• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Val came back in from getting some coffee and sat next to the bed looking over at him. “How’s he doing?” She asked him quietly running w hand through her hair

The doctor looks over st her and shakes his head. “Not very well. At this point I’d advise you to say your goodbyes and think about funeral options. He only has days left.” He murmurs soflty.

She just nodded and frowned watching Angel just taking his hand in hers. “Thank you for everything you’ve done for him.” She told him quietly before focusing in on Angel. “Hey there sleepyhead.” She murmured as she saw him wake up.

Angel groans softly and looks over st her. His eyes dropped a little, not fully being able to open his eyes all the way. “Hey.” He crocks out.

She smiled some and kissed his hand “How you feeling?” She asked him quietly and scooted a little closer wondering if he wanted her laying next to him.

Val nodded a little and held his hand tighter. “You want any painkillers?” She asked him quietly and traced his tattoos “You want me to lay with you?”

Angel smiles. “Lay with me.” He murmurs and scoots over a little. He holds her close and kisses her head softly. “Make sure Maya knows how much I love her.”

She nodded and moved to lay in the bed sniffling a little and held onto him. “Of course I will. Always.” She murmured and kissed his shoulder holding him close tightly, kissing his lips then lay down again keeping him to her.

Angel kisses her softly and holds her close. He sighs softly and watches her. He knew it was close. He knew he wasn’t doing good. He sighs and nuzzles his face in her hair.

She smiled a little and rest her head on his shoulder. “You remember when you fell off your bike when we were 12... you cried the whole way home and told me you thought you might die because your knees were so scraped up? You’ve always been a drama queen but you’ve always fought for everything you’ve got. I love you... now rest papí and when you’re ready let go okay? I want you to rest.” She murmured holding him to her.

Angel smiles a little and sighs softly. “I’m gonna miss you.” He murmurs soflty and kisses her head. He closes his eyes as about half an hour later, his monitors flatlined.

Val lay there with him just holding him until she had to leave and kissed his cheek getting up and walking out of there. She’d said her goodbyes to him so many times now that this one didn’t feel real yet. She signed all the papers and drove home, going straight into the living room seeing Maya with James and his family, “Maya baby... come here.” She murmured reaching for her to come over.

Maya looks up at her mom and frowns. She didn’t think she’d come home until it was over. She bites her lip and goes over to her, hugging her tightly and starting to cry. She just knew he had to be gone.

She just held her as tight as she could and took her upstairs sitting on Maya’s bed with her hugging her tightly. “He wanted you to know that he loves you so so so much” she murmured and kissed her head.

Maya sniffles and cries. “I didn’t want him to die. He was supposed to get better.” She whimpers. She had wanted to believe this was all a nightmare and Angel would be fine.

Val frowned and hugged her tighter. “I know sweetheart I know. I wanted him to get better and come home too.” She murmured rocking her gently. “You wanna stay in my room tonight?” She asked her quietly as she smoothed her hair back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back