• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Long-Term Partner Search!

horrorshow

black magic and cigarettes
Okay, I'm going to try to make this short and sweet.

I have some super basic m/m plots I'm gonna throw in here that aren't even really plots so much as small ideas we can turn into something if you want. Most of these are slice of life/modern stuff, but I might add some more later on in the day if I feel like writing the others up.

I'm twenty-three, Army, and furthering my education right now. Ya boy can have a tight schedule, but I try to respond a few times a week, sometimes more or less than that. But I won't ghost you, if I lose interest or just don't have time (or get whisked away for training or something) I will always let ya know... I've been writing for twelve years now, it is my primary form of self expression. I'm from the south and also currently living here in Georgia. I'm like, mega friendly and talkative so I'm down with that kind of thing if you're an ooc chat type. Come be my friend!

Also every single one of you intimidates me with your beautiful threads, coding, character sheets, and posts. Please don't expect me to be even remotely good at that stuff. I don't know how you do it and it scares me.

Honestly I'm laid back. I just like for someone to be mostly literate/semi-lit, willing to communicate to build a good start/setting, and patient. And honestly no hard feelings if you do ghost me. You don't need to, because I am mega understanding if you need to leave the roleplay for any reason, but I won't get mad or anything. My biggest thing is be patient with me, I have a very demanding personal schedule.
I will write very long posts at times but I am not expecting the same exact length in return. Sometimes my posts can be super short (no less than a paragraph though) so I totally get it. Go with what you feel!
But I will say the most important thing is teamwork, so just be willing to work with me to keep things going if we need to or just in general to get them going.

Okay so, as far as ideas go, I have a few very small ones that could be turned into something bigger if you feel up to working on them with me, that would be cool! Again these are m/m plots for the most part.

Muse A's older sister is getting married. Since she is the golden child of a very affluent family from a small town in the south, her parents are taking the entire family (and some extended family and friends are tagging along, too) on a trip out of the country for a destination wedding! (Can be like, Greece, Italy, France, whatever).
Muse A loves his family and his sister but is dreading the three week trip out of town since he is more of an introverted type, and the thought of being surrounded by family constantly for that extended period of time isn't necessarily exciting.
Muse B lives at the destination the wedding is taking place in, is very extroverted and bored with their life as they are home from university for the summer. They meet Muse A who is on their wedding vacation with the family and they hit it off pretty immediately, and there's lots of Muse A sneaking out of the hotel to hang out with the boy he just met, exploring the destination, trying to keep his fling from the family.
I have several ideas to add to this: One is that Muse A isn't out to his family, so he has to be extra careful not to let anyone catch him sneaking out with a guy almost every day/night.
One is that (and this one would be angst I guess) instead of another character altogether, Muse A falls for his sister's fiance, who falls for him, too. They'd spend a lot of time together on the wedding vacation since the sister would be hanging out with her girlfriends/cousins prepping for the wedding. We'd have to figure out where to take that one.
For this plot I'm okay with either sharing control of the side characters (since the family would occasionally be involved in posts) or even making a cs for the ones we think will be relevant and separately playing them as needed or whatever. Open to discussion on this one.

Okay this one I just feel like this is the first summer after high school has ended and two best friends have taken up a job working in a hotel together, since they decided to take a gap year before college. The job is a couple hundred miles from their hometown so they both get their own room in the hotel to stay in and they can visit their hometown on their days off, or something. Anyway, for a while it's all fun and games and they are enjoying being in a bigger city and living in a hotel (since they're probably from a small town or whatever) and then... Well, that's where I know there is more plot to be had but I haven't thought of it yet. Maybe they start to fall for each other, and then someone exotic and cool comes to stay in the hotel for a couple of weeks and either one of them gets super caught up on that person, or they BOTH crush on that person and fight for their attention (which ends up just hurting both of them because nooo they really love each other or something). I don't know, if anyone has any ideas to add to this, by all means. I wanna do the plot I just don't have a lot of direction for it right now.

I've been wanting to do something that's an older, single father type thing. Has a couple of kids and a good job. But he's overall not super happy with life right now. Loves his kids and maybe doesn't hate his job, but has some dreams he put on hold or something and hasn't had the time/motivation to ever see them through. Then he meets a much younger (but still over 18 though) guy who is maybe super rebellious or just rowdy, and they kind of hit it off. But obviously the single father is trying to be realistic and reason with himself that he can't possibly date someone so young, especially not when he has kids and responsibilities but oh no this young rebel is so hot and wait a second, he's nice to my kids oh no! Maybe the younger one is like, an aspiring musician, or a tattoo artist, or something.
Alternatively The dad can be maybe super struggling right now with money and the kids are acting crazy and in general life is a mess, and the younger person kinda comes in and in a weird out of the box way helps him get his shit together.

-I would love to do just a really angsty toxic relationship type plot if anyone has any they want to share or if anyone wants to come up with something together. I'm such a sucker for these things and I miss doing them.
-Kid from religious family meets and falls for a goth/wiccan/alternative type kid.
-I don't know give me your ideas if you want to.

PM me my dudes, introduce yourself and throw some ideas at me or tell me if you like any of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back