• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hello Hello! Howdy! Bonjour! Hola! Konnichiwa!

I am currently looking for a DM for my first DND campaign, (is that the right word?)

Preferably a 1x1)

Things to know:

1) I’m 16, I use They/She pronouns. I’m in the Eastern Standard Timezone, (US). My main platform is Discord.

2) I’m new to DnD.
- Yes, I know what it is. Yes, I roughly know what it entails. However, the down part of this is:

3) I learn better through hands on learning.
-Which leads into my fourth point,

4) I need someone whose willing to “hold my hand” (Be patient and teach me), until I’m comfortable.
- I get it, I might be annoying but it doesn’t seem to matter how many articles I read none of it quite sticks. So yes, you will most likely have to walk me through making a character, yes you will have to remind me of things.
— side tangent; I have the memory of a goldfish, and the attention span of a five year old some days so prepare for those days.

5) Don’t be afraid to make it immersive for me; but don’t go too overboard.
God I love the details. Show me what the world looks like, recommend audios to listen to while we play, tell me the backstory of what our setting is.

6) You can make it challenging, but don’t make it too challenging.
- I’d hate to get discouraged.

7) I love world building, and coming up with what things look like, what happened, and I’m very willing to help.
- Also if you have other ideas, I’m like totally willing to hear you out on them.

8) I may not be in the mood for DnD, when we decide to meet. I may just want to voice chat, or I may not want to call at all.
- Sometimes things happen that are out of my control that are connected to my mental health.
- I will try my hardest to give you prior notice, as these evenings are very far and few between but I cannot guarantee it.
- Please don’t bring this topic up, unless I do, I’m sorry but this isn’t something I’m willing to discuss details about when I first meet you.

9) Let me know if you’re busy/can’t make it etc.
- I give you the same curtesy, I’d like it back.

So with that being said, here’s an idea that I love:

Post apocalyptic.
Not so much with like, “Zombies” per se but just the idea that “Life as we know it,” kinda deal is gone.

- Winter. Winter in PA settings is just- 😘👌I’m talking Blizzards, freezing temperatures as the world possibly gets colder the longer my(our) characters are alive, the whole nine yards.

- Struggling for supplies.
Golly, if you make it to where what I role determines what I get out of a container I— I will love you. It’s such a small detail but like- you don’t understand the happiness it brings me.

- Enemies
Is it another group of survivors? Is it a government group/the armed forces? Are they Zombies of some sort? Is it Mother Nature herself?

Heya Dood i see that you are looking for a Gm And i saw your post. It looks interesting and i had been looking for something to give me some DM experiance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back