• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a Fantasy/Scifi RP buddy!~

BlueMars

Tired
Hello! I am so new to this nice RP site, but I have been Roleplaying for quite a while before that, of course. I am really open-minded to most ideas, but I honestly love, love, Fantasy and/or Scifi, I even don't mind mixing them together or something. I also do not mind romance (As long as it doesn't go overboard or break the rules of this site.) I prefer action and adventure and things like that, not just romance on its own. I like talking the main plot over with my partner before we start anything (Yes I ask a lot of questions I like knowing exactly what we're doing and where we are, sorry! D: ) Maybe not every tiny detail, just so that I know where my character stands and things like that. I prefer playing male characters, and I also prefer detailed or literate Roleplay the most. I mean, if we're in that quiet, non-dynamic part of the plot, then that's fine, but other than that I really like seeing details and elaboration!

I don't have any plot ideas as of now, but I do have a nice elf character in mind with some back story. Bring ideas and let's brainstorm!~

If the RP does get boring later, or you want to make any adjustments, please let me know! I also don't mind Out of Character chit-chat as we RP at all! It helps generate ideas in my opinion :3

Thanks, and have a nice day!~

Heya! I'm new to the place as well, but in my light browsing of this forum, your post here caught my attention. I am lately obsessed with medieval-fantasy style roleplay, and in search of some new rp buddies. I have one regular rp friend, but they haven't responded to our current plot in over a month now, so I'm getting desperate!

I've been developing my own lore for a series of webcomics/graphic novels I'll be putting together some time in the future, and was hoping to find someone interested in maybe contributing some concepts and helping me flesh out history and cultures and how magic works and all that fun stuff, through roleplay plots and such. If that sounds at all interesting to you, let me know. Otherwise we can just throw something together, I'm really up for whatever, and like I said earlier I am itching for some roleplay! I have a small handful of characters ready, and am not opposed to whipping up someone new for whatever role is needed.

One caveat I do need to point out, I am uninterested in playing romance between my characters and someone else's. I know that could be a deal-breaker for some people, so just putting that out there now.

Thinslayer said:
Sounds intriguing. What kind of character are you looking to play?
Hi! I may have to give that some thought and adjustment, but one of my most frequently used OC's is some sort of soldier (Or I could always make him a scholarly type, depending on the plot!) who once was the cheerful type of guy but is now all serious and bitter. The other type I use is the more nice and super kind person, but we could always brainstorm and adjust to our needs if you're interested! :)

silversuzi said:
Heya! I'm new to the place as well, but in my light browsing of this forum, your post here caught my attention. I am lately obsessed with medieval-fantasy style roleplay, and in search of some new rp buddies. I have one regular rp friend, but they haven't responded to our current plot in over a month now, so I'm getting desperate!
I've been developing my own lore for a series of webcomics/graphic novels I'll be putting together some time in the future, and was hoping to find someone interested in maybe contributing some concepts and helping me flesh out history and cultures and how magic works and all that fun stuff, through roleplay plots and such. If that sounds at all interesting to you, let me know. Otherwise we can just throw something together, I'm really up for whatever, and like I said earlier I am itching for some roleplay! I have a small handful of characters ready, and am not opposed to whipping up someone new for whatever role is needed.

One caveat I do need to point out, I am uninterested in playing romance between my characters and someone else's. I know that could be a deal-breaker for some people, so just putting that out there now.
Hi! That is so very interesting. I am an artist and am planing for a webcomic someday as well so I can relate! And that sounds super cool, I enjoy medieval fantasy just fine as well. I am pretty much the same as you, I don't mind contributing to your main plot at all and I don't mind putting something together, and if you're interested we could do the same with what I have in mind for my first short webcomic or just pretty much inspire each other if you don't mind that either, but all in all it sounds real awesome!

That is absolutely fine, like I wrote I do not mind romance, it's not really a requirement. I enjoy adventure more, and even a brotherly friendship is still enjoyable to me, too! :)

I have a soldier character too. How about we do a sort of medieval fantasy story in which two friends struggle to survive a worldwide mage battle as regular army mooks under their command?

Thinslayer said:
I have a soldier character too. How about we do a sort of medieval fantasy story in which two friends struggle to survive a worldwide mage battle as regular army mooks under their command?
That sounds quite interesting, so do you mean it's like melee-magic battle of sort maybe? Would you like to message me (Since I'm new, I'm not sure if I have the conversation part of the site ready for me or not but you could give it a try!) and we could brainstorm further and flesh out the world and characters and culture in details and stuff like that? I really enjoy doing that, if you don't mind :3

I may also reply to you a bit slowly, since I have exams and school attacking, so apologies for that!~

I have several plots in mind if you are interested, most of them a mix of sci-fi and fantasy to varying degrees. I don't tend to have the beefiest posts, but I try to keep them high-quality with as much detail as I can.

[QUOTE="Tenshi Hinara]I have several plots in mind if you are interested, most of them a mix of sci-fi and fantasy to varying degrees. I don't tend to have the beefiest posts, but I try to keep them high-quality with as much detail as I can.

[/QUOTE]
I would like to hear them, definitely! I really like that Scifi-fantasy mix genre C:

And I suppose it's fine as long as the details are there, I don't mind it that much as long as you're okay with my walls of text if they come at you, haha!

If you'd like, go ahead and try messaging me your plots, I am not sure if that option is open to me yet or not!

Relline said:
Hi! That is so very interesting. I am an artist and am planing for a webcomic someday as well so I can relate! And that sounds super cool, I enjoy medieval fantasy just fine as well. I am pretty much the same as you, I don't mind contributing to your main plot at all and I don't mind putting something together, and if you're interested we could do the same with what I have in mind for my first short webcomic or just pretty much inspire each other if you don't mind that either, but all in all it sounds real awesome!
That is absolutely fine, like I wrote I do not mind romance, it's not really a requirement. I enjoy adventure more, and even a brotherly friendship is still enjoyable to me, too! :)
How neat, to both be new here and with similar situations xD ! I would love to collaborate and bounce ideas off each other, both in roleplay and in general! This is so exciting, I guess I'd better work on getting my 10 posts so we can use the conversation function.

Looks like we have a lot of options here. You mentioned an elf character, and in another post said you had a soldier character. Are they the same person? Reason I ask is I have an elven soldier who plays a large role in one of my webcomics, and was recently thinking a roleplay set in her early days in the military could be beneficial for me to get to know her better. I had planned to put together some sort of plot, and try to recruit 1-2 role players to join in an elf military roleplay. It was still in the early stages of planning (I am a perfectionist, fair warning) but maybe we could brain storm something up if you're interested?

silversuzi said:
How neat, to both be new here and with similar situations xD ! I would love to collaborate and bounce ideas off each other, both in roleplay and in general! This is so exciting, I guess I'd better work on getting my 10 posts so we can use the conversation function.
Looks like we have a lot of options here. You mentioned an elf character, and in another post said you had a soldier character. Are they the same person? Reason I ask is I have an elven soldier who plays a large role in one of my webcomics, and was recently thinking a roleplay set in her early days in the military could be beneficial for me to get to know her better. I had planned to put together some sort of plot, and try to recruit 1-2 role players to join in an elf military roleplay. It was still in the early stages of planning (I am a perfectionist, fair warning) but maybe we could brain storm something up if you're interested?
It's very awesome and exciting indeed! And yes, to be fully honest they are more like two characters that I decided to kinda merge together. The elf is originally a very kind former-soldier scholar, and I had another character who got injured saving someone and was discharged because of that injury and that turned him into a more sad or aggressive and unfriendly man, so I thought of making the elf a soldier of that sort, instead of a scholar. His personality wouldn't exactly be the same, he'd be a loner but still kind deep within or something like that. But yes! An elf military thing sounds neat to me, we could totally take this further, create some conflict and flesh out a world for them if you'd like to! I'd love to do that!

Alright! Well first let me try to summarize what I had in mind already...

In the world I'm developing, Elves are longer lived than humans but not as extreme as in some fantasy settings. Death by old age averages at around 300 years old (some more, some less, of course) for them. For the most part, they are pretty standard as far as elves go. Maybe that's cliche, but it's how I like it, haha!

As far as magic goes, there are several different kinds and a person must be born with it, it's not something you can just decide to pick up like a hobby or anything like that. It's also genetic, so for example a person with fire magic abilities would have a few fire mages in their ancestry. I can provide more details on magic as needed, though a lot of the concepts are awaiting development.

For the military rp plot, I'm still working out the timeline but I believe it would have taken place some time after a significant war, so the country is in need of lots of rebuilding, and bandits have become an issue while the country was preoccupied with defending borders and all that. Demons and monsters are always a possibility as well. Basically, our soldiers could be put to work defending towns and villages from any number of troubles, hunting down hordes of beasts or criminal groups, or there could still be tension with neighboring countries to deal with. Thoughts?

What's your opinion on playing more than one character at a time? Mostly just curious, I can work with whatever, but I had originally planned to play 3 different people in this plot, the main girl I mentioned before and 2 supporting characters.

Also, if any of my pre-made lore doesn't mesh will with your character, don't hesitate to bring it up. We can adapt as needed. Maybe a hybrid world of both our ideas, and then I'll use what I need for my character's development in the final story.

Okay that sounds super neat, and don't worry, a lot of things are cliche because they work out so well after all!

And after a certain war sounds good to me. Maybe while they're posted to normal little towns to guard them, just for the sake of this RP plot, they kinda realize how there is a greater danger, and try to warn the authorities? Like some greater calamity than war or something like that, if you'd like that, it could be some magical thing. And yeah my character wouldn't be a magically gifted person, if anything he may even be cursed that he feels horrible around or is like intolerant to any sort of spells (Like healing or teleportaion spells of that sort.) And thus I would assume any magical damage is doubled on him or something like that.

And I totally don't mind playing more than one character. I haven't done it a lot before to be honest but I have nothing against it and I could do it if necessary.

That sounds nice too, now that I think of it, maybe we should have two RP's. Let's make this one in your world to test the waters (And I assume it should take a while, or if you want we could make a concise plot just to make our characters acquainted with each other first) and as we do that we could always develop a more complex, mixed-lore plot if you'd like!

Yes this is all sounding great. I'll need a little time to work out some details. The discovery of a greater danger could work well with what I already had planned for my character's back-story when the webcomic comes around.

I really like the idea of a curse that causes a magic-allergy xD !

I'm willing to juggle more than one roleplay, if you wanted to run another in your world along side the first one. Tell me a little about it? Have anything in mind?

Okay so I have like two webcomics in mind, a shorter one that I would like to start and experiment with comic art with and a more complex one. I think I will work mainly on the plot of the shorter one for now, since the other is... well complex and not very thought out like you know, though I did have it in mind much longer.

The short one is more of a steampunk setting, but it's more heavy on the fantasy elements. It does have creatures and monsters but it also makes use of several gadgets and like, technology that is left behind by some other extinct race, that most people don't know how to use. There really isn't much magic, the closest thing to it is a certain skill which is similar to healing with herbs and mixing potions and stuff. The soldier character, my little protagonist, is normally a very cheerful guy and makes jokes almost constantly, and a very efficient soldier or general at the same time. He then gets injured, like I told you, and gets discharged, and that kinda makes him more gloomy.

There is conflict with another villain character, who probably arranged for all that to happen to him just out of jealousy or something, and two other side characters, one of them is a herbalist and perhaps a romantic interest but I am not so sure of that yet. That guy is too serious and bitter to even fall in love, lol.

Aaand, well what I was thinking was that a sort of plague breaks out, and since he spends a lot of time alone around old technology, he probably has a clue to its cure but then the villain gets in the way and stuff. This is all quite rough, and more centered on my characters, but we could always adjust and you could definitely choose where your character fits! The protagonist's nature is very troublesome and it would be fun to have someone with more reason and sense to pull him out of trouble, or just a comforter, that works too. Not trying to be controlling, just a few suggestions!

And then there is always the thing where we mix worlds. Which I love! Creates a bunch of original ideas!

I see fantasy, I see sci-fi, I see detailed, I am sold! ^_^

I also have a nice (half) elf character that gets into the weirdest, strangest, funniest situations. And I have plenty of more characters. And some plot ideas too! ^_^

marorda said:
I see fantasy, I see sci-fi, I see detailed, I am sold! ^_^
I also have a nice (half) elf character that gets into the weirdest, strangest, funniest situations. And I have plenty of more characters. And some plot ideas too! ^_^
Yaaay!! :D

If you'd like go ahead and PM me any ideas you have! I will definitely contribute to them somehow if that's okay! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back