• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a detailed Fantasy or Horror roleplay.

Soleille

at midnight, darkest hour
WELCOME!

I'm Fey, or Fortuna, and while I'm new to this site, I have been roleplaying for about seven years now. Writing is just one of my favourite things to do! I'm looking to find someone who's interested in creating a new story and hopefully writing a long-term roleplay with me. (Please bear with the fact that this thread is a complete mess)

ABOUT ME:
  • I'm in my twenties and a student.
  • My roleplaying style is on the lengthier side and I enjoy detailed plotting before and during the roleplay.
  • I like writing all genders - male, female, non-binary - and I'm open to any kind of romantic pairing. Usually, I like to play multiple characters or at last have very developed side characters, because I like to create a whole little universe. But if you don't enjoy writing multiple characters, it's not a must.
  • Depending on my schedule and the length of a reply, I can post every few days on average.
  • I prefer writing in third person, but I don't mind if past or present tense.
WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
  • Please be 18+.
  • I'd love it if you also like to write detailed posts. Of course you don't have to force yourself to write a super long post (we're doing this for fun, after all!), but it'd be nice if I could find someone who's willing to put in the same amount of effort that I am.
    To clarify, because I've got some questions about this: With detailed I mean that the post is fleshed out and you give some insight into your character's thoughts. I consider anything 500+ words detailed, less if it's a fast-paced scene or a scene with a lot of dialogue. That being said, I'd also be happy to receive posts with 1000+ words and respond in kind. I'm really very flexible when it comes to word count!
  • Plot with me! Bouncing ideas back and forth is one of the most fun things about roleplaying, after all.
  • Another thing that's important to me is that relationships in the roleplay develop at a somewhat natural pace. I love writing romance and our characters bonding, but please do not make your character fall deeply in love with someone after only one day of knowing them and reveal their whole life story on day two. I'd like to get to know your characters more organically through the duration of the roleplay!
  • I do not mind waiting for replies, so take your time. But if you could let me know how often you expect to be able to post that would be stellar, even if it's only once every month. And, if you're no longer interested in the roleplay, feel free to just ditch me, truly no hard feelings there. I'd appreciate it if you let me know when you lost interest, though.
Okay, with the introduction out of the way, let's move on to some ideas I have!

PLOTS:

SIMMER
{Fantasy}
Two neighbouring countries – Naos and Valia – are bound through a long-standing alliance that has secured peace between them for centuries. They both worship the Gods of Vigilance, who have guided and protected their citizens with their divine powers. Any form of the old arcane arts is outlawed in Naos and Valia, by order of their Gods, because using magic twists humans and turns them away from the light of the Gods.

One day, a heretic who is a master of the dark arcane arts, invades Naos with his army of magic users and takes the throne from the reigning monarch. The usurper threatens Valia with war, unless their queen will agree to their terms. So Valia decides to send out a small group of delegates to Naos to hear the heretic and their demands out. The brave group is protected by amulets infused with the Gods’ power, granting them the ability to be both resilient to magic and to converse with the Gods, if need be. If the amulets come into contact with their skin, they can hear the voices of the Gods in their heads and their deities can, in turn, hear the humans’ thoughts. Because of the magic spun through the air by the usurper, the Gods are no longer capable of overseeing what is going on in Naos, so the venture into Naos will be a dangerous one for the selected delegates.

Once they arrive in the invaded kingdom, they see the mark of magic everywhere and the churches of their beloved Gods plundered and burned to the ground. The delegates meet with the new ruler and the heretic’s demand to keep the peace is this: for the citizens of Valia to renounce the Gods of Vigilance and drive them out of their country by destroying all of the churches and icons dedicated to the deities. The usurper tells them this is in their best interest, for they do not know the Gods’ true nature.

The delegates are horrified by the demand, but not surprised. They are given time to think the proposal over, but the Gods have protected Valia for centuries, so they are certain there can only be one outcome: war.

[You could play any of the characters mentioned here - the delegates, the heretic, the queen of Valia, even one of the Gods. We can obviously also make up more characters to add to the story!]

MARKED WITH BLOOD
{Fantasy}​

A group of scholars discovered an ancient magical artefact that is powerful enough to rupture the balance of the world. Wanting to hide the artefact in order to keep it safe, they travel to Windwatch, an academy for mages. In a tome about magical practices the scholars learn that in order to neutralise the artefact’s power, it needs to be reunited with its original owner, a long deceased warrior king.

For that, the king needs to be brought back to life with necromancy. But necromancers are feared and shunned by society because of their dark powers and are seen as untrustworthy by the academy. Asking a necromancer for help would go against all of their principles. As there is no other option, the academy seeks out one of the necromancers regardless. The necromancer agrees to raise the king, for a price. And so they set out for the northern mountains where the dead king’s body is located, together with an academy mage who is tasked with keeping an eye on them. Neither of them trust each other, but they will have to learn to work together if they want to make it to the mountain peak.

Meanwhile, one of the scholars has already been tainted by the artefact when he came into contact with it, maddened by its power. The rest of the group is unaware of the threat in their own ranks. The tainted scholar is now following plans of his own: unleash the artefact’s power and throw the world into ruin.

[We would be playing the necromancer and the academy mage as the main characters, but we can also add more characters for us to play if you're up for it. You can choose if you want to play the necromancer or the academy mage.]

VENEFICUS
{Horror; 80s/90s/Modern day}
A new student at an elite university witnesses something strange one sleepless night in the courtyard of an abandoned dormitory: a group of students dressed in dark red robes and silver masks. When one of the figures notices the student, they flee, not wanting to confront the group. Soon after, they receive an invitation. In it, they are asked to join the Conservatory, an exclusive and mysterious society. For reasons of their own, they decide to accept and become the Conservatory’s newest initiate.

The society meets in a vine-covered villa in the heart of the small town, replete with wooden floorings, creaking stairs and an old library. Dressed in dark colours and indifferent faces, their members come together to discuss literature and politics. Their leader, a charismatic, but unapproachable grad student, is a wealthy heir who seems to be hiding a darker secret behind their handsome smile. The initiate is enamoured with the luxury and camaraderie they find amongst their new family.

But not everything is as it seems – and they realise the sweetness is nothing but a facade when they find themselves in the middle of a gruesome series of tests that serve as the Conservatory’s rite of initiation. To make matters worse, one of the other initiates is reported missing just hours after he participated in his final test…a coincidence, or is something more sinister at play?

[For this plot, I'd like you to play the initiate and I'd be playing the Conservatory leader. We can do this two different ways - plot the mystery together and divide the other members of the Conservatory evenly between us to play. Or you could unravel the mystery alongside your character and I won't tell you what is actually going on with the society. In this scenario, I would be playing all the members of the Conservatory against your initiate.]

PIERCING HOLLOWS
{Horror; Historical}
A curse lies on Rawlins Manor. Or so the rumours and whispers say about the old estate located in a secluded, small town in North England. A beautiful forest surrounds the manor, but the townspeople agree that one should not venture there during night time. In 1884, a young aristocrat is leaving London society to restore the manor of their recently deceased uncle, Abraham Rawlins. While they are aware of the rumours about Rawlins Manor, they do not believe any of them.

But after arriving at the lavish estate they soon find many things amiss. The townspeople avoid them like the plague. Animal bones have been placed in their front garden, arranged in an odd pattern. The staff at Rawlins Manor is made up of a skittish maid, a mute butler and a mysterious steward whose face the aristocrat can never quite remember when not looking at him directly.

The aristocrat begins to settle into their new home, if uneasily. At night, they are plagued by strange noises: the sound of wood splintering and a soft chanting. None of the staff seem to be able to hear the noises and the aristocrat wonders if it is just their imagination. Then one day they stumble upon their uncle's journal, in which they learn that their uncle has been hearing strange things at night as well - starting a few days before his death.

[I'd like you to play the aristocrat and I will play all the other characters, mainly the staff of Rawlins Manor.]

I left all the characters' genders ambiguous, so we can choose them according to your preferences.

ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

Apart from those plots, I'm also interested in a few other things, for which I don't have a specific plot yet and would love to come up with one together!
  • A horror plot with a small village and an evil cult.
  • A classic vampire story à la Interview with the Vampire, preferably historical, but I'm also down for modern.
  • A fantasy story with a world that has a similar vibe as Bloodborne.
If you have any other ideas for fantasy or horror plots that you think I would like, then feel free to suggest them to me.
This thread turned out super long, apologies for that. But yeah, if any of this catches your interest, please contact me. 🖤

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back