• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Look What Happened To Icarus

Richard smiled as he watched his niece up on the stage. It had been a while since he’d been able to stop and unwind and go see her perform but he had promised her he wouldn’t miss it this time. Once it was done though he was hopping up out of his seat next to his brother and trying to get his phone out his jacket to check the time. He was meant to be meeting someone for a date only he was gonna be running behind now after things had overrun at the school. He’d feel bad but it was only the second date and he wasn’t sure about the woman anyway.

carmen got home from picking the kids up from their clubs and smiled letting the dog greet them, watching her eldest run out back with him while she shook her head some and helped Javi, their toddler, into his booster seat at the kitchen table for some colouring, watching Lily out the window while she made dinner and waited on her husband to get home. Things had been good recently for them. Pedros nightmares had all but disappeared in the past several months since he’d gone back to working and carmen was doing well with her job, the kids were doing good and despite not being able to hear anything Lily had become determined to join a team sport so she was immensely proud of her little girl.

Jake stood up and clapped for his little girl immensely proud of her for her performance. She had been practicing so hard for it and the fact Richard was able to make it made it even better. He frowned as his brother immediately took at his phone and started to walk away "Where do you think you're going?" he asked raising an eyebrow as he walked over to him "Come on, Lizzie hasn't stopped talking about you being here for the past two weeks. Come to her meet the teacher."

Pedro came in from the office giving a heavy sigh but he smiled as he heard his son's squealing coming from the kitchen. He walked in and went over to his son having not seen Carmen in there yet "Hey there buddy!" he said happily tickling his tummy some and squishing his nose to his cheek. He had been doing a lot better lately with life, his nightmares were basically gone, he was focused on his family now but today he got a bombshell dropped on him. They had requested that he come and do training with the new pilots and really it was not an option

Carmen smiled and heard his keys hit the bowl, turning around to see him stood there still in uniform. “Ooh, someone didn’t change before they left today.” She murmured, going over and slipping her arms around him tightly, “hey handsome, dinners gonna be another half hour or so, Lily’s out back with the dog... how was your day?” She asked him gently and pressed her forehead to his, standing on her tiptoes.

he frowned over at his brother and sighed heavily. He knew this was going to happen but he gave in and just shook his head some. “Alright. You’re letting down a lovely lady by the way. It’s not my fault this thing overran cause a kid was crying though is it?” He muttered rubbing his face, following him out of the auditorium and down to where they could pick the kids up at.

Jake chuckled some and walked with his brother "Oh yeah? Send her my apologies." he said smiling some "Besides...I think you'll enjoy meeting the teacher, or atleast the one next to Lizzie's." he said remembering how Richard had the biggest crush on Max Wends when they were younger. He smiled wide when he saw his little girl run down the hall and into Richard's arms hugging him tight 'Uncle Richard!!'

Pedro saw Carmen and smiled some pulling her in close to him and pressing his forehead to hers "Mmm too tired to change." he said softly glancing at the backyard to see his little girl having such a fun time. He turned his attention back to his wife and swayed with her some "Day was...I've had better." he said softly to her "But lets talk about that later okay? Right now I want to spend this time with my family."

She knew better than to pry until he was ready and at 3 Javi was prone to repeating almost everything he heard which given the wrong circumstances could become a right pain so she just nodded and went to get him a beer. “Alright, well when the kids are in their rooms then.” She murmured and continued swaying with him around the room, passing the toddler his soppy cup at the same time and just enjoyed being in his arms

Richard frowned as he listened to his brother. He’d only just moved back to the area after being posted there and told he wouldn’t be leaving any time soon but his brother don the other hand had never left the area once he’d turned 18 and gone to college nearby. Richard has travelled the world but home to him would always be Scotland. Always. He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard the little girl running at him and smiled scooping her up. “Hey there!” He smiled cuddling her right then set her down. “Great job up there kiddo, well done.” He smiled at her.

Pedro nodded and smiled happily kissing the top of her head as he held her close to him sipping his beer "I love you beautiful." He said softly to her looking over as he saw Lily come in smiling wide. He waved and signed 'Hello Princess' to her. As their first born she was Pedro's baby girl and his saving grace at the time. He had been in a very dark place during Carmen's first pregnancy and once they had found out she was deaf something in him clicked and he realized he needed to change.

Lizzie smiled widely at him and held on tight to his neck happy to have her uncle there with her "Thank you!! Can you come to meet the teacher?!" She asked excitedly as she let go of him finally. Lizzie had always been very close to Richard and it was always her favorite time when she got to see him. She tugged on his arm when he nodded and smiled happily when they met up with her mom "Mommy! Uncle Richard said he gonna meet my teacher with us!" she said happily

Last edited:
Carmen smiled watching her jump on him before bringing her over to give her some juice. “Go get changed babe.” She told him softly and continued in the kitchen with the kids, getting lily some colouring stuff as well then got herself a soda. She kept face around the kids but she was worried. Seeing the way he was was scaring her a little and she didn’t like it one bit. “Pedge can you bring my hoodie down here?” She called up to him once she was getting dinner set out, he’s not come back down yet and she was hoping he hadn’t fallen asleep. “Go get daddy sweetheart.” She told lily, sending her up to him.

Richard smiled and followed them through the halls, just watching the little girl carefully and sighing to himself some until they got to the correct rooms, reaching into his pocket for his phone to text the woman he’d meant to go out with that he wasn’t gonna make it anymore and it probably wouldn’t work out. He wasn’t a total ass and he didn’t plan on just ghosting her or standnn in g her up but he completely forgot about his phone when he heard the familiarvoice coming from the next room, moving over to stand just inside the door of the next classroom and stared at the one that had got away.

Pedro stood in their room looking at himself in uniform sighing heavily as he thought over everything. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes remembering what it was like to fly and it was bliss, until it switched to him being in a battlefield and he soon was yelling out and thrashing things around not noticing his daughter staring at him through the door way at all as he threw things around

Max talked with a few parents showing them their children's progress smiling happily as the child cheerfully hugged her tight before leaving. She loved her job, she loved being with the children and teaching them all new things, it was how she coped with not being able to have any of her own. She looked over at the door as the parents left and smiled widely seeing an old friend standing there "Well this is a surprise, if it isn't Mr. Richard Madden." She said happily going over and giving him a friendly hug

Carmen frowned hearing loud thuds from upstairs and told Javi to stay put before rushing up there and made Lily go downstairs. “Pedro. Pedro.” She called quickly, moving to get in front of him and grabbed at his hands frowning. “Pedro baby you’re okay. You’re home.” She murmured rubbing his knuckles and making him look at her. “Baby you’re home it’s okay. You’re safe.” She promised softly worrying about him now, wrapping her arms around him tightly and kissing his cheek repeatedly. “I’m right here honey.” She coaxed, pulling back to look at him. “What’s going on? Look at me... no don’t pull away I’m not letting you go anywhere til you tell me what’s going on you haven’t been like that in a very long time.” She murmured.

Richard smiled some as he watched her and stood up straighter. “Not as much as ir could have been. What are you doing in town? I thought you were leaving and never coming back here?” He asked her hugging her tightly. He had loved her in high school but never had the guts to tell her and seeing her now was bringing back all those old feelings in moments. She still felt the same in his arms as well. “How are you doing?” He asked her.

Pedro frowned as he felt Carmen's hands and heard her voice. He looked at her with scared eyes but started to calm down a bit. He tried to pull away but when she kept him put he gave a heavy sigh letting a single tear fall down his cheek "They want me back....as a trainer for the new recruits...and I...I don't know if I'm ready for it." He whispered to her

Max smiled happily at him and laughed lightly and she pushed some hair behind her ear "Teenage angst, I did leave for a bit but eventually came back." She said softly biting her bottom lip gently as she looked at him. He was still hadsome as ever and it brought butterflies to her stomach. "I'm doing well, how are you? Where did you end up going?" She asked pulling away slightly when she realized she was still in his arms. She had been head over heels in love with him during highschool and when he finally asked her out and he stood her up she had been beyond heart broken about it.

She frowned shaking her head. “If they think you’re ready then you’re ready. You’re not going back on another tour. You’re training baby. You always said flying was your happy place. Plus it’s a promotion, enjoy it, don’t worry so much. I say go for it papí.... you’ll do great.” She murmured kissing him gently. “Get changed. Diners ready.” She murmured going down to sit down with the kids.

Richard smiled some and coughed awkwardly when she asked about his career. “Teen angst? Please you were the happiest teenager I knew.” He teased. “I uh, I became a pilot. Air Force.” He told her. “I’m stationed down the toad for the next year.” He smiled at her

Pedro nodded softly and took a deep breath changing into his regular clothes and made his way downstairs kissing each one of their heads before he sat down "Dinner looks great babe." He said softly before he began to eat

Max laughed some and nodded "I had some moments." She said going a bit wide eyed whem he said he was air force "Really? Military huh? I always thought maybe you'd be an actor or something." She said smiling a bit at him "But air force is nice, how has it been?" She asked

Carmen frowned some and got them eating watching her kids some until afterwards and she put them both up to bed before heading downstairs and climbing over the back of the sofa and sitting behind her husband cross legged, massaging his shoulders for him and moving her fingers up to the back of his head. “That feel nice she murmured smiling. “My professional skills do come in handy at home.” She winked at him and kissed the back of his neck.

richard smiled at her some. “It’s been good. You don’t need to look at me like that I know what I used to say. It came back to bite me is all.” He chuckled quietly. “Good benefits. Decent enough pay.... I could be worse. You wanna go for a coffee and a catch up soon? I need to get back to Lizzie but I’d like to see you again.” He murmured to her.

Pedro groaned softly and smiled some at her "Mmm yes it does." He said softly before taking her hands and kissing her palms gently giving a small sigh "I'll thankfully be stationed here for now, but I might have to go out for a few weeks to be on the boat." He murmured

Max nodded giving a bigger smile "That sounds really nice, I'd like that a lot." She said softly looking at Lizzie as she stood in the doorway waiting for him "Hello Lizzie, you did such a good job in your performance tonight." She said sweetly before waving at her

She smiled and pulled her hands back continuing the massage, “alright. Just let me know when you can okay? I love you and I’m always here in case you need me okay?” She murmured, eventually moving her hands to his hips and pulling him to lay back against her, “mmm I love you papí.” She murmured softly to him, “you wanna go to bed or you think we could fit an episode of Doctor Who in?” She asked him quietly.

Richard smiled and nodded at her, picking Lizzie up to hold on his hip and just watching her with adoration. “You did. I think it deserves a nice dinner out then. Say bye and I’ll uh, I’ll get Nina to give you my number.” He told her with a wink then left carrying Lizzie to the car.

Pedro chuckled softly as he lay with her and gave a small nod "Yeah I think we could fit an episode in." He said happily before he turned to lay on his stomach and let his head rest on her boobs "Mmmm the best spot." He murmured

Lizzie waved goodbye to Max and hugged Richard tight as he walked out with her "Uncle Richard you know Ms.Wends?" She asked quietly giving him a smile

Carmen smiled and gently scratched his head for him making use of her long nails smiling as she felt him groan some. “Alright one episode but you’re gonna suffocate in there, come closer.” She murmured making him move to lay his head at her shoulder, kissing his temple. She knew what she was signing up for when he proposed almost ten years ago and she didn’t mind occasionally giving him all the love if he needed it. She hadnt stuck through everything for money or stubbornness but because she loved him to death and always would. Soon as they were comfy she put the tv on, eventually falling asleep twenty minutes in.

he smiled some and nodded, “hey I’m gonna take this one in my car.” He told his brother making sure he had heard before walking out of the school with her. “I do, we went to school together. Your dad too but I haven’t seen her in a very long time.” He smiled some, “So, I hear tha you wanna come to Scotland next time your dad and I go home.” He smiled at her some, feeling proud she was excited by her Scottish background.

Pedro smiled some and cuddled close to her kissing her neck gently here and there. When he noticed she was asleep he carefully got up and carried her to bed before he went downstairs to turn everything off and go to bed himself

Lizzie smiled wide and nodded some "Yeah yeah! Daddy says I can't have a kilt though...he said they're just for boys." She said giving him an adorable grumpy pout

She grumbled a little but mostly stayed asleep while she was being moved, drifting back to a deep sleep once he had got her in bed for the night smiling anytime he was next to her.

Richard chuckled and smiled at her. “He’s right. Kilts are only for boys. But you can wear anything else you like.” He told her setting her down to get her into the car

Lizzie shrugged some and smiled happily as he helped her buckle up "Uncle Richard Daddy said you're gonna be here more so we get to see you more right?" She asked hopefully

Pedro lay with her and held her close trying to relax and not stress over his new position

Carmen woke up early to the kids climbing all over the bed frowning a bit seeing Pedro wasn’t next to her but she could hear the tv going downstairs and the dog walking around so she guessed he was already up, sending the kids down to watch their cartoons while she got up and enjoyed a couple more minutes to herself before heading down there as well.

he smiled and nodded. “That’s right. I’m gonna be here a lot for the next.... year for now. Maybe more we’ll have to wait and see.” He murmured to her and smiled as she squealed, getting in and driving them to the restaurant while his brother followed.

Pedro smiled some as he saw Carmen come down and waved while he continued his cooking "Good Morning beautiful!" He said happily kissing her cheek gently

Max stood outside of her class the next morning saying good morning to all the children who came in. She smiled wide seeing Lizzie running down the hall like an airplane with Richard close behind her. It made her heart swell seeing how good he was with kids.

Carmen smiled and kissed his cheek, glancing at the time though and went wide eyed. “Pedge the kids are so late!” She yelled quickly, running back upstairs and taking Javi with her to get him dressed and chuck her clothes on too then headed back down and made sure Lily had everything she needed before rushing out with them both, making them say bye to their dad, getting Javi to his kindergarten first then ran lily to school, rushing with her straight to her class, a little out of breath by the time she got there, leaning up against the door for a moment before sending her off and looking at max apologetically. “Pedro decided the kids could have a lie in this morning” she muttered rolling her eyes and looking over at the man standing near her smiling, “I’ll get her normal time today.” She told max before leaving them to it and getting home to find her husband with breakfast finally on the table “They can’t just skip school cause you feel like it.” She laughed finally sitting with him.

Richard has got to the room with Lizzie and dramatically cuddled her before letting her go smiling as she went to sit down and seemed to be saving a seat for someone then turned to max. “Morning, so apparently Nina isn’t gonna give you my number cause I’m a big boy and I can do it myself, so here you go.” He chuckled, about to hand her a piece of paper when he saw a woman running towards them and chuckled as she interrupted him seemingly without realising before leaving them to it And Richard handed the paper to her smiling as he saw the little girl she’d been with run straight over to Lizzie. “Text me, call me, anything you like and soon as I can I will respond to it and we can organise coffee.” He smiled at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back