• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for a fun, long-term partner! - lit, MxM/F, Romance

Hello! My name is Christina, and I would like to try my hand at roleplaying 1-2 more roleplay partner. I'm 23, an assistant manager, and dead inside for it 8 hours out of the day, so I would like a truly relaxing hobby after work. I like brainstorming a lot, talking about plot OOC, and would prefer someone who can keep up with me.
I like chatting on discord just for post reminders.

If you need any of the basics about me before moving forward:
  • MxF or MxM
  • Literate "capable". I don't need a word count, but I'm not interested if 4 paragraphs feels impossible to you. Tbh, I'm busy, so I don't wanna go ham every post. But I want to know that in those juicy moments I can get juicy details from you.
  • I will create a cast of side characters and villains. I would hope you're capable of controlling several side characters.
  • Romance, Fantasy, & Horror are my favorite genres.

• I don't need/use faceclaims. I would love the visual if you use them, but I do not need them. If you don't know what I'm talking about, even better.
  • TW; Violence & death are a common theme for me. I'll applaud you if you can keep my attention without it, though. Above all, I enjoy writing about our character's emotional pain, too, and that can be taxing for some people so let me know. Fluff and happiness bore me sometimes.
  • Third-Person with good grammar. If you are not fluent in English or you make the occasional spelling mistake, that is perfectly fine and I hope I can receive the same courtesy. If it is frequently obscuring the story, that is a problem.
  • I like to use discord for communication purposes since it is the fastest and easiest way to contact me. Post reminders are important to me, too.
As far as the type of roleplay I like:
  • I like playing characters with ambiguous morals that develop as characters over the course of the plot. I want romance and heavy drama/angst, usually with characters bonding over the events that transpire. I don't usually play gruff/macho men often, but I don't play brassy ladies either. You can read a little about my characters to get an idea. I don't care what type of person you play as long as they can help me move the plot along. If you're constantly reacting without creating any momentum in the rp, it won't work out. Even so, a character with a passive personality is very different from a passive character or passive writer.
  • For plots, I like modern fantasy or medieval fantasy, but rarely just straight-up humans doing human things, especially in historic settings. I like creating a threat that our character will need to escape or beat. Antagonists & villains are not only fun to write, but easy plot devices that I love to indulge in. I love redemption arcs, I love it when our main heroes lose, I love it all.
  • I like dark themes. Everyone says this, but I'll try to get specific. I want our characters out there dealing with murder and dealing with life or death situations. I still like some lighter things, Teenage drama is always fun, too. As long as it is a heavy weight or burden on the character. I recently reread the first half of twilight and the balance of teenage drama and deadly vampire drama was still fun, if not a bit bland. Writing about my character's mental state is my favorite, and I would love to read about your character's thoughts and feelings moreso than them walking across the room.
  • I am not interested in a 'top/bot' ruleset for characters. They are just in love, both will have moments of vulnerability and moments of strength. I really dislike the super passive, bubbly damsel as well as the overly masculine or badass character, in any gender. I have had people pretty much cringe in an MxF if my male character shows any kind of emotion besides lust, and I ain't here for that. I also don't want to rp with a little, innocent boy who can't attempt to throw a punch.

Characters!
If you like them more than my plots- I would be very excited for just a classic, soft romance.

• alex
    f56fa5284fed1fc9c4ac0516c8673aab.jpg
    Male | 22~ | Bi (50/50) | Often played as a Half-Demon | Snarky, Protective, Violent | Created in 2012
    Alex is probably my most comedic character, rarely holding a serious moment. He answers everything with jokes or violence. Usually, his character development & romance involve Alex realizing his humanity again. I tend to play him as this murderous, deflective monster with moments of softness. I enjoy playing him as this badass with a soft side. It usually comes out in the form of relearning his empathy. This is still very difficult to do, and sometimes he lashes out with moments of violence. He usually believes himself soulless when he commits these barbaric acts. In the end, Alex always enjoys expressing his power and hurting those that oppose him, so he is not meant for a relationship with the faint of heart.

Alex is almost always a half-demon, but his history is very flexible. Usually, he is born human and upon being murdered, is invited in by his demonic family to commit horrible acts. Alex's new life is violent, horrific, and dehumanizing. He fundamentally changes as a person, embracing a demonic lifestyle with time. His humanity never truly leaves him, but he pretends that it does under the pressures of his new family. His half-human origins are kept a secret as long as possible, but it seems to be common knowledge to other, older demons. (Yes, I loved Inuyasha as a kid, why do you ask?)

He was originally played as a demon that ate humans. It was simple, underdeveloped, and removed from later versions. I would like to reintroduce some form of cannibalism in a plot. Give it a Sweeney Todd vibe, just with less brooding.

Plots!
If you none of these entirely catch your interest, I love brainstorming. think of them as a conversation starter. I'll add more tomorrow.

• soft romance I am specifically craving a soft romance with Cameron, Alex, and Adam. They are my absolute favorites and I haven't seen them in a new setting in a long time. I always like something supernatural where they've got an antagonist to go after.

plots New plots: Therapy, Pairings

If you're interested, please PM me. My discord (@sweetspooks#1332) is the fastest way to reach me, but I want to keep the roleplay on RPN.

Attachments

• adam but new.png
    adam but new.png
    2 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back