• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

Middle

DJ SNAKE

overview.

H
    ello everyone! It's Pride here with an idea that has been lingering in my mind. I don't usually do an introduction when making a group search, but this search is going to be a bit different from my usual group searches. I am looking for a really small group of four people (myself included). This plot idea is also going to lean more into romance. I am not looking to make a large group for this. I just want something small and fun. If you have seen my group searches before, then you know that doubling (playing a male and a female character) is something I am big on for groups. It is going to be the same for this one. I also host the OOC part of my group threads on Discord (I can organize easily and get back to my partners faster). If these are things that won't work for you this may not be for you.

For the characters, only four of them will have set genders. The other four can be male or female based on the creator of the character (2 female and 2 males). I just want to avoid there being 6 girl characters and like 2 male characters. Now onto the actual story. I hope you will enjoy it and possibly stick around!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is based on The Four Symbols, I love exploring other religions and have been reading about these four mythical beasts for some time. To make the story interesting I have made some twists and changes)

The Four Symbols are four mythological creatures in Eastern Asian Culture that are the guardians of the four cardinal directions. We know that the symbols play an important part in religious and spiritual beliefs. We know that each of the four symbols has its origin story and personality. But what do we really know about these legends? If something has been around for thousands of years there are bound to be inaccuracies when it comes to what they were really like. Our story is about what the guardians of the seasons were really like and how they fell from grace because of the decision of man. But before I toss you headfirst into the darkest part of these beings' lives, we shall start simple. You may be wondering, what are the Four Symbols? Well, they have many names that they go by, the most common ones are “Four Guardians”, “Four Gods”, and “Four Auspicious Beasts”. They are the Black Tortoise of the North, the Azure Dragon of the East, the White Tiger of the West, and finally the Vermilion Bird of the South. This is where we encounter our first mistake in history. Everyone said there were four gods, but in reality, there were five.

The Black Tortoise of the North is often depicted as a tortoise intertwined with a snake. And in the stories about the Black Tortoise becoming the god of the North the snake they are intertwined with is mentioned. But the Snake is often looked over after the Both of them become gods. The Tortoise and the Snake worked together to rule the North and protected those who worshiped them. The gods were not bothered that the humans had forgotten about the Snake because they still respected the Tortoise as a god. But our story is not just about the Snake and the Tortoise. Let's get to know all of our gods better. Not only were the Four Symbols the guardians of the cardinal directions they also ruled over the four seasons. Taking part in making sure that nature stayed in balance. As the rulers of the North the Snake and Tortoise had control over the season of winter. The Azure Dragon was in charge of spring, while the White Tiger look over autumn. The leader of the North would bring in the summer. However, the seasons were not the gods' only responsibility. They also were tasked with looking after the people of their lands.

The stories we know of the Four Gods depicted the gods as their respective creatures but there was a time when people knew about the human shape that the gods could take. Even throwing celebrations when the gods would come down from the heavens to walk amongst the mortals. However, the details about what the gods looked like have been lost to time. That was not the only thing lost to time either. There is a past that the people tried very hard to erase from history. A time when the gods turned against the humans and threatened to wipe them out. During the time of kings, there was a time when people tried to overthrow the gods and believed that they were demons trying to poison humanity. During this time, demons threatened to consume the land, using the people trying to eliminate the gods as a means to feed and gain power. It was all hands on deck. The gods were spending most of their time in the mortal realm nowadays. Fighting back the hordes of demons in the lands. The humans trying to destroy the gods took note of this. They planned an ambush on the gods when they were at their weakest.

And it worked. The humans succeeded in taking the life of the Tortoise. Furious the four remaining gods used their gifts to help the demons and pushed the humans into a corner. It seemed all would be lost. However, the other gods came up with a plan to subdue the turned gods. They would seal the gods' powers in a human vessel, forcing them to once again protect the humans. The gods found four humans who were pure of heart to bind the gods to. It worked. But the relationship between the gods and humans was never the same. The humans still worshiped the gods but began to distance themselves from them, eventually forgetting them almost entirely as the future rolled around. As for the Four Symbols, the other gods came to the conclusion that these gods could not be released from their binds. Because if they were set free into the world once more, they would only try to harm humans again. Banished from the realm of the gods, the Four Symbols were sealed away by the humans that they were bound to by the other gods. With all problems being dealt with, it was easy to pretend that none of those events had actually happened.

Flash forward to the modern-day, the gods are still respected and people still know about the Four Symbols. But they do not know what really happened. The four families who became the vessels of the Four Symbols never forgot what role they played in helping humanity recover and reach this point. With each generation being taught about where their gifts come from. That’s right. When they became the vessels for the four gods' powers they gained abilities of their own as well. While it is nothing compared to what the gods could do during their time, the gifts allowed them to be protected if the gods were to ever use their powers on them. There is only one vessel each generation, and only another vessel can be born when the previous vessel passes away. The current vessels don’t really believe in the Four Symbols bull that their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. have been rambling about since day one. That is until an event triggers the release of the Four Gods. With the former gods being back in the mortal realm. The vessels are forced to explain that if evil was to be released back into the world the four gods would be brought back. So now the vessels and gods have to work together.

intro

roles

rules

We were Gods,

Respected, Powerful,
Loved

genre

KRP, Fantasy, Romance

status

accepting

gms

Me

spots open

3/4

questions?

PM me questions

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
I’d be interested in playing a vessel! Probably leaning a bit more towards the South vessel considering my… uh… affinity for fire, but I wouldn’t be opposed to trying out a different one.

yutohase yutohase I am glad you are interested! This thread has a doubling requirement so I would like people to play a vessel and a god.

I would be interested in the role of the Azure Dragon.

I fully realize I just posted this today, but seeing as though I am looking for just three other people I have set up the CS thread, if you are interested please feel to just head over to the cs thread and get started!

JUST A NOTE: I forgot to mention, that this is not first come first serve. I do want to close this pretty quickly. But I still want to give everyone who wants to join an equal chance.

Last edited:
Bumping this because I am gonna choosing a Judgement day for when I would like to close applications. If you are curious I will be posting it in the CS thread.

Edit to add: None has applied for the Azure Dragon or South Vessel yet! But has I mention earlier this is not first come first serve, so apply for the role you are interested in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back