• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

She frowned and sighed heavily. “For gods sakes Angel I can’t... it’s not an abusive relationship. That was the one and only time he’s ever done that and he knows I’m not putting up with it and if it happens again I will leave.” She mumbled. “Right now I’m thinking about Maya though so enough of the arguing.” She mumbled and rubbed his back. “You ever think about how things would be now if she was still alive? Do you think we’d still be together?” She mumbled.

Angel shakes his head. He hated that she couldn’t see he was the classic case of an abusive relationship. He’d seen enough of them to know all the signs. He sighs softly and looks at her. “What does it matter? You’re gonna marry that asshole no matter what I say.” He mutters and watches the grave.

She frowned and rubbed at her face. “Well... do you think we would still be together or not?” She muttered. She hoped they would have made it work as a family even if it was Too early to have children she loved her daughter dearly and missed her every day but she also missed them as a couple.

Angel looks up at her. “I never wanted you to leave. I wanted to work everything out after she passed but you wanted to get away. Couldn’t stand being here. I started to think the only reason you stayed in the first place was cause of her, not cause you loved me.” He murmurs and sighs. “If I could make you relaize what a jerk Travis is, wed be together now. I never dated anyone after you and I never plan to.” He tells her firmly.

She frowned and took a deep breath just rubbing at her face a little. “I never left because you weren’t enough Angel. My god if you had asked me back then to marry you I would have said yes before you finished the question... I couldn’t live here anymore. And it wasn’t just because he’d stolen our little girl away like that. It was everything he’d ever done to me or my brother and I just couldn’t stay anymore... God you’ve gotta tell me this two days before my wedding don’t you?” She muttered sighing heavily and just looked over at Maya’s headstone.

Angel looks at her and crosses his arms. “I don’t know why it matters. You’ve already made up your mind who you want.” He tells her and stands up. He heads back to his car without another word.

Val just sighed heavily and stayed there a while longer talking to her daughter until it got time to leave and she drove home quietly walking over to Travis when she got in and slipped her arms around him burying her face into his chest.

Travis holds her close and kisses her head. “Hey sweetie. What’s wrong?” He asks softly and rubs her back. He smiles and plays with her hair gently.

She sighed and held him tighter for a minute then pulled away shaking her head. “He was there at the grave and I thought that for once we could just talk and let it be about Maya’s birthday but clearly not.” She muttered going to get a drink then plopped down on the couch with him.

Travis sits with her and holds her close. “Maybe it’s better that way seeetie. I think it’s time you let him go.” He murmurs and watches her. “It’s almost our wedding. Let’s just focus on that.” He murmurs softly.

“I know I know but I wasn’t there to meet with him anyway and I just wanted it to be alright with Maya.” She mumbled rubbing her face. “You would’ve loved her. She was so sassy even as a baby. And she could have you wrapped around her little finger with just a couple gurgles.” She mumbled staring at the floor.

Travis nods a little. “I’m shire she was amazing.” He murmurs and shifts a little. “It’s gonna be okay. We’re gonna start out only little family.” He murmurs, though he wanted that family to just consist of them. He didn’t want kids. He didn’t like them.

She nodded and leaned into him resting her head on his shoulder just slipping her arms around him tiredly. “What time is your family getting here?” She asked him quietly as they were flying in today for the wedding.

Travis smiles and rubs her side softly. “They should be here around 6. I gotta head over around 5 to pick them up from the airport.” She murmurs soflty

She nodded yawning some and curled up closer “Alright, you still want us to order pizza for dinner?” She asked him. She wasn’t cooking. She refused to cook for his parents seeing as all they ever did was complain about her food being too spicy

Travis nods a little. “Yeah that’s fine.@“ He tells her. “They won’t be happy though.” He points out. “I’m sure they expect a home cooked meal.” He tells her. “I don’t understand why you can’t just make normal food for them.”

“I’ve told you this before your parents only ever complain about me making ‘foreign’ food ... for crying out loud I did an American bbq last time and everything was still too foreign for them Trav. Your mom is racist and you know it too. Plus your sister is allergic to everything and anything under the sun so it’s easjer just to let her pick what she wants. She will still find a way to complain.” She muttered tiredly.

Travis frowns and sighs. “I wish you would be nicer to my family. They come when we get married. I’m not giving them up for you.@ he grumbles and stands up. “And don’t take about my family that way.” He mutters and goes to grab his wallet and shoes. “I’ll be back later .” He mutters and heads out.

“I never asked you to give them up babe. And I am very nice to them thank you very much. It’s them that are horrible to me. And actually your dad is really really great.” She told him getting up to go get a nap in curling up in bed and just opening up her side drawer pulling out an old photo of her and Maya falling asleep holding onto it.

Tea is comes home later with his parents and sister. He gets them to the guest rooms and frowns when he notices she was asleep and hadn’t ordered the pizza. He shakes his head and calls it in. He sits on the couch with them and talks.

She finally came downstairs and greeted them all going and sitting on the other recliner chair curling up under a blanket feeling a little worn out from the stress of the day. “Janice I’ve got some rosé in the kitchen if you’d like a glass sewing Travis hadn’t offered anyone anything to drink. “Or we’ve got beer or soda or water what can I get you all?”

Travis watches her and sighs softly. He was still pretty mad about earlier with her.

Janice looks at her and then back at her son. “Well wait until the food gets here. Though we were expecting to have something waiting for us.” She mutters.

“You know I’m surprised Travis hasn’t told you I’ve been a little busy today. It would have been my daughters birthday if she was still here. She would have been 12 today.” She muttered and shook her head. “Plus i thought it would b best for you to decide what you want.” She told her.

Janice raises an eyebrow. “You had a daughter before?” She shakes her bead. “I should have guessed that.” She mutters and looks at her son. “It’s fine you didn’t tell us.” She pars his hand and smiles at him.

Travis glares at Val a little. “Can I speak to you in the kitchen?” He asks and gets up. “Now.” He tells her and heads to the kitchen.

She frowned and followed him leaning against the counter. “You can’t be serious babe she’s being so rude in my own damn house.” She muttered cleaning up some of the dishes. “I won’t stand for it.” She muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back