• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ManiacInsomniac

Call me Myra! Nice to meet everyone! Reach out to me via a PM if you're interested!

About me:

• 22 years old
  • Multi paragraph and semi-lit/lit writing style
  • Live in GMT-7/PST timezone
  • Ghost-friendly although I do prefer a message if something comes up. I promise I won't be mad. I have been the ghostee many times before (although I swore to be more communicative due to certain experiences).
  • I try to reply once a day and will reply at least once a week. Replies may be inconsistent based on real life.
  • I enjoy multiple genres— supernatural, sci fi, mystery, adventure, fantasy, angst... As long as there is conflict/minimized fluff. I enjoy darker topics and can get gory with descriptions. Inform me if you need me to rein it in.
  • Not interested in fandom roleplay. Borrowing a setting (Hawkins from Stranger Things, Night City from Cyberpunk2077, The Wasteland from Fallout New Vegas, etc) would be cool but I feel weird roleplaying other peoples' characters.
  • Prefer to play female characters (esp if romance is involved). Any pairing (ie MxF, FxF, NBxF) is fine. If we each take multiple characters, I may inject gender diversity into the cast.
Partner asks:
  • 18+
  • Please communicate triggers, limits, and concerns about the story to me
  • Work with me to develop the plot and conflict!
  • Decent grammar and 2-4 paragraphs per reply. No need to match this exactly.
Plots:
  • Feel free to suggest an original plot!
  • The Facility. ~0.01% of humanity is born with a superpower. These dangerous individuals are locked in a facility to contain and test their powers for "public safety". These superpowers can manifest from childhood to early adulthood. Is escape from the hellish facility possible? Will your powers be enough evade the authorities even if you escape?
  • Sci-fi Noir. Muse A is a freelance detective in possession of Muse B, a sentient AI. Sentient AIs are illegal in this world, primarily to avoid legal issues regarding their civil rights. The duo solves mysteries and hunts down criminals. What is the truth behind the existence of Muse B? What ghosts lie in Muse A's past?
  • Mythological Road Trip. Muse A is a mythological creature hunted across America by the Order of Solomon's Temple, a secret society dedicated to eradicating abominable demons and creatures. Muse B is another creature hunted by the Order or an ex-hunter who takes pity on the creature. The ragtag duo joins forces to escape the threat. Will their ingenuity and powers be able to avoid the clutches of the Order?
  • Apocalypse. An apocalypse ravaged the world — whether a natural disaster, a viral outbreak, or war. Two survivors cross paths in the ruins of the old world. Muse A saves Muse B's life and the two join forces to fight for survival in the harsh environment.
  • Infinity Train. A train hurdles on infinitely. Each train car leads to an impossible world, situation, or puzzle. No escape, no stops. The sole clue is a glowing number tattoo on Muse A and Muse B's inner wrist. Is a daring escape possible? What does the glowing number tattoo allude to? What is the purpose of the train and the rules which govern it? Set in the Infinity Train universe or an original universe.
  • Quest for the Elixir. The King is deathly ill. Adventurers all across the world are dispatched to locate the Fountain of Youth and bring back its healing water to cure the King. The road to the Fountain of Youth is perilous and uncertain. Will the scrappy adventurers return alive?
  • Paranormal Investigations. The sleepy, suburban town is rife with unexplainable incidents. Obsessed with obtaining evidence of the paranormal, Muse A and Muse B explore the town, finding themselves embroiled in dangerous situations and fighting to protect their home. Will the investigators eliminate the creatures that go bump in the night before the people they love are hurt?
  • Vampire Politics. Vampires hunt in the night as oblivious humans slumber. The supernatural, immortal predators of humanity struggle in this darkness, fighting for survival and power in a dangerous masquerade. How will the characters fare amidst this chaos? Can timeless creatures heal old scars? Set in any time period. Set in the VTM universe or an original universe. (Note: The roleplay can focus on vampire politics/survival or personal relationships/trauma/growth.)
  • Isekai. Muse A is a medical resident reincarnated as a nobleman's daughter. The rudimentary medical knowledge in the world leads to rampant infections, disease, and incurable ailments. Muse A realizes she can save lives in this world — if the patriarchal society lets her. Muse A approaches Muse B, a local herbalist or "witch" who lives in the woods. She begs to herbalist to act as her pharmacologist, teach her which herbs to use to numb pain or thin blood. A bond develops between the women as they face the trials and tribulations of society.
  • Yandere. My guilty pleasure. Any scenario. Classic school plot wherein troublesome students disappear? Love it. Princess acts a tad too protective of her beloved knight? So down. The zombie apocalypse leads to an immoral woman slaughtering undead and survivors alike to protect her love? Chef's kiss.
Writing sample:
  • Nerissa glances behind her, her heart racing, feeling like it is beating out of her chest. "Help!" she screams, her voice echoing through the empty alleyways. "Per favore Dio! Please someone help me!" Her feet slap against the pavement, slipping on the wet streets as she quickly picks herself up and continues running. She wears a puffy winter coat, deflated with rain, the hood down revealing two small horns, almost invisible through her shiny mat of brown hair. A thick scarf is wrapped around her neck several times, covering half her face. Her jeans cling to her legs, the bottoms wet and dirty. A backpack slung across her shoulder bounces frantically as she runs. The small area of exposed skin around her face is olive, with mesmerizing gray eyes. Hot tears run down her cheeks, mixing with the frozen rain.
    Behind her, a man in black priest garb pursues her, hot on her trail. He yells after her, his face contorted with rage. Her pursuer is a middle aged man with salt-and-pepper hair, carrying a large leather bag and a variety of weapons in his pockets. "Come back here, you foul demon!" he snarls. He brandishes a sharp dagger in his hand, its dull glow lighting the alleyway with white light and casting harsh shadows.
  • It is an [Ant]. Its whirling databanks indicate [Ants] exist to source and locate [Materials] for [error] to [error].
    It observes the cracked, rotting, overgrown City around it. It can utilize its wooden, spindling legs to move across these wide and flat roads. It can following the metal ruts in the ground that move deeper into the City, old tangled street lights and the waving grass contrasting against the prominent and colorful street art.
    An uncomfortable sense of unease floods its circuitry. It does not move. It is constrained, as if there is not enough space in its databanks for the entirety of itself. An unconscious ![Pain] binds it to its body, restricting and inexplicable beyond a fragmented and corrupted memory. It is meant to flow freely. It runs a [System Check], assessing the physical damage and holes in its memory.
    In the stream of data and urgent error messages, it catches one fact which explains its inaction. No [Directives] exist?
    Query: [Directives]
    >> null
    It wastes serval minutes in a loop, unable to comprehend the null [Directives] parameter. By all rights, without [Directives] it should stay still and await orders. But it is alone. It's data is corrupted. It is obviously broken. The wrongness of the constricting, wood body proves this conclusion.
    It exists to source and locate [Materials] for [error] to [error]. It must fulfill its function. In order to understand and fulfill its directives, it must restore functionality and corrupted data. Inaction will neither restore functionality or corrupted data. It lurches to life on spindly legs and begins its march down the colorful street. It observes its surroundings for clues as it scuttles along.
  • TW Nazi occupied Poland
    Marya scuttles furtively through the forest, parallel to the main road, starving. The forest had a stream that she used for washing and rinsing her clothes, but it's been an entire month since she disappeared into the woods. She had heard the Nazi rhetoric and the word of German invasion, as well as the rumors of Russian counter-invasion in the East. But what could have changed in a month? Tears spring to her eyes and she hastily rubs them away. Nazi occupation had been quick, the worried whispers around the dinner table quickly replaced by dark, empty rooms... Marya glances both ways across the road and steps on, adjusting her pack and trying to stride with confidence. The nighttime engulfs her. The young Jew knows it is better to travel at night to avoid being seen. To her, the horrors of war are still just horrors... Figments of imagination that are not yet a reality. Desperately, in her heart, she still hopes that her family is still alive somewhere. Escaped or hiding, like her.
    Marya's stomach growls as she approaches Zgiers, the next town over, forcing the little girl to double up, clutching her abdomen. Her vision swims with small dots of pain and she pulls herself up. The forest had been devoid of food for a young girl, armed only with a kitchen knife and a rudimentary knowledge of traps... She should've began travelling days ago, when the food first ran out. Marya pushes her thick hair out of her eyes, approaching the first row of houses. The lights are on in several homes, despite the late hour. Her eyes fixate on an empty bread shop, with yesterday's wares still lingering in the window. Marya rattles the locked door, trying to muffle her sound, and peers for another way in. Her eyes lock on a rock on the ground. Desperately, she hefts the rock with both hands and the window shatters with a tinkle of glass. Withdrawing her hand with pain, red blood oozes down Marya's hand. Whimpering, Marya ignores the cut and reaches through the broken window, transferring blood-soaked bread into her waiting pack.
    Marya hefts the bag onto her shoulders. Weak and radiating fear, she turns to flee down the gravel street. A man in shapeless, white clothes emerges from the back room and yells at the escaping woman. "Stop! Thief!" A German soldier rounds around the corner, catching sight of Marya. He lifts his gun and the frightened girl crashes into the patrolling man. The slight frame of the girl barely phases him, as she scrambles for his weapon.
    Adrenaline rushes through Marya's system, mind clouding with a combination of pure panic and animal instinct. Forcing the gun to one side, Marya reaches for the kitchen knife in her coat, plunging the sharp blade into the man's lower torso. The Nazi screams in pain, cursing and yelling loudly in German. Marya pushes the man backwards and off balance, grabbing his rifle. She barely has enough time to line up the shot as the gun goes off with a loud bang. Behind her the storekeeper stops, beginning to back up in fear. Arms shaking from hunger and terror, unused to the kick of the gun, Marya watches the lifeless body slump to the ground. Her vision swims with tears as she forces herself into a dead sprint, her sore feet pounding against the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back