• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Long Term + Slow Paced + Deep Characters + Plot Twists = Join me!

Junko Natsumizaka

Just a demonic overlord studying Earth firsthand.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
DM if you fit the description, or have any ideas of your own~

ad8b70db2e92c4c371974876f96e1610.jpg
32fc477ad6b93defbe5eb6c794977d64.jpg
e6aee95a19d57f666a52453ded1a3ced.jpg

~Loves writing lengthier posts (Multiple paragraphs + good grammar) (Dialogue scenes between characters are different!)
~Lemme know if you wanna drop, don't ghost~ I'll do the same for you!
~You'll let me know in advance when you'll be too busy to reply! I'll do the same!
~You'll be able to post 1+ times a week. I know a life exists outside our imaginary worlds, but I also would love to keep the plot moving! (And if I don't hear from you for a week, even in OOC, I'll assume you've dropped)

~You have a mutual hatred of:
+forced/expositional dialogue
+forced conflict
+plot armor
+the 'love at first sight' cliche
+the 'they fell in love in two days' bullsh!t
+the 'that character you proved was dead is still alive'/'character that is not immortal somehow lives through things they shouldn't be able to' cliche
+OP characters

~You have a mutual appreciation for:
+intricate plots
+tons of description (characters' inner monologues, scenery/setting description, world building, etc.)
+slow burn romance
+dark comedy
+dark themes
+mystery and plot twists!
+deep characters
+ooc chat
+long posts
+angst
+realism (even if we're doing a magical rp, we'll still need the rules of that world to make sense, and character decisions to be logical from a psychological standpoint as well...you know, not breaking character)

Behold, my list of plots! Always adding new things!

WOOASM (We're Off On A Secret Mission)

A jester-like warlock and his astute halfling are on a quest to stop an evil king-candidate from taking over the kingdoms in a DnD-esque world. The king-to-be goes from kingdom to kingdom, using his charisma - or the threat of his dragon's destruction - to forge alliances, and his dream is to rule over all kingdoms with an iron fist. It's a race against the king to collect one item from each kingdom to cast a spell that will grant anyone one limitless wish - the perfect cure for an ambitious menace. Little do they know, the king-to-be is also after the items, seeking his own, selfish wish. The warlock needs to replace the third member of his party with a more suitable member - will you join the warlock's party on their quest?

I've got tons of worldbuilding on this one, and we could fill in extra details together! It's a colorful, diverse world, with each kingdom being unique and intriguing. I've also got multiple plot points that could be followed, depending on your character's decisions. It was so hard to condense the plot down to just these words, since I'm so passionate about it I want to share everything. However, I'm hoping you enjoy surprises as much as I do.

The Mafia Man and the Vending Machine

Leo (Nova) is a man with tons of problems. In a world full of magic, there are two kinds of people. Mafia gangs, and store owners. Leo runs the only flower shop around. It's one of the most lucrative jobs around because there are only two things mafia heads can agree on: fighting solves everything, and flowers should be sent to the rival gang as an invitation to said fight. Leo's shop display boasts the most popular 'death symbolism flowers' (black roses, red spider lilies, etc.), making him ultra rich. By day, Leo hangs out in the store and in between selling flowers to customers, he tries his best to beat his dead ex-girlfriend's high score on his retro game machines (Tetris, Galaga, Pac Man, Asteroids). When he does, her rude ectoplasm will stop haunting him for good. By night, Leo delivers flowers to different mafia gangs, and often watches fights. Guns are a draconic concept, replaced by swords, ever since the heavens blessed humans with the ability to draw swords from their auras, with each sword containing a remarkable power based on the person's personality (The winner of the sword fight gets everything the loser owns. If they tie, they're due for a rematch. Substitute fighters are allowed.). Finally, there's Leo's wannabe lover Bella, who visits the flower shop every day to try and convince Leo to fall in love with her. He's not feeling it because she's too over the top, forceful, and controlling.

One day, a super cheerful, mischievous girl (mafia boss's daughter) enters Leo's shop and hides behind the register, begging Leo not to spill the beans. Some mafia guys come in, Leo lies, and the mafia guys leave.

Turns out, the girl ran away from her father, who wants her to take over the business. She wants no part of all the violence, but wasn't sure where else to go, since Leo has a reputation for being kind and neutral to all mafia members - his shop is also a neutral zone for all mafia members.

After telling Leo her story, she persuades Leo to let her work in the store. Leo agrees, and uses his illusion magic to change her appearance so no one recognizes her. As she works there, he teaches her how to fight with a sword, and they hatch a plan together to take down all the mafia organizations. In return, she manages to beat the ex-girlfriend's high scores on the retro machines, FINALLY freeing him of her ghost.

I'm sorry if my explanation is all over the place...out of all my plots, this is the only one I've planned all the way to the end, with plot twists, surprise events, etc. Still room for flexibility, of course~ I'm trying to show enough of the explanation I typed out to get you interested but also not reveal too much. 😊 I also thought of all the swords' powers/elements. I'll share Loyalty's powers with you now, since it relates heavily to the plot:

#8 Sword of Loyalty

The wielder's opponent will doubt their own abilities throughout the duration of the battle, and the victor will gain a selflessly loyal slave in the vanquished.

Wrath swords are the most popular, followed by pride. I was thinking the mafia boss's daughter could have a loyalty sword, and their plan is to have her fight each mafia boss head. When she wins all five fights (five heads), she'll order them all to stop fighting.

Halloween Night

On Halloween, Muse A and 1-3 of her friends (+ a few of my characters - seven total) visit a magical 'Haunted House' that is supposed to test friendships. Skeptical at first, their expectations crash even harder at the childish interior - not even 1% scary. One part of it, the highest floor, has a room that closes after Muse A and her group friends step inside. An interactive hologram informs them they each get to choose a superpower: Rewinding time, x(haven't decided), x(haven't decided), x(haven't decided), x(haven't decided), x(haven't decided). There are six powers, and seven people. The shy one in the group accidentally chooses one, making a joke about it and not realizing the system for assigning powers was voice activated. Then the other six must decide who gets powers and who does not. The voice on the screen then informs that the powers are only temporary, and as soon the players leave the haunted house the powers will disappear, as will any evidence of their actions within. If a player survives the haunted house, they have the choice of keeping their memories or not. All of this was announced as a disturbing series of scrapes and screeches sounds from the other side of the door, and the room melts into a more disturbing form.

"The remainder of the rules will be explained shortly." The hologram explains.

In addition, there's a mystery that slowly unravels, if you pick up the clues: one of the friends in your party is responsible for the events within the house tonight~

*The inside of the haunted house, and the monsters within can be adjusted to make the experience the best for you:

Level I - The house remains childishly decorated, like a harmless arcade level, with gigantic, luminescent Pac Men as the monsters that slowly digest you after swallowing you whole - no gore.
Level II - We can discuss it together, and create monsters and interiors that are just right~
Level III - The monsters are closer to nightmare fuel, and the house's interior is disturbing. Think body horror, strange patterns, and more Lovecraftian monsters.

Demons and Disasters

Muse B is a highschool student who uses a ouija board to contact a deceased loved one, what they get instead is a demon in their room (Muse A)!. The simple way to get rid of it is simple; have the demon complete a deal and the demon can leave. The only issue is that demons are known to be tricksters, and usually someone ends up hurt or worse. Muse B lets Muse A linger around them for a while, and the demon gets more and more impatient to complete a deal. A few months down the line, havoc ensues as Muse A pulls out all the stops...what will Muse B do?

Supers

In a world where superheroes usually pick their apprentices, Muse B is a hero who never managed to find a kid he clicked with. He ends up finding Muse A, a young teenager, passed out in an ice storm one day, and takes her home to help keep her warm. Turns out Muse A has some wild superpowers and Muse B decides to make Muse A his apprentice, even if there is some trauma to work through.

Genie's Revenge

Muse A finds old lamp that looks just like the one from Aladdin. Who wouldn't try rubbing it, even as a joke? Muse B has been trapped in the lamp by the previous genie, and forced to become a genie himself. Oh, and he can also grant unlimited wishes. However, Muse B will only grant wishes to the master who will help him get his revenge on the person who captured him....and Muse B originally lies that his wishes can only accomplish things that are humanly possibly, with the magic functioning only to speed things up...he did this because last time the full freedom of his wishes was given to another person, it ended quite badly...let's just say 9/11, and a few other awful historical events wouldn't have played out if he hadn't.

House of Stained Glass

Muse A's father disappeared a few years ago, and the culprit remains unidentified. Her mother works three jobs to provide for Muse A's college tuition. Muse A takes care of the house, her mother, and studies hard. Muse B is an aspiring detective, A+ student, and a loner. One day, just as Muse A comes home from school, her mother comes home when she should've been at work. Her face is glowing with joy, and she announces that she's quit her job and gotten engaged to someone she's been dating for over a year: the father of Muse B. Can Muse A and Muse B learn to get along? More importantly, can Muse A get Muse B to help him solve his father's disappearance?

The Bet

Muse A and her best friend are two rich college kids with too much time on their hands. Muse B is a loner who appreciates being invisible to just 'focus on his grades and get through it'. Fun isn't his objective, but it is something he desires. Muse A's best friend bets one million dollars that Muse A can't get Muse B to fall in love with her in a month. Muse A, taking Muse B for a lonely boy with no standards, takes the challenge without hesitation. Turns out, Muse B is the coldest person Muse A has ever encountered! In addition, another student is attempting to win Must B's heart as well! After Muse B starts opening up to Muse A, Muse A finds herself falling for him. Just as Muse B begins to reciprocate, Muse A's best friend gets jealous and spills the beans about the bet. What will happen next?

Alternative idea: Having this take place at a magical school! We could do a Harry Potter universe, or something more solemn like The Magicians~

COMING SOON!

PM answering these questions~

1 - May I see a writing sample? Something around the normal/preferred length of your posts! (I'd love to see a sample/samples that show how you describe scenery, inner dialogue/character thoughts, and how you handle dialogue scenes!)(I'll provide a writing sample that fits these requirements upon request~)
2 - May I know the response times you have in mind?
3 - What plot interests you? If nothing here sparked your interest, I'd love to hear what ideas you've got in mind! I'm full of ideas, so I'm sure we can work something out~
4 - Do you know what sort of character you'd love to use?

Last edited:
🕯️ It's no longer called October. It's called Halloween Month. 🕯️

:ghostr: 🦇 🍬 🎃 HAPPY HALLOWEEN MONTH, EVERYONE! Of course I'll be rewatching every Halloween special I know, along with some horror movies! I'll be starting with my favorite Halloween special... 🎃 🦇 🍭 :ghostv:

Just finished watching Enchanted...I never realized how close either of the mains were to cheating on their partners with those kisses at the ball. HELL NO that wouldn't fly with my boyfriend.

Best boyfriend ever~

My boyfriend sent me this song when we first met. Now I listen to it when I'm missing him, because it reminds me of him~

He's everything I ever dreamt of, if only my dreams were so sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back