• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

JesterTagz

The Trickster
Yo. The name's Tonks.
I'm looking for a long term rp partner who is willing to develop characters and plot.
I do advanced literate rps and am pretty much able to roll with anything Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Modern.
I've got a fairly developed D&D style universe, a fleshed out modern setting and a sci-fi place under works/
Anyone interested?

Ok here’s what’s up:

D&D style world. My main location is the kingdom Lir. It’s a huge place, almost entirely covered in forests and save for the random ogre camps and the main city, Calydon, almost nothing’s been touched. It’s hundreds of thousands of miles’ worth of forest. I can work in some ruins, elven and tabaxi camps, I have a homebrew race called the auguri which are always hanging around where you least expect them. The elves look down on everyone, as elves often do, and I really love the LOTR style elves so that’s what we’re going with (sue me I guess).

The auguri and gargoyles (some wild magic caused a few stone statues to come to life, badabing badaboom, hundreds of years later they have a thriving society and are vicious hunters) are at constant war with each other. The fey are basically annoying everyone. There’s a whole bunch of issues going on with the unseelie court and humans which I can get into if y’all would like to know.

The kingdom of Lir is ruled by a gay werewolf and basically everyone loves him. The demon who ruled before him did a lot of nasty stuff including going to war with the kingdom of Gailux (this one belongs to JustYourFantasy JustYourFantasy , so shoutout to her). As you can imagine, it’s not very hard for him to look like a great leader by comparison. How is this relevant? Well, most people who know him would quite literally walk through fire for him, so if you’re planning an assassination of some sort, good luck.

The magic system in this particular universe works as a spider web, with the person, place, or thing in the middle of it, and magic connecting them to things with strands. If you would like to use said magic, you would have to ask the person, place, or thing which controls it to lend you some of their magic. The bigger the task, the more magic it takes, and most times, in order to use it, one would have to plead, bargain, or trick the source into obeying them. Charge for using magic is often a memory or a day of your life, although in some cases, the source may ask for something more extreme, like your sense of taste, the color of your hair, your ability to walk, that sort of thing.

Now. The main thing about religion is, everyone can believe whatever they want, and their belief makes stuff happen. Like, yes, I see you believe in the flying spaghetti monster. Cool! It exists now, have fun. If there are enough people believing in one thing, it eventually comes to life after the main god (yours truly) decides if that is something he wants in the world. So am I gonna make a truly awful concept a deity? No, probably not. Am I going to allow people to worship it even though it doesn’t exist? Yes, absolutely. Those who believe in an afterlife go to their desired afterlife if they feel like they deserve it. Those who harbor feelings of guilt over their life are reborn as a different person and I make them die and get reborn until they learn their mistake. Once they no longer harbor any feelings of guilt, they go to their choice of afterlife.

Truly awful people just go to hell. Hell looks very Luciferish, with that person relieving the worst moments of their life until I get bored and feel like they’ve had enough. At that point, I make them get reborn. Depending on how they live, they either go back to hell, straighten themselves out (lifewise I mean, I have nothing against gay people. Be gay, do crimes.), go to their afterlife, or simply piss me off further. If that happens, I will make their soul return back to the nearest source of magic and badabing badaboom, they are no more. It’s recycling!

Y’all probably didn’t read all that, but if you did…any questions?
Also, here's a picture:
Lir.jpg
Yes, the main city is huge. It would take three month's journey to get from one end to the other.
They are both a work in progress and I'll be making adjustments as we go.

NOW the Sci-fi universe:

A few people messing with the properties of time got us here: A ‘government’ ruled world where there is no god, everyone has to wear a watch which monitors their heart rate, gives them reminders, counts how much physical activity they have done…it’s basically a government monitored FitBit. Why is that a problem? Well, it means that anybody can check into what you’re doing at any point, you no longer have the ‘my watch was broken’ excuse, and the concept of privacy has been abolished.

Linking to the watches is DOME, the corporation which basically runs everything. They have a giant shield-like dome cast around the entirety of the planet, which records everything. This has made crime virtually impossible. DOME fixed a lot of things. There are no more homeless people, it’s a communist regime, everyone is using the electrum dollar, everyone has a stable job, paid for healthcare and an education plan. The government dictates which schools your children go to based on genes, physical attributes, personality and psych tests, and grades. There are algorithms which predict which jobs people would be the best at, and once the test hath spoken, it’s written in stone, only re-evaluated after having to jump through a lot of hoops. The test is done by machines which cannot be bribed or threatened. Sounds awesome on paper.

Basically, privacy is no longer a thing, one has no choice in any aspect of their life, and the freedom of speech no longer exists. Also, once you get a job, graduate whatever school(s) you’re doing, and reach the age of 18, you work 12 hours a day, the government pumps you full of steroids and other shit so you can work for longer and more efficiently.

And then there’s the rebels. They are virtually untraceable, and despite DOME having tried to snuff them out for years, they always spring back up like weeds after a few months of being slaughtered off. Their leader had never been caught, and not even the highest ranking members of the rebellion would have been able to give any information about him/her/them.
Anyway, yeah. Sorry for taking so long. They are both really rough right now, but they'll get better as we progress.
S-Tiibs S-Tiibs Ren126 Ren126

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back