• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Long-term, original, advanced, platonic, action-packed plot. Looking for a fellow adventurer.

Loud_and_proud

One Delta Ten Tango
Hi, the name's Loud and I have an idea for two mature male characters in a dark-ish high-fantasy medieval world.

It’s been ten years since King Martin IV came to power. Martin the Murderer they call him, for it’s also been ten years since the bloodiest and cruelest rebellion against the new crown which unleashed war against the mightiest people* of all Kingdom. Fierce orcish warriors, gifted elven wizards, mysterious dragons and peaceful merfolk that rules over the great seas – all of them fell victims of the King’s groundless fears and suspicions. Many knowledgeable mages were threatened and forced to seal up their abilities with a powerful brand of treachery, taking not only their spells but in many cases their lives as well. Many capable fighters that served the King’s army in the past, even those of his personal guard, were falsely accused of espionage and conspiracy and thrown into the deepest dungeons, of course, if their heads weren’t cut off in the court process. Not to mention the bloodbath of the high seas – many of them are still dark-red, even to these days.

The cities strive to live normally; many of them succeed in imitating the glorious past of this land with their enthusiastic attempts. But the revolution failed and faded, and there’s more misery yet to come. The creatures of the dark realms, which were held back before thanks to the many mages of the crown, are now at large, attacking, possessing and consuming everything alive in their path. Bandits and rogues sense the end of the Kingdom and hurry to earn their fortune by terrorizing people twice as boldly as they did ten years ago, and there are ten times as many of them as there ever were. Everyone is an enemy, every day is an ordeal. It seems that the hope is lost.

Is it though?

It’s been said that long ago, before the first human casted the first spell, the essence of the Earth and the Sky was hidden inside a gem that was later broken by the Gods themselves, and its pieces were scattered across the world and lost forever. It’s been also said that the first to collect all the pieces will gain enough power to close the dark realms, bring down the mad king, restore piece and save the world from dissolving itself. There are twenty four** pieces and obtaining even one of them is a great trial, but, believe it or not, there are people ready to start this journey with the intention to walk it through to the very end.

YC*** is a legendary warrior, a revolutionary and one of the leaders of the rebellion in the past, now a mercenary. Experienced and trained to wield all kinds of weapons, he can take on a dozen armed and armored men with a single dagger and win without getting a scratch. His strength, his stamina and the precision of his strikes are those of a non-human being, his eyes see through any attack and his hits break any defense, and even though the crown constantly sends its fighters after him, the known criminal remains free. But what seems like a blessing is a curse in disguise. Though his physical abilities are enormous, he has absolutely no talent in magic. In the world where even kids can create a dot of light in their hands he’s the only one unable to make even a spark. And it costs him much. Many evil spirits from the dark realms haunt him to possess his incredible body and many demons crave to devour him, and he can’t even sleep peacefully at night knowing there might always be another enemy he can’t face, hiding in the dark, waiting to get him.

MC**** is a mage that was fighting against the dark realm his whole life. He knows many powerful spells and can use them at an excellent level, being one of the best if not the best of his profession in the whole world. Now, however, his talent bears no use to him. Known as the archmage at the past King’s service for almost two years before Martin the Murderer took his place, the sorcerer disappeared strangely and shortly after that joined the rebellion. Though unable and unwilling to physically kill or harm people, he saved many lives on the home front and protected both armies from the dark realms. He was later imprisoned but escaped in a year, disappearing completely this time. But his face is on every “wanted” poster and his appearance is hard to hide. The crown constantly sends many warriors to capture him. Having absolutely no talent in physical fighting, the mage can’t protect himself. It’s been many years since the last time he had a good sleep and wasn’t woken up by the sounds of another attack.

They haven’t met personally but have heard many rumors about each other, thus developing some kind of mutual respect and distant liking. They don’t know yet how well their talents work together and how great of a team they can become, but YC is in search of MC and ready to offer him to look for the mysterious gem pieces together. The RP starts with the warrior finding the mage in a quiet old tavern in the outskirts of a quiet and small town. Little do they know about another murderous assault prepared for them, a trap they will escape by working together or die everyone on his own.

* - there is no such thing as “human race” in this world. Many representatives of elven or other species look similar to humans in our understanding of the word, but the term “humans” or “people” refers to any sentient humanoid creature, including orcs, dragons and many others. Same for the terms “man” and “woman”.

** - yes, this is a Skyrim reference.

*** - Your Character.

**** - My Character.

- My posts are freaking huge. Literally. If you can write a Word page in Calibri 11 about a fallen leaf and how it affects YC’s emotions, I’m totally buying it. Of course, I can do normal-sized posts, but five paragraphs are the lowest I’ll go. Give me something to work with. In details, if possible.

- I’m not really comfortable starting up so I’ll expect you to write the first post.

- I understand you may have many questions and I’m ready to answer them. But please, for the sake of all Gods, make them at least a little specific. When I hear something along the lines of “Tell me about the settings”, my inner self screams in panic.

- I can do one post a day, sometimes more. I don’t expect the same frequency from you, but I want to at least hear from you once a day to know you’re still in it. Anything goes. I enjoy OOC chat, appreciate memes and love to discuss plot and characters.

- I don’t do character sheets unless you convince me it’s super necessary. And I totally suck at looking for face claims so if there will ever be one, it’ll most likely be a shitty anime-like wanna-be-stylish art I stole from Google search result for “a guy”.

- The characters are both at least thirty years old. No childish behavior, crappy “sarcasm” or dumb competitiveness. Of course, they don’t have to be serious all the time, and a good doze of humor is always appreciated, but… Just keep their age in mind, ok?

- They’re kinda over-powered but definitely not invincible, so do remember to harm yo boi sometimes to add some danger and drama. Everyone can suffer and die.

- Let me know in the first PM what’s your favorite color if you’ve read this far. Oh, and don’t reply to the thread.

- I won’t do romance unless you convince me it’s absolutely necessary and adds to the story. But I’m down for some “fond” friendship and interesting dynamics.

Have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back