• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern looking for a couple of new partners {1x1}

Becboc

houseplant hoarder
Hi there, I'm Becca. I'm on the look out for a new writing partner or two to strike up some new stories with! I've been writing pretty solidly since joining this site a few months ago, but I've found myself in the middle of a quieter spell recently and I suddenly have a lot more time on my hands, even more so with the Christmas break coming up. So, I'm hoping that this little thread will help me to fill up that time with some exciting new plots! I generally prefer realistic/modern settings with lots of angst/conflict and opportunity for character development, and I really enjoy darker/grittier themes mixed with romance/fluff between characters. If you feel that this might fit well with what you're looking for, please see below for more info! c:

About me/What I can offer
- I'm 26 and work full time in education.
- Lit/advanced writing - I’ve been writing for 10+ years and I love to write detailed, lengthy replies and can write anything from 2 paragraphs to 2 pages. Although quality over quantity, always!
- Third person responses only.
- I'm currently working from home so I can generally reply at least once a day, sometimes more so. I'll always communicate if I've hit a busy spell and can't for some reason.
- I love any kind of OOC chat, I'm a firm believer that communication can really support a plot to grow and develop. Let's gush over our story together! c:
- M x F pairings as a personal preference and I'll only write as a female MC; I'm just not all that great at male MCs. That being said, I'm more than happy to add in side characters of any gender; I love to world build!
- Friendly/easy-going - I will never put pressure on or pester for a response. I understand when life happens and would never want an RP to feel like an obligation.
- Happy to RP over PMs/Forum/Discord.
- Open to swapping writing samples.

What I'd like from you
- 18+
- Responses that are at least 2 paragraphs long with good grammar/literacy - I am understanding of the odd mistake/slip of course.
- An ability to respond at least once every couple of days. I won't pressure for a reply ever, but I tend to lose interest fairly quickly if we're only writing with each other once a week, although I do understand that sometimes life happens.
- Communication - let me know if you're not happy/would like to change anything, or if you've had an amazing new idea you want to try out with our characters. Similarly, please let me know if you can't respond for whatever reason. A few days, a week, a month? Totally cool, just let me know.
- Collaboration - let's write a story together! I want to hear your ideas as much as I'd like you to listen to mine.
- No one-liners please - I just struggle to write in this style.

And that's all I can think of for now! I have the beginnings of a few plot ideas that I've included below; they're fairly rough ideas at the moment, therefore I'm very open to building on them together, they are by no means set in stone.

I'd be happy playing either Muse A or Muse B.

Muse A has lived in their hometown all of their life; they've watched it grow, change and morph into the town that it is today, a town overrun by organised crime and gang activity. For the most part they've managed to keep their head down and out of trouble but it's only a matter of time before their place of living starts to catch up with them, as it has done so with many others they've known over the years. Not many people escape the clutches of those in charge; even the local cops and leaders are caught up in the never ending web of the sketchy going-ons of the criminals that now call themselves local leaders.

Muse B is a budding new detective, not long into the job and keen to get started on their first official case. They have been assigned the role of infiltrating the town undercover; their aim? Getting to know the inner workings of the criminal activity, who is involved and who is at risk. They want to bring those responsible for the town's soaring crime rates to justice and save the residents from the ever-growing threat of falling victim to the similar fates of their neighbours. This is how our characters meet.

Again, I'd be happy playing either Muse here. The idea is very open to discussion; we can work together to think of what our characters have been affected by and how this is going to inform the rest of the story.

Muse A wasn't expecting their life to take such a dramatic turn. They got too caught up and before they knew it they were in too deep. This event (whatever it may be) was the tip of the iceberg for them and it scared them enough for them to pack up and leave behind everything that they'd ever known. They get in their car and they drive, with no real plan or direction in mind, other than the desire to get away and get away quickly. This is where they happen to stumble across Muse B.

Muse A has been driving for a good couple of days at this point, they're in the middle of the desert and they happen across a hitchhiker who's stood at the side of the road with their thumb in the air. They're not sure what comes over them next, call it intuition, humanity, intrigue - whatever it is, causes them to pull over and offer the stranger a ride, turning an unexpected journey into one of companionship. Will the two form an unlikely alliance however, or will their problems catch up with them before they can build the new life that they're both so desperately seeking?

This is maybe the loosest idea that I have, and the only one with a potential supernatural element. I'd be very open to discussing and bulking out the concept into a more well-defined plot! The idea is essentially about a character/s who can enter people's unconscious states and warp their dreams in different ways, sometimes to such an extent that it influences their conscious thought. Maybe they work for a higher power who's using them for bad in a corporate setting, or maybe there's a free-lancing dream twister who uses their power for their own selfish gain? I'm tooootally open to lots of different options with this, so let me know if you're interested and we can start up a conversation.

Other themes I'd be open to exploring
Post-apocalyptic
Dystopian/Utopian

Some supernatural themes - PM me if you'd like to discuss further!
Power struggles
Addictions

Aaaaand that's about all I have to offer for now, but I may add more plots as I go along. I'm also very open to hearing any ideas/plots/pairings that you may have, so please send me a PM if you'd like to discuss anything further and I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:
Oh hey hey!

I'm Stenny, 21 (stb 22) and have been RPing for years. You sound like a great rp partner!

I tend to write semi-literate to novella replies (2-3 paragraphs+) and would consider myself a relatively skilled writer. I've had no formal education regarding writing but I've read plenty of books and write often.

I make mistakes occasionally, of course, and if it's a 1x1 dialogue I may not write as much (a few paragraphs tops). I lean towards fully fleshed out ideas as I'm not particularly "casual."

I do live in Japan - fair warning - so I may not be awake when you are. It depends.

Anywho - shoot me a PM if you think we'll mesh well together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back