• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for a GM for a Grail War rp

I've done a few Fate roleplays before. What is the general idea behind this?

I've done a few Fate roleplays before. What is the general idea behind this?
I have two ideas. The first is that the winner of the fifth holy grail war wishes for humanity to be ruled by a tyrannical force, which forms a department that imprisons magi and tries to experiment with them. The holy grail war would be secretly set up by the wardens of one of the prisons that keeps the magi within, who would be someone who previously participated in the fifth holy grail war. There would be ranks that would be assigned by the GM according to the security needed to keep each magi locked up and prevent them from pulling anything.

The second idea is a holy grail war taking place in the third world war, within a city that has been torn apart by bombs and experimental weapons, necessitating the magi that participated within it be careful to not get blown to shreds or ravaged by bio-weapons. This idea would allow much flashier displays of magecraft and noble phantasms, as much of the city has been abandoned because of the damage caused to certain areas

Last edited:
Considering the futuristic setting, we could allow the use of things like power armor and mechs
Yeah, I'm planning on having the city have some industrial sectors that could potentially be used, although most of it will be bombed to oblivion, so it would be risky to go there.

Now is a good time I think to start up an interest check

You also have to be a GM. This idea is too great of a deal to leave it to just 1 person to work on. I don't wanna screw it up cause I wanna do good by you. Hence the reason we should do this together. We can talk more in PMs if you wanna do this
Alright, I'll write up a GM character sheet once I get home. Probably the overseer

Name: Murkoff Philemon

Titles: The Owner of Fortuna City, The Second Owner

Appearance:

Mafia.jpeg

Species: Homunculus

Age: "Hmm? I look older than I really am? I suppose that's a consequence of my father's magecraft." 24

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Bio:

Golden eyes looked ahead of the room, glancing at the strange shapes that emerged from within the deluge of information that lie before him. He felt the blood within him pump to the rest of his body from his golden heart, blood made from the seven metals that made up his organs, coalescing and coagulating into the lifeblood that pumped into his body. It was a miracle really, that he was standing here, taking in the surroundings that were his environment, as he had been the miracle of a magus that rejoiced at his awakening, his golden eyes staring at the man that called himself his "Father"

Father? Someone that would take care of him? The thought comforted him, but before he could even fathom what was happening, the man that created him jumped next to his side, his eyes turning a crimson red as he channeled the dark powers from within his body. A needle was shoved into one of his golden veins, piercing the brittle metal of the Sun as "Father" smiled at him warmly, his crimson eyes having a warm tone to them as he put him to sleep.

The next moment he remembers is the sight of seven pillars, illuminated by the light of the stars above, shining down on them like the Sun that his heart and circulatory system paid homage to. Father taught him many things in front of the seven pillars, that he had been sought after by evildoers who wished to harness his brilliance for their own means, saying that these people simply wanted his brain for the knowledge held within. He was called a "Sealing Designate" someone that would be eternally hunted down by the agents of the bad people until the day they finally captured him, hungrily lusting for his knowledge that was so valuable to the evildoers as to make them drool at the simple thought of attaining it.

He told him that the pillars in front of him were dedicated to the planets that shone above them, the memory of the planets shining so brightly piercing the silence of his thoughts whenever he thought of them.

“Is this all the paperwork, sir?”, the secretary that occupied the ephemeral dream said, her golden hair shining in the light of the building that they were in.

“Of course, it seems like now is the eve of a new beginning. The birth of Fortuna is near.”, he said, his expression happy at the impending birth of the city that he owned for himself.

“I assume the residents will be moving in any time now? Please tell me they’ve begun moving in.”, the excitement in his voice was completely audible from where he sat, his eyes shining with the glory of a thousand stars.

His secretary looked at him, simply smiling at the excitement of his boss and taking the paperwork from him, holding it in her hands like it was something that she cherished far beyond what she should.

“Of course, they’re moving in.”, the secretary simply winked at her boss, eliciting a blush from the man that seemed so confident much earlier.

Another memory, another piece of my life, another dream that would leave me falling through the eras of my life. It was tiring really, dreaming of these things for such a long period of time, eight hours of sleep occupied by the dreams that emerged from his subconscious. It must have been his fatigue, that must be it, the humanitarian efforts throughout the city have reduced his subconscious to something that merely replays the memories that he has already experienced. Speaking of such memories, he’s beginning to see another one… this one is not as pleasant as the last ones.

He saw the buildings burn down through the camera, the rain of nuclear fire bombarding every centimeter of the city with their black rain, their explosion raging throughout the waters that the city lay on top of. The view from his office was truly apocalyptic, he saw people jumping down into the abyss of chemical and biological weapons that littered the streets below, desperate not to be burnt by the nuclear fire that awaited them in their homes.

He saw abominations wander the streets, their twisted forms destroying anything in their wake.

“Where was Father in all this”, he said out loud in a frustrated voice.

“Nowhere”, another voice replied, identical to his one, this one coming from behind him.

The scene shifted, twisted form into something else, a loud rumbling could be heard all throughout, the buildings around him crumbling into nothing but dust as the nuclear warhead hit its target, exploding into a blinding light that flooded his office with radiation.

And when he opened his eyes, he could see ruins, not of the city that he had built up for so long, but of the ruins that his Father had built with his family, a place that was utterly forgotten by all, even those that hunted for it.

“Father was here.”, the voice behind him said.

“I know.”

The ruins then twisted into a scene of something, a ritual being cast to the stone that surrounded the area, the materials turning into strange shapes as if they were in a crucible of steel, the transmutation of the minerals turning them into the seven metals of antiquity, their forms being twisted into the sight of seven pillars that towered above all, holding up the great ruins that were his family’s greatest achievement.

The ephemeral dream twisted one last time, this time to a scene that was still so familiar to him, the sight of the ruined buildings above him leaving him at a loss of words. The damage that had been inflicted on the city was truly monstrous, and the only thing he could do was look on in horror.

“The Greater Grail.”, he said, remembering the secret beneath the city of floating steel that lay crumbling beneath him.

“It can still be used”, the voice from behind him said.

“Yes… If the Greater Grail is used…”, the man said, laughing while he spoke.

“It was the purpose of such a thing that I made, an imitation of the one in Fuyuki.”, the voice from behind him said, remembering the memories of the careful creation of the Greater Grail, the Lesser Grail being created with it.

“So…”

“Let this Holy Grail War commence", the voices spoke out, their tones coalescing into one.

Magic Crest: None

Magic Circuit Quantity: E

Magic Circuit Quality: EX

Magecraft:

The magecraft of the Philemons can be summarized with one word: seven. Seven pillars that hold up the ruins, seven gods that represent the planets, seven planets that represent the gods. As the principle of their Alchemy, it is the microcosm of the human body that is inserted with the seven organs crafted from the seven metals of antiquity, the systems of the body made up of these organs that allow their host to function, and so, it is no surprise that the people that created Murkoff inserted the seven organs made from the seven metals of antiquity into his body, as he was the project of the family that they were working on for so long.

The macrocosm of their Alchemy was the planets above that shined brightly, seven pillars that represented the gods of antiquity, seven titans created in the image of the gods. It would be offensive to them for sure, their forms being twisted into that of their greatest enemies, but the gods of Olympus are nothing but ephemeral specks now, their great mystery so weak that they are trapped within the Reverse Side of the World, their influence being something that can barely be felt across the world now that they have been taken care of. It is no surprise then that these macrocosms are things of immense power, holding the secrets of the Philemons within them as if they were their magic crest, holding unprecedented power within them that would shock even the greatest mages of the modern era.

And so, they were kept hidden away from the world, kept within the catacombs of the Philemons for use for their eyes only, as the envy of other magi would destroy them. The power of the macrocosms is something truly to behold, the lightning of Jupiter serving as the connecting force that binds them all together, shocking all that come close to the halls of the ruins of the family, destroying their very spirits with bolts of lightning. The power of the other six can be inferred from their associations with the gods of antiquity, their powers being clear once someone realizes what the light of the planets that they represent truly means.

Those that know their myth know the powers of Murkoff Philemon, someone that could be considered a top-tier magus in terms of his abilities, his prowess comparable to the best that the rest of the world can offer

Mystic Codes: None

Non-Mystic Code Items: None

Users who are viewing this thread

Back