• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a good partner to write with.

Charming Mouser

I've been RPing for a long time, but I haven't been able to find anyone that was up to my personal standards in a long time. I would very much like to write with someone who is capable of writing professional novel level material, as that is what I am personally capable of. I'm not asking for a King, or a Koontz. I'm not asking for a Rowling. I'm just asking for some off brand guy or gal who can write.

What I'm not looking for:

- Devolving from multi paragraph posts to a single line.

- Bad grammar (though I don't mind an error or five, unless they're serious)

- Bad spelling. (on bigger words, I understand)

- To stifle someone, or to be stifled.

- Teh xes

What I am looking for:

- Clear, concise, and thought provoking work.

- Love for good characters and plots.

- Someone who I can work with, and off of.

- Well written material.

- Consistency in writing, and in timing of posts. (I would like to post back and forth every 1-3 days)

Anyway, I hope that this will catch someone's attention, and that someone will be able to live up to these standards.

Sincerely,

The Charming Mouser

I must display my interest, and hope I can live your expectations, should you deign to contact me further. I am generally active every day, though there might be an absence or two due to network/home problems. I usually manage an average of 2 paragraphs per response, one paragraph if I am particularly uninspired. Anyways, I hope to collaborate on something great in the future.

With great expectations and greater respect,

Naruyashan.

Thank you, Naruyashan. Please send me a PM. Only time will tell if it'll work out. Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

The Charming Mouser

I feel like I've had the same issue not being able to find people who can keep up with a good RP and I've poked around in all the levels here and have yet to find anyone who could produce a good post. I must say I'm interested to see if maybe I could have a good RP with you as well, I've been RPing for almost five years so I at least have experience behind me as well.

I've got several plots that could work well. I can make up countless plots, given a bit of time and thought. I've got one RP that I'm working on getting set up right now. "The Paintings in the Caves". It's based on an idea that I had for a novel. Now I'm willing to turn it into an RP.

It doesn't seem as though you'll be wanting for RP companions, but should you ever need one, let me know. I'm not so much on sci-fi (baring Star Wars), but I love to read and write fantasy. I'd love to write with a competent partner.

It doesn't seem that I'm wanting, that's true. I'm always wanting, though. I've not seen a single post from any of these people yet. We shall wait and see. At the moment, my request is just as fresh as before I posted it.

I'm looking for a good RP. I've made my own, and now I wait for people to join. At the same time, I want to weed out those who I do not want in it, so, you can feel more than free to join.

I hope that everyone will read the rules, first thing, of course. =) Without reading the Overview, it would be pointless to join.

I'm definitely interested, though depending on a few factors. A few questions:

Are you looking for one on one or a group?

Since you are a writer, are you happy to do collaborative writing (like dual author novella writing) or does it have to be "role-playing"?

What kind of plots/genres will you have in mind? I'm a little picky I must admit ;)

As for all your requirements, I'm fairly sure I meet them. I tend to write plainly and simply without overusing vocabulary, but I hate grammatical and spelling errors. I generally only use words that are bigger than necessary when they convey a point more clearly or give a greater emotional impact.

Here's a writing excerpt from one of the last posts I posted on an RP on this website (before it died suddenly and for no reason ;'/ ). It was a standard anime slice-of-life genre.

As long as Seiji could remember, he'd used cooking as an outlet for anxiety. The day he felt the pain of losing his first baby tooth, his mother taught him to cook a simple Miso Soup to distract him. He made his mother a Pork Katsudon when she was sick with Pneumonia in hospital. A large batch of Okinawan donuts, Sata Andagi, and all their sugary goodness got Seiji and his mother through the rough few days after his father decided to leave. At first Seiji had been amused watching the dramatic events of the club's first day of activity, but soon enough it just made him anxious. He slipped out from under the oak tree and made a detour back inside the school building, making sure no one saw him.

Now where are the Home Economics rooms from here?

Seiji pulled out the school map he'd been given, as he was a freshman and didn't know his way around the buildings yet. He knew he'd get in a huge amount of trouble if he was spotted using the kitchens of Home Economics unsupervised, but he didn't care.

Ten minutes later, Seiji came running back out to the grassed area around the Oak tree. He was surprised to see Yuri looking totally dejected, her smile from earlier had vanished and she stood staring at the ground.

"Yuri what's wrong?" Seiji asked, running over to her. "Wait, never mind that, I have a big surprise for you and the club!"

He may have only known Yuri for about half an hour now, but Seiji was already fairly certain that invoking her sense of pride and responsibility for the club would cheer her up quickly.

"President Adachi-sama!" Seiji addressed her formally. "Please gather your loyal subjects immediately and have them meet in the Home Economics room for a special treat!"

Seiji hurried back to Home Economics with a spring in his step, almost skipping. The only thing that made him happier than cooking was bringing joy to others by sharing his food with them. Before he entered the school, he turned and gave one last beckoning signal, making sure Yuri was gathering everyone to follow him.

Hope to RP with you soon! =D

-Achaella

Count me in as long as the story includes adventure, Mystery and Comedy. Would you like to see a sample post from me or shall we decide on an exact plot in pm already?

I missed one post! Have you made the thread before? Where is it? I can look there instead of bothering you here.

If you have made the thread send us the link, I'm sure at least most of us would be interested in joining, and if you wanted an RP sample I'm sure I could find one that gets my array of length in posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back