• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Long-Term Android Assassin Roleplay?

Dark Souls

Prepare to Die Edition
This post is here in hopes of attracting someone for a (hopefully) long-term science fiction roleplay I've had floating about in my head, which was first inspired by the awesome survival horror game, "SOMA". Though it was inspired by SOMA, the overall premise and plot are not the same, I assure you. This was done once before, and though there were several who expressed interest, none quite followed through. My approach to it was also rather sloppy, and so I've made changes to the introduction and more thoroughly planned out the beginning of the story.

This story takes place in a far-off version of Earth in which urban cities are the norm, laser weapons have long since become standard for any mobilized cavalry, and the subject of 'android rights' has come and gone. In the end, it was decided that they did not possess total human rights, and so even in America they are considered to be mechanical property by the law. Because many are self-aware, and have a number of sympathizers, there are plenty of violent groups calling for change.

You will take on the role of a very special product of a company named, "Tsuko Military Engineering": The prototype of an independently functioning android meant for "peacekeeping". More specifically, it's designed for the covert obliteration of android rights leaders without putting at risk the more valuable human soldiers. You're outfitted with top-of-the-line manipulative equipment, and can disassemble any combat-related device or opponent in a matter of seconds. There's one issue, however. Your primary feature, that being your awareness, is supposed to be modified to make you more cooperative. That way, you get the job done without argument and get to speak out against the uprising when in public. Problem is, that particular addition hasn't finished development yet, and so your model is left with relatively free thought. The most they can do is train your hand- As of yet, they can't train your mind.

Because of that, you're technically not ready for testing. For the sake of impressing investors, Tsuko decides to test you anyway. What happens in the field likely isn't what they're hoping for, though.

Let it be known that this will take a very long time to complete, and will have plenty of stealth and combat aspects, with some over-the-top sci-fi nonsense to top it off. Depending on your preference, I can either arrange it in a more game-y style by giving anything important a health bar, or stick to a more text-pure format.

Let me know if you're interested, either by sending me a private message or replying to this thread below. Details are negotiable, so if there's an aspect you'd like to add in, I'd be glad to hear of it!​

I'm interested in the characteristic you're looking on a roleplay partner for your roleplay. I usually do semi-lit roleplays. The plot looks interesting so far.

Hey there! definitly intrested! gonna shoot you a PM to hash out our starting point and would love to start ASAP! Im pretty good at matching writing styles

Hey! I’m super interested. This is a perfect fit for a character I already have. I’d PM you but it’s not giving me that option? I do have one big deal breaker though. I can’t load this website while I’m at work. Something about the network there. I play on Discord and we can certainly try playing here but it will limit me to mornings and late evenings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back