• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for a long-term Pokemon Roleplay Partner!

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
Hey there! The name's Melody, and it's a pleasure to meet you! Thank you for showing interest in my Pokemon RP search thread!

This post isn't going to exactly be the prettiest as I'm currently writing this from my phone, but I'm looking for someone who would be interested in partaking in a long-term Pokemon Roleplay with me! There's been a significant lack of Pokemon Roleplays as of late, and I've had a major itch to write some Pokemon! I would prefer to work with someone who would like to develop the plot with me, along with someone who wouldn't mind just chatting and being friends. If we're going to be writing together long-term I'd like to actually get along with you, but I'd also like to be able to just talk about my hobbies and share interests and whatnot. Here are my rules/RP requests.

Rules:

1. Please be eighteen or older! I'm over eighteen myself, so I would feel more comfortable having a partner that is above the age limit.

2. I'm ghost friendly, but would prefer that you don't agree to partake in Roleplaying with me if you think we just aren't going to click. I would hate to get invested in the RP just to have you leave a week later.

3. I don't have any post length requirements aside from the obvious no one liners, but it is worth mentioning that I am a literate writer who likes to write long posts with multiple paragraphs, so I don't want to overwhelm you if you don't think you'll be able to keep up.

4. I'm a full-time college student who writes slower, so please be patient with me. I may not be able to pump out multiple posts everyday, but I assure you that I try my best to produce quality posts, and I will respond at least once a week. The more excited I am for something, the faster I am more likely to reply.

5. I'm comfortable with Roleplaying on either RPNation or in a Google Docs sheet. If you'd like, we can format things like a proper Roleplay, or just Roleplay in dms.

6. Romance isn't required for you to Roleplay with me, but it is always welcome. I typically perform the best with MxF and MxM, though I'm willing to try anything, I'm just not as experienced with FxF. I appreciate slow-burn relationships that develop over the course of the Roleplay, and I'm a big fan of angst!

7. I'm mostly only looking for people who want to double up with their OCs, as I'm not good at playing fandom characters. However, I'm willing to make an exception if you would like to play a character like N or Guzma in an alternate setting, so long as you're comfortable with me playing an OC. I especially adore Guzma, as his character and personality is top tier, and leaves a lot of room for backstory exploration.

8. I have the most experience with playing male characters, and tend to play males 80% of the time, so please keep that in mind.

9. I'm mostly looking for traditional trainer plots that has our characters traveling around the region, battling other trainers/gym leaders while looking for adventure and trying to save the world. I'm not really looking for PMD Roleplays at the moment, nor am I into things like human-Pokemon fusions.

10. I prefer to explore more realistic and mature themes like war and crime, actual cults, Pokemon eating one another and Pokemon dying instead of fainting, gorey scenes, etc. However, it isn't a requirement to Roleplay with me, and I'm okay with taking a more mild approach to things, so long as you're okay with the whole adventuring and action aspect of the Roleplay. Obviously, some things I'd like to upgrade, such as the villian teams actually being competent, but we can leave out certain things if they make you uncomfortable. When messaging me, please state whether you'd prefer a mature/realistic Roleplay, or a traditional lighthearted adventure.

11. I'm Fakemon and fusion friendly! We could do an RP with only Fakemon, or a mix of both! Feel free to let me know which you'd be interested in.

Plots:

(Plots with the most stars have the highest demand from me).

A Roleplay where you play an older overprotective Guzma, and I play a younger adventurous OC whose prone into getting into trouble. Our characters have been friends since childhood, and my OC helped lead Guzma down a better path. Instead of Guzma running off to become the leader of Team Skull, he decided to stick around with my OC, acting as their guardian of sorts while they tried to fulfill their dreams of becoming the best Pokemon trainer around the globe. Guzma's personality is mostly the same, but a bit toned down in some areas, and my OC would have the ability to calm him down. (Most of the time anyway). There could be a potential rift later on in the Roleplay where the two get into a fight and go their separate ways, as I imagine my OC would eventually get sick of being babied after a while. Maybe Guzma is too blinded by his anger at first and leaves my OC to their own devices, forming Team Skull out of spite (Or as a way to cope) and my OC eventually finds out through having to battle/stop Guzma himself. Romance is always welcomed but it isn't required for this pairing, as it could also just be a platonic friendship between the two, an adoptive sibling relationship, or maybe Guzma acting as my OC's parental figure of sorts. It's up to you to decide.

A Roleplay where my OC and N grew up together and they set off to become trainers with a vision to become the very best together, but N quickly develops a different viewpoint after witnessing how cruel the world can be to Pokemon, which drives a wedge between my OC and N. N becomes the leader of Team Plazma and tries to hide it from my OC, but my OC is very persistent and eventually finds out, though N doesn't do anything to my character at first, giving them the chance to walk free for the sake of their old friendship, which my character declines, and is then captured and imprisoned with their Pokemon being taken away from them. My OC keeps trying to get through to N while also trying to escape from their prison and is being treated fairly well, while N's own plans are being set in motion. Maybe N finally caves to my OC's pleas, or maybe they get caught up in their goals so much that it drives them past the deep end. A lot of my plots are always open for discussion, and romance is always welcome but not required.

A more standard Roleplay where we double up with two OCs who want to become the very best together, so they travel around battling together and supporting one another. We could find ways to spice up the plot and make it more interesting in DMs, if this something you'd be specifically interested in.

A mature Pokemon Roleplay that takes place in the medieval ages, where knights and magic exist, and our characters are forced to travel together, called to action by a dying king, who wants them to preserve his legacy before he passes on. The two quickly get wrapped up in a much bigger scheme, and eventually end up on a quest to save the world, slowly putting aside their differences while they learn to not hate one another.

A Roleplay where my OC's father is a famous archeologist who often brings their daughter to work since they're a single parent. Our characters are childhood friends, which means my OC would bring her childhood friend to explore while her father handled his business. One day, our characters ended up exploring a set of ancient ruins and got lost inside, where they found an ancient urn. Upon removing the urn from its pedestal, the ruins began to collapse, and the two friends were separated. It's implied that your OC was killed and reincarnated as a Ghost Pokemon, which my OC is then reunited with 20 years later down the road, when they return to the same ruins, taking after their father as an archeologist. The idea is that my character will be a trainer, and you will be playing an OC whose trapped in the body of a Pokemon, unable to communicate. Your OC will be my character's partner mon, and will basically look after them while they journey together. No romance for this plot please, as it would be weird.

If any of these plots interest you, please feel free to DM me! Be sure to mention the plot you're interested in, and whether or not you want romance, Fakemon, and mature themes.

(I'll edit this thread to look nicer when I'm at my computer).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back