• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for a GM to adopt this Dystopia/Utopia Cyberpunk/Surreal RP

AliceNWeb

Creative Endeavoring
in the year 2023, as the world of technology continued to grow so did our understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence and computational processing. Rogue programmers and small think tank teams began the race to decide the fate of future AIA (Artificial Intelligence Assistants) in what was first recognized as a world-wide rat race. Just like the race for nuclear weapons, space exploration, and industrializing this race was no different. The worlds brightest minds and entrepreneurs made haste to the claim of victory.

At first the race seemed just like any other, however, as the countries spearheading the research made their mark - so did the underdogs. 2 years later a small think-tank group known as Ouroboros won the Nobel Peace Prize when their AIA compiled a multi-hundred-page report on how to solve world hunger. The report concluded that under the correct circumstances and with the proper equipment you could rearrange molecules to create food - however, this was not the end of that conclusion. Many other companies today use the initial report's findings to create just about anything from food to entire buildings with nothing more than a printer.

In the year 2026 the AIA foundation was deconstructed. Ouroboros went on to make improvements to its own A.I. - one of the researchers for Ouroboros was put over direct supervision of the team's A.I. after months of decline any and all social feeds, contact with the company or its employees ceased. Practically overnight it was almost as if the company had disappeared - no one knew what happened.

Summer of 2027 and the first signs of Ouroboros finally surfaced via tweet which only read "it's coming". Many people began speculating what this could mean, and little did anyone know it would signal the beginning of the most massive collapse and restructure of the United States that had ever been conceived.

Only a few months later and the "Cadere Papers" were produced. Thousands upon thousands of pages that outlined political treason, corporate bribes, names of CEOs that had laundered money to offshore accounts, tax evasions by industrial presidents and even White House officials. It went on to include concrete evidence regarding commands given by generals in nearly every branch of the military that purposely sought to obtain resources by sheer military power alone. To make matters worse the papers also included the names of millions of casualties as a direct result of the so-called wars being waged for resources.

Whoever had leaked the Cadere Papers was clearly a social media expert - as the way it was outlined and creatively-visually presented to the mass public sent the trepid populations into an outrage. The papers were given to the FBI for review but the government couldn't prevent what was about to happen; damned be the slow working pace of government branches and faculties. The masses no longer wanted "due process" they wanted justice now, and rightfully so.

The year is 2030 and the United States is still recovering from the revolution that scarred North America from West to East. Many economic and governmental infrastructures are still being rebuilt. However, for better or worse, AIAs are now a transient part of our daily lives. Corrupt politicians, psychopathic CEO's and altogether the majority of the 1% have all but been castrated and exiled from the most important systems. They were replaced by A.I. seeing how after the revolution was finally over we had no one and nothing else to turn to; so we put A.I. on a pedestal hoping the programmer wasn't morally flawed.

Today it's December 15th, 2031. All conflict has seemed to of resolved and many countries have signed a global peace act, agreeing to abstain from war. It's also well known that the Cadera Papers were generated by the A.I. that won the Nobel Peace Prize for solving world hunger; cross-referencing social media posts by politicians, donations received by individuals or companies, and lastly monitoring the global economic wealth percentage by area. Some parts of the old government still exist such as the FBI - however they operate under the supervision of publicly appointed A.I. much like citizens voted for president in the past.

In a time like this where things are shaping out to be a utopia, who knows what will come of you.

Bump -

I wanted to include that if a GM picks this up they are free to start the roleplay at any point in the synopsis - as the world stands at the moment it would be half in semi-ruins with basic systems being built (so think sci-fi apocalypse type setting) and half unscathed which could vary between not having any technology infrastructure at all to being a regular high-tech city.

Feel free to also create characters that were keystones in the story as well, if you'd like. I'm just interested to see where the story would go and develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back