• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request Looking for a partner for an ambitious project

Error 420

One Thousand Club
Up front: This is not a commission. Nor am I asking for you to "work for" me. To make a long story short, I'm thinking about working on a project that I think would greatly benefit from having a creative mind helping me with.

Also, this is not a job. I'm not expecting you to pump out a ton of work for this project, nor am I making deadlines or having expectations. I'm not a boss, and nor are you. This is a for-fun project that's 50/50 creative control.

Now that that's out of the way, the project in question is something that is likely overplayed on the internet nowadays but rarely done well: an ARG, or 'augmented reality game'. The core concept of this is as such:

Imagine that you are checking your email when an account with an obviously spammy-fake robot username sends you an email. It's a link to a tumblr page or something similar. Click on it and it's somebody's page, full of posts, and it's all super weird nonsense. A three-thousand word essay outlining the possibility of a Georgia Goat Man, a serious of unexplained blueprints labeled with unexplained acronyms and strange wordings. One post is just a series of numbers. It's all crazy nonsense, but there's patterns behind it that would feel so so good to figure out. You'd have to fall through rabbit hole after rabbit hole to find out, reading weird books, going to old websites, and desperately scrambling to find out.

Obviously, this kind of game wouldn't appeal to everyone, but if you think it would appeal to you or you would just have fun building it, PM me. We can talk about doing this together.

Just to clarify, what exactly were you seeking assistance to do? As in, in what way would a volunteer help you?

Just to clarify, what exactly were you seeking assistance to do? As in, in what way would a volunteer help you?

I'd be hoping that this partner could help me with the writing, as well as planning out specific clues and such. I'm not expecting anyone to volunteer to do exactly what I want them to, and I would love to have a second creative input.

I'd be hoping that this partner could help me with the writing, as well as planning out specific clues and such. I'm not expecting anyone to volunteer to do exactly what I want them to, and I would love to have a second creative input.
Do you have any volunters yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back