• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for 1x1 Fantasy and Slice of Life/Action RP

Arkain

Master Procrastinator
Both rps are separate from one another. Under this paragraph I list the ideas I've come up with for both rps, and if anyone is interested in them, feel free to respond to this thread or send me a dm. I'll be using the rest of this paragraph to quickly go over what I'd generally expect from a partner. First, I don't like do rps in first person so the usual 3rd person is a must for me. I also can't do anything less than a few paragraphs and prefer quite a bit of writing, 3-6 paragraphs on average, more is highly welcomed. And uh, that's it really lol. I don't care about being sent examples of how good you are or anything, just small expectations really.

FANTASY RP IDEA:

So basically, there's not exactly a solid "Plot" or "Idea" for this, but is mostly based on a single character I created, Argus Hendrickson. Argus was born as a member of the Yathum family, a legendary family that produces high-leveled Paladins. Argus was born with an extremely high affinity for all magic, which is rare considering Paladin magic didn't require high affinity. Argus was destined to enter the depths of Paladin magic and become a legendary household for generations, but as time would tell, he never become that great of a Paladin. It wasn't that he didn't have the skill, he just couldn't care less. Being a Paladin, in his eyes, was just boring. Especially when his absurdly high affinity for magic would allow him to do so much more. That, and he never wanted to be a Tank. One day, while he was bored out of his mind practicing for yet another boring Paladin test, he stole a full bottle of booze from his Father's room and downed the entire thing, getting drunk off his high horse. While this wasn't his first time drinking, he overestimated his ability to hold alcohol down. Because of his innate desire to leave his home and go out and adventure, Argus entered an area near his home that his Father strictly forbid the family from entering due to the dark powers that rest there, a place they called the "Forbidden Mountains." Oddly enough, Argus managed to encounter little to no danger in his drunken stupor, but instead stumbled upon a small shiny tome he assumed would teach him some secret Paladin art. It didn't. He read the entire tome when he finally got back home, and slept until the very next morning. By then, the tome and his memories of his drunken adventure had all but completely vanished. Thus, he returned to his usual life until his father discovered the truth a few months later. During a test that involved using a magic detection device, it was discovered that Argus was no longer a Paladin, but a Necromancer. The shiny tome he read was a false paladin tome, left there by a mysterious entity that wished to corrupt anyone foolish enough to pick it up. And corrupt it did. All things considered, it made sense that Argus, with an affinity as high as his, suddenly stopped making progress on his training. As a result of this betrayal of the rules and the family, Argus was exiled and stripped of his family name. Forced to move from home, he found a large city that had an adventures guild he ended up becoming a member of. However, his newfound power is deemed vile and evil by society. Necromancers were a dying breed for this very reason. Instead of becoming an Adventurer who specialized in the dark arts, Argus was forced to rely on his weakened Paladin powers to survive. And thus, Argus is a closeted Necromancer who barely scrapes by with a power he doesn't even like.

Like I said, the rp is based around this character, and I'm flexible with whatever my potential partner wants to do. With that being said, a part of the idea was to have him meet a "Normal" person, who also holds their own secret. Originally this character was going to be a Dragoness but uh, those plans died off. My potential partner can stick with that or do something else, but please no werewolf or vampire romance haha. That being said, yes, this is also a romance story.

SLICE OF LIFE/ACTION/ROMANCE RP:

There's a lot less to this rp idea than the previous one. Yay for wall of texts. The world in this story historically has been dominated by the sport of fighting, even before the gladiators. My guy, Kazuya, was born into the Yamamoto family, one incredibly well-known and feared by fighters around the world. Despite the family he was born into and the large body he has, Kazuya downright refuses to fight and despises all forms of fighting. He's a pacifist who'd rather sit down and play with a kitten than bloody his knuckles for the sake of fun. And he also happens to go to the same school as the daughter of his rival family. Unlike him, she is a huge fan of fighting and does everything in her power to constantly prove her ability. However, she holds a very strict secret. One that Kazuya just so happened to stumble upon. Towards the end of his walk after school on friday, he happens upon an incredible scene. In the middle of a construction site, many thugs lay unconscious on the floor as this very girl is playing and babying a little kitten, one she protected from these thugs who had most likely tried to bully the poor thing. The kitten notices Kazuya and runs to him, alerting the girl of his presence. He had stumbled upon the secret she spent years working to protect. Realizing the situation he was in, Kazuya picks up the kitten and makes a mad dash for his home. A short chase ensued with Kazuya managing to get into Yamamoto territory before she even got close to catching him. Relieved, he spent the weekend having completely forgotten about the incident with the girl. Until she confronts him privately by barging into the boys p.e changing room right before class. Thank god he was always there much earlier than everyone else.

"You saw my secret. I can't let that secret get out, no matter what. You belong to me. If that secret gets out...you're dead"

So basically, this is a sort of reverse situation where the girl is pretty aggressive towards the guy but in a good way. Sounds pretty mean, but trust me, a romance buds between them. Also, it's great to note that Kazuya actually has a secret of his own that she begins to unravel. Other than that, not much else to the rp for now. Haven't gotten a chance to develop it.

If either of these strike your fancy, don't be afraid to send me a pm or respond to this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back