• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Long Lost Summers

Val stood in line at the coffee shop that had been her first ever job. A hangout spot for her and her friends and the place she’d spent so many afternoons letting time go by with her boyfriend at the time. She had just moved back home from New York where she’d been living and working as a dancer but she was tired of city life and Home was home after all so she’d packed up with her fiancé and moved back down to California. A small town near the Mexican border. “What do you want babe?” She asked turning to face Travis feeling her stomach drop as she saw the face walking in the door

Angel walks into the coffee shop he always went to before his shift. He had to get to the squad room soon to meet his partner for rounds. He gets in line and glances at the time on his phone. It was a lot more crowded then he expected. He smiles when the barista nods at him, showing she had already started on his order. He chuckles and gives her a smile.

Val frowned and turned around to face him after hearing a couple people greet him. She’d been gone 10 years now and she hardly expected him to remember her when he would never be expecting her there but she smiled then looking at him. “You know... back in the day I remember people using the correct pronunciation of your name.” She said to him smiling some.

Angel turns towards the familiar voice and his eyes widen. "Val?" He questions and grins. "Oh my gosh!" He exclaims and hugs her tightly. "I haven't seen you in years." He murmurs and shakes his head. "What are you doing back here? Last I knew you were a big dancer." He murmurs and smiles at her.

She smiled and hugged him back. “We’ve just moved here.... Ángel this is my fiancé Travis. Babe this is a... a very good friend of mine from a long time ago.” She smiled at Angel still. “It’s good to see you... and nice to see someone reliable keeping this town in order.” She told him hearing his name being called to pick up his coffee “We wont keep you. See you around.” She smiled at him and waved goodbye.

Angel glances at the man beside her and nods. "Well, I'm glad your back. The town could use some fresh faces." He murmurs and hears his order. He heads up and hands them the money, Heading out to his car, heading to the station. He meets up with his partner and talks with him briefly before getting in their squad car.

Val frowned some as he seemed upset after the introduction and just shrugged it off. She had missed him a lot more than she cared to admit. “I don’t know why I’m surprised to see he’s necer left.” She mumbled smiling at Travis. “Why are you grumpy then?”

Travis looks at her and frowns. "Seem a little closer than friends." He murmurs and watches her. "He an ex or something?" He asks and moves up in line with her. He also didn't like the guy skipped the line. Cop or no cop he wasn't special.

She frowned some and slipped an arm around his waist. “It was a long time ago... we were kids. Yes we dated a little bit but it was nothing serious. Mostly he was just a very good friend now will you please try and cheer up a bit about this move? It’ll be great I promise.” She murmjred and kissed his cheek.

Travis grumbles and shakes his head. "I don't know why you wanted to leave the city. There's nothing here." He mutters and steps up to the counter. He orders and pays for their stuff after she does. He steps to the side and watches her.

Val frowned and watched him “If you dislike it so much then why did you come with me?” She muttered crossing her arms over her chest. He’d been grumpy since he’d got back from filming for Vikings and she was getting tired of it

Travis sighs and rolls his eyes. "Don't get so dramatic." He mutters and takes their order. He hands hers to her and watches her. "How much more unpacking is there?"

“The kitchen the dining room and the lounge... but first I want you to see the studio.” She murmured and pecked his cheek. “I want you less grumpy by tonight.” She mumbled taking his hand while they walked out of there and down the street to where the old boxing gym used to be that was now hers and being turned into a dance studio.

Travis shakes his head and grumbles a little. “Yeah yeah.” Hemitters and follows after her. He sips his coffee and glances around the town.

She stops outside her now front door and unlocks it then took him in and got him to set his coffee down for a minute. “Come on... Oh babe please... I just want you to be happy about this all finally. We aren’t far from the city. We can go there for the day and stuff on the weekends.... please... will you try?” She begged slipping her arms around his neck and kissed him softly.

Travis sighs softly and kisses her back softly. He holds her close and rubs her back. “Okay okay.” He murmurs softly and kisses her nose. “I’m just glad you’re happy.”

Val smiled and swayed with him. “Hey... how about... the basement is yours? Do whatever you like with it and make it your man cave?” She smiled kissing him gently. “Cause I want you to be happy too.” She murmured. Travis had found her when she was at her worst and she’d fallen in love. She was happy with him.

Travis smiles and nods. “Sounds like a good idea. I could make it into an office. I’d have all the space for my projects.” He murmurs softly. He was an aritect so he needed the space for model homes and such.

She nodded and kissed him softly. “Whatever you like.” She told him again and kissed him once more before showing him what she was going to do with the studio. “My cousins printing business is doing me some fliers for when it opens.” She told him as they walked out of there and she locked it behind her, walking back towards the car with him holding his hand tightly glancing over and seeing a cop car ride past seeing Angel and another guy inside but didn’t say anything just walked with Travis.

Travis listens to her and nods. “Okay babe.” He murmurs and gets in the car with her. He holds her hand as he heads back to their apartment and watches her. “Wanna go out for dinner tonight? Your choice.”

She walked over and opened up the front door to their house. The first multi storey home they’d ever owned having been living in New York for so long. “Hmm... I dunno... I was thinking I’d go get us some pork chops and a salad... we can go out if you want to though.” She told him putting her purse on the side and headed to the kitchen to start unpacking boxes in there

Travis follows after her. "I just thought it would be easier than cooking with our house in such disarray." He murmurs and watches her. "We could go to that restaurant in the city you love so much." He murmurs and goes to start unpacking a box.

“We could... Or we could go somewhere else... there’s a lovely little Mexican restaurant. Couple miles west. Next to a butchers shop if it’s still there... we could try that one.” She suggested and looked up at him putting their mugs away. “Please? ... Your child wants Mexican food.” She told him rubbing her still flat stomach. They’d found out the day before the move and they were still adjusting to it. It hadn’t been planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back