• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Look How Far We've Fallen (IC Thread)

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

Middle

DJ SNAKE

opening.

I
    t was the beginning of January, winter had officially set in and there was a type of excitement in the air around this time. With the last bits of Christmas leaving everyone's system the people were preparing for the New Year. That was always an exciting time. It was the time of year when families would gather and celebrate the time they had spent together. The things they accomplished. And was to come with the coming of the new year. The new year symbolized new beginnings, new chances, and change. Things were certainly about to change indeed. However, the mortal population was blissfully unaware of the terror brewing underneath their noses. Their lack of unawareness certainly made it much easier for the demons they tried so hard to get rid of centuries ago to integrate into their way of life. The gods must be so disappointed in the creatures they tried so hard to protect. Unfortunately, with how weak their grasp on humanity had become, there was virtually no way for them to warn the people about beings they were inviting into their lives. Eun-Yeong, however, was not bothered to see the humans descend into such a pitiful state. It was what they deserved after everything they had done to her and her family.

Han Eun-Yeong, even in death she knew who she was, and what they had done to her. Just thinking about how everything was taken from her so easily made her blood boil. It used to be a foreign feeling, but now Eun-Yeong was used to this unending hatred that was seeded in her heart. The only thing she regretted was that she couldn’t be the one to lead the destruction of mankind. Instead, she was forced to watch. To look down upon the mindless beings as the first stage of the end crept ever closer. Eun-Yeong sighed in an almost bored manner from her place atop the building across the street from the place the vessels had agreed to meet at this time. She was clothed entirely in black, her attire making her fit right in with all the formal businessmen. Her dark hair styled in gentle waves hung down her back. Eun-Yeong was proud of how she managed to fit in with the humans. If she had tried to be one of them during the time of Gods they would have recognized her immediately. It was almost nice to not be recognized for once. Just as she was starting to consider leaving, Eun-Yeong’s sharp gaze locked onto the vessels.

They hadn’t all come in at once, but she knew every one of them by heart. There is the vessel Ok Kiwoo, an odd fellow that she didn’t quite understand. They were the youngest of the four containers of power. Their flower shop was a pleasant place that reminded Eun-Yeong of a certain tigress. The sweet personality that hid their cutting tongue certainly interested her. The second of the vessels was a girl from Jeju island. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, in Eun-Yeong’s opinion at least, but her love for music was cute in a way. She was curious to find out whose vessel she was. Moon Junsu was also one of the vessels. He had lived a bit of rougher life up until now, having spent some time behind bars. Eun-Yeong almost felt sympathy for the poor kid. He already dealt with a lot and was going to lose any sort of normalcy he had regained. Then there was Eun-Yeong’s favorite vessel, which was Jimin. She absolutely adored the woman and her drive to do what was necessary. Even if the methods were not the most kosher. She was looking forward to seeing what Jimin would do. If Eun-Yeong didn’t need her to die in order to bring her husband and family back. She would have considered finding a way to keep her around.

”Have all of them gathered Tortoise? Eun-Yeong rolled her eyes at the way the demon talked down to her. Just because she was one of them now didn’t mean they had the right to speak to her like that. ”For future reference, I suggest you watch your tone.” She glared back at the pathetic creature, veins of black crawled up the side of her face. ”Or you may just regret it.” She smiled cheerfully at the thing, and it seemed to get the message. Pleased with how the demon shrunk away from her, Eun-Yeong looked back at the mall the vessels had gathered in. ”The stars are in their places, let the show begin.” Shortly after she had spoken the whole ground shook, red flames billowed into the morning air, those who were unfortunate enough to be walking by were launched back by the force, and the sounds of terrified screams tied the whole scene together. ”There is nothing like watching something burn while it snows. Eun-Yeong held out her hand to catch a few flakes of snow in her hand. Believing that their job was well down, the demon who had appeared behind her disappeared from the scene in a puff of black smoke. But Eun-Yeong wasn’t done yet. There was something she had to do.

Eun-Yeong pushed her form forward, channeling her godly powers she landed safely on the ground below. She was unbothered by the cries for help and fear as she stepped her way through the crowd into the flames. She wasn’t even bothered by the heat, using her control over water to create a path for herself. All she needed to do was follow the trail of demons, and they would all lead her to where they had cornered the vessels. ’You are not to interfere.’ The warning of the one who brought her back from the grave rang through her mind. But when had she ever listened to them anyway. Eun-Yeong found that it took very little effort to find the vessels. The poor things were being cornered by a snarling pack of bulgae that were emerging from the flames. ”There you are, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find you.” Her voice was swallowed by the roaring flames, but it was almost like they complimented her smooth tone. Eun-Yeong tucked her hands into the pockets of her suit pants, completely unbothered by their current predicament. ”I realize this might be a bit jarring for you all, but there is just one little thing I want to say.” She didn’t even know if they would survive this endeavor, but if they managed to make it out somehow she wanted to leave them with a little something.

”I would look to the North this New Year because winter is far from over and things are just starting to get interesting.” Just like with her encounter with the demon earlier, black veins crawled up the side of her face like an infection as an unusual cold pushed back the heat of the flames for just a moment. ”Those who have been sleeping for many years will finally be joining us again. I hope you are looking forward to it, that is if you make it out of here.” Eun-Yeong was a hundred percent sure that the bulgae would make quick work of the vessels. And they would become just another name on the list of people who had perished in this unfortunate accident. She had not anticipated a sudden snap in tension. There was no other way to describe it. One moment she was sure everyone was gonna die and the next she felt surrounded by a power that she knew all too well. Her dark eyes went wide as she realized that she needed to get the hell out of there. Right now. In a second Eun-Yeong fled, and just in time too. The blinding golden light that encircled the vessels was a reminder that even if the gods weren’t present they were still around.

Eun-Yeong stayed around to watch the light dim, and she could not believe her eyes. There they were. Her family. Her friends. The Four Symbols. Standing in this hellscape like hadn’t been sealed away for centuries now. Eun-Yeong felt her composure crumble for just a moment as she looked over all their faces. How she longed to be by their side once more. ’You can’t’ She was a demon now and the Golden Dragon would make sure they protected their vessels. If they saw her they would just kill her. With a heavy heart, Eun-Yeong slipped away. Leaving the other gods to deal with the aftermath of the situation she helped create.

intro

cast

Look How Far

We've
Fallen

time

11:00 A.M. , Morning

date

January 1st, 20XX

Somewhere in Seoul

status

closed

♡coded by uxie♡

Jimin |

• Mood

Annoyed -- Confused AF

Ji-Min groaned as her brother's home phone rang annoyingly throughout the quiet high rise apartment. "Let me fuccking sleeep god damnn." she continued to complain until it finally cut to voicemail, throwing a pillow over her head. The young woman had stayed up pretty late last night threatening to burn some assholes hair off for 팔백만 ₩ (8 Million Won) until he revealed the location of some USB stick that one of the local crime bosses, Kungae, had been searching all over for.

Ji-Min froze when the she heard her sister voice "Hey little sis, it's been a while since I last called. I've heard you've been doing good work in doing fire fighting in seoul. It's super cool and I'm really proud of you!. . But there's um, something I need to ask you to do for me. I-I know that you pray to the Vermillion Bird anymore and it's just silly tradition stuff... But Mom really thought it was special and as you probably already know I've been the one to typically go to the meetings alone since mom passed... However, I've been caught up in some um, complications? I can't make it. It's been a lot harder since they moved to meet in seoul but I know your close so could you please go for me? Just this once? Mom would have-... I'm sorry. Just... Think about it? Please?" there was a beep and then silence.

Jimin was crying under her pillow. Why did her sister keep bringing up Mom and the stupid traditions that wasted their families life. Why couldn't Kyu-Ri just stop trying, just give up. Go away... These thoughts carried on until she eventually fell back asleep.

Eventually however, she was woken up by a cat pushing on the pillow resting on Jimin's face. After carefully moving it aside she yawned and stood up. Shuffling through the apartment at least pretend to be productive today. It was freezing outside, so staying in was probably a good bet anyway. The weather lately had been pretty harsh, even going out last night she'd thought many times of lighting the guy up just to warm her hands.

She'd found a sticky note on the counter left by her brother; probably last night meaning she'd missed him.. Again. She ignored it until she was done feeding the various cats and had finally made her own breakfast. "Ok oppa what's it going to be this time?" She sighed quietly, but all the note said was "look up." Weirdly minimal, normally he'd make it a bit more challenging to solve. Per the instructions Jimin looked up to see a small box taped to the ceiling. "Of course." The small woman was easily eclipsed by her older brother, there was no way she was going to be able to peel it off without a ladder she definitely didn't have.

Jimin found herself glaring at the box, mustering all the angst she had available on this lazy day while she quietly ate her scrambled eggs. She was going to get that present no matter what. So of course she climbed onto the counter, but even then it wasn't quite enough. Reaching up onto her tippy toes, Jimin finally managed to grip a piece of the tape until....

There was a sudden shuddering vibration that rattled through the building, quickly followed by a loud boom and shockwave causing her to lose balance and fall to the floor. "What the fucking hell?!" She screamed, mostly from pent up frustration as Jimin was rather unscathed aside from a slight headache and a sore spot on her butt. All the cats had screamed too, and we're now all huddling around the dazed woman as she tried to get enough off her to get back up. Before she could do anything else the apartment phone rang again "Kim you better get down to station now, all hands on deck. There's been a explosion at the World Lotte Tower and fire is already going out of control. You'll be with eighth squad this time. Gods be damned we already have confirmed deaths?! Get those ambulances out of here now! Minji I need every hospital in seoul on the line-" the phone cut off. Jimin was stunned but she knew the Fire Chief well, she'd never witnessed him seeming so panicked before. Whatever was going on it was big.

__ __ __

Jimin ran into the Gangnam Station which was busier than she'd ever seen. There was usually a lot of activity but not like this. Everyone seemed preoccupied so she quickly signed herself with Minji, one of the six front desk secretaries who was barely able to acknowledge her with all the calls they were was managing at once. Jimin quickly hurried to get her uniform on, Taiji was there glaring at her the whole time "Thought you'd be faster than that little Sae-Hwa, but I guess it takes a while to put on make up before trying to save lives." Taiji chuckled with a few of his lackies, three stooges more like. "Fuck off." She responded while flipping her off and stuffing a red feather into her pocket. It was the present in the box, but now something unexpected. She'd get them every once and while and kept them for good luck, even though Jimin was never sure where her brother got them from. "Firey today! Making a offering to the Vermillion Bird huh? Gonna run into the fire and make yourself a sacrifice this time? Crazy bitch. I heard your cuckoo sister was planning on going to the Lotte Tower today, don't tell me she asked you to go instead? Very noble sacrifice indeed." He kept blabbing away but Jimin was already more than over it. Family friend her ass, Taiji was scum. "Do your fucking job and I'll do mine." She hissed as she walked past, shoving his helmet into his stomach rather hard, the other guys backing off "Dude she's going to kill you, you know that right? Jimin's fucking insane, you heard how she killed the kids who bullied her before running away to Seoul, best not to get on her bad side." One of them said "Taiji, bro you're a Deadman." Said another "Can you guys get ready? We have casualties piling up." One of the few other girls chastised before following after Jimin. There were many rumors about the Jimin specifically, partly from her vague past and for the fact that she often took serious risks during operations despite always coming back unscathed. Many assumed she was unhinged, which she didn't mind. Especially if it kept them off her back.

The ride over to the Tower was a short one, but trying to navigate the traffic and panicking civilians was no easy task. Many of the teams had to get off a block or more away and race to the ground floor on foot. Paramedics were already on scene trying to get people away from danger while also trying to treat the critical injuries as soon as possible. 8th squadron went in through the emergency entrance, shouting for people to come to their direction while simultaneously heading deeper into the building. The smoke was thick but ventilation was luckily still working well enough to force the fumes outside. The team had to use their on hand extinguishers as they moved along, but the fire was spreading upwards and out of their reach. The threat of collapse was seemingly growing as updates blared from their walkies. Jimin was helping a young girl out and sending them to their waiting family when she overheard something over the radio chatter; the evacuation was going well, but there were some floors too difficult to reach because the heat was too high to send anyone into those stairwells. "Fuck." She recognized one of the areas mentioned, the group her sister had mentioned that morning. Pursing her lips Jimin ignored whatever people were shouting at her. The girl didn't know exactly why she cared about these strangers so much or even anything having to do with her older sister but she went anyway. Racing up the stairwell, her legs were on fire as she rushed passes teams trying to control the inferno just behind impassable areas, again ignoring their gasps of shock at the screamed at her. Jimin kept going anyway, the burning in her legs was from exhaustion more than anything else. None of the heat bothered her in the slightest, in fact it felt pretty soothing. Massaging her muscles as she trudged forward through flames and debris. Her mask made it easier to breathe at least as the smoke was the only thing that really affected her.

Eventually she made it to her destination.

__ __

Jimin's fire axe came down heavy into the Bulgea's skull, caving it in but before she could pull it out the metal axe head had melted. "What the fuck?!" She looked around at all the people standing before her. There were only four when she ran in but now there were seven? Though one she saw before was suddenly missing... But it was hard to tell through the sudden flashes of light that had stunned her momentarily. Four of them were dressed in some fancy only clothing, stuff out of the picture books her mom used to read to her about the ancient world before them. "Get back!" She yelled taking out her smaller hatchet to face the other flaming dogs still remaining. She had no idea what the hell was going on, but these weren't normal fucking dogs.

Step Back

G.O.T

♡coded by uxie♡

Cheon Su-Jin

• mood

Oh fuck, oh shit

Ever since Su-Jin had moved to Seoul, December and January had easily become the busiest months of her year. Not because she was especially swapped with lessons or helping her friends with a modeling project. Instead, all of her time was spent with her family. It had been five years since she had made the move from Jeju island. But every time December rolled around she felt obligated to visit the family she had left behind. Su-Jin thought if she visits at least once a year that her family would calm down about her leaving, somewhat. ”You know how they are, they have latched onto you as the “vessel”, so they are not gonna like that you left the shrine.” Su-Jin sighed into the speaker of her phone. She could hear the way her aunt air-quoted ‘vessel’ just by the tone of her voice alone.
“I know, but I feel like this is all I can do to avoid being forced to come in the Spring,”
Su-Jin shifted to hold her phone with her head and shoulder to grab her apartment keys
“Which I will not go through again.”
. With minimal struggle, Su-Jin was able to unlock her apartment without having to pause her conversation with her aunt.

Now that she had freed up her hand she could hold the phone properly. ”Trust me, no one wants a repeat of that time you visited in the Spring. I swear I almost went back home to knock my own mother’s teeth out.” Su-Jin aunt had never really had a close relationship with the rest of the family because of their, frankly, quite unhealthy devotion to the Azure Dragon. So Su-Jin knew that she was being dead serious.
“We can not go around knocking people’s teeth out, no matter how much we want to.”
Su-Jin scolded in a playful manner, making her aunt sigh in exaggerated defeat. Su-Jin had a bit of a weird relationship with her aunt. She never really viewed her as someone above her like she did with the rest of the family, but instead, she was more of a friend. Always there for her, helping her find the kind of life she wanted to live. ”Well, I am happy you are back now, I should probably let you go now.” Su-Jin smiled at the softer tone of voice her aunt had, it always made her feel like she was home.
“I have a lesson tomorrow that I still need to prepare for, so yeah I should probably get to that.”
With that Su-Jin said her goodbyes to her aunt before ending their call.

After hanging up the phone, Su-Jin let out a breath of relief. She could feel the weight she had picked up from her family fall from her shoulders. Standing in the middle of her apartment eased her mind. It was her safe haven. The place where she could recharge after a long day. ‘More like a long week.’ Su-Jin’s family had tried to convince her to stay longer, but she didn’t think her mental health could have survived any more time around them. It wasn’t that she didn’t love them. ‘It’s just everything else about them.’ Su-Jin abandoned her luggage in the living room of her apartment. Making a mental note to collect it before heading to her lesson tomorrow. The sudden feeling of exhaustion urged her to get some sleep instead of dealing with it right now. ‘Will I regret it in the morning, maybe.’ With that dealt with Su-Jin shuffled down the hall to her right to get ready for bed. It was always during this time that her mind decided to reflect on the week that she had spent at the shrine with her family. She could really say she hated every second of it since for the most part, everyone tried their best to respect her decision. Her grandparents however still acted like her leaving would spell the end of their family as they knew it.

It was really starting to wear down her sanity. ‘You don’t have to deal with that anymore, just breathe.’ She didn’t want to get worked up over nothing. Plus it wasn’t like she had no one to talk about this with. When she had finished up her nightly routine she picked up her phone to text one of her good friends in Seoul. This friend was none other than Ok Kiwoo. After moving to Seoul she was able to spend more time with the other kids of the ‘vessel families’ and she found that she and Kiwoo got along rather well. She would even sometimes help them out at their flower shop. ‘Is the meet-up still happening tomorrow?’ She repeated the message she wanted to send in her head before actually sending it out. Suddenly worrying if she would be bothering Kiwoo she checked the time. ‘It’s only ten o’clock, it should be fine.’ After confirming that the meeting was still going on tomorrow she made sure to put it into the schedule. She could wait to let off some steam with the other ‘vessel’ kids. She would have to watch what she said around Kyu-Ri but she was sure the others would understand her struggles.

Feeling good about tomorrow, Su-Jin turned in for the night to get some sleep for tomorrow. That January morning she was up early to get everything ready for her lesson that day and get her luggage at least somewhat cleaned up before she left the apartment for the day. ‘Okay I have everything now.’ She stood at the entrance of the apartment, her black guitar leaning against the wall where she kept her shoes, she had checked everything ready for the lesson today, and she had all of her things to meet up with the other later that morning.
“Okay we should be good to go now.”
She was confident that she hadn’t forgotten anything this time. Su-Jin tugged on her faded white sneakers after she slung her bag over her shoulder. With her guitar case in hand, she opened up the door to her apartment. Just as she pulled it open a strong gust of wind ripped the doorknob from her hand to slam the door of her home shut. At first, Su-Jin just stared in shock at the door before letting out an annoyed huff.
“Oh no, we are not doing this today.”
It has been a while since the winds had reacted this strongly but she didn’t see any visible danger.
“You are not trapping me in my house.”
Su-Jin was fully prepared to fight this force that had followed her for years in order to leave her apartment.

But she couldn’t lie and say that the wind’s reaction to her trying to leave didn’t make her feel nervous. It only ever did that if she was walking into something really dangerous. But as the day morning trudged on. ‘What had it been so worried about?’ She still couldn’t figure out what had caused the winds to act so suddenly. Even as she was heading towards the agreed meeting spot where the other kids were gathering. Pulling her phone from her pocket she checked the time to make sure she was going to be arriving on time. As she approached the mall she was surrounded by a sudden strong wind that pushed her back. Su-Jin at the moment was glad she put on a pair of leggings under her jeans to fight back the winter chill. She felt frustration bubble up in her gut and stood in the spot the wind had dragged her to with a tense posture. ‘Can’t wait till we are alone can you.’ She asked inside her head. The only response she got was another gust of wind trying to blow her back. Tiny snowflakes were tossed into her face, as if it was really trying to prove a point. ‘Alright, I see how it is then.’ She nodded to herself, already having made up her mind about the whole thing. And she was not going to let a wind spirit, or whatever it was, stop her from seeing her friends.

‘Besides there is nothing to worry about, I’m in a public place.’ Su-Jin reasoned, but this didn’t seem to calm her protector any since she fought against the strong breeze the whole rest of the way. It didn’t help that she was the only person that seemed to be affected by the whole thing.
“I have words for you.”
She angrily mumbled under her breath as she was smacked in the face by another wave of snowflakes.
“Just wait until we get home.”
She whispered into the wind. Ever since she was little Su-Jin had been looked after by something she couldn’t explain. It always acted like the wind and the breezing. Pulling her along and keeping her from danger. It was why her grandparents saw her as the vessel. They explained it has the spirit of the Azure Dragon protecting through his source of power. And while Su-Jin never really believed that she knew that there was something protecting her. Even when she didn’t want it to. However, there was a sense of accomplishment when she finally got inside the mall. Even with all the melting snow in her clothes and hair. Now all she had to worry about was finding her friends. Pulling out her phone again as she went deeper into the mall she was just about to text to see where her friends were.

There was a sudden chill on the back of her neck as she walked, and she paused everything. It was almost unnoticeable and if she hadn’t been somewhat alert because of what happened earlier that day she probably never would have noticed it. The only thing she could compare it to was when a ghost would breathe on the main character in a film. ‘Something is wrong here.’ But it had all clicked too late. The next seconds become a blur as her ears rang from the series of explosions that went off around the mall. By some miracle, none were directly next to her, but few were spared in the initial blasts. Su-Jin didn’t know when she had ducked or when she closed her eyes, but when she opened her eyes there was debris everywhere except where she was crouched.
“Holy shit, I am so sorry for yelling at you.”
She sobbed into the open air when she realized that once again that she had been saved by her invisible friend. But it was not over yet. Looking around Su-Jin tried to get a bearing on her surroundings. ‘The flames haven’t gone too far yet.’ She looked up into the Lotte World Tower, trying to squint through the building smoke. ‘The stairs still look intact.’ Without even thinking twice about it, Su-Jin tossed her guitar aside and beelined for the extravagant stairs that would eventually lead her to the upper levels.

Su-Jin had a spare guitar at home but she didn’t have spare friends. She was half expecting her spirit friend, or at least she always assumed it was a spirit, to try and stop her. But instead, she felt like she was pushed forward. And maybe it was the adrenaline but she knew that she was not alone. At first, the only trouble Su-Jin faced was getting around the chunks of walls and tipped over displays to get to the floor that held the meeting room for the vessel families. She couldn’t say how far up she was when the shape of a dog emerged from the flames in front of her. Snarling, as what Su-Jin could only describe as lava dripped from its parted jaws. Su-Jin froze as her blood ran cold. Now she may have never had the best survival instincts in the past, but for once her gut told her something important. Whatever this creature was, it was looking for something. ‘I have to get past it.’ She could try running past and praying that it wouldn’t be faster than her. But after looking over this flaming nightmare, she quickly ditched that game plan. ‘I have already come this far, and I am not going back.’ Glancing back she could see that the fire had spread an alarming amount. Making it more dangerous to make the journey back down the stairs.

Turning her gaze back to where the creature was she saw that it was gone, leaving a trail of charred paw prints in its place. ‘Wherever it went, I hope that it stays over there.’ Su-Jin waited for a second before bolting past where the fire dog had been. The rest of the journey up was rather uneventful and soon she was face to face with Kiwoo and Junsu.
“Oh my god, you guys are okay!”
She ran to them, pushing herself onto the tip of her toes to hug the both of them around the neck. Su-Jin quickly pulled herself away from them when she remembered what situation they were in currently.
“I’m so glad I found you two.”
She smiled at the two of them before whipping her head around to see if their exit was still open.
“Okay, it is time to get the hell out of here.”
As soon as those words left her mouth there was a cacophony of growls and snarls from all sides. Su-Jin already knew what was making those sounds. Turning to face the dogs she could now clearly see their shapes. Even in the smoke and flames, their eyes burned brightly through the haze.

Su-Jin stepped back towards Kiwoo and Junsu, standing protectively in front of them.
“Nevermind then.”
She mumbled under her breath as the large creatures pressed in closer. She didn’t want to think that they would die here, but it was really hard to see a positive outcome when they were surrounded on all sides. That’s when that woman came. Dressed in a fancy business style suit and a way to calm look on her voice. If Su-Jin wasn’t already confused she certainly was now. Her head spun from all the smoke and the cryptic words that just left that strange woman.
“What does that even mean?”
She hadn’t really meant to say it out loud but she just needed to express something. Anything.
“What is even happening right now?”
She felt so lost right now. And while she was all for going with the flow, this was not something she had signed up for. It would appear that she wasn’t the only one confused either because the firewoman who had entered the fray looked equally if not more lost than Su-Jin was. Not that she blamed her, they had all just watched her axe melt after making contact with one of the flaming creatures.

The businesswoman didn’t seem at all phased by these events, that is until there was a blinding gold light Su-Jin closed her eyes out of instinct, so she had no idea what had transpired until the burning white faded from behind her eyelids. Slowly Su-Jin cracked up her eyes, greeted by an unpleasant burn from all the smoke in the air, and four new figures. Dressed in really weird clothes. ‘Well I guess not weird, just out of place.’ Her gaze found the one closest to her, the first thing that stood out to her was his aqua-colored eyes. Even in the smoke, she could see the magnificent color. ‘Oh I am definitely dead.’ All she could do was stare into their eyes, surprisingly she felt comforted by their presence like she was already familiar with them. The silence was broken by the woman who had axed the bulgae, then another voice entered the exchange. (Yunseo).
“Hey Birde, did you start another fire?”
If Su-Jin didn’t know where things were heading before, she certainly didn’t know now.

Speech:
"this is a dialogue."

Thought: 'Text'

only exception

Rosé

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

the west vessel

ok kiwoo

mood

fire?????

outfit

lotte world tower

interactions

pretty much everybody

"Greenie," their grandmother started through the phone. "I know how you feel about these meetings but..." she trails off. Her voice was as gentle and quiet as it usually was. She had always been such a soft-spoken woman; this only became more apparent with her age. Kiwoo doesn't remember a time when she ever raised her voice at them. Not that she ever had to, Kiwoo prided themselves on being such a good boy while growing up.

"You can't skip out on this one this time!" And there it was. "It's very important that you and the others keep in touch. No excuses this time!!" she said. The way she emphasized her words made it seem like all of this was urgent.

He had to bit back a sigh. Truth be told, Kiwoo would literally rather do anything else. He'd grown out of believing that god and vessel nonsense a long, long time ago. The pressure that was put on him was enough to drive him into the worst mental state he'd ever been in and after years of distancing himself from that aspect of his life he didn't want to throw away all of that progress. And yet...he couldn't say no to his grandmother. He'd been making excuses as to why he couldn't show up for a while now, but, alas, the jig is up.

"Halmi I don't know," they trailed off, uncertain. At this point, they couldn't even be bothered to make up an excuse. "You know I don't believe in that stuff anymore..."

They could feel their grandmother's spirits drop from the other side of the phone. Her disappointed sigh fills them with instant regret. They always hated disappointing her. She's done everything she can to raise them in the wake of their mother's death and their father's disappearance, so they've always done everything they could to please her. At a certain point, though, they learned that it was okay to put themself first—even if it disappointed those close to them.

"Kiwoo please," she said suddenly. It took them off guard as she almost never called them by their name. It was always Greenie or Kiki. "I have a feeling that this meeting will be very important. You need to be there sweetie."

There was a beat of silence between them. Kiwoo tried to hold out, he really did, but, of course, he was weak for his grandmother. She always knew just what to say.
"I suppose I can go this one time," he says with a shake of his head. "But you and Halbi owe me!" His grandmother cheered in his ear and began rambling on about preparations she had to make. Something about talking to somebody's parents, and he just let it happen. Despite his apprehension to go, he did enjoy how excited she sounded once he agreed. Little victories, I guess.

That conversation happened almost a week ago, and even then it had yet to leave his mind. The night before, he lay in his bed staring blankly at his ceiling. He'd just gotten done watering all of his plants (both in the shop below and in his home) and now it was time for him to sleep, but of course it evades him. His grandmother's words echo in his mind, bouncing and reverberating off of his skull.

This meeting will be very important.

They scoff. She always says that.

Before they could get even further into their thoughts, their phone vibrates with a text. They're quick to read it and smile a little to themself. It was Su-Jin! If there was one thing they were glad about when it came to this meeting, it was the fact that they knew they weren't alone in thinking this whole thing was kind of ridiculous.
"unfortunately so," they texted back quickly.

Not too soon after that they, luckily, fell asleep. When they woke up the next morning they almost didn't get out of bed.
"Let's get this over with," he said to no one in particular and started to get ready for the day.

They didn't put much effort into their outfit, preferring something quick, simple, and casual. It was freezing outside too, so they put on something that layered well and held warmth. Kiwoo took their time getting ready, honestly. Being already in Seoul it wouldn't take them long to get to the meeting place. Even if they left late, they knew they'd be the first person at the meeting—they always were.

When he eventually did leave his apartment, the first step he took outside sent shivers up his spine—and not because of the cold. Something felt off, but he couldn't quite place it. With knitted eyebrows, they locked their door behind them and just stood on their front steps for a moment. It was weird. A pit at the bottom of their stomach began to form and they wanted nothing more than to turn back around and forego any promise they made to their grandmother. They knew they couldn't do that, though, and started their journey with a sigh.

It didn't take long for them to get to the Lotte World Tower and, surprise surprise, they were the first one there. Shocker.

Kiwoo pulled his sleeves over his hand and breathed into his cupped palms. Despite being inside, his fingers were still a bit numb from the cold. Impossibly bored already, he wondered how long it would take for the rest of the so-called "vessels" to show up. He chuckled dryly at that thought. There was nothing more he hated than being called a vessel all of his life. It felt dehumanizing and wrong, but no matter how many times he asked his family to stop calling him that it never worked. As much as he hated it, he eventually got used to it, no longer batting an eye whenever an aunt of his called him the great western vessel or something along the lines of that.

Lucky for him, he didn't have to wait much longer as a familiar face fills his vision. A small smile makes a home on his lips, warm and welcoming. "Junsu," he called out with a wave. He walked over and met the other halfway. "It's been a while!" they greeted, pleasantly. Kiwoo was pretty close with Junsu too, only a little less than he was with Su-Jin. The redhead was the closest thing to a brother that he would ever get.

They go to say more but don't get the chance to as a huge explosion sounds from somewhere else within the building followed by the shrill blare of the building's fire alarm going off. It shakes the ground and they nearly fall over. It happens so suddenly that they almost don't register it, only reacting with a surprised yelp. Panic shoots through their being as they swing their head around to look for the source of the explosion to no avail. If they listened hard enough they could hear screams coming from all around them and it scares the hell out of them.

"We have to get out of here!" he announces the obvious to Junsu. Immediately he heads over toward the nearest door as it led to the stairwell. He didn't trust the elevators, for obvious reasons. As soon as he opens the door, though, he is presented with the image of a black and red blur sprinting past the door and down the stairwell. On pure instinct alone they slam the door and nearly jump out of their skin. Stumbling backward, he stares at the door in fear. "What the hell was that?!" he yells in shock. Kiwoo rarely ever raises his voice, even in moments of fear, but it was different this time, it seemed.

Too scared to try the door again, Kiwoo backed up and pulled Junsu along with him. "We—uh, we have to find another way down," they said, stumbling over their words.

Much to their surprise, though, not too long after Su-Jin comes sprinting through the door and wrapping them both up in a hug. Too shocked to hug back, they just pat her back before pulling away and asking, "Did you see that...thing?" Worry and fear laced their usually calm tone.

Of course, he didn't even have to wait for her answer before a chorus of growls make answer in her stead. With wide eyes, he stares and unconsciously takes a step or two back from whatever the hell those things were. They looked like dogs, but Kiwoo knew better. Kiwoo knew animals, he had a special connection with them. Those things weren't something he could connect with. In the place of the warmth of a soul that Kiwoo always felt from animals, there was nothing. It was, ironically, cold and endless. He didn't like it at all.

Emerging from the smoke came a firewoman with an ax. She smashed one of those demon dog's head into two and before Kiwoo could even react to that a lady who looked far too calm for the situation suddenly stood before them. There was too much going on at once, they could definitely feel a headache coming along.

As the well-dressed lady spoke, Kiwoo's eyebrows knit together in confusion. Those who have been sleeping? What the hell was she talking about?

And if it seemed like they couldn't get even more confused, a blinding light lit up the room and in its wake left three overdressed people that felt all way too familiar for complete strangers. What the hell was going on?

♡coded by uxie♡

of all the things junsu did not need at ass o'clock in the morning after forgetting his nicotine patch on the kitchen counter and nearly meeting his maker at the hands of a skateboarder bent on weaving his way through the crowd of pedestrians occupying the sidewalk, topping the list was the particularly mousey-faced middle-aged woman demanding that he remake her americano and refund her because the espresso supposedly tasted old.

"miss, you watched me make the espresso right in front of you," he attempted to rationalize with the overbearing lady, customer service smile plastered on his face hiding his deep-seated irritation. "i guarantee that we always use fresh espresso in our coffee drinks."

the lady huffed, brow furrowing in displeasure as she took a step closer. "are you trying to tell me i'm lying? kids these days have no respect for their elders! where's your manager? bring him out right now!" after half an hour of bickering with his stone-faced manager unproductively, the lady left the shop fuming, swearing on her son's marriage that she'd never visit their establishment again as long as she lived.

his manager muttered an "amen" in response before smacking junsu's arm with a stirring spoon. "what's with you and attracting all the karens in seoul? it won't be long before they band together and unionize against us."

"they can do whatever the fuck they want. if they go too far, i'll just chop them up into jeotgal."

another harder smack to his arm, this time with a harsh tsk in disapproval. "aish, do you have to be so vulgar all the time? seriously... where'd you even learn to talk like that?"

"seoul detention center."

" . . . "

needless to say, junsu was in a real pissy mood.

from then on, any further disturbances to his usually uneventful day-to-day routine were met with a solid cold shoulder and clipped smile for the sake of his own sanity before he actually did jump the next person who pushed his buttons. while junsu typically prided himself on his exceptionally thick skin after several years of perfecting the food service hospitality act, something felt particularly off when he clocked in that morning, a feeling he couldn't quite grasp, yet permeated deep into his bones to unsettle him from within.

by the time his shift was over, junsu had moved past his annoyance to mere exhaustion from spending the last six hours on his feet during the peak of the cafe's customer traffic. thankfully, his bartending shift that night had been covered by a new hire so he was off for the rest of the day, leaving him completely free to meet up with his friends at the lotte world tower for as long as he wanted.

as much as junsu loved seeing the people he holds in his heart, the reality of his living situation made finding free time outside of work to goof around next to impossible. his apartment in seoul wasn't particularly dingy, but it was by no means a luxury apartment worth the astronomical rent he was paying for it every month. he was lucky to have gotten his renter's application for such a decent area close to his workplace as a tatted-up ex-felon approved in the first place; he had no plans of fucking up his income and getting evicted if he could avoid it.

with a deep inhale of fresh, outdoor air filling his lungs and reinvigorating his will to be a functioning, social human being, junsu took a long swig of his water bottle and hailed a cab to the lotte world tower for a sure-to-be relaxing day of teasing the daylights out of su-jin and shooting the shit with kiwoo. while he was an only child himself, these friends in particular felt like his own set of little siblings, and he treated them as such; despite his aloof nature, the older man always took the time check in on them and help sort out any issues they might have difficulty facing alone in such a ruthless metropolis.

"junsu, it's been a while!"

kiwoo's calm voice enveloped the jaded barista like a snug wool sweater, gracing his ears the moment he turned the corner past the entrance of the tower to search for his companions. their outfit was casual, but seemed to hang off their frame like a luxury garment regardless; in junsu's honest opinion, there wasn't a single garment in the world that could look bad on someone as beautiful as his kiwoo.

junsu returned the warmth in his own smile, lightly ruffling the younger vessel's hair in greeting out of habit. "yeah, yeah, it's been ages since you last saw your favorite hyung," he corrected halfheartedly, no real bite to his words. he had never been a huge stickler for honorifics when it came to his friends, but he'd be damned if he ever stopped using it as an excuse to complain shamelessly without repercussions. "why is it so fucking cold in here? i knew we should've gone for karaoke instead."

before kiwoo ever had a chance to respond to his baseless pouting, however, everything went to absolute shit.

while earthquakes weren't rare to experience in the korean peninsula, something about the way the ground shook with such violence gave junsu the impression that this time was different; a deep, primal fear struck him right in the core of his heart as he realized this was no earthquake, but an explosion, several of them, and his gut was telling him to leave, run as far as he could or he wouldn't make it out to see the next sunrise. his anxieties soon proved to not be unfounded; a wall of flames soared around them out of nowhere after another explosion took the lives of several shoppers in front of him. the fire blocked the exits with such precision that junsu might have assumed they'd been strategically placed there if he was any level of superstitious and understood how building fires worked.

"oh my god, you guys are okay! i'm so glad i found you two. okay, it is time to get the hell out of here."

stunned into horrified silence as he watched the massacre taking place before his eyes, su-jin's delicate voice brought junsu back to reality, her quick embrace reminding him that he was here, this was real, and he needed to get everyone to safety.

which, naturally, was easier said than done; perhaps he'd jinxed his fortune with all the negative energy he'd been pumping into the atmosphere since the wee hours of the morning, but at the very moment he'd resolved to tuck and roll out the nearest window, a horde of wolfish creatures emerged from the flames, growing and snapping at the three humans they began to circle like prey. junsu was pretty damn sure he was completely sober that day, having just clocked out from a morning shift, but the sight before him made him wonder if he'd tripped out so hard he ended up in some alternate reality where fiery demon dogs spent their free time at the lotte world tower and were also absolutely fucking terrifying.

junsu stepped in front of his two companions protectively despite the lump forming in his throat, knowing full well that he was equally defenseless against the current threat before them but trying to stay calm in the face of his own mortality. through his years in prison, he'd learned how to scrap one-on-one from his various encounters with other inmates; he wouldn't have survived if he'd been deemed a pushover, after all. those uncoordinated fighting skills, however, seemed nearly laughable in the face of whatever the hell they were up against now.

that was when he heard it; the haunting voice of an uncharacteristically poised woman unfazed by the danger that surrounded them. her cryptic words went right over junsu's frazzled head other than something about the north and other meaningless taunts meant to be condescending. she didn't look like she was carrying any weapons, but junsu drew kiwoo and su-jin close so they were behind him regardless, narrowing his eyes to keep them focused despite the smoke clouding his vision and stinging his corneas. from his peripheral vision, he noticed a firewoman hacking her way towards them, not quite making a dent on the lava-breathing creatures but never ceasing her attempts nonetheless.

"hey, miss crazy bitch! i do not fucking care!" he bit back once the watery pretentious woman seemed content with whatever unsolicited puzzle she'd relayed to them. an instinctual feeling told him she was responsibile for the predicament they were currently in, and that alone was enough for him to skip right past any pleasantries. he always had a more vulgar way of speaking, anyways. "come get your fucking dogs and piss the hell off!"

the woman seemed unbothered by his hostility, instead paying attention to something else entirely. 'how irritating.' before he could process that he'd just been entirely ignored, she disappeared in a flash less than half a second before a blinding light filled the tower and four figures emerged from the flames.

junsu could not begin the describe the sensation blooming in his chest with his limited korean vocabulary. they weren't dressed in modern era clothes, but the image did not strike him as odd in the slightest; these four strangers felt so intrinsically familiar to the barista despite never having met them before, especially the black-haired man peering around as though serious nothing had just transpired prior to their arrival, and the shock to his system nearly had his eyes rolling back into his skull. it was unsettling at best, invasive even, but he did not feel the same dangerous aura that had emanated from the woman who had just vanished; instead, the panic surging in his heart seemed to suddenly abate, as though a reliable protector had just arrived on the scene to sort out whatever harm might be coming his way.

"hey birde, did you start another fire?"

after a moment of silent gawking, junsu shook himself back to the present and tore his gaze away from the strange figures to do a quick scan to make sure his two friends were unharmed by the fallout. the lighthearted comment put a sour taste in his mouth, having just helplessly watched several innocent people face their doom and beg for salvation from his own corner of the disaster. even as someone who used humor to cope more often then was healthy, nothing about this moment felt any sort of funny to junsu.

with a displeased scowl and a sharp glare towards the black-haired man, junsu gingerly stepped towards one of the fiery dogs snapping at the firewoman and took a deep breath. he had his water bottle with him, but it was only half full and he wasn't even sure if it would do anything other than anger the mutts further. now wasn't the time to doubt himself, however; it was either kill or get killed in this moment. as fast as he could manage, junsu dumped the contents of his water bottle on the dog and immediately jumped back to push su-jin and kiwoo out of the way of the cloud of steam that suddenly plumed outwards from the creature.

the north vessel

junsu.

♡coded by uxie♡

Han Yunseo

• mood

Saw this coming from a mile away

Yunseo always knew that his and the others' entrapment would not last forever. The mortals would not be able to last without the gods being there to hold their hand. He knew that much. If they didn’t need the gods, they would have handled their demon problem all on their own. But humans were so ungrateful. They didn’t even see half of the things they did for them. Yet they still had insisted they no longer needed their help. Yunseo could see that it was only a matter of time before they would fall into despair once more. He just had to wait patiently in the silent abyss that the gods had tossed the four of them into when the gods decided that they were done with the Four Symbols. And if Yunseo had been in their shoes he might have done the same thing. If Yunseo had been left to roam the human realm, he would have found a way to break his binding to the vessel family. It didn’t matter that they were protected from his powers. There was always a way to break a spell. Everything had a loophole. You just had to know what you were looking for.

He guessed that is why they had been sealed away. The other gods didn’t want them trying to find a way out of their punishment. ‘You mean they didn’t want you to find a way out.’ Yunseo was not like Gun-Bi, he didn’t spend the years in the darkness mediating and devising a plan to gain the Heaven's forgiveness. And he was not like Jaejun. He seemed content with watching his vessel's lives, protecting them with his abilities from within their prison. Yunseo always seemed to be aware of the other gods in the black of the abyss with him. Their presence was really what was keeping him from going insane. He wouldn’t admit it out loud, but if he was in the abyss alone he didn’t think he would have made it with his sanity intact. ‘You were the one who put them here.’ Was what his inner voice would tell him when he spent too much time with his own thoughts. Sure he could have spent time looking after his vessel family, and he would help them when he felt like it. But he was not interested in seeing how their life was going. It was their fault he was in such a pitiful state after all.

If being sealed in a dark eternal abyss wasn’t bad enough. A majority of his abilities had been placed inside a human. ‘Well, that is not entirely true.’ If a human was suddenly granted the power of a god without any restriction, Yunseo doubted their soul would be able to handle it. After all, they were not just some minor spirits. Their vessels just held the power to restrict what he and the others could do. It made his blood absolutely boil. How dare the gods allow a human to have power over him. He still had not gotten over that. He couldn’t wait to make them pay for what they did. But as time went on it seemed that there would not be much left for him to exact revenge. He could feel it. He could feel the other gods' powers fade with each passing year. It was their magic that kept Yunseo and the others sealed away after all. So if something happened to them then the magic on the seal would start to fade as well. He was also very aware of how even he was fading from people’s memories. It had been long since he had felt the presence of someone worshiping him.

‘We all knew that day would come eventually.’ The gods would have to be stupid if they didn’t think that humanity would one day leave them behind. And if they choose to ignore that even after they devised a plan to kill a heavenly being. Then the gods were just as stupid as the mortals they tried too hard to protect. But it did make Yunseo wonder just how much time had passed since that fateful day. How much time did it take for them to completely turn their backs on the very beings that ensured their survival for so many years. Yunseo, however, noted that people didn’t stop showing their gratitude to him completely. He knew who these people were as well. These were the descendants of his first vessel. After being granted a direct connection to a god, they set forth devoting their entire lives to him. Which in some cases made his skin crawl. Yunseo over time had seen both the good, the bad, and downright weird from his vessel family. So he was quite pleased when things went quiet for some time. Being dedicated to one family for the rest of eternity was not something he was at all interested in.

He spent those quiet years drifting in and out of sleep. Since he had nothing else to do with his time in eternity, Then something pinged in his consciousness. He could feel a new vessel being born. Only when the old vessel passed could a new one be born. And this one felt different to him. This vessel felt special. It caught his interest. And for once he actually used his connection to the vessel to see who they were. Yunseo had many types of vessels. Some used the gifts his power gave them for greatness, and some had turned out to be more like him. This time around his vessel was a boy. And this boy was living quite an interesting life. For most of his younger life, Yunseo did not actually see his vessel's parents until they decided it was a good time to take him back in. It put a bitter taste in his mouth. Maybe because he could have never imagined treating his child like that. If he had any kids. ‘Even if that may be true, we have Gun-Bi.’ It was something Eun-Jeong had said to him once. Thinking back on it made him admittedly both sad and proud. Sad because his other half was not here anymore. Proud, because Gun-Bi had made great strides during their time of being sealed away.

He wondered how things were with her vessel. Being both a terrifying force and an endless source of wisdom. ‘Anyone would be lucky to be guided by her.’ It was not the same for Yunseo. He did not think that he was a good guide for humanity. He has never been. It was always Eun-Jeong doing the talking to people. Her gentle nature made things so much easier. Maybe that is why it was so easy for humanity to forget about him. Getting his thoughts back on track. Yunseo found this newest vessel of his entertaining to watch. The Black Snake would tune in and out of his life throughout the years. Looking in whenever he felt curious about what his vessel was up to. Collecting bits and pieces of his vessel's life through these small viewing sessions. He learned that his name was Moon Junsu and that he was the oldest of the newest round of vessels. He was an only child that seemed to be close with Jaejun’s and Gun-Bi’s vessel. Yunseo had seen him make his mistakes and recover. Yunseo had to admit that he was at least interested in seeing how this vessel’s life would end up leading.

He never actually thought he would be involved in his life. Yunseo thought he would be watching from afar until the day he passed on. That is until he felt something change. The last time he had felt a similar feeling was when he was still fighting in the demon war with his very first vessel. Which was both worrying to him and also very confusing. What would cause such a thing to make his connection with the vessel tug at his attention so harshly? When he went to check on his vessel, you know, to make sure he wasn’t dying or anything, Yunseo was blinded by a golden light. He didn’t have to see to know what was going on. He could feel the presence of the Yellow Dragon. Even if his connection to the technical leader of his little group had become almost nonexistent he would never forget what his power felt like. Seeing as though it was his power that started this whole thing. He could feel the change in surroundings before he could see them. He could feel the heat of a raging fire and the heaviness of the smoky air. It was not an unfamiliar feeling to him. Having spent many years in war or just being around a pissed-off Haeun.

Opening, after being nearly blinded, his dark eyes to take in the scene that the Yellow Dragon dropped him and the other gods into. Other than the raging fire, the first thing he made eye contact with was the pack of snarling bulgae. Which took a step back from the four gods which had just appeared.
“Hey Birde, did you start another fire?”
He simply couldn’t help it. He knew that this was not her work. Seeing how limited her powers were. There was no way the gods would allow any of them to create such a disaster. He could feel someone glaring into the back of his head shortly after he said. And with a quick glance, he could see the glare was from his vessel. It had been a while since he had checked on his vessel and apparently, he had changed the color of his hair again. ‘His hair changes colors just as much as Jaejun’s hair.’ He mentally commented. What really amused him was his vessel trying to fight the bulgae. And he wasn’t having much luck. However one of the vessels seemed to be quite the warrior, seeing as though she was ready to fight with nothing but a hatchet. ‘Humans have become rather bold nowadays.’ Without a care in the world. Yunseo turned to face his vessel with a bit of a half-smile.

Yunseo scanned over his vessel. Who had taken a protective stance in front of the other two vessels.
“I commend your efforts, but I would leave it to the gods.”
He shot his vessel with a clearly sarcastic smile. The blonde woman behind him furrowed her brows in confusion at this statement. ‘Ahh, isn’t she Jaejun’s vessel.’ Yunseo was trying to remember if he ever did hear Jaejun talking into the abyss of their prison about his vessel. He might have but Yunseo might not have been listening. Yunseo was pulled from his thoughts when he felt something eerily familiar. It was a power he knew by heart but it felt distorted. Not right.
“Gun-Bi am I the only one feeling that?”
He knew that she would also recognize the distorted power. However, before he could think about going to investigate it the presence was gone.
“Dammit.”
He cursed under his breath, clearly irritated that whatever it was gone.
“You lovely fellows wouldn’t happen to know who that was?”
Turning to face the bulgae, more shapes appeared from the fire. If he had to guess these were the demons behind the bulgae’s attack.
“And if you don’t, well I just enjoy getting rid of you.”
Yunseo may have been sealed away for some time. But he would never forget how to get rid of his annoyances.

Black scales formed his skin as he felt his power slowly coming back to him.
“Gun-Bi, you know what to do right?”
Yunseo looked at the White Tiger, with an almost fatherly look on his face. She was a being of pure Earth, he knew that fire was one of her greatest weaknesses. He did not want her to get hurt. While there was little to no moisture in the air now, that was something that Yunseo would fix. He was the water god after all. Without having to move a muscle, water droplets floated out of the ground around him. It looked like it was straight out of the anime. In seconds it went from a few droplets to a sudden geyser that formed into a giant snake. It was only appropriate. Pleased with his creation he sent it forward with just a mental command. The elemental snake rushed forward past the four gods and their vessels. While he was not capable of putting out the entire fire he could clear a path and sweep away the demons and bulgae.
“Alright, problem paused.”
He said with a clearly pleased look as he faced his companions and their vessels.

Speech:
"this is a dialogue."

at my worst

ATEEZ Seonghwa

♡coded by uxie♡

Gun-Bi Cheol
The White Tiger
Lotte World Tower
Scared, confused, focused
Traditional Winter Hanbok
interactions

Yeonseo Pride. Pride. | Kiwoo mix.ie mix.ie
Gun-Bi had spent the first half of her divine imprisonment asleep for the most part. The girl was too emotionally distraught to bother facing the eternal darkness of her solitude. Only ever waking for significant events and festivals held in her name, sometimes it was horrifying blood rituals from brutal wars which terrified the Young-Yin to think she would be invoked for such savagery, other times she'd come to peaceful villages whom would offer their finest in offering despite their own hungers. Many animals would be called forth, those who volunteered to be sacrificed and those who offered themselves in domestication, ordered to watch over the Humans in her stead. She would teach them to fend for themselves, to increase their yield, to live in balance. Awhile she was pretending to run from the disharmony within herself.

Sometimes she would be summoned during siege or battle, to which Gun-Bi would stop at nothing to protect the family she'd been bound to. No matter what conflict she happened to end up in, her host never lost their humanity like so many others around them, a comfort that the other gods made the right choice. They were caring for her in their own ways, or least that's how she liked to interpret things.

Eventually, she became less and less needed, less prayed too, less... Loved.

Gun-Bi's last summoning was met with confusion, even fear, until they realized who she was. The eyes of family replaced by those of strangers, it scared her as much as it did them. Being given a chance to revive their traditions and to tell them stories of her adventures, it wasn't as grand as the previous festivals or intense as a chaotic battlefield, but it was nice. It even snowed rather heavily while she was there, she didn't remember why the snow brought her to tears for years. Not until he came to grips with why she was sealed in the first place. Time kept marching and she slept less and less, but yet Gun-Bi wasn't allowed back out. She wondered if something had gone wrong; she wondered a lot of things. The Goddess spent the rest of her sentence in meditation with the occasional peek into the lives of her vessels, but never outstayed her welcome.

Now however, she had found herself... Somewhere. Gun-Bi scanned her immediate surroundings, though she wasn't surprised to see the other beasts there, it was the strange twisted and dark energy that lingered in the air for but a moment that put her on edge. "Um.. Y-yeah" The girl stammered as she shifted her focus to the Bulgae surrounding them. Gun-Bi hated fire, it terrified her and seemingly the creatures could tell; lunging towards Kiwoo but their intent was clear, they wanted to hurt her. The Goddess felt her powers rising enough to protect her Human; a slab of concrete with countless sticks of metal rebar sticking out of it flung into two of the creatures, but it's force kept the heavy object tumbling right into the glass wall of the building and over side. A cold draft of air filling the room, letting out smoke but only fueling the flames. She screamed, Gun-Bi hated this, she wanted to go back. A battlefield was one thing, but being surrounded by so much fire was almost debilitating. She followed Yunseo's lead, grabbing Kiwoo hand and leading them towards their eventual safety.

"Kiwoo! Keep your mouth covered, Don't look back, I'll protect you. This way!" She yelled as they dashed through the ruined building. She could feel the metal inside the structure, an odd sensation as she wasn't used to so much of it in one place; it seemed like it would hold, however staying inside was not an option. The fire that surrounded them scared her, it was hot and destructive. Heat wasn't worrying at all, heat allowed metal to bend and flow and change form without force as its energy flowed through; but fire, fire was chaotic and wild. It was unpredictable, heat uncontrolled. "Over here! We can get down using the pulley box!" Gun-Bi yelled backed down the hall as the small Goddess skidded to a halt infront of two large smooth metal doors. The Woman concentrated and blinked as her eyes shifted to that of a feline, the most she could manage without Kiwoo allowing her more power. She could see all the metal within the walls, including the large mechanical pulley, shaft, and chassis hidden behind the doors. A lot of the mechanisms were beyond her understanding, but the most basic of them were all she needed. A deep growl thundered from her throat as she dug her hands into the wedge of the elevator doors like they were tin foil, and with a modicum of effort she slid the two halves apart, but not without severely denting their shape. "Kiwoo, stay right here" She commanded putting her hand on their shoulder and looking deep into their soul with the glowing yellow eyes of a tiger. "I'm glad you're ok." She whispered before turning around and jumping into the pitch black pit of light smoke and darkness. A loud grinding noise rang up through the cavity while bright orange sparks barely illuminated the figure of the small Woman sliding down the thick metal cable until there was nothing.

After some time, the clanking and crunching metal could be heard from the top of the elevator shaft moments before bits of metal sprinked down into the depths. Not too long after a whirring noise grew quite loud; something approaching from below, revealed to be Gun-Bi standing triumphantly on top of the rising elevator car which slowed enough for her to simply walk of while it kept rising to hover at their level. "Get in before something else snaps off... I had to kind of break it to get it working..." Gun-Bi muttered to her Vessel.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

scroll

the vermillion bird

haeun.

mood

confused??? annoyed?? all of the above.

outfit

Lotte World Tower

interactions

everyone

The best way Haeun could describe her time away from the physical world would be as an extended sleep. That's what it felt like at least. Despite being conscious and present for all the time that passed, it felt like being trapped in a dreamlike state for centuries. She was there, but she wasn't really there.

It was torturous.

Seeing the state of the world and not being able to do anything about it infuriated her beyond belief. The influence of the gods was distant and a thing of the past. It's almost disrespectful, she thinks, how they've somehow managed to discard their image. After having done everything and more for them, you'd think they'd honor their legacy and memory more, right? You'd be mistaken.

Of course, Haeun still has followers. Here and there she'll hear their prayers and sense their offerings, but there was little she could do for them while locked away into the abyss of nothing and everything. It's not like she would accept anything any human had for her anyway; they are the reason she and her comrades were locked away like this. A family, generations old, comes to mind. The simple thought of them was enough to send her into a blinding rage enough to turn millions into ash, but, of course, because of them that won't happen; the one of many betrayals done at the hands of humans. She doubts it'll be the last.

Haeun has spent a long time being angry. At humans, at herself, and even at her friends to some extent, but it all boiled down to one thing. Determination. She knew that she would get out and be free again. She didn't know how or why or when but she knew it was going to happen, and when she did she'd finally rid herself of this horrid connection to her vessel.

Her vessel—Jimin was her name—was...interesting to say the least. She was crude and aggressive and everything that Haeun despised. She was not fit to be a vessel in no way shape or form. In fact, she didn't even want it nor believe in it, and that's what pissed Haeun off the most. If the Goddess could she'd have banished the human girl a long, long time ago as she preferred her elder sister above all else. Her sister's, Kyu-Ri, unwavering loyalty to Haeun and her authority was exactly what she needed, but, alas, she was stuck with her sister instead. It's a shame, really.

So when she finds herself standing before said vessel, surrounded by bulgae and chaos, she can't help but to find herself a little confused.

"Hey Birdie, did you start another fire?" an all too familiar voice said.

Instinctively she scowls and turns to face the source of the question. "Yunseo, why do you insist on calling me such a stupid name?" she exhaled with a growl. She doesn't even let him finish his sentence as she turns once again to surveys the situation. The fire around them flickered and called to her, but both she and Yunseo knew that this wasn't her doing. She didn't have to look to be able to feel the destruction caused by these flames as it was a feeling, an aura, all too familiar to her. Her eyes flickered around, trying to find the source of this energy to no avail.

There were so many questions swirling in her head, but she didn't know where to start. There was a flash of panic that went through her being, but she managed to suppress it. Obviously now was not the time for any panic.

Her eyes were immediately drawn to her vessel, Jimin, with a hatchet in her hand and a dangerous look in her eyes. Haeun couldn't help but to quirk an eyebrow at the scene. It didn't matter, though, as they both knew that weapon could only do so much to hold off the demons. The flames surrounding them threatened to consume the room, the heat would probably reach unbearable for the humans soon. Not for Haeun, though. It was actually quite comfortable.

As Yunseo puts out the fire in the most dramatic way possible she can't help but to roll her eyes. They both knew she could've put out the fires without even lifting a finger—she could've consumed it all with a single inhale technically. "Always one for the dramatics, hm?" she says to him as she makes her way over to Jimin. When she finds herself standing in front of the girl, she looks her over with a scrutinizing eye. Though the human stood far taller than her, Haeun had no problem holding her gaze. She was not intimidated, nor did she fear the girl as the mortals seemed to. It sort of angered her in a way. To be stuck connected to her of all people felt like an insult of the highest degree, but now was not the time to get angry (Yunseo did just put the flames out).

With a single finger, Haeun gently pushes the blade of the hatchet down. "Come, vessel, there is much to discuss," she said, for a moment her eyes flickered over to the other vessels and then back to Jimin. Without waiting for a response, she turns on her heel and makes her way toward the path that Yunseo had created.

Oh this was going to be a long, long day, she could already tell.

♡coded by uxie♡

'I hear and I forget.'

the winds, who gathered and remembered people's voices, carrying them through forests and fields to sing out across the oceans, had always been one with humans. each new generation of transient melodies birthed an illustrious chorus to wash over the nooks and crannies of the earth's terrain, carving an imprint of its memory within each migrating leaf. when one remains dynamic, the unique beauties in the passing seasons are merely a vessel for the traditions built upon them; the actual, concrete changes in one's surroundings constitute a sequence of minute alterations so natural and comfortable that one hardly notices its progress.

cursed with witnessing several unending centuries pass by from within the sealed darkness of his mind, the azure dragon of the east no longer concerned himself with matters of the gods and spirits, nor did he strive to serve any. where he was once looked on enviously by the earth's beasts as he soared across the open skies without reservation, sapphire scales glistening through the morning fog, he now lay still, suspended in a timeless abyss as the world moved on without him.

'I see and I remember.'

once upon a time, in an era that had begun to forget the blessings of the azure dragon who had protected humanity from its own demons, jaejun made a promise to himself from deep within his consciousness. with each season that came and went in the blink of an eye, he would attune his senses that recognized the past melodies of the earth so vividly, gazing out upon the world of mortality that had once so desperately needed his safeguarding yet now seemed to thrive after tossing him to the wind, and he would remember.

with the spring, jaejun would remember the innocence and naivete of humanity, who was blessed with neither memories of their past lives nor foresight into their futures; with the summer, he would remember the vibrancy of the human spirit, the exuberance that came with their youths and settled into the fine lines of their skin with age; with the autumn, he would remember the richness of their identities, the deceiving depth to their otherwise shallow and fleeting souls as they molded their spirituality to fit the current tides; and with the winter, he would remember the resilience of humanity, who was able to let go of all they were holding onto in the face of their own mortality and attain all they set their sights on.

'I do and I understand.'

it was through such a meditative routine that jaejun shielded his mind from fraying at the edges with the passage of time, instead mellowing out from the initial rage-fueled state it had been in at the moment the seal was placed on it. the words of the late confucious and lao tzu linger at the forefront of his thoughts, both old friends of his yet contrary in their outlooks on the order of life. jaejun did not lean partial towards either of their philosophies; how could he, when the fundamentals of their arguments lied in the experiences of a perspective he could not empathize with?

and now, with the age of demons thought to be long past yet stirring in the depths of the earth's crust, waiting for the opportunity to surge towards a new way forward, jaejun found contentment in watching over the latest iteration of his vessel, a carelessly ignorant guitar instructor by the name of cheon su-jin who handed out her trust to any being who extended niceties in her direction. safeguarding this particular human would prove to be the ultimate test of his patience, an unyielding chore that required constant uptime on his toes. and yet, jaejun found contentment in this human, a living testament to the fruitfulness of his centuries-long self-reflection.

'to the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.'

the sight that greeted the azure dragon when he finally opened his eyes to the very world he had always longed to be immersed in once more was one of desperation and fear, flames licking the walls of the tower he'd been dropped in while the humans trapped within cowered in terror at the prospect of a painful demise.

"Get back!"

not too far away, however, stood the very same quartet of vessels that the cardinal gods had been keeping watch over for the last quarter of a century, one of them hacking away with some sort of hatchet in a futile attampt to subdue the bulgae while the others watched on helplessly. among them, cheon su-jin stood behind yunseo's vessel, her shock of pastel hair just barely visible behind the ex-felon's broad build.

jaejun's gaze lingered on her petite form for a moment longer before breaking away to take in the state of their current circumstances, going over the endless possible outcomes of each course of action available to him at the moment. yunseo had already taken the liberty of clearing a path out for the vessels while gun-bi fashioned a mechanism for escape and haeun placated the fiery vessel going to town on the demons.

all that remained was handling the affairs of the other beings in the tower, as well as the debris wreaking havoc to their surroundings, a task well within jaejun's scope of talents. the dragon inhaled, long and slow, pulling all of the air from the parts of the building where the flames raged on and silencing them in an instant. he then exhaled, similarly drawn out and languid, and pushed a large portion of the resulting smoke out and upwards towards the afternoon sky. the same relaxed breath safely diverted the steam that yunseo's vessel had created with his water bottle away from their direction, as well as guided the falling concrete chunks around them to a relatively soft landing on the tower floor.

it would still be quite dangerous for any remaining humans to linger in the overheated building, as smoke would continue to form and crowd the space for the next few hours, but jaejun delighted in the extent of his powers that had been preserved after all this time, despite the majority of them being sealed away in his vessel's weak little body.

he did not mind that his efforts would likely go unnoticed by both the other gods, who were each too preoccupied in their own interests to care about any of the other people fighting for their lives, as well as the humans in odd full-body suits attempting to fight the fire with their modern water-wielding instruments. after all, in the words of lao tzu, "a leader is best when people barely know he exists; when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

jaejun took his time trailing behind yunseo and haeun to greet the vessels, watching their interactions with barely contained amusement before locking onto the one named cheon su-jin. as he approached, the north vessel blocked her from view, eyes narrowing in suspicion despite the obvious trepidation in his gaze as he attempted to guard his companion while actively ignoring the snake god bent on getting under his skin.

"moon junsu. cheon su-jin," he introduced himself, voice calm yet firm as he stopped several feet away from the duo. "we are not here to hurt you. if you follow us outside, we may have answers to many of your questions."

"like hell you do,"
junsu spat back without missing a beat, brow furrowing more and the more the longer he tried to hold himself together in the face of a power greater than he could comprehend. "stay the fuck back. we're not going anywhere with you."

jaejun raised a brow at the aggression in his tone, unfazed and determined to make the human obey his will. "is that so?" he looked around at the still smoldering embers around them as though scanning for a no-longer present exit. "well, i cannot force you. feel free to find your own way through the rubble, then. we part ways here, cardinal vessels."

a long moment of heavy silence passed while jaejun made a show of walking in the same direction as haeun before junsu cleared his throat, irritation evident in his voice as he called out after the dragon's retreating form. "shit, wait— fine! can you guys slow down? for fuck's sake."

if a triumphant smile tugged at jaejun's cold lips at the fickleness of the humans they'd been dealt, any trace of it was long gone by the time he stepped outside and greeted the familiar chilly breeze of his homeland once again, and the world was none the wiser.

azure dragon

jaejun.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Jimin was fucking pissed, having just lost her favorite fire axe to whatever the fuck these things were. They were not dogs, they weren't animals, they were off. A dog couldn't melt god damn firefighter grade equipment, this situation was more and more aggravating by the moment. The fact that she had to be involved, that she answered the call to duty, that she had decided to run off on her own to b here of her own voluntary action; that's what ticked her off the most. She did this to herself, instead of going back to bed or watching Netflix she chose to be here swiping her hatchet at one of these creatures; which was also beginning to liquefy and would she'd lose her offensive advantage. She was also just as worried about the building that was burning around them, it was hot, very hot and while she was rather fine herself, even despite the intense heat radiating off of the molten-dog-like beast. That didn't however account for everyone else.

Jimin nearly tripped when one of the boy's moved infront of her to dump water onto the creature, causing a burst of scalding steam to burst out. "Mother fucker." She growled; once again very glad to have immunity to high temperatures as some of the water and steam splashed onto her face. Though there wasn't any time for chastising as the Fire Woman felt her stomach began to to turn. Through the steam she saw the silhouettes of something much worse than hellhounds. They were shaped like people, but those weren't people. No, they were something much worse, and Jimin hated people.

The girl found herself stuck there dumbfounded and trying to move but her muscles were frozen. All while an overwhelming terror slowly threatening to overtake her soul as the figures approached. Only for a giant watery serpent to dashed passed her, smashing itself into the threatening forces before them. Jimin was fucking done, she was going back to bed.

Turning around she found herself face to face with a smaller Woman who stared up at Jimin with the most vibrant eyes she'd ever seen, as if there was a literal flame behind them. Her jaw nearly dropped when they pressed their finger to the still bubbling and mostly molten hatched that remained in Jimin's now lowering hand. This Woman was similar to the things behind them, in the sense that she wasn't Human, there was no doubt in her mind. Yet, this... Lady wearing a seemingly extremely expensive hanbok straight out of a museum; she was something else. The feeling Jimin got from them was that of safety and warmth, a complete one eighty in comparison.

"Who the hell are you people??" She exclaimed noticing the other three oddly dressed 'not-quite-people', one of which made a motion that coincided with a massive chunk of debris smashing into still remaining fire-dog thing... And the window. Her eyes widened hoping to all fucking hell that no one was standing below. "I need a drink." Jimin muttered while in truth thinking about something much more potent. She looked towards where the two smaller almost-Women we're heading. "Fuck." She grunted trying to clear her head, seeing as people were finally getting on their ass and getting out. Jimin followed, dropping her ruined tool, jogging forward and taking the hand of the Lady who'd confronted her moments ago, dragging them towards the fire exit only to stop at the elevator. Not even noticing the smoke clearing out before them while falling debris gilded itself away from their path as of trying to be polite. The other weird girl was standing inside the metal box which looked like it had been smashed by a car, yelling at them to get in. Jimin was not about to go into that death trap... Until she remembered the feeling of horrid cold and fear that she'd witnessed earlier. "God dammit, get in." Jimin said jumping in herself, dragging Haeun in with her while also going ahead and grabbing the scrappy Kiwoo while she was at it.

There wasn't long to wait before the others caught up to them all, Gun-Bi sighed in relief to have everyone safe with her in the mutilated metal death trap of an elevator, even Haeun, even if it did make her a bit uncomfortable. "Hold on to something please," Gun-Bi suggested politely as she began to lower them to the ground floor. It wasn't the smoothest ride as it took her full concentration to prevent their free fall. She wasn't about to explain to Kiwoo how to release the Goddess's own power back to her in the middle of whatever was happening. The untethered elevator shook and shuddered slightly, causing the still very confused Jimin to lose her balance; forcing her to reach for the side of the box prevent from knocking into anyone. Only now Jimin found herself pinning Haeun between herself and the wall, immediately hooking into their eyes like a moth to a flame.

__ __

The ride wasn't that long in truth, and soon they reach the first floor. Gun-Bi waited patiently, sweating for the first time in maybe a few hundred thousand years while everyone got off. Once it was safe to do so, she walked out and the elevator was finally relinquished back to the forces of gravity, crashing violently down into the underground parking garage below.

She once again took Kiwoo's hand, following after Jaejun into the chilly but fresh air of the new world that she now existed in. Jimin wasn't too far behind, having left Haeun on her own. Despite the pull she felt to the Inhuman Historical Cosplayer, Jimin wasn't about to fall prey to her own desire for pretty Women when she should be reporting back into the Fire Chief, though it seemed they had come out a side entrance. There wasn't anyone around, giving her a very bad feeling. Looking around she spotted the concrete skewer that had been launched out of the skyscraper, giving a sigh of relief no one was hurt as the object had found itself imbed into the concrete plaza floor, smouldering in the snow. The Bulgae's remains splattered beneath it.

"We should leave before we're noticed, I don't think it's safe to be here out here...We're being watched. Whoever set this up is letting us leave." Gun-Bi said quietly as she tugged onto Jaejun's sleeve sheepishly.

Gun-Bi too!

Jimin

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Cheon Su-Jin

• mood

Fuck, well I guess we are here now

Su-Jin was starting to wonder if maybe she had collapsed at some point while she had tried to reach her friends. Because there was no way that this was happening right now. It really was one punch to the gut after the other. She felt frozen behind Junsu, unable to bring herself to move. Her brain was trying to catch up with everything. Su-Jin felt like she was missing something here because everyone seemed to have figured out how they felt about the whole situation. While she was still trying to figure out the punchline. Su-Jin was just staring at the four elaborately dressed beings, she doubted that they were human, but there was one in particular that caught her attention. And while he gave off a feeling of comfort. She ultimately sought stability and guidance in the oldest of the vessels. Su-Jin peaked her head around Junsu’s broad shoulder to catch his expression. However, he seemed busy scowling at the tall after he made his comment. Now Su-Jin was really confused. However, before she could even ponder asking any questions he was leaving Junsu and herself to their own devices. More focused on making his beautiful display to clear out a safe path for them.

Su-Jin let out a scream of surprise when the woman dressed in the red and white traditional hanbok all but decimated one of the attacking creatures with metal rebars that she had summoned from the very foundation of the building. She wasn’t sure why that was her sudden call to reality. Maybe because it was such a violent display of power solidified that these people who had come were not from this realm. Over the madness, she heard a word that made her heart drop into her stomach. ’Vessel’. It was the term the woman dressed almost like a queen in the period dramas used to address the woman who at the time was still wielding her melting hatchet. ‘Did I hear that right?’ She was all too familiar with what a vessel was. And if she was using that term. It meant that these four otherworldly beings were the Four Symbols. And the stories her grandparents told her every night were true. It would help explain why these new people were able to do the things that they could. And if she was going off that logic she could already kind of figure who was who. The first god who had displayed their control over water had to be the Black Toritse. ‘Or was he the snake?’ She could never remember and now wasn’t the time to figure it out.

The second to openly use their powers was the woman who had whisked Kiwoo away. She was most likely the White Tiger, based on her incredible control over metal. If she had to guess, then the woman Yunseo called Birdie was the Vermillion Bird. Leaving just one more to be identified. That’s when she felt it. The shift in the winds to conform to a silent command. Su-Jin could feel in her very soul who the power was coming from. Like fate had planned it this way, she was once again looking on at who she now knew for certain was the Azure Dragon. The great dragon of the East. She was undeniably fascinated by him, and maybe it was because it was his power that was the source of the little wind spirits that had protected her for as long as she could remember. Then her wonder was poisoned when the information she had now gathered settled in. ‘Oh shit, that means I’m his vessel.’ At that moment, every horror story, all the guilt, blame, and hours of worship her family forced on her as a child came rushing back. If he was really like how the stories described him, then she wanted him to be sealed away again. Because she was not mentally or emotionally prepared for a god to hate her for not worshiping him enough.

Su-Jin reached out to grab Junsu’s jacket sleeve, trying to slink behind him more. This situation was shitty enough as is. She didn’t need an ancient being plotting her demise. She just hoped that her gut feeling of wanting to trust the Azure Dragon wasn’t wrong.
“Alright you two, you are the only ones gawking, time to get a move on.”
Su-Jin jumped slightly when the Northern god cut in. Taking a step toward her and Junsu. Looking around, she could see that he was right. Kiwoo and the others had already gone ahead using the path Yunseo cleared to reach safety. But she still didn’t exactly trust these gods, and it seemed Junsu shared the sentiment. With the way, he ignored the Black Snake when he spoke to them. Su-Jin's eyes flicked between Yunseo and the Azure Dragon who had now approached the two of them as well. Her heart was pounding against her ribcage, urging her to just move. ”Cheon Su-Jin.” The way he spoke her name. It commanded her attention. Pulling her from whatever train of thought she was once. Making her focus on him instead. Which she was grateful for because if she was allowed to spiral deeper into her thoughts. Then that would make the whole escaping thing much harder.

Su-Jin looked for any signs of malevolence in his deep aqua eyes. She didn’t find any. She saw there was something deeper in his gaze that she didn’t yet understand, but she was more willing to trust his promise of not wanting to hurt them rather than the annoyed glare from the snake next to him.
“Ooo, the ever-wise Azure Dragon, to the rescue.”
Yunseo sarcastically added after Junsu shot down the god of the East.
“Maybe we should trust him.”
Su-Jin whispered to Junsu, her gaze still focused on the Azure Dragon. There was no way she would put her life in the hands of the Northern god, but she would trust the Azure dragon to keep her and Junsu safe.
“He seems the most genuine.
” She tried to offer with a side smile. But maybe she wasn’t the best judge of character with the number of people she has wrongly put her trust in.
“Well, as much as I would love to leave you here, I will get in big trouble if you die, so you don’t have a choice kiddo.”
Compared to the Azure Dragon, it seemed that Yunseo was way more irritated than he was. Then Su-Jin’s eyes widened in disbelief as her protector god just started to walk away. ‘Maybe I was wrong to trust him.’ Shoving that down she turned to Junsu, choosing to ignore the still brewing snake next to them as well.

“Look, I say we just go for it, if our family legends are correct they have no choice but to protect us.”
It felt weird to say that, but Su-Jin was completely serious. Her mind was made up. She was going to follow the Azure Dragon, even if she had to drag Junsu out of this hell with her.
“The Eastern vessel is unfortunately correct.”
Junsu seemed to be getting it now, not that Yunseo really helped any. Su-Jin visibly relaxed when Junsu ran after the Azure Dragon. Su-Jin was not far behind Junsu. She wasn’t checking to see if Yunseo was following after them but even if he wasn’t she doubted he would be in actual danger like the humans would be if they chose to remain in this place. Getting all of them into the elevator was certainly a squeeze, Yunseo being the last one to crame himself in. Su-Jin tucked herself into the corner nearest the Azure Dragon, subtly grabbing onto the sleeve of his extravagant robes. If this thing was gonna collapse she wanted to be within grabbing range of the being that was supposed to protect her. Su-Jin also noticed for the first time in all the chaos, that the breeze she had always been comforted by seemed to wrap around his form.

She couldn’t see them, but they were originating from him. ‘He is the god of air.’ She had never questioned where her wind spirits came from, but if all her grandparents' tales of her being the vessel were true. Then it was very likely that he was the being that created them or at least controlled them. ‘But he was sealed away, how would he control them?’ Seeing as though she was not the one who sealed them away, she had no way of knowing what he was capable of while being trapped away from society. The rest of the way down, Su-Jin just tried to keep her mind calm. Every shake and creak of the elevator made her heart jump. Her knuckles were white from how tightly she was grabbing the metal bar with the hand that wasn’t clasping onto the Azure Dragon’s sleeve for dear life. When it came to a stop she bolted out of the death contraption as fast as she could. Releasing the bar and her protector's sleeve from her vice grip. Gravitating to walk somewhat behind the Azure Dragon as they exited the Lotte World Tower. Looking around she could see that everyone had exited the elevator safely.

Su-Jin mentally searched for Kiwoo, Junsu, and the woman who had first come to their rescue. She sighed with relief to see them all. She could hear the woman who Yunseo’s called Gun-Bi whisper something to the Azure Dragon. But she couldn’t make out the words the White Tiger was saying.
“Gun-Bi is right, and I suggest we split up, make us harder to track.”
Yunseo seemed to agree with her though. Su-Jin felt the familiar breeze rush around her, telling her that danger was approaching and fast. In the distance, she could hear more growls closing in on them. She knew she had to make up her mind now.
“I agree, plus having all of you together will draw way too much attention, you are coming with me.”
Su-Jin reached and grabbed the Azure Dragon’s sleeve, she didn’t know his name yet.
“Everyone else text each other when we get to safety, if you're Kyu-Ri’s sister Jimin like I think you are, she has our contact info and we have hers. We can meet up later.”
With a determined nod, she started pulling her god down the side of the building. If she could get on the main street it was easy to get home from there.

Speech:
"this is a dialogue."

only exception

Rosé

♡coded by uxie♡

as the four extraordinary beings set into motion quelling the flames that had previously been roaring around their tiny bodies, junsu watched the show of force in complete silence, struck with an overwhelming mix of awe, fear, and dread towards what this meant for him going forward.

'vessel.' the term sprung off their lips as naturally as a trickling spring stream, yet seemed to barrage his own ears like an icy tidal wave in the winter darkness. junsu had no clue what the hell any of them were talking about, yet he seemed to be utterly alone in that sentiment as stricken looks of familiarity washed over his friends' faces. was this something they'd learned in school? a nursery rhyme? a famous novel, maybe?

as terrifyingly mindblowing as the entire scenario was, the jaded barista did not care for it to occur in his own metaphorical backyard; he had not lived the most forgiving life until then between his years behind bars, parting with his first love, and using drugs to cope with his severe depression during the entirety of his formative period. trading away his youth at an early age and being forced to grow and mature at such a rapid pace had taken a toll on him, for better or for worse, yet here came a new torrent of responsibilities and dangers invading his finally somewhat peaceful life... all for what?

junsu did not dream of anything as grandiose as glory, or wealth, or power; all he wanted was to live contentedly in his little corner of the world and take care of those who mattered to him, the found family he'd strung together in a city aiming to break him with its loneliness. was that too selfish of a request? health and happiness for him and his loved ones?

the icing on the cake came in the form of a person he knew in his core was connected to him, a scaly man with a shock of black hair and bottomless dark eyes. junsu might have been amazed by the mysterious figure, perhaps even inspired by his power, had he not gone on to flex in such an obnoxiously pretentious manner. everything about the man, from his nonchalant gait to his smug expressions to his flippant words, struck a nerve with the humble barista who'd been trying his best to keep his younger companions safe from the inferno.

“well, as much as I would love to leave you here, i will get in big trouble if you die, so you don’t have a choice kiddo.”

yeah, junsu hated him.

so when the blue-haired man soothed the rest of the danger and the opportunity arose for them to escape before smoke inhalation permanently damaged their lungs, junsu caved to their provocations and relented, prioritizing the wellbeing of his friends over the alarm bells blaring in the back of his brain. while the black-haired man's relaxed nature just made him seem like an asshole eager to push some buttons, the blue-haired man seemed calm in a manner that exuded authority and control over the situation, like a leader; he didn't believe he could trust them at all, but he didn't have much choice in their present circumstances. his instinct would have to take the backseat this time around.

after a deeply uncomfortable ride down the elevator squeezed between su-jin and the snake man, junsu peeled himself from the sweaty crowd and listened along quietly to their suggestions from a small distance. one of the powerful beings was a woman whose aura seemed wiser than her youthful face would suggest, a personification of rugged elegance and subtle poise in the way she carried herself. her plan seemed airtight, factoring in the danger they may face together and accounting for further communication should they plan to meet up again. su-jin seemed to be sold on it, scooping up the blue-haired man's arm and tugging him away down towards the main street. 'jaejun. gun-bi. haeun. yunseo.' oddly average names for such etheral lifeforms.

all in all, it was a good, solid plan, yes— one that junsu had absolutely no intention of participating in.

"that all sounds very nice, i'm sure it'll be a real blast,” junsu cracked his knuckles and piped up to the remaining crowd in the driest, most sarcastic tone his hoarse throat could muster. he had always defaulted to biting humor to hide the tremor in his fingers, but the exhaustion in his bones and raging migraine did nothing to soothe his foul mood. "personally, though? not for me. even if i didn't have to work tonight, i'd rather peel my dick and livestream it before willingly sitting for tea and scones with a beg-to-eat bitch." he jabbed an accusatory finger in yunseo's direction, leaving no room for interpretation as to who he was baselessly defaming with a hollow smile. “absolutely lovely meeting you all, though— see you on the other side!”

junsu did not wait for their permission or agreement before giving a mocking wave and departing from their solemn little get-together, shaking his head in exasperation. though snow littered the ground and the wind carried a frosty chill along its current, he was perfectly comfortable sauntering back to the metro station in his dark layers, having been immune to the cold for as long as he could remember. the gentle breeze felt nice against his charred skin, providing a soft reprieve to the permeating ache in his body and mind as he tried to wrap his head around all that he had just experienced.

had he lied about having a shift that night? sure. but they didn't know any better and he was under no obligation to explain shit to them. only two of the four had been even remotely pleasant in their greetings, and while he was used to salty welcomes and puffed-out egos, something about the snake man in particular left a deeply unsettled mixture in his gut. instinctually, he did not feel like a threat, but he didn't feel particularly safe either, and the contradiction confused him just as much as it pissed him off.

as junsu was leaving, however, he paused and turned back to catch yunseo's gaze. "if you try to follow me like a fucking stalker, i'm jumping off the 63 building and taking your moldy ass with me," he swore without a hint of his earlier mocking tone, narrowing his eyes at the watery man. "fucking freak." the last part came out as a grumble, more to himself than the target of his threats, before he set out once again to catch a train home and pretend like he had never met four suspicious people at the lotte world tower that day.

the north vessel

junsu.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

the west vessel

ok kiwoo

mood

fire?????

outfit

lotte world tower

interactions

pretty much everybody

Kiwoo felt like their head was spinning. This lady, dressed in the fanciest hanbok they'd ever seen, had their hand in a death grip and was leading them to gods only know where. Gunbi, they thought, her name is Gunbi. Somehow they knew that.

Mindlessly and panicked, he followed her rapid instruction. He covered his mouth and kept his eyes forward as she pulled him along. It was almost funny considering how he practically towered over her without even trying, and yet the grip of her small hand was more than enough to drag him where she needed him. He didn't know if that should worry him or not. There were many things that he should probably be worried about right now, but he simply does not have the time to.

Watching this tiny woman peel the elevator doors open as if they were pieces of paper in her way made him blink rapidly in hopes of clearing his vision because that cannot have happened. That paired with the fact that she spoke to him with such familiarity threw him for an even bigger loop. Her golden eyes captured him without hesitation and he couldn't help but just nod dumbly. Those eyes, he can swear he's seen those eyes before. They looked so familiar yet not at all. He couldn't quite place it.

She disappeared into the black smoke of the elevator and suddenly they were alone. At that moment Kiwoo felt whatever trance she had on them completely disappear. "Wha- What the fuck," they muttered incredulously to themself as they pushed the hair out of their face in a few panicked swipes.

Their head snapped around on a swivel as they desperately searched for the rest of their companions but there was little they could see with all the smoke and general chaos going around. Then again, they couldn't do much searching because she reappeared just as the mystery lady disappeared. The ease

Everything was happening so fast that he could barely process anything until they were out of the building and he could properly breathe again. It's not often that Kiwoo is struck silent with confusion, but unlike his much more rowdy peers, he says nothing. Not yet at least. Truth be told, if not for the fact that they were almost always an outwardly level-headed person, then they'd probably be just as freaked out and standoffish as Junsu.

As the sun pierced the clouds of smoke that surrounded them and gave a non-deadly kiss of warmth to their skin, Kiwoo suddenly felt their brain restart, and suddenly everything fell into place. God, what the hell just happened? Or should they say, gods?

He didn't want to believe it—it was almost unbelievable—but the pit in his stomach that formed as he stared at these literal Gods knew better than he did. The chaos around them did little to distract him from completely taking in the sights before him. Four beings of impossible power appear right before him and his friends and he can do nothing more than just stare. Suddenly everything he's ever believed or thought was turned upside down. It was an overwhelming feeling like he was being crushed by the invisible force of everything he's rejected up until now in his life.

All the stories of gods, the tales of his connection, and the power that came with it all hit him at once, and honestly? It made him feel sick. Gunbi, whose likeness was everywhere he looked while growing up, was right before him and she saved his life, and yet he felt nothing more than intense dread that reached all the way to his core.

His fist balled together at his sides as the bickering of everybody around him came to a head. Splitting up? Watched? "Shouldn't we at least discuss this a bit more before being whisked off?" He stared at Gunbi with subdued uncertainty. She clung to the one in blue, speaking to him like he had some authority. Odd. There were so many questions to be asked with no time for them to be answered.

"Discuss it as you wish," the firey lady said suddenly. Kiwoo had almost forgotten she was there, with her having been one of the first to disappear in the building. "But I will not be jeopardizing the life of me or my vessel for something so trivial. We will keep in touch," she said with such finality that he almost couldn't bring himself to disagree. Their mouth dropped to say something again, but of course, they were interrupted by Su-Jin agreeing and Junsu's abrupt departure. "Hyun- Su-!" they began to call after them, but they knew their words would fall onto deaf ears so there was no point.

Taking a deep breath, they closed their eyes for a moment and ran a hand over their face. An exasperated expression graced their features for a split second, only to be replaced with a calmer look. Their eyes automatically fall upon Gunbi once again. With knitted eyebrows, they say, "I'll go with you, but I need an explanation. None of this is making sense," they stated with a grunt.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back