force a relationship. My character will reject yours, just as a forewarning.

Please be aware that I’m not saying I don’t welcome flirtatious/romantic characters. If your character wants to be in a relationship with mine despite my character’s disinterest, go ahead and make them confess if that’s what they would do. My main point here was that I do not condone forcing relationships between incomparable characters just for the hell of it.

As much as I love reading and watching sci-fi stories, I've learned I'm terrible at writing them. Although sci-fi and fantasy are similar, they're just different enough for me to be out of my element.
Characters
I play: Male, Female, NB

Gender Pairings: All
As for characters and gender pairings, I have male, female, and nonbinary characters, and I am willing to write any gender pairing. However, I have the most experience in MxF and MxM pairings. On that note, I find it important to mention that when it comes to MxM in particular, I do not put myself into any certain box.

Many MxM RolePlayers use distinctions like ‘top and bottom’ or ‘dom and sub’ when referring to the characters they play or would prefer their partners to. I do not and will not write my characters to such harmful stereotypes, especially when they have their origins based in smut, and this is a smut-free site.
PlotsI would like to preface this with the fact that in December of 2016, I was hit by a particularly nasty case of writer's block. I ended up not being able to write any kind of narrative, including RolePlaying. As a result, I do not have any solid ideas for plots. I do, however, have an expansive fictional universe with lore and settings to explore, some of which I will detail below. If anything interests you, let me know, and we can expand upon it!
Andowyn Academy for Chrorm Males
Greetings, student!

If you have received this letter, it means that you show great potential for magical excellence. Andowyn, unlike most magical schools, accepts students from all over the realm of all the Chrorm denominations: from Conjurers to Warlocks to the elusive Summoners. For those that are Sorcerers, we offer training in all of the elements, not just one. These things make Andowyn one of the most diverse schools in Equasia. We're widely renowned for our students' academic excellence and expertise in the magical field.

Unfortunately, because Andowyn is a live-in academy and co-habitation can get a bit messy, we do not accept biological females as students in order to avoid complications. We understand the unfairness of the situation, but ineligible students should consider our sister school, Hwilda Academy.

Sincerely, Headmaster Andowyn
Sanguis (Planet: Eotania)
The final remnants of a sprawling empire, Sanguis is a large and diverse kingdom led by the Reganine dynasty, a family of vampiric creatures. Located on the planet Eotania, Sanguis is home to demons, angels, hybrids of the two, chrorm, elementals, fae, shapeshifters, weres, and probably much more.
The Bogs of Eraiinor
Eraiinor is a foggy, swamp-ridden kingdom inhabited by mist elementals and swamp beasts. The air is thick and heavy, and the fog gives everything a dull, hazy appearance. No cities exist in Eraiinor, only a few sparse villages. The mysteries of the bog can be entrancing, but beware. If anything were to happen, it’s highly unlikely that a soul would be nearby to hear your screams.
Geserth Demon Academy
Deep in the heart of the Land of Demons lies an imposing gothic castle. Here, young demons of all sins learn to both control and master their individual craft.
The Overworld (Planet: Eotania)
A floating kingdom inhabited by Angels and Demons. These beings are mortals who are born and therefore can die. The kingdom is split into two different sections: one for the Angels and one for the Demons. If the Angels commit a deadly sin, they fall and are exiled from the kingdom down to Sanguis below, as they will eventually become a Demon. The Demons cannot become an Angel. The whole kingdom undertakes a black-and-white, monochromatic color scheme. Angels typically wear white and lighter shades of gray, while Demons wear black and darker gray.
Zozanyth
Long ago, there was a great war. One kingdom was inhabited by a race called banshees, the other by fire nymphs. The fire nymphs eventually met a bitter defeat, and the two kingdoms merged to form one: the kingdom of Zozanyth. As a result of their defeat, the fire nymphs were enslaved by the banshees, and they remain as such to this day.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentFandoms" style="display: none;"]
Until recently, I refused to do fandom RolePlays. My reasons were my own, but if you’re curious you can ask. I've since warmed up to it, but I'm not nearly as familiar with it as original RolePlays.

Please be patient with me, as it is frightening to write in unfamiliar territory.

Generally, I prefer to RolePlay ships. I know this seems to contradict what I stated previously, but my rules for romance in original RolePlays still apply. Even if we know the endgame is eventually going to be romance, I want there to be more substance to the story than that. I also like to RolePlay AUs, as in taking the characters from a fandom and RolePlaying them in a universe with a different storyline. It's fascinating and a good way to explore the characters.

Besides canonxcanon pairings, I am also open to RolePlaying as original characters in that fandom's universe. However, I do not like RolePlaying OcxCanon interactions. Sorry, it's just a personal preference.

Below, you can find my ships for various fandoms. Ships with an * are my favorites. If I don’t have a fandom listed, I’m probably either not familiar with it, or I don’t ship anything from it. Sorry!
ATLA/LoK
Bopal*
Kainora
Kataang
Korrasami*
Linzin
Sukka
Tokka*
Tyzula*
Wuko
Durarara!!
CeltyxShinra*
EricaxWalker
MasaomixMikadoxAnri (Also MasaomixMikado, MasaomixAnri, and MikadoxAnri separately)
Shizaya*
Free!
MakoHaru
ReiGisa
RinTori
RinHaru*
Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki-kun
KashimaxHori*
KashimaxSeo
SakuraxNozaki
SeoxWakamatsu
K
KuroShiro
MikoRei
SaruMi*
Magi
HakuryuuxMorgiana
KassimxAlibaba
SharrkanxYamuraiha
SinbadxJafar*
SphictusxTitus*
My Hero Academia
DabiHawks
EraserMic
Iiyama
IzuOchaIida (Also IidaDeku, IidaOcha, and IzuOcha separately)
Kacchako
KamiJirou
KamiShinSero* (Also KamiSero and KamiShin separately)
KiriBaku*
MiriTama
MomoKendou*
MomoJirou
OchaMina
SerIida*
TetsuKendo
TodoBaku
TodoIiDeku* (Also TodoDeku and IidaDeku separately)
ToruMina
Tsuchako*
Ouran High School Host Club
HikaHaru
KyoTama*
TamaHaru
Rune Factory
CollettexMarian*
DylasxDoug
FreyxDylas
FreyxLeon*
FreyxMeg
FreyxVishnal
MicahxRusk
MicahxCarlos
MicahxPia*
MicahxDaria
Stardew Valley
MaruxAbigail
PennyxElliot
SamxSebastian*
WizardxLinus
Suikoden Tierkreis
AsadxChrodechild*
HotupaxMoana
JalexMarcia
Liu x Len-Lien
SiegxLiu*
SiegxRoberto
She-Ra
BowxGlimmer
Catadora*
CatraxScorpia
Glimmadora
SpinnerellaxNettossa
Voltron
Adashi
Hunay
Hunkade
Klance*
Lotura*
Romellura
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentMiscRules" style="display: none;"]
Writing StyleIn terms of writing style, I use third person descriptive. As a result of my writing hiatus, detailed in the Originals tab, I'm going to say that my typical reply length is anywhere from five to 30 lines. I don't ask my partners to match that, and if you want to write more than that, it is absolutely welcome. The bottom line is that as long as we have a story, I don't care if you just write a sentence or two.

Characters cont.I love playing multiple characters. Friends, family members, acquaintances, coworkers and bosses, merchants, whatever the storyline asks for. It's so much fun to explore a large, diverse cast of characters. Sometimes I'll have multiple main characters I write, or a character meant as a one-off background character becomes the most important one of the story. That's just how things develop sometimes.

I don't double-up in RolePlays, though. I get the sentiment, I think, but it seems like an odd way to write things. The whole 'I write your crush you write mine' thing seems incredibly roundabout when our characters could just get in a relationship themselves if they have chemistry. If not, they don't because I don't prioritize romance anyway. Besides, the idea of RolePlaying as my partner's original character makes me incredibly anxious because I constantly worry I'm writing them wrong. Face ClaimsI don't really mind what sort of photos you use for your characters' appearance. However, if you use someone else's artwork, I would prefer you credited them. As an art student, and considering the field I want to go into, I tend to draw my own faceclaims for my characters. If that isn't alright with you, for whatever reason, that's fine. I'm okay with just using a description. However, those are the only two things I will do.
[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Hey, I know this post is from around a month ago at this point, but if the offer still stands, I'd 100% be down to roleplay TodoDeku (surprise surpirse), or KiriBaku? I'd be happy to sort out some kind of plot with you, if you'd like! Just drop me a message! :)

Hi, I'm interested in roleplaying TodoDeku!
Hi! I'm willing to sort out a plot with you!
Hey, I know this post is from around a month ago at this point, but if the offer still stands, I'd 100% be down to roleplay TodoDeku (surprise surpirse), or KiriBaku? I'd be happy to sort out some kind of plot with you, if you'd like! Just drop me a message! :)
I didn't get the notifications for any of these for some reason, and I'm so sorry! If any of you are still interested, feel free to let me know!

You can find that information in the Fandoms section!

Can you send me the link I'm super new here- ohhhhhhh! You see, I was on mobile and I wasn't able to see everything correctly. My bad!!!

I do know My hero academia! But, are you cool with crossovers or series you haven't heard of??? Since you're warming up to fandom role play.

Can you send me the link I'm super new here- ohhhhhhh! You see, I was on mobile and I wasn't able to see everything correctly. My bad!!!

I do know My hero academia! But, are you cool with crossovers or series you haven't heard of??? Since you're warming up to fandom role play.
Maybe? I do have more fandoms than those, just no specific ships for them. I could maybe try something if you want to talk more in private :o

Hello! I was wondering if you'd like to sort something out. I'm open for most anything, especially an original or free form type of rp.

Hello! I was wondering if you'd like to sort something out. I'm open for most anything, especially an original or free form type of rp.
Absolutely! I'll start up a conversation since you just joined.

Howdy, been looking to cook up an original plot with someone. Feel free to shoot a pm.

Hello! I've been lurking around this site for a bit and just decided to make an account. Your thread caught my eye & I would start a conversation, but am waiting for the site to process my post & avatar update :) If you're interested, I'd like to chat & see if we have mutual interests !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back