• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Redbird

I am
  • Julia!
  • 29 years old.
  • asexual/largely aromantic.
  • not picky in terms of format! I would be down for a more literate, forum-based thing but I also love more casual, chat-based stuff if you'd want to move to Discord or something. EDIT I have since learned what doubling actually is, and I am chill with that, too! Lol.
I love
  • angst!!!
  • platonic relationships (best friends, families/found families, etc.).
  • romantic relationships (only 18+ characters).
  • playing quippy, golden-retriever-boy sidekicks and beautiful mean girls with secret hearts of gold.
  • original settings/characters AND fandom settings/characters.
  • dropping characters into different settings/AUs.

I also love building OCs with RP partners, but if you're looking for inspiration or are just curious what kinds of things I'm into here are some OCs I have kicking around and settings they fit into, in case one of them sparks an idea:
  • A chirpy, wandering jack-of-all-trades named Sparrow - Fantasy
  • The ghost of a technomancer who has possessed a robot body - Cyberpunk/Horror
  • A very mean ocean nymph/mermaid (Fantasy/Mythology)
  • Honestly a number of Very Impulsive Magic Boys who I could adapt to pretty much anything
Settings/AUs I enjoy:
  • Fantasy
  • Supernatural (in particular I simply love anything to do with ghosts)
  • Superpowers
  • Pacific Rim AU
  • Old West (or any twists thereon)

Fandoms I'd love to RP and characters I'd love to play (though, again, I'm down to play any/multiple characters, these would just be my first choices in terms of divvying roles up, haha).
  • Batfamily - Dick Grayson
  • Jujutsu Kaisen (anime only!) - Yuuji Itadori
  • Romeo & Juliet, any setting/AU - Literally if I could find someone willing to play the Mercutio to my Valentine (Mercutio's brother, ask me about it and I will literally never shut up) I could die happy.
  • Kingdom Hearts - Roxas and/or Namine
  • Arthurian legend - I'm pretty new to this fandom but listen if anyone out there wants to play Arthur I will play Kay.
  • EDIT Oh also Cowboy Bebop!!!
Idk, I'm very out of practice but I'm also very lonely, haha, so holler if you have an idea or are interested in something I've said! I'd love to get back to writing again. :)

Last edited:
It’s interesting because here is the thing, I am 29 myself, I am also seeking jujutsu kaisen AND a Batman rp but with Jason Todd! Omg! Could this be fate? I’m also a lonely old woman seeking a partner. 😂😂😂

Gosh I feel silly but I do hear you! If you want a good partner, literate, been roleplay if for most of my life and I do love a good OOC chat. I have a discord and I can use google docs for rp and also this site for rp. Whichever you are most comfortable with. Anyways, let me know if you’d be down. If not, hey no worries! Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Also, doubling as far as I am aware is essentially where both parties involved with the roleplay have unanimously elected to play an oc’s love interest for their partner. So for example, if you and I were to engage in a Batman rp, I’d play dick Greyson for your oc and then you’d in turn play Jason Todd for my oc. So we’d craft a story around that premise, or at some point the story would involve some form of romance depending on what you yourself are comfortable with. This is the version of doubling that I am most familiar with. It’s more of a preferred pairing you want for your oc.

There are essentially two definitions of ‘doubling’ that I’ve seen. Though really it’s more of an interpretative thing? The other form or doubling I have heard of is where the roleplay itself is halved, and there are two separate plotlines going on and the streams never cross. I’m not in favor of that form of rp as it almost always, If not always, sabotages the roleplay from taking off the ground. I’ve always been in favor of one overarching plot where many characters are involved, and the oc’s know each other, know of each other or will at some point meet each other. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:
It’s interesting because here is the thing, I am 29 myself, I am also seeking jujutsu kaisen AND a Batman rp but with Jason Todd! Omg! Could this be fate? I’m also a lonely old woman seeking a partner. 😂😂😂

Gosh I feel silly but I do hear you! If you want a good partner, literate, been roleplay if for most of my life and I do love a good OOC chat. I have a discord and I can use google docs for rp and also this site for rp. Whichever you are most comfortable with. Anyways, let me know if you’d be down. If not, hey no worries! Happy hunting!
HEY DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS??? I'm so hype, my oldest fandom and my newest fandom.... it's definitely fate. I'm also cool with whatever, but I'm a little rusty in terms of things like plotting, so we could start out with a Discord and kind of shoot some ideas back and forth and see where that takes us? If that seems cool?

Also, doubling as far as I am aware is essentially where both parties involved with the roleplay have unanimously elected to play an oc’s love interest for their partner. So for example, if you and I were to engage in a Batman rp, I’d play dick Greyson for your oc and then you’d in turn play Jason Todd for my oc. So we’d craft a story around that premise, or at some point the story would involve some form of romance depending on what you yourself are comfortable with. This is the version of doubling that I am most familiar with. It’s more of a preferred pairing you want for your oc.

There are essentially two definitions of ‘doubling’ that I’ve seen. Though really it’s more of an interpretative thing? The other form or doubling I have heard of is where the roleplay itself is halved, and there are two separate plotlines going on and the streams never cross. I’m not in favor of that form of rp as it almost always, If not always, sabotages the roleplay from taking off the ground. I’ve always been in favor of one overarching plot where many characters are involved, and the oc’s know each other, know of each other or will at some point meet each other. Hopefully that makes sense.
I am obsessed with the fact that this is a thing and that there is a term for it, that's really cool! I would not mind doing that, either :closed eyes open smile: I've played a canon love interest for many an OC in my time

YES WE DID BECOME BEST FRIENDS! Haha! It’s so hard to find people my own age on this site as a little old lady among the kiddos. So it’s really refreshing for me to find someone that is basically on my level. It’s just so rare. But I know! The labeling, doubling, dude it’s something else. I always referred to it as “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.”

But yes! Absolutely! We can discuss things together and see what we can come up with, introduce our oc’s! Because I’m like, dying for Jason Todd.

Anyways! My discord is Golneth_#3913

Hey! I’m only into canon/canon rps but I’d love to write something for Cowboy Bebop! Feel free to send me a message if you’re still interested 🥰

Hello!! I have quite a few OCs I'd love to try out with you, counting a ghost hunting witch, an immortal writer, an overpowered slacker who just wants to be left alone, and a DC vigilante OC (I'd love to play her against your Dick Grayson!!)

I'm super interested in roleplaying with you, so if you're down for it, do let me know so I can shoot you a message!! 💙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back