• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a little extra

ChampionOfTheMorningStar

The lunatic Fringe
Hello, I am Nerdygeekflower or, Flower, flow, charlie, the flower, NGflower, NG.... MuMu on certain sites.... Literally call me anything but 'geek' 'nerdy or 'nerd' and me and you will be alright.

Currently I have about 2 Rp's and 1 in the final stages of plotting. I think I could handle up to 5ish really good Rps. So I'm looking for like maybe 1 or two more ideal partners.

IDEAL?

Yes. This is the no bullshit zone.

Because in the end we either mesh really well and we both get pumped and into it

or we don't.

sure, I mean we can keep it up for awhile, fake it, stretch it pretend.

But when it's not working.

It's NOT WORKING

I am not going to force myself through Rps where I don't like it. The characters, the writing the post length the person bleh. Not anymore bullshit for this here gal. nope nope nope.

Alright so what I am looking for is:

A pretty literate person. I often give many paragraphs per post per character, I enjoy myself a whole lot more when my partners do the same.

A nice person. I like it when my Partner and I can talk OOC, be it about plot, RP in general, how much fun we will have inflicting pain on our characters or even life.

A flexible person. I like to come up with plots with my partner, find some genres even cliches we both enjoy and build upon, creativity is key.

Dedication. I like to complete plot arcs with my partners. Even, no ESPECIALLY the slow plot arcs.

Someone who will create something with me. RP is a give and take, often I like to see it as collaborative writing in which we both can manipulate the plot. Don't take complete control of the action, Don't expect me to initiate everything either.

Someone who is generally around. I post like about once a day in a RP, depending on whats going on maybe like 2? But my favorite partners and I typically keep a pretty active OOC chat. Even when I don't have the time to type out a full post I typically have time to OOC, just having contact with your partner keeps you interested in the RP and keeps those brain cells thinking for when you DO have time to type a post, you know what you want it to say, and you want to make it good if you like the person it is for.

Literacy. I know. I already said this about length. Well. I want 2 types of literacy. You can write a long post of complete and utter crap and it is still a long post that was as boring as a one - liner. I want you to be able to write. I love it when my partners are better writers then me. I love it when I feel like I have to apologize when my posts when they shrivel in the glory of the perfect length, content and metaphors of my partner. I don't want you to feel like you have to write less because I am, go crazy.

Characters. I love it when people have characters that they really love, are enthusiastic about and care for. I like to be emotionally invested in the fictional people we control. I also don't mind the plot centering around 2 really strong interesting characters. But we do need small side NPCish people to support them. But I can't stress how important great characters are. I typically do a little bit of research when I do my characters to make them as life like as I can. Sheets are a necessity and they should take you a really long ass time. If you are able to talk about your character as if they are a real person who is in control you are doing this right! I think RP is the best when the characters are living through us, not the other way around. Where each post is just there because that's what the character did. On another note, I like it when characters have thoughts, like beyond talking and acting, give them a bit of a mind. Your mind thinks 24/7 so should theirs.

Acceptance. It's all I can ask, is that you don't shoot me down. This is a partnership. We can only try, if you don't like something 'no' is not the way to express it. 'I'm not sure because A B C' or 'I was thinking this...' that way we can take ideas we both have and work them in to each other and make something great. Also when you see my character sheet you may make comments on it but don't be fucking rude. 'I don't see how....' 'why would you...'

Don't be self centered. The plot won't be there to serve your character or mine. Neither will my character be there to serve yours. Having characters not be perfect for each other, or having some trait impede the plot makes it much more interesting.

RP limitations on content / rules for subject

I do not RP incest

I do not RP any victim / perpetrator type of RP

I do not RP sex. One of the reasons I always come home to RPN no matter where I go is that I do not RP sex at all. If sex makes sense in the plot we can imply it or fade to black, by imply it I mean we can end a post / scene with "And that night, although she didn't sleep in her own bed, she felt more at home than ever" If you think that it is necessary to the plot that we create a sex scene, then you are not RPing the type of plots that I want.

Aliens are a no. I love aliens in Tv, and movies and books. I can't RP with them to save my life. Sci-fi in general is sorta a no.

Really graphic self harm. I do not mind having self harm in a RP if that's a part of the plot, or of the character. Just please. Glaze over it a bit, it is the only time I will ask you to write less I promise. PLEASE.

instant Romance / love at first sight / quick and easy wham - bam thank you mam plots. I love plots that build slowly, we can do quick little mini - arcs within the big arcs but fast quick and stupid plots are not what I do.

I'm not big on combat based RP.

Things I like in Rp

I love realistic RP, plots that are driven by human emotion, drama. With really interesting characters. Almost all Plots I like are character driven. I find it really interesting to explore the far edges of our world, and the darkest beings in it. Humanity.

Trauma. Having a traumatic event happen to people and have them have to deal with it is great.

Dark AUs, especially of fairy tales. But just creating a really horrible and dark world is great.

Romance in tragedy. Most of my Rps have some romance element in them between the two main characters, typically its a slow build that explodes in some sort of huge burst of passion, before we squash are characters and they face a new heart breaking challenge.

Fantasy is Ok, I like to play as a human if you would like to make a vampire / were wolf / fae / thing that's okay, I also love when worlds have magic in them but the magic isn't the point. Casual magic is great.

For romance I typically do M / M or M / F because I like to play male characters. Most of the characters I have flushed out an developed are male. I am not opposed to F / F just less experienced or less likely.

History Rp. I love realistic Rps set in the past. We don't live in the past so it's fun to pretend sometimes. A historically accurate Victorian or mideval Rp can be great fun.

I tend to prefer plots focused around the 16-25 age range.

That's it really, I have minor inklings of ideas, if any of these thoughts strike you or you have an idea with them, even a dumb one like 'I have an idea for a girl named Carol who would fit in a lot of the settings you like!' cool. Let me give you one of my characters and lets build a plot around them. Find what we both love and hate.

To get in contact please PM me a bit about you, your RP style, preferences, limits, ideas, what you liked in my thread etc. Please for the love of all things holly title it something that is not 'hello!' or 'hi!' or any version.

Tittle it something then put ' ~ Reply to Recruitment / OOC ' on to the end.

Litterally

Baubles! ~ Reply to Recruitment / OOC

Baby deer are tasty ~ Reply to Recruitment / OOC

anything.

~NGflower

So the more I read this post the more I want to write with you. However I haven't reached my ten post minimum yet so I can't PM. But I have a definite interest in trying to work up some ideas wih you.

i am interested to, i have the same problem with people not writting enough. I love to right, and i love to create storylines and intricate characters. And i would love to find a partner that feels the same way. So if you're still looking i am up for it!

PM me if you want to talk more!

Gonna nudge this up.

Also add a word or two about me (more??)

I write about 500 ~ 1000 words normally closer to the top, I will RP in PM or thread, either is fine

Also Currently I would like a RP with a similar though darker, and possibly updated version of the movie 'Annie' I have seen the 1999 TV movie thought the plot remains similar for the other versions.

Orphan get's invited to stay with rich man

Rich man likes orphan

'Parents' appear

Angst Angst

Wedding

Adoption

I would love to explore ideas around the Mr. Warbux character already having a child or 'Annie' being a boy.

Also with the possibility to explore trauma on the side of 'Annie'

If you have read this last post, and want to talk on this plot put the title of your favorite Annie song before '~ Reply to Recruitment / OOC' on you PM. Thanks!

Bump

\o/

I'm going to post that I'm interested here, and then PM you, because this will be my tenth post! I like your straightforward approach; I'm a big fan of checking in/communicating about the process as we write. Makes for a more satisfying story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back