Hi! My name is shaquille_oatmeal and I've been RPing for 15+ years (I started when Neopets was popular). I created a profile on this site a while back and never used it, but now that I am getting the hang of things and have come to appreciate it versus other sites, I have come here to find long-term RPers. I'm open to PMs, email, Discord, or wherever else to RP!
General Expectations - I really hate the word “expectations” because I don't like to expect things from anyone, but since most of you have these set up for yourselves and other RPers, I figured I'd create something of the like:
- able to write more than just a 1 sentence reply. Nothing irritates me more than someone who doesn't seem interested. If you're at a loss for words, just let me know and maybe I can just do another reply to help everything along the way.
- communication! I'm super easy to talk to and would love it if you told me if there was something that you didn't like or something that you want to change. Let me know, talk to me!
- not ghosting me. If you don’t like our RP or are just not wanting to participate anymore, please just let me know. I will not be upset and would prefer this over being ghosted after building an RP relationship. I get that life can be crazy – I work a lot and am also a full-time student. There will be times where I cannot reply back right away and understand the same for everyone else.
RP Expectations - I'm super open to just about anything and not many things bother me, but the things that do, I've listed here:
- please don't God Mode, it's frustrating and will most likely cause me to no longer want to RP with you. I can try and work with it a few times in the story, but if it continues, I'm out.
- be open-minded to new things. When I say this, I mean be open to playing both genders and don't expect me to play the opposing gender before we've talked everything out.
- try to be open to multiple roles, as this is something that I'm used to doing and enjoy very much, for it helps keep the story going and can avoid writer blocks, at least for me anyway!
- grammar and spelling are somewhat important to me. I don't care if you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, although it'll probably give me an uncomfortable twitch here and there, it's not going to stop me from wanting to RP with you as long as I can understand what you're saying and you are putting effort into your replies.
- * this isn't really an expectation, but more of a hope of mine, haha. I love character bios and pictures, whether it's anime, drawings, or a photo from the internet. So, please, get creative! I usually will add a picture and some bio with my characters.
Now, for the fun part! I'm extremely open to new ideas and stories, so please don't be afraid to let me know if there is something that you've been itching to try that I haven't listed. I will be completely honest in saying that I am not very good with fandoms, but that doesn't mean I won't try! Here is my list and it will more than likely get lengthier with time!
* modern casual
* character development
* apocalyptic (post/pre/etc.)
* futuristic (Blade Runner or Cyberpunk vibes)
* virtual reality
* monsters/other creatures
* probably more that I haven't listed here
* student x student (this could be high school or college)
* single parent x single parent
* teacher x parent
* married x single
* relationship x single
* single x single
* bartender x customer
* doctor/nurse x patient
* doctor/ nurse x doctor/nurse
* vampire x human
* werewolf x human
* robot x human
* robot x robot
* hero x civilian
* bad guy/girl x good guy/girl
* long distance
* more that I probably haven't listed!
I am not good at these - the only thing I will do as far as fandoms go would be to create a plot loosely based off of a book/movie/series/whatever.
* character A and character B are in a relationship, but character C is a good friend of character A, thus coming into their lives and leaving character B questioning their relationship with character A.
* character A is successful and single, not really wanting to be tied down, but then something tragic happens to them, not allowing them to lead the life they once had. character A meets character B as a caretaker and feelings begin to blossom and the story goes from there, though character A has lost most of their hope to want to keep living a meaningful life, for they can't do the things they were once able to do, thus making the relationship between the 2 hard.
* character A and character B are in an arranged marriage but end up falling for each other or hating each other, dun, dun, dun!
* at the beach, a particularly strong wave knocks character A under the water and is left fighting to reach for air; character B is the first person to see character A struggling and comes to the rescue.
* it's winter time again in the northern Midwest and character A asks character B (existing acquaintances) to come over and help fix the heater, but a blizzard causes them to be stuck inside the house together, relying on candles and no electricity.
* while on a camping trip with a small group of friends, character A wanders off to use the bathroom; they get turned around somehow on the way back and end up at character B’s tent, who is also out camping, but they're not with a group. Why is character B alone?
* character A finally cashed in their adventure fund for the road trip they’ve been dying to take. After a few hours of cruising, they stop at the last gas station for several miles. As they’re heading to the register to pay for the fuel and snacks, they realize that they forgot the pump number and head to the glass door to peek outside. to character A’s shock, someone is stealing their car. character A runs out of the convenience store, but it’s too late to stop the thief from getting away. character A calls the police to make a report, but the nearest station is 3 hours away; there’s no telling how long it will take for an officer to arrive. character B, a traveling nurse, overhears character A’s story and kindly offers to give them a lift. character A isn’t sure about accepting a ride from a stranger, but character B seems nice and they really don’t want to hang around the gas station until nightfall.
* character A and character B have known each other since middle school. they were best friends then - secretly crushing on one another all the while. however, when the two began high school, character A went one way, and character B went another. over the summer of their junior year, they reconnect, and as different as they are on the outside, they still feel the same on the inside. the biggest difference is that they are no longer afraid of their feelings for each other. there’s just one problem: character A will be moving out of state/country, come autumn. despite the odds stacked against them, the two decide to make a long-distance relationship work - for better or for worse, right? will frequent phone conversations and video chat dates be enough to keep their love alive until they can see one another face-to-face again?
* despite their age difference, character A and character B have a whirlwind courtship. they laugh over the things they don’t have in common and eagerly introduce each other to what’s popular for their generation: Atari vs PS4, Vinyl vs MP3. they spend every possible moment they can spare with one another. after several weeks, character A and character B make their relationship official. character A invites character B to a special dinner at which character B will be introduced to character A’s parents. when Character B arrives and Character A’s mother/father turns around to greet them, they’re stunned to come face-to-face with their same-age business associate/boss.
* tired of meeting people at bars and nightclubs, since they only seem to want one thing, character A puts an ad online to meet someone who shares their desire to have a mature conversation instead of a one-night stand. character B answers the ad. character A and character B communicate virtually for a few weeks before agreeing to meet in person. the pair meet up at a neutral location on Valentine’s Day, simply because they both happen to be available on the specific date. despite the initial anxiousness that the pair is experiencing more than they let on, character A and character B gradually relax and find that the other’s intentions are pure as promised and realize that they have more in common and hopefully won't have to spend Valentine's Day alone.
* character A hates everything associated with Valentine's Day. the commercialism, the public displays of affection, the chalky heart-shaped candies, and everything else. every Valentine's Day, they typically lock themselves inside and avoid all instances of conventional romance, since they have zero interest in that sort of thing. instead of spending the day with a significant other like seemingly everyone else around them, this year they decide to devote the day to themselves. they will mark something off their bucket list, or several things if they can. they meet character B on the first stop of their “self-day” and the two strangers have a good time, possibly rethinking the meaning of the hallmark holiday.
* character A and character B meet at an animal shelter, eventually hitting it off and sharing each other's dreams of opening their own animal sanctuary.
* character A lost their significant other while they were away (army, business trips, etc.) and is trying to move on with their lives. A few years (or however long) goes by and they meet character B – a relationship forms, but it’s not long until character A learns that their ‘deceased’ significant other never died and is coming back home. (This could allow for a character C)
* a group of characters goes on dark tourist trips (we can decide this together) and things go terribly wrong, forcing the group(s) to rely on each other to once again reach safety.
* a new couple moves into the old farmhouse of their dreams and are convinced that the price was too good to be true, though the realtor never mentioned anything out of the ordinary. Soon enough, the couple starts experiencing weird things, but never says anything to each other in fear of seeming weak or scared of something that isn’t there. along with things happening to them individually, the couple comes to find out that the town they moved to has a haunting history that directly contributes to the house they just bought.
* character A meets character B at a small local concert and the spark is instant. character A gets to know character B throughout the next couple of months and finds out that character B is deeply into the occult and soon finds herself in a horrific bind – literally.
* character A and B have been together for a while, but it was time for them to meet each other’s parents. the meeting with character A’s parents went wonderfully, but then came time to meet character B’s family. character A is instantly thrown for a loop when their partner’s parents start psychoanalyzing them and digging into their not-so-proud past and personal life. it doesn’t take long for character A to realize that they’ve been manipulated and even hypnotized into their perfect servant. though, this isn’t character B’s first rodeo in bringing their partners to their parent’s house to do this to each of them before they are bought and tortured or used for whatever the buyer pleases (this idea is from the movie 'Get Out').
* after moving into an ancient mill, character A is drawn to explore age-old witchcraft. but character A's new home has a dark occult history that no one in the village dares to speak of. character B will have to be something that we come up with together --- they could be evil, trying to help character A, a neighbor, etc.
* character A, an FBI agent, works tirelessly to catch up on/with character B, a person who likes to travel to new places on vacation - and slaughter the people they meet there.
* it’s a battle of power and there are only 2 races left after the great war of thrones; the elves and the night-dwellers. character A and B will be from each opposing side and fight to the death until their race triumphs and defeats extinction.
* a cursed pirate treasure reeks supernatural havoc, character A has to muster up magic to save her friends/family and possibly the entire human race. during their search for their powers, they meet character B who doesn't want to stop what the cursed treasure has started.
* character A discovers that they are part of a new race evolved by humans and from the moment they find out, there are twists and turns. character B has known for a long time what they are and act as a guide to character A after tension and dislike.
* more to come
Again, I love trying new things, so if there is something that's not listed here, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know your thoughts! Happy RPing!