• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Long May We Reign

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Arabella, Queen of Scotland, had been bethrothed to the future king of (your country) since the age of six. They spent four perfect years together where they were carefree but when they were separated, Arabella spent six years at a nunnery. She adored the nuns who cared for her but on her sixteenth birthday she watched Sister Adele die in her place. She wasn't running from her enemies anymore and she was going to arrive back at court to be with her fiancé along with taking up her crown. She was of age to rule now and she couldn't let her emotions affect how she ruled. 

Upon arriving back at (your countries) court, Arabella got out of her carriage and smiled as she remembered all the memories from the times she spent here. She was excited to see her fiancé after six years, along with his parents, The King and Queen. She followed one of the knights toward the throne room and upon walking in, she smiled brightly before she curtsied before the King and Queen, people she considered to be like parents. "Your majesties, it has been too long. It is great to see you again." She said gently before she heard the throne room doors open and she looked back to meet the gaze of the man she loved. Her fiancé. She took in a deep breath as she noticed how handsome he became over the years and she smiled gently before she curtsied again. "(Your name), it has been quite awhile. You have become very handsome." She said with a gentle smile. 

@Iceblade227

IMG_3633.JPG

2n201ef.jpg

Thomas sat up in bed and yawned when a messenger came and knocked "Come in" His Irish accent shined through his words. "I bring good news my prince, your beautiful wife will be arriving at sun down, she is back to rule and merge the kingdoms. Your parents have talked it over and decided to step down from rule if you guys can bond as you did when you were younger. Thomas nodded too ecstatic to say anything and the messenger leaves him to get dressed. When he finished he looked in the mirror fixing his clothes and exited the room. Thomas thought for a second and got really nervous wondering if she heard any rumors about the prince bedding other women and if those rumors would drive her off. He shook his head and proceeded to see his parents.

"Father! I have heard the news, is my beautiful wife really coming back to merge the kingdoms?." The king gave a coy smile and patted Thomas's head "Yes my dear son, she will come back and if you can prove that you can be mature and keep relations with the princess lovely then I and your mother will step down and let you rule with Arabella." Thomas nodded and went about his daily business when he finally heard trumpets playing. "I'm coming to see you my beautiful princess". He made his way to the throne room and there she was. Her beauty was astonishing and he stuttered nervously "Hello Ara-Arabella you look even more beautiful than when you left so many years ago." His cheeks felt red as he stood there looking at how much she changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arabella smiled softly as she looked over at the man she adored for many years and laughed gently at how he stuttered. "Thank you, Thomas." She said gently before she walked over and took a deep breath. Her hair flowed in beautiful curls and her dress was a subtle rose color with flowers embroidered in it. She wore yet another subtle crown and smiled as she took his hand in hers. "How have you been?" She asked him gently and looked over when his parents excused themselves. Bella simply smiled before she let go of his hand and sighed gently. "Are you ready for this?" She asked him gently. It felt so great to be back at the Irish court but she missed her ladies, her friends. The ones she always had with her. 

Thomas looked at his soon to be queen and kissed her hand, he brushed his blonde hair to the side and adjusted in his light armor. Thomas looked at his father and mother gesturing him to take her somewhere and he smiles at Arabella. " Yes i am ready my queen, you remember the garden dont you, we spent so much time there. that's the first place i got a kiss from you. But we were young so we didn't think much of it." He reminisced happily and took her hand "My queen, may I ask you to accompany me to the garden, you will find that we have added alot more but I told them to keep your area the same and I even asked them to plant more of your favorite flowers." He looked at her happy smile and finally for once he was prepared for his future as being king. 

Arabella smiled a bright smile as she gripped his hand in her own and nodded as she sighed contently. "I would love to join you, future King of Ireland." She said gently and said her farewells robhis parents before she walked out with him to the garden. Upon arriving, she smiled as she remembered all the memories they shared here as children and when she saw her area still the same, she walked over and sat on the bench. "It's still so lovely out here. The flowers are beautiful, Thomas." She said with a smile before she saw servants eyeing the two. She sighed gently as the thoughts of the rumors. They bothered her and it showed. 

Thomas clenched his fist and showed how ruthless he could be when he signaled the guards to take the servants away. Embarrassed and angry he went to speak and decided silence was best, he ran away from the garden and his hope of marrying the princess with a clean slate. When his father saw the servants enter before him, the king already knew what happened and tried to speak to Thomas but Thomas in his rage ran upstairs to his room and locked the door. When he was in there he decided to look at the painting he had of her when they were little, her smile was bright and emphasized by the color in which was instilled into her face and teeth. He took out the ring he had in his pocket wanting to re-propose to her after so long, he threw it across the room where it rolled under the bed. His mother in spite her best efforts could not get Thomas to come out and talk about it.

When Thomas ran off, Bella watched it all happen and she was completely dumbfounded. She sighed softly before she followed after him and when she noticed his parents try to get through to him, she sighed gently and knocked on his door in effort to get him to come out. "Thomas? Thomas it's me, Bella.." she said softly and when there was no answer, she sighed softly and asked one of the servants to open the door and when they did, she walked in and shut it slowly, walking over to his bed where she sat down in the edge. "Thomas, it's alright." She whispered gently. "I have heard the rumors and I don't want to believe them, but don't push me away because of it." She said before biting her lip. "I love you Thomas." She finally said. 

Thomas sat silently before speaking "I remember when we first were pitched the idea of getting married, we were young and didn't quite know the political reasons for this marriage" He stood and went behind the bed grabbing the ring and looked at her with the ring in hand "Had the blacksmith make it, its one of a kind for a one of a kind girl. But before you grab this ring i want you to ask yourself, do you actually love me or are you doing this to keep peace within the land. If its just for politics then you can go and be married to someone you actually care for. But if you genuinely lovely me then you may accept this ring and we can be married how we wanted it not our parents. I leave the choice in your hands." He sets the ring in her opened hand and sits next to her looking at her. Thomas gets prepared because her words could be as icy as winter or as warm as summer.

Arabella sighed softly as she looked at the beautiful ring he had made for her and smiled gently before she looked over at the man she was betrothed to and cupped his face, kissing him lovingly and passionately. After she pulled away, she rested her forehead against his and sighed softly. "Thomas, I've always loved you. I know the politics involved with out marriage but I want us to be different from your parents. I want us to rule how we have always dreamed. Together and not apart. Promise me we can do that. I want nothing more then to be your Queen." She whispered gently with a soft sigh. 

Thomas didn't know what to say so he instead kissed her lips softly. "Then we shall my queen, in fact." He clapped and a servant scurried in with head lowered and she spoke quietly "Y-Yes Sir?" Thomas looked at the young girl and back at his queen "Tell my father that we will have the wedding two days from now." The servant smiled and nodded and Thomas looked back at Arabella "Father says its not proper for couples to bed together so if you would like there is a guest room or we could bed together against his better wishes but ill be king soon anyway and he needs to understand i will make my own choices." Thomas sat back on the bed feet still hanging off the side and he looked up at her memorizing her features as if she would disappear any minute and he said it too "Oh and I love you too Arabella."

Arabella smiled sweetly at what he said and nodded, kissing his cheek and sighing softly. "I'm glad. I'll sleep in my old room for now. It's only two nights. I must tend to matters in Scotland. My uncle is visiting so please, excuse me." She said before standing up and walking out of his room with the ring now present on her finger. She was marrying her betrothed and she couldn't be anymore excited but upon arriving at a private room for her and her uncle to talk, she noticed the worry in his face and she knew this talk wasn't a good one. 

"What is it Uncle?" She asked him softly and watched the wise man sigh. 

"Scotland is under attack by the English." He said simply and Arabella bit her lip as she sighed and slammed her hand against the desk.

"Do we any troops? Any men willing to fight for their country?" She asked with seriousness in her voice. 

"We don't. I was hoping you could ask Prince Thomas to help aid us by sending troops." 

"Thomas isn't King yet, Uncle. I could ask the King and Queen but it is not their duty to aid Scotland in her time of need." She sighed as she slumped against the chair she sat in and rubbed her temples. She knew not what to do and she had to handle this alone. 

Thomas hugged his mother and smiled at her as she entered his room "I hear the wedding is in two days how exciting, now the kingdoms will be united and we can live in piece." Thomas smiled and kissed his mother on the cheek then exited the room and went back to the garden. When he got to the garden the servants that were taken by the guards bowed there heads in fear as he could see multiple bruises covering there face and cuts on there arms. They left in a hurry after that and that was fine for Thomas he wanted to be left alone. He sat in silence and thought to himself before looking around and tearing up "They only care about the political side that's all they wanted a son for was to unite the kingdoms." 

Arabella was struggling with her situation in Scotland and she had no clue what to do. When she looked at her Uncle, she simply stated that she would figure something out and went to the garden beyond frustrated. When she saw Thomas there, she smiled softly and walked over, placing her hand on his and sighing. "Politics already bothering you?" She asked him softly before she leaned against him and rested her head on his shoulder. "After the wedding, I need to go to Scotland." She whispered gently as she shut her eyes tightly. 

Thomas sits alone thinking about his life and wipes his eyes quickly when he sees a servant walking towards him with a tray of tea but strangely enough there was two tea cups instead of just one. "For you and the princess Sir." The man was rather old with grey hair and a beard but he did his duty well so i smiled. "Thank you for the tea that will be all". When the servant left Thomas once again heard the patter of footsteps but this time it wasn't an old servant but his beautiful young bride coming just as frustrated as he originally was. Thomas looked away from her when she mentioned Scotland "Why are you leaving again?" Thomas sounded frustrated because he needed his queen right now and here in Ireland. He sighed and looked at her pouring her some tea and sipping from his own cup. Thomas's thoughts were racing of possible solutions to make her stay but he was not able to formulate any half decent ideas.

Arabella sighed softly as she pulled her hand away because she could sense his frustration. "My country needs me now. War is happening in my country against the English. I can not do much from here. I need troops and I have none. Scotland needs me." She said softly as she sighed and looked at the ring. "I'll be back in a months time. I'm sorry." She whispered. "Being a Queen and King will always tear us apart for awhile. We can get through this." She said gently and held his hand. "Do you trust me?" She asked curiously. She couldn't lose him but Scotland needed her. 

Thomas looked down at the ground and stood up "The wedding can wait, Scotland can not." Thomas called for a servant and the same old man servant came to his call. "Prep the carriage, the princess has matters she needs to attend to." The servant nodded and walked off to get the carriage ready. Thomas kneeled down in front of Arabella and kissed her lips sweetly. "Take all the time you need my sweet we will be together soon enough." His words were kind but his tone was sad and empty. Thomas walked away before the princess had time to say anything and he went to his room to lay down as the day he just faced was the happiest and the saddest of his life so far. He drifted off to sleep and sat cold and lonely in his bed as he knew he would be doing for awhile while the princess is gone.

Arabella sat in the garden for awhile longer before she sighed softly and walked to the throne room, letting the King and Queen know she was leaving to Scotland. Her country needed her and she was going to leave until she was told news she despised by the King. 

"Arabella, you may leave to Scotland and serve your country greatly, but Princess May from England in spending the season here at court. We need an alliances and now that scotland needs you, we must move on to the next alliance available." He said simply and Arabella's heart dropped. She knew what this meant. It meant Thomas had to chose in the end and she knew he would chose May so that Arabella could tend to her country. 

"I shall stay here then. Sleep well." She said gently and walked to her old room where she sat in the bed and stared at her lap. She couldn't believe this was happening and her mind was racing. She laid back and sighed before she closed her eyes. She was only in rule for one day and it was already exhausting. She didn't want to know what the future held. 

The following morning, Bella was woken by her servants and let them dress her in a dashing navy blue gown with gold embellished designs. She wore a subtle crown, he favorite one and walked out of her chambers and to the dinning area. She walked into the room to join the others for breakfast but when she opened the doors, her heart sank as she saw the King and Queen but Thomas and May on the right side of the king. She froze in her spot as she watched the two but soon walked over and sat next to the Queen across from Thomas and May. Bella didn't know what to do anymore. 

Thomas woke to May in his room staring out the window into the garden, when she heard him shuffle about she turned and spoke happily "Hey there prince Thomas, i hope you dont mind me sitting in your room till you woke your father and mother are boring with the Alliance and that." Thomas looked at her and looked away "I don't need an alliance with your kingdom i already have a queen." Just then as if they were eavesdropping the king and queen came in and looked at him sternly "Scotland is under attack and at war, they will lose and be taken over you need an alliance not a free loader of a queen." Thomas could feel his rage but before he could out burst his mother spoke sternly "Its time for breakfast so get downstairs and eat then we can argue." Everyone knew they couldn't argue with the queen she was too stubborn for that so they did as they were told and sat at the table. His efforts to save Arabella a seat next to him failed and instead was replaced by May. He watched Arabella come in and May as if acting on impulse clung to his arm and hugged him. He shook her off glaring at her and stood up adjusting his buttoned jacket with gold lining. "Father, Mother, I am no longer a child you refuse to see that and think you can make choices for me. May if you continue to play these games with me and act like you love me just so you can take my land i will banish you, i know what games you are playing and they are evil." The guards grabbed Thomas by orders of the king and took him to the dungeon cell. He was pushed inside and the guards laughed.

"Whats the matter prince not cushy enough for ya?" He sat on the floor in shock that his father is going to make him stay there till his wedding day with the wrong princess. 

Arabella didn't know what to do anymore. She was losing the alliance she needed for her country but most importantly, she's losing the man she loved. She couldn't stand the thought and she sighed as she spoke with the King and Queen. She needed for this alliance to work and she couldn't let them keep their son in the dungeon. "Please." She said begged and when they hesitantly approved, she ran to the dungeon and asked the guards to free their Prince. "Thomas." She said and ran to him, hugging him tightly. "Your parents and I talked. We're going to be alright. We will make it as King and Queen. We need to marry soon. Please. I can't lose you." She said with a soft sigh and held his hand as she led him back to the throne room where his parents were, along with May. "Scotland will win. You needn't fear." She reassured the King and Queen. 

Thomas sat in the cell and swore silently to himself silently when he heard the voice of his lover. He watched her yelling at the guards and the guards obeying her wishes. Thomas kissed her as soon as she got in the cell and he followed her down the cold stony halls of the dungeon. What he saw was awful, men and women starved for committing some crime but he knew he could do nothing till he was king. He stared at his father with anger and disbelief before speaking. "We get married today and you and mom can go live a peaceful life as i take over the problems." All the servants nearby started working on getting the wedding together even on such short notice and he looks at May. "I have a wife and she is right here i appreciate the offer but my alliance shall be with Scotland, i shall let you leave with your life but if you send troops to either Scotland or Ireland then i will have my troops show you what hell is before i send you there." His words were that of a king and not a prince and he was surprised when he felt his fathers crown touch his head. The king smiled and patted his shoulder

"I was waiting for you to grow up my boy, you were always in the middle about things but now you have taken the first steps to being a king." The king looked at May "You best be off the king is done speaking on your matter. May stormed out the castle and left in a caravan back home. Thomas took Arabella's hand and guided her gently to the throne as they both took a seat side by side, and all the servants clapped and cheered.

Arabella was impressed with Thomas and how fit he was now to rule over not only Ireland, but Scotland as well. It was something she admired now, an attribute to Thomas she would always cherish. She smiled when she felt his hand grasp hers as he lead her towards the throne. There she sat to the right of him and smiled when everyone cheered and clapped. It was a great moment and soon, their grand coronation would take place. One Bella was looking forward too. 

When everyone continued setting up for up for the wedding, Bella was eventually taken to her chambers so that she may get ready. She hadn't bought a white gown yet and due to things being rushed, one of the seamstresses took the queens old gown and made some adjustments so that it would suit Bella. All in all, Bella fell in love with it and because she was such a flower child, the servants surprised her with a crown made of roses. It was a nice touch to the gown and when everything was fixed and ready, she followed the servants out to the main hall. It was finally happening. She was marrying the man of her dreams and she couldn't wait until their union so that they could not only rule properly together but spend the rest of their lives together. One of love. One nothing like the other rulers of land. 

-

dress: 

IMG_3760.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back