• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings long time listener ☏ 1x1 search (updated 3/11: new plots, open!)

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tumblr_mrbeohmPID1qjkmofo1_500.gif

updated 3.11.23!

about me:
+ you can call me arly, he/him pronouns
+ not at all new to rp or rpn, despite the new account! you know the drill, trying to return to the hobby after a bit of a hiatus.
+ 18 y/o college student with an inconsistent schedule (but a good chunk of free time)
+ i never know what category to put myself under for this, but i would tentatively call myself lazy lit. one-liners are an absolute no from me, but i also can't promise anything near novella- i'd put my most comfortable range around 300-500 words per post, although i can push in either direction for what the scene calls for. this is a fun hobby, so i don't want to stress too much about word counts!
+ generally, i prefer dms or discord for rping- as far as ooc, discord is my preference but dms work as well. i can also do a public thread if you would prefer to for any reason!

about you:
+ preferably 18+
+ able to provide a couple paragraphs per post at least!
+ i don't care about long reply times at all since, yk, i can't promise quick replies myself- but i vastly prefer partners who are communicative. as long as we're in touch and you let me know, you can take as long as you'd like between replies! just don't leave me thinking you've ghosted if that wasn't your intention, y'know?
+ again about communication- i LOVE being chatty ooc, and really like partners who are the same. i'm very casual outside of rp and get super excitable about character and plot ideas. if you want someone who's willing to make playlists, mood boards, and any amount of stupid headcanons for our characters, i am totally your guy.
+ please let me know of any limits or triggers that you want avoided!

rp preferences:
+ i prefer m/m and f/f in pretty much any circumstance (as well as any relationship dynamic including nonbinary characters, but that's harder to sum up in a simple slash). basically, i'm just burnt out on m/f and likely won't be willing to rp it.
+ as you can probably tell by my first listing on here being about relationships, romance is pretty much a must for me. i'm a simple guy!
+ i've got some plot ideas below, but generally my interests lie in either slice of life or fantasy/supernatural.
+ i know a lot of people have strong preferences for face claim styles, so even if it's a bit unnecessary i'd like to say here: i've done every kind of face claim in the past and have literally zero preference. if you want realistic, or drawn, or descriptions, just lemme know and we'll do that.

plots:
these aren't all my ideas or the limits of my interest, but it always feels like a good idea to put some more concrete plots in the mix. none of the details here are set in stone, and you can feel free to share your own ideas or spins on the plot!

001. stray and shelter (realistic/modern, darker themes, slice of life)
Muse A is a long-time resident of a big city, hardened by years of work and trying to make it on their own. On their own, that is, save for the products of their bad habit--in a rare show of softness, Muse A can't help but take in any stray in need of a home, and their apartment has become its own kind of animal shelter for the ones that don't end up going to other homes. Muse B is brand new to the city, bright eyed with no idea of what's coming for them. Almost immediately after arriving, they're seen as easy prey: After being mugged and losing their phone and wallet in the process, they have no idea how to navigate the city or find help, and everyone on the street just averts their eyes and walks a little faster when Muse B approaches them. Everyone, of course, except for Muse A, whose bad habit can't let them leave behind another stray when confronted so directly.
(open to either muse)

002. a gilded blade (medieval/royalty, drama, enemies to lovers kinda)
Muse A is not one of those chosen elites, the ones who have it easy in their high towers behind fortress walls--their family struggles to get by any day, the lowest of the low in the eyes of the ruling class. It's no surprise that when Muse A is given the opportunity to gain riches unimaginable for one in their station, that they'll take it. They're approached by a member of the nobility with an offer that could feed their entire family for years, all for completing one simple task: The assassination of Muse B, the royal next in line for the throne. It's not a difficult choice to make, given that Muse A doesn't particularly care for the lives of the royal family, at least not more than the lives of their own. And so they're sent undercover, strings pulled to give them a position as Muse B's closest servant, and given a six month deadline for carrying out the killing without getting caught. Of course, Muse A didn't account for growing fond of Muse B in their time together, or for the task of taking their life to grow more and more difficult as the deadline approaches.
(open to either muse)

003. material on hold (university, 90s or modern, can easily be combined with other plots or ideas)
Muse A is a university student who practically lives in their spacious campus library, either looking for research materials, finding pleasure reading, or just spending time studying. The library, while beautiful and well-stocked, is also a bit of a relic of the past, and they still use check-out cards for every material as opposed to an online catalogue. This is how Muse A makes a realization: For nearly every book they check out, the same name rests on the line above it. That's the name of Muse B, another student at the university with a helpless attraction to Muse A. The two are practically strangers, and since Muse B only sees A at the library with their focus on a book, they decide to take a far less direct approach to get their attention. That approach, of course, is to check out books almost at random, just with the hopes that Muse A will notice their name on the cards and notice them in the process.
(open to either muse; thinking this could be combined with a project partnership or some other academic plotline, idk)

004. easy a (university kinda, annoyances to lovers, realistic/modern)
Muse A is not a college student; They swore off education as soon as they got out of high school, and have been living that way just fine for the past few years. They are, however, a very well-known fixture among the student body of their local university for their services: Muse A will write a passing paper for any class, given the right price. The academic dishonesty business is going pretty well until Muse B gets wind of it. Muse B is a graduate TA at the school who had heard of Muse A in passing, but they don't realize the extent of their work until they learn that almost every paper they've been grading for the school year wasn't written by their students at all. Strangely, they're less angry with the cheating and more annoyed that a self-proclaimed non-academic is so damn good with the material. The annoyance leads Muse B to becoming Muse A's greatest annoyance, showing up to their place of work relentlessly in order to try and talk them into taking these classes for real. (Or, barring that, to stop leaching money from college kids on deadline.)
(open to either muse)

wordbank:
this is a jumble, but i tried to cover some stuff i didn't have specific plots for!

witches | friends/enemies to lovers | university | (academic) rivalry | pirate x royalty | urban fantasy | supernatural creatures | angels and demons | fake dating | café | fairytale inspired | ghibli inspired | historical setting: medieval europe/edo period japan | workplace shenanigans | opposites attract | pretty much every stupid trope in the book

i hope i piqued someone's interest along the way! if you'd like to rp, please shoot me a dm. ciao ciao!

Last edited:
bump, updated just slightly and back in business < 3 if anyone potentially wants to revive any old rp or conversation, please feel free to reach out!

bump again- i took a few plots and also added some new ones (3 and 4)! i'm in the middle of a college au craving if you couldn't tell lmao

Hello! Im very interested in the 2 plot the gilded blade, I dont mind either role but I have a prince oc already made! But I do like drawing/redrawing my characters for roleplays anyways… but ah sorry, a bit about me! Im 18, genderfluid, literate, love OOC and angst, doesnt have triggers and do at least 3 paragraphs ! If you wanna give me a chanve, perhaps you can dm me your discord or we can do pms? Thank you! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back