• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a long term advanced literate partner.

Bijouz Sanon

Greetings! I am here in search of a partner. About me: I’m a veteran roleplayer though I’ve been out of the game for some time. I got my start on Neopets, graduated to Gaia Online, dabbled on LiveJournal, MSN messenger, Facebook, and email. I find myself with a lot of free time so I’m trying to fill it with a new and fun story.

I've been roleplaying for 10+ years and considered myself advanced literate back in the day and so my writing style is extensive and detailed. I've been out of the game for quite some time so I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. My posts are usually a minimum of three paragraphs. I would hope for something similar from my partner but I’m not going to outright demand a set minimum. Just know if you give me three sentences, I’m going to lose interest very quickly. I like to engage many parts of a character when I’m writing, their personality, their thought process, their observations. I love playing as and against fully fleshed out characters with distinctive personalities and style. I have very few limits or taboos and I’m I like dark themes that are psychologically provocative and don’t shy away from them. I write in 3rd person, I play multiple roles, men and women, Black, Asian, anything, gay, straight, and everything in between. I seek the same open-mindedness/diversity in my partners and hope they’re able to do the same.

I’m going to be really particular about what I what in a partner. I know it’s going to alienate some people but this is only to save us both some time. If you consider yourself a pro or advanced, reach out to me. If you don’t think that designation applies to you, don’t offer your hand. I don’t want you to ‘try your best’. I want someone who knows their best is next level. I’m stressing this because its hard to find someone compatible. I’m finding that I’m writing more than some people I’m ‘experimenting’ with and I'm quickly losing interest after seeing a handful of posts from them. So I have to be particular about this. I’d also prefer someone in their mid-20’s and up, living in the Eastern Standard (GMT-4) time zone but these are not strict requirements.

In my partner I hope to find a skilled writer, someone looking to worldbuild with me and bring a story to life. I like detailed responses that engage the senses. Not interested in someone who uses the same three actions and can't adequately follow the story's actions. I'm hoping for a long term partner who I can swap ideas with. I very much don't want to be the only one controlling the narrative as I'll get bored very quickly. I know we all have real life problems to attend to but if you leave me hanging for three days or more without any kind of notice, don’t expect me to want to continue with you when you get back. I might be open to a group setting in the future but for right now, I seek one on one.

I prefer original content over fandom content. My favorite genres in order are:

Science fiction – Along with various punk offshoots: cyberpunk, steampunk, solarpunk, Afropunk/afrofuturism, space operas.
Supernatural – I love a good vampire & werewolf tale as much as the next person but I have a wide range including gods & demigods, the Fae (Seelie/Unseelie Courts), wizards and mages, and more of the like.
Action/Adventure – This could include anything as far as assassins to gang wars.
Dystopia – This could encompass totalitarian governments, various apocalypses, or political intrigue stories.
Time period specific – I love various parts of history. I’m best with Victorian/Georgian/Edwardian England, Roaring 20’s America, ancient Egypt, Golden Age of Piracy, Feudal Japan, Old New York, and anything modern or futuristic.

Okay, I think that’s enough for now. If any of the above intrigues you then reach out and maybe we can build something together. I've included some possible plots down below. Any of those can be worked on together but if none intrigue you, we'll try to come up with something else.

Vampire(Supernatural) RP – The setting is modern in a world where vampires have staged a devastating coup and displaced the heads of every major country on Earth. You play {Gabriel}, a young vampire, reluctant heir to his evil father’s throne. Gabriel must forge his path alone through a cruel world, ripe with betrayal and madness, if he ever hopes to stop his father’s tyranny.
*Pre-established characters, existing history, world already built

Cyber/Solar/Afropunk – [Your Character] is a member of a foreign race who crash lands among the Krysian, an ancient exclusionist warrior people whose cultural traditions run deep and whose strange powers are something [YC] has never seen. [YC] is in search of a specific resource that they’ve been tasked with returning to their own people. How they manage to go about acquiring it is up to fate.
*A work of my own, you have free range to create your own character/society, heavy worldbuilding needed.

Modern/Drama – [Muse A] is a college professor who seems to have it all. Looks, charm, and a steady reputation at the university. No one knows that [Muse A] – along with an accomplice – are kidnapping young women, former students, and forcing them to stay in a secretive cult. Unknown to the professor, their new student [Muse B} is on the hunt for a missing friend, someone who was last seen in the professor’s presence. [Muse B] must make a target of herself, catching the eye of a pair of devious men to uncover the truth.
*Open characters, open world

Dystopia – In a world divided by class inequality, the upper echelon living in the Golden City enjoy a life of leisure and hedonistic pleasure seeking. They gain their fodder from the lower quarters, the Silver State, Copper Square, and Tin Town, where people are allowed to rent out their skills in a contract with a benefactor from the Golden City. What those skills will be remain to be seen…
*Open characters, open world, need your help in building

High Fantasy – In the City of Sky, the denizens used to worship the Three, a trio of deities who came together to create their world. The Nightlord, The Dark, loves chaos and madness; The Dayfather, The Bright, is a servant of order and law; and the Grey Lady, The Twilight, is the one who gives them balance and peace. After the Gods’ War, The Dayfather slew the Grey Lady and imprisoned the Nightlord, enslaving him for a thousand years. Now, the Grey Lady is back, the Three are revived, and all their children, the godlings are unleashed on the world once again.
*Based on the Inheritance Trilogy, a work by N.K. Jemisin, it definitely helps to have read it but its not an absolute necessity.

Modern/Horror – It’s Purge Night, the annual holiday where all crime is legal for twelve hours. [Muse A] is looking to venture out but not for the sake of murder. They are not looking to satisfy a murderous impulse, but a financial need. With the help of [Muse B], a reluctant friend, the two are out on the most dangerous night of the year, trying to pull off a massive heist that will set them up for the rest of their lives. They only have to avoid the roving packs of gangs who love to play sadistic games, in their quest to have it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back