• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Look How Far We've Fallen [Reboot, Sitll Accepting]

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

Middle

DJ SNAKE

overview.

H
    ello everyone! It's Pride here, and I am back with a friend this time. Love you Terror! This story is actually a blast from the past that Terror and I wanted to reboot. We are looking to keep this group rather small, there are only four labeled roles (gods and vessels) left, but many chances to make an Awakened. The roles taken by Terror and I are noted. This story is a modern fantasy that is mostly character driven, but will include plot arcs with terror and action. We will also be hosting the OOC part of the thread on Discord. If these are things that won't work for you this may not be for you.

Now onto the fun part, the story! We hope you will enjoy it and possibly stick around!

EDIT TO ADD: PLEASE THANK THE BEAUTIFUL TERRORKITTY FOR REWRITING THE INTRO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is based on The Four Symbols, I love exploring other religions and have been reading about these four mythical beasts for some time. To make the story interesting I have made some twists and changes)

The Four Symbols, also known as the Four Guardians, Four Gods, or Four Auspicious Beasts, are mythological creatures in Eastern Asian culture that are believed to be the guardians of the four cardinal directions. These symbols play an important role in religious and spiritual beliefs, with each having its own origin story and unique personality. However, it is important to note that there may be inaccuracies in our understanding of these ancient legends. Our story delves into the true nature of these beings and how they fell from grace.

To begin, the Four Symbols include:

The Azure Dragon of the East, a young Yang spirit representing spring and the element of wood and wind.

The Vermilion Bird of the South, an elder Yang spirit representing Summer and the element of fire.

The White Tiger of the West, a young Yin spirit representing autumn and the element of metal.

The Black Tortoise of the North whose symbol also includes the Black Snake, eternally intertwined with the Black Tortoise, together they are the elder Yin who represent Winter and the element of water and ice.

It is worth noting that there is often an overlooked fifth symbol; the Golden Dragon in the center who watches over the other earthly God, represented by the Earth itself.

The Four Symbols not only represent the cardinal directions, but also rule over their respective seasons and the transitions between them, ensuring that nature stays in balance. A responsibility which included giving their divine protection to the people of their territories.

Though today we only have depictions of them as beasts, in the ancient past, the gods were known to take on human form and would even walk among mortals, but of course these details have faded into whispers of myths and legends until no longer remembered.

During these ancient times the Gods often revealed themselves to humans in order to receive offerings and attend festivals held in their honor. The gods would bestow their blessings and offer aid in battle or other various matters. Though eventually Demons left festering the underworld since they had been separated from the heavens managed to slip between realms to Earth. Spreading their corruption in contest to the Gods, as they would stop at nothing to reach the heavenly realm and claim it for their own.

Earth became a battleground of a holy war for balance in the universe, and humans were caught in the middle. Most sided with the divine gods who they worshiped, raising armies to fight alongside their deities. Yet many fell to the temptations of the Demons, either by trickery or by luring in those who protested the Gods interference with their affairs.

The fighting was a struggle lasting hundreds of years, countless generations of Humans came and went, but the Gods and the Demons remained constant. At least until the Demons unleashed a long awaited plan, when the faith in the gods was weakest they managed to manipulate the Black Tortoise’s own followers against them, a devastating betrayal leading to the first true death of an immortal God in milenia. The Black Snake survived however, and alongside the other four beasts, lashed out in a vicious rage against any and all Humans, those they had sworn to protect. Exactly as the Demons predicted, as their ultimate goal was to spur enough negative energy to corrupt and demonize them.

The other Gods would not let this happen at any cost. So they came up with a plan to subdue the turned gods by sealing their powers in human vessels who were pure of heart, forcing them to protect humans partly for their own survival. The plan was successful, but the relationship between the gods and humans was forever changed. Humans continued to worship the gods, but began to distance themselves, eventually forgetting about them almost entirely as time passed and magic faded from the Earth after the remaining deities finished the war, and sealed the underworld once more. As the mortal realm healed, it began to lose its magic and the Gods were left unable to return aside from answering minor prayers and enacting occasional miracles from the heavens.

In fear that the Four Symbols could not be released from their bindings, as they would only try to harm humans again, the beasts were forbidden from returning to heaven and fully sealed away by the humans they were bound to. This allowed Humans to pretend that none of these fantastical events ever happened.

In the present day, the gods are still respected, and people are still aware of the Four Auspicious Beasts among the other Gods, but they do not know the true story. The four chosen families who became the vessels of the Four Symbols have never forgotten their role in helping humanity recover. Each generation was taught about where their gifts come from. As when they became the vessels for the four gods' powers, they also gained abilities of their own through their respective Gods. These abilities were primarily a resistance, control, and immunity to the elements of their God, so when called forth to aid, they would be unable to harm their Humans they were bound to protect.

There is only one vessel in each generation, and another vessel can be born only when the previous one passes away. The current vessels do not fully believe in the Four Symbols story that their ancestors have been telling for generations, until an event triggers the release of the heavenly beasts.

Demons had somehow found a way back into the mortal realm, leaving the Golden Dragon, the only God in heaven with a strong connection to the Earth, no other choice but to end his disciples' punishment as even He is unable to return in order to deal with the new rising threat of corruption and chaos. Leaving the Four Auspicious Beasts and their vessels as Earth’s last defense against the destruction of everything.

intro

roles

rules

We were Gods,

Respected, Powerful,
Loved

genre

KRP, Fantasy, Romance

status

accepting

gms

Pride (Me) & TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

Gods & Vessels open

3/8

questions?

Feel free to ask any questions

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

MAJOR UPDATE
Hello everyone, old friends and new. Kitty and I have done some major revisions to this thread, including making new roles for people to apply to and changing up the application process. We are still keeping roles open to all applications, so many people can apply to one role, but we are going to be closing this in rounds. The first round of applications will be closing on February 10th, but fret not, if you don't make it through the first round. The second round of applications will be closing on February 14th. The discord server is linked in the main interest check where you can chat with the other applicants or me and Terror, or you reach out to us privately. A new CS thread will be made for the new round process which I shall be making soon.

As for
SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles , spacepanda spacepanda , cherry lips cherry lips , and a z u l a a z u l a
Feel free to transfer your sheets to the new CS Thread when it is ready.

Excited to see what comes!

New CS Up
I have started the new CS Thread, and added when round one closes!

ROUND TWO BEGINS

Goodmorning everyone! Today marks the first day of round two of applications! During round one we only closed the North Vessel so there are still three labeled roles that are open. Those are the Vermilion Bird, Azure Dragon, and The West Vessel. We have not taken any Awakened character yet so feel free to toss your ideas into that as well.

Round Two closes on February 14th, you can also hop onto the discord server if you want to. TerrorKitty TerrorKitty and I are always happy to help character craft or just answer any questions you may have.

Just a bump for the interest check. Terror and I are discussing extending the deadline of round two of applications.

mochi bun mochi bun Awesome! TerrorKitty TerrorKitty and I were discussing pushing back the deadline date and with some many open roles still. We would love to see what you may bring to the table!

hi! is this still open to other applicants? the concept looks so interesting and i would love to join

armeen armeen Yes, we still have open God and Vessel roles, and we are happy to allow bring in Awakened characters as well.

ah i’m so happy to hear that! will definitely check out the cs thread in a moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back