• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Val smiled at Angel a little and sat down near the bed taking his hand in hers and gently massaging it after sliding out the hot towel. “Angel.... angel she’s here sweetheart.” She murmured to him gently. “Maya’s here to see you.” She said softly just watching him a little then looked over at maya. “He’s has heart problems. And he had a transplant but he’s not recovering very well. It’s gonna be a while before he can go home.” She told her.

-3 months-
Val got up early to get some work done for the studio on her laptop before maya would be getting out of bed and she went to go feed the dog as well to get that done, eventually seeing her daughter come down the stairs. “Hey kiddo... you ready to go look at some schools today?” She asked her smiling some. They’d grown incredibly close over the past few months having been doing as much as possible to bond with her and getting all the help from the social worker as possible as well but Angel was still in a coma and it was always at the back of her mind, worrying about him

Maya shakes her head a little and crawls into the chair at the kitchen table. “Can’t I just go back to my old school?” She asks. It was a question she had been asking the past week. She didn’t want to start over at a new school.

Val sighed a little watching bailey go and cuddle her. “Sweetheart we’ve been over this. We don’t live in that school district, they won’t let us go back to that school... tell you what... if you don’t like any of the schools that we go see then we will look at online school?” She asked her.

Maya sighs and frowns. She didn’t want to go to school online and be a homeschool freak. “I don’t see why they can’t make an exception.” She mutters and eats her cereal.

She sighed some and got up to go wash out her mug kissing the top of her head on the way. “I know kiddo I know but I’ve tried my best and they’re still saying no.” She explained to her quietly. “We need to pop down to see your dad before we see the schools but I was thinking we could go get a niceness lunch together.” She suggested.

Maya sighs soflty and nods. “Okay.” She murmurs and finishes her cereal. She gets up and goes to get her shoes and jacket. She didn’t like seeing Angel in the hospital bed. It was scary and the doctors didn’t seem to have much hope.

Val got them there heading straight into his room and starting to change over the flowers that had been there a while, swapping the blanket from home for a different one then sat down next to his bed to wait for his doctor to come speak to her. “Hey baby. We’ve come to see you for a bit okay? You’re doing so good okay? You gotta get better for us though okay?” She murmured gently rubbing his hand.

She spoke to his doctor once he arrived and sighed a little, shaking her head when they suggested for the hundredth time to turn the life support off. “No. I’m not giving up on him.” She muttered staying a little longer then left with maya sighing heavily and trying to hide her tears in the car

Maya gets in the car and buckles up. She looks down and pretends not to notice the few tears that did escape. She felt like she should be more upset then she was, but she really didn’t know this man. She’s never meet him before.

“Sorry. Sorry... uh... let’s get to these schools.” He sighed heavily and wiped at her eyes before starting the car and driving out of there

She frowned some. “I really hope so.” She murmured tiredly and parked up at the first school giving Maya’s hand a squeeze. “Come on. All we have to do is look. We don’t have to pick any of these.” She reminded her and got out the car walking with her to go check it out.

They loooked at schools all day and at the end they were both exhausted but as they were getting in the car she got a phone call from the hospital to say that angel had finally woken up so she got in quickly and looked over at maya. “Sweetheart, you ready to meet your dad properly?” She asked her happily.

Maya looks at her and nods a little. She smiles slightly. She was a little nervous about meeting him but excited. She had grown so close to Val and she wanted that with a father too.

Val smiled some and started driving to the hospital. “I’m gonna go in first but then you can come in okay?” She murmured pecking her cheek as they got there and she rushed her through the halls until she got to his room and she rushed in going over and hugging him tightly kissing all over his face seeing he was sat up and talking to his nurse. “I have missed those eyes more than anything.” She murmured.

Angel smiles at her and kisses her cheek softly. He smiles and moves over, wanting her to lay with him. “How long was I out?” He asks soflty and watches her.

She smiled some and watched him carefully. “You’ve been out for a few months papí. Three.... are you ready to meet your daughter?” She asked him quietly. “She’s waiting just outside.”

Angels eyes widen at how long he had been out. “Wow.” He murmurs and then looks at her and the door. “Wait she’s here? Of course I do!” He smiles and watches the door.

She smiled a little and nodded kissing the side of his head. “Hey... you stay settled alright?” She murmured helping him sit up a little more and then went to get maya, hugging her tightly. “You want me to go in with you sweetheart?” She asked her

Angel nods a little and sits up. He was excited to see her again. His little girl.

Maya looks up at her and nods a little. She bites her lip and heads into the room.

Val wandered in and leaned against the doorway seeing Maya walk over slowly to him, keeping back to stay out of the way a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back