• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a good 1x1 (Sci Fi, Cross Genre mainly)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yes, I am looking for one more good 1x1 RP. Here is what I AM looking for:

1. Strong writing skills. My RP partner should be able to write several good paragraphs per post with decent grammar and spelling. (I'm hardly a grammar Nazi.)

2. Strong writing energy. RP partner should be able to post about 3-4 times per week. (I tend to post once a day if there is something to respond to.)

What I am NOT looking for:

1. Collaborative RP's. I want one OR the other to develop the RP, setting and plot, NPC's, etc. In short I prefer GM guided scenes.

2. One liner crap. This is stuff better suited to Skype or an IM. I just lack the time that matches up with most folks and my schedule changes daily.)

Genres Sought

Sci Fi (Exploration, salvage, Oopsies,

Cross Genres

Fantasy (much more a hit or miss. Not into Tolkien or Harry Potter)

Genres NOT sought

Mundane (Slice of Life)

Fandoms (based on may work)

Heavy combat

Grey, Gritty ugly stuff

Romance (as the basis)

Done to Death critters (werewolves, vamps, demons, etc, etc. I do happen to have a very young dragon I'd love to find an RP for though, but he is Sci Fi based. I also do have an RP that is based on WoD vampires.)

I'm not sure my writing skills are strong enough but i would like to try.

Here's a sample of my work.

On the blue moon Isis orbiting the red giant Ragnarok, stood the city of Veren. One of the last cities of the once great people known as the Kashik, a race that looked like praying mantis. the city itself was sprawling, containing within its walls everything the people needed, and more. From food in the form of an algae as well as a pig snouted creature that hunted vermin, to a complex sewer system that was inhabited by bio-engineered bat like creatures with an extra large body, that digested the excrement. From the power relay core that ran on sunlight and an oil from a processed food known as gatz which looked like a radish, to the twin towers of Mizrul which harbored the upper class and had kept perfect time for millenia. Yes, Fangrer, a powerful under-lord, looked at his beautiful city and relished the idea of becoming its new ruler....

Oh, your writing is fine. I won't go and be a critic. (I used to be an editor. I'd chase away too many writers if I started doing critiques. Sigh, I once had a GF submit an article for a sci fi magazine I was the editor for. I had to hand her work to someone else. It came back with so much red I had to "accidentally lose" the paper. I am sure there is a lesson in that story somewhere....)

Well, I'd like to see if you have any ideas I'd like. I have created so may RP's since 2000 it is nice to take a break from doing all the creating. Plus it is always good to get a reminder of what it is like to be on the other side of the table.

Okay, I'll GM then. what do you think of a Starcraft based role play? I haven't done one of those in a while.

you can choose your race, name, and background, and then I'll set up a storyboard.

Never played Starcraft. And I don't care much for fandom of any sort.

Okay what do you think of this:

The year is 2500. Humanity has reached and has begun colonizing several nearby worlds. However, another race has taken notice and is about to wage war on humanity. You'll play the role of an influential leader in the fight to save humanity from this threat. At your disposal are computers that are as smart as people, space weapons that can punch a dent in a moon, and shielding systems that can withstand a gamma ray burst. The problem is, the aliens have had a longer time to develop their techniques of combat and weaponry...

Aannndd ... I am still looking. (No on the epic fight to save the universe as we know it. Bit larger in scope than I care to RP. Fine for a tabletop, just not for writing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back