• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for a long-term partner.

Velkyn

what's under the words you know
Hello!

I'm making this post because I've wanted a one on one for a while, but haven't quite found one that seems perfect. I normally lean towards medieval fantasy, but I am very flexible with this. However, one caveat is that I prefer to stick to Original characters, and mostly original worlds. I do not find many Fandoms interesting, to me it feels as if you are just rewriting someone else's story.

Speaking of which, I want to be able to write a story with someone, over a decent period of time. In order to do this, I see a few things necessary:

1. Literacy: I feel that in order to write a decent story together, we need to be able to very clearly understand each others writing, or at least to our best ability. I'm no English professor, and I never claim to have the best writings around, but I simply ask that we both hold each other to a standard that makes what we say clear and easily understandable.
  2. Quality (And some Quantity): I don't consider myself much more than a Multi-Paragraph writer, and don't demand any more from my partner either. I find that describing events adds to a story in a way you can't find anywhere else. All I ask is that we put some effort into responses, it will better what we tell, and make it much more exciting! I'm not asking for four paragraphs every response, its okay to be short here and there, just so long as its warranted.
  3. Consistency: Recently a big frustration of mine has been the consistency of my partners. Yes, I realize that lots of us have busy lives, I myself have to deal with college courses, and lots of homework and extra activities. However, I rarely (If ever) go missing from an RP for long periods of time. I hold myself to at least respond four times a day, at minimum. All I ask is that you hold yourself to the same rule. We all have lives to tend to, and if you can't make it a day, I completely understand. But not hearing from someone for a long period of time can be frustrating.
  4. Storyline: As I stated before, I want to write a story with someone. I don't want to be going on meaningless adventures over and over again, its simply not what i'm here for. I want to develop characters and a world as we explore it together.

Now that that's out of the way, we can get to the fun part! I've yet to develop another world for this, because I want to enter someone else's world, if that makes sense. Recently I've been building worlds and am reluctant to do one entirely on my own again (Hence why I want someone to build it with). So there is no set plot to this, However I would prefer it to be in a Fantasy world. If we do a medieval world, i'd prefer the D&D universe, or anything similar. What we can do it give each other our characters, and build around it. That is one thought I've had recently, but if you have any other ideas I am more than happy to hear about them! If you have made it this far, tell me your favorite color if you contact me!

If anyone is at all interested in my little idea, Please PM me, and I will respond as soon as I can. I will be talking to everyone, so feel free! Thanks for reading!

-Velkyn

Agh, didn't mean to hit reply. I meant to add; So we could talk a bit more about each other, and how this might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back