Login Here

Lurie kept silent throughout the exchange between the npc and Nightshade. Sure she'd thought about jumping in, but as the conversation between the two continued, it seemed more and more like a troublesome thing to do. Her race was also an elf, and if she let the little girl called Rita know that, she might get questioned as well. Thankfully Mahan asked her and Plinto to go with him to pick out a house for the group. She never thought about it before but it might be nice for them to have their own personal place to stay rather than the Inn.

Lurie followed Mahan to the housing guild and waited as he looked at the list for Manors.

"Huh, why Manors? I know there's a few of us, but isn't a Manor a little big? Well, it'll at least have some space."

When Mahan asked was Plinto and her thoughts were, Lurie took a look at the list.

"Hm, let me see for a bit." It wasn't that she didn't trust him, she just liked to confirm these things on her own.

"Er.."

There was actually three. Maybe Mahan had just skipped over this one by mistake? Or he just didn't like it so he didn't bring it up? Whatever the case, it didn't matter much since she didn't like it anyways. The others were just as Mahan had said. Since the 10 room one was out and nobles were a no go, that left only one left.

"I like the 7 room one the most. It's one room for all of us, plus it's near the Main gate so we can exit and enter the city easily which will be convenient for us. Besides, I doubt we'll be living in the manor for a long period of time. Likely, we'll be in it for a few days at a time doing what we need to in the city, recovering, then heading back out. So this is likely the best choice."

Saying what she thought, she handed the list over to Plinto for him to take a look.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Plinto was a bit shocked to hear that Mahan want their opinion on where they should live. Really he just expected that he would just pick whatever he wanted and have them help decorate it for the party. He took a moment to think as Lurie gave her answer and really most of what she said he agreed with very much so. They weren't really going to need a lot since they were going to be out more than just sitting around anyway.

"I have to agree with Lurie on this. It would be more efficient because of its location. And we should only need one room for each of us so the 7 bedrooms should be fine."

Mahan was then left dumbfounded not expecting for them to answer that way. That only made him think that maybe he had been around too many gamers that always want the largest and fanciest things in games.

"Ok then if that is what you guys think then that is the one we'll get then." He was certain that listening was the best move. He did have his mind set on the third one but it seems that it doesn't really matter in the long run if the the manor is at the main square near the shopping district.

After selecting the manor, paying the 20,000 gold, and getting the keys he lead the others to their new home. He could of stayed to pay 500 gold for a butler or maid but for now it didn't seem necessary.

Arriving to the front of the city they came up to a large building with walls lined with marble. Leading up the stairs was the front door to their new manor. Opening the front door they were welcomed by a fully furnished manor with lights, couches, tables, and chairs.

"Nice now let's see about getting this place party ready."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Yuna woke up and rubbed her eyes with a yawn, the first thing she noticed was that Loki was gone. Then she noticed the sun shining bright already. "What time is it?" she asked the empty room. But obviously it wasn't going to answer. Stretched one last time and then got up. She knew she should be happy, she turned 18 today, but it wasn't the same without her family. No, she shouldn't think like that, it would be fun with her new friends, she was sure about that.

Fabian also woke up while Yuna woke up. He looked up at his owner. Yuna looked down at the fox "good morning Fabian" she said with a smile. Fabian jumped down from the bed and walked towards the door, Yuna nodded "yea yea, let's go downstairs" she said and followed him downstairs.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche

"My name?" Max said. He was reluctant to give his username out of fear of being dubbed the antichrist of elves or something, so instead he added a caveat.

"Well, it's not my real name, I don't remember my real name, so I go by the name Nightshade," Max said. The best way to lie is to sprinkle in an ounce of truth—it wasn't his real name, and he does go by the name Nightshade. But she didn't have to know that he knew his real name was Max.

Then Yuna came down the stairs. "Hey, Yuna, come grab a drink and sit down, I don't get to talk to you often," Max said,"How're you feeling?" Max pretended that he forgot it was her birthday today, but, of course, he was a terrible actor.

"Listen, we'll have to talk later," Max said to Rita,"but I'd love to know more."

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Yuna chuckled at Shades greeting, was he really forgotten her birthday? no, that couldn't be it, he was way to suspicious. however she played along.

"well good morning shade, I'm feeling great" she said as she sat down with the others. she looked around and noticed an NPC at their table, and Mahan was gone. "who's she?" she asked with a nod to the NPC "and where is Mahan?" she added. it would be a shame if Mahan were to miss her birthday, but if he had other things to do then she was fine with that. although it did sadden her a little.

After getting a good look of most of the manor on the first floor and adding everyone in the guild to the residence list they got to work. As he found out quickly decorating was not going to that big of a deal. It seemed whoever was incharge of making that function thought ahead. All one had to do was use the interface to set and place any decoration around the manor. It didn't even matter where if you wanted something on the ceiling you could without needing a ladder.

Taking the time to show Plinto and Lurie how to use the controls he thought of making things be a bit simple for Yuna. Nothing over the top so it all felt a bit more natural and welcoming. There was a quick option to make the place look like they were having a large a fair but that seemed way to much a birthday party.

Each of them split up to cover a section of the room adding streamers, balloons, and a banner say "Happy Birthday Yuna" for all to see.

"Ok this is great that thing are coming along nicely. Hmmm.... How do you guys feel about is getting some ale for the celebration?" Normally he wasn't one to drink a lot but that was normally because he always had to work. "If you guys don't mind I can get a couple barrels for today."

RaynaFon RaynaFon Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Sizniche Sizniche

Loki waved at Yuna when she came down. "Oh, Mahan? He said something about buying a manor for us to have instead of using the inn and dragged Lurie and Plinto along with him. He should messages us once he has one."

Loki then turned her to Rita who was standing there puzzled by Nightshade's response.

"I'm sure she's fine answering that."

Rita nodded and gave a small bow to Yuna. "My name is Rita, an elf of the wind spirit, Ta family. May I ask you for your name?"

After they finished placing the decorations on the first floor of their new manor, Mahan asked if bring ale was alright if he brought ale to the party. Lurie wasn't really sure, plus she had never drank alcohol before, but is didn't want to seem like a pushover either.

"Sure, I don't mind at all. My parents have let me drink on special occasions before, but don't let anyone know I told you that."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze [/divide]

Plinto wasn't too sure about them having ale. Based on what even Lurie even though she said yes she wasn't legal drinking age either. But what was even thinking, what drinking age? As far as he knew because this was a game with people playing all around the world there would be an issue if the standard drinking age in America was in effect. Heck Mahan might know that and just want to know because he wasn't sure if we were comfortable with idea of alcohol.

"Sure a little alcohol never hurt anyone I guess." He was trying to go with the flow with his decision but he did wonder what would happen if thing got of hand. No relax, everything should be fine right.

Mahan held back a somewhat sinister smile. He wasn't evil but he did like to have a little fun sometimes. With there blessing he left out making sure to give them their keys to the manor.

"Ok you two I'll be back in a bit relax and enjoy yourselves while I'm out," he said. He was half way to the market place when he decided to contact Loki saying they could head to the Manor by the front gate of the city.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Max forgot Loki was there for a moment until she spoke up. He knew from the outset that Loki liked Yuna. Max hated Loki with every ounce of his being, but damn, at least he had honor. Who knows? Maybe contact with Yuna, the most innocent cinnamon roll of a person in existence, might mellow Loki out. That, or Yuna would turn into the same toxic pseudo-sociopath as Loki. Honestly, now that he thought about it, he didn't know which was worse; the idea of a version of Loki that he liked creeped him the hell out. But, I digress. Max decided to let them have their time, despite him still not getting a chance to have a good talk with Yuna yet.

"Well, I'm going to go... uh... mining. Yeah, mining." Don't worry, you idiot, you'll get used to lying, now just back away slowly to the door. And so he did; he backed out of the inn and let them have their peace. However, instead of going mining, he decided to hunt down Clancy. It would be a shame if Clancy didn't show up to the party. He sent Clancy a message.

"I hope you didn't forget it's Yuna's birthday when you decided to cut and run with my gear you didn't pay for. Now, where are you, and where's my money?"

He waited a few minutes. No response.

"Psh. Typical. I better not miss the party because of this asshat."

And so, Max set out in search of Clancy. He saw Mahan, but kept walking instead of stopping to talk to him. Mahan had a more important issue to deal with, after all.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Last edited:
"buy a mansion? why that? and does he even have money for that?" she asked highly surprised.

then she turned her head to the elf "oh, well, hi Rita, an elf of the wind spirit, Ta family, nice to meet you" she said cheerfully "my name is Yuna, a human from the overseas place of france, from the aureum family" she chuckled, she was felt like goofing around a little, therefor the silly introduction. "well, Rita, what brought you here?" she then asked.

meanwhile Shade got up to leave "do you have to go already?" she asked a little dissapointed, but he was gone already "ahw, that's no fun, I hope he comes back soon to be honest" she said to the others.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Lurie was sitting in a nice, well made, wooden chair while she waited for Mahan and the others to return. For a while she was fine, but soon the silence got to her. Glancing over at Plinto he seemed to be fine. Was that how all rouges were?

Since she didn't feel like sitting around in silence anymore, she decided to come up with some small talk.

"So Plinto, you've been with the group around the same amount of time I have. What do you think so far?"

She was honestly curious about what he thought.

"Truthfull, I was expecting a raid guild with abunch of really serious members when I first heard about them, but they seem much more relaxed then that. Although, Mahan and Loki seem to be a bit serious from time to time. Guess that's why they're so strong. They must be used to this kind of thing. I hope I can be that strong sometime."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Plinto had been sitting content to wait for the others to show up. He didn't really know what to do since most of the time he just let the others do all the talking. He wasn't even sure if breaking the silence was a good idea. Well Lurie seemed to think it was good to talk a bit. He didn't really expect that since she didn't really talk to him much since they met.

He could at least understand that she was curious about his opinion of the guild. He could agree a bit to what she had said a little. From the rumors floating around it was expected that they all might of been grinding non-stop. Well even though that was only true when they first joined.

"I have to agree that we are pretty relaxed, but Loki and Mahan just seem to be way more advanced at combat. So far it seems we are only doing so well because they are with us. But it seems they know this and don't mind or don't know at all."

He was always trying to keep up with them but it seemed that none of them could even hope to get to where they are.

"Hmmm sorry about that, I guess even I wish I could be that good too. I didn't intend on sounding negative about our situation when things are going great for us." No matter the reason for them still being around Plinto really wanted to be more help than just dealing some damage and nothing else.

"Hey what do you think that we will be doing starting tomorrow?" He was conceded about doing better but he only could wonder what their next move could be.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Lurie shook her head when Plinto apologized for his negative view about the groups power gap.

"No, I'm sure they know, wasn't that why they wanted us to train on the bandits? I mean we all did get a level out of it after all." Lurie tried to reassure him. "If it wasn't for the AI messing around with things, we probably would have gotten a few more. I think they'll probably try to start the training again tomorrow. I know that Mahan at least wants to push the next level as soon as we can, and Loki did say she likes to stay ahead of the general playerbase. So we'll like start training again soon. Since the human-like mobs are no good, they'll likely take us to the outskirts of the Dark Forest to fight the undead. Well that's just my guess. With the x2 exp we still have, getting levels there should be too hard. You should try catching up to them there."

Lurie paused for a bit. "I wonder what Clancy's doing? No one's seen him since yesterday right? He didn't wander too far off and get lost did he? Hopefully he's alright."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Plinto could of slapped himself for not thinking about that. Well except for the fact that Lurie was trying to reassure him he didn't have to worry. He had always a hard time of knowing how to interact with others, especially the opposite sex. It was moments like this he wished that he didn't have to grow up focusing on helping his family so much. He never really regretted it but it would of helped to spend more times with others outside his family.

"Thanks you're right," he replied. "In no time of we work harder we should be able to catch up with them."

Hearing about Clancy made him wonder as well. He didn't seem like a guy who would get lost easily. In fact Plinto was sure besides Mahan and Loki, Clancy should be one of the smartest he met so far. Could he had so simply be lost?

"Hopefully he's just taking his time with grinding knowing him. I mean don't spellcasters at his level have a teleport spell? If things got bad he could just send himself back to the city."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Mahan had finally found a vendor who sound the kind of ale he was looking for. In truth there were only two but if you didn't know that one of them didn't give the real effects of alcohol. It was a slick way that the designers got away with having alcohol in the game and not get in trouble with underaged drinking. If someone under the legal age asked for some ale they would get the one that only had taste but nothing else. But Mahan wanted the good stuff for everyone to enjoy themselves. Now finding a vendor who sells it is hard since most of it is found in inns already, but it is possible with patients to buy it if you ask the right people.

The vendor had an entire cart full of the ale and no one seemed to be buying so he actually lowered the price for him.

[I can sell all ten barrels to you good sir if you can pay me 500 gold now. I'll even take it to where ever you want so you don't have to deal with the hassle.]

"Hmmm........ok." Now for some reason this seemed a bit strange, but he could see that he most likely wanted to make a sale so he could get rid of his stock. Seriously 500 gold for all that ale was a steal if he had eve seen one. "Alright here is the 500 gold, I need it sent to the manor buy the front gates of the city."

Saying his good-byes he headed back ahead of the vendor since he said he would have it their within the hour. When he got back he could hear Lurie and Plinto talking. Oddly enough he was surprised that he others had not made it the just yet.

"Hey you two the guy I bought the ale from said he should have it here within the hour," he said as he sat down on one of the couches. "So what are you both talking about?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

"Yup." Loki replied to Yuna. "Mahan and I both have shops that we've bought. So he should have plenty of money to get himself a manor."

Loki actually had two shops to her name, but figured saying so didn't really make any difference so she left that part out. Though, and interesting thought did occur to her.
"I wonder if it's possible to buy the Inn? After all, it is also considered a shop."
However those were questions for later, as a message showed up on her UI from Mahan.

"Ah, that's him now. He just finished looking at the manor they bought. It's the one over by the Main Gate. Let's go see it."

Loki turned to Rita. "You can come if you want."

"Really?" The little elf questioned hopefully.

"Yeah, you're new here right and you've got a lot of questions about this place. It'd be easier if you come with us. I doubt anyone would have a problem with that."

Rita nodded and hopped off her seat to follow Loki and Yuna. Loki sent Mahan a reply that they were on their way over.

Lurie turned her head when she heard Mahan's voice.

"Oh, just thinking what we'll do next. I said we'd probably go fight undead instead of the bandits. Though, in the end if kinda falls to you and Loki."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

World Notification: The portal linking the City of Beginnings and the City of Light is now accessible to all players
299f8fd515eea470c1293fd314d63cb6.jpg
Prrrgadilly had been beyond pleased to get that notification as he'd finished another transaction. It had been getting much too crowded here in the City of Beginnings, and he could only swindle so many players out of their hard earned money and items before it began to become apparent what he was up to. As soon as he'd amassed enough wealth to warrant a move on to bigger fish, Prrrgadilly had been the first player to take the portal to the City of Light. Navigating the city with a unshakable confidence, the first thing Prrrgadilly did in the city was purchase a home in a good part of town and a couple of supplies to set his plans into motion. That had been yesterday.

Today, Prrrgadilly was on his way to the Artisan District to clear out his bank, and work on some crafting. Stepping out of his house, and locking the door securely behind himself, Prrrgadilly brushed nonexistent dust from the sleeves of his base clothing. "Bethlehem, come." Prrrgadilly used his custom trigger phrase to summon his midnight black stallion, Bedlam, to his side. Pulling himself up into the saddle with ease, Prrrgadilly rode the large horse sidesaddle. Reaching the Artisan district promptly, Prrrgadilly entered the bank branch and withdrew everything. Giving the bank clerk a suggestive wink, he brushed a bit of his long silver hair out of his face before heading towards the crafting stations and sitting down, just swiping through the menus of his UI with an abject boredom and sudden loss of enthusiasm. I don't even remember what I came out here to make... Ah, now I remember. The only problem is that I need more material than this to pull it off. Le sigh. Getting up in something of a huff, Prrrgadilly redeposited everything except his gold, summoned Bedlam, and rode out to the portal; he needed some cheap materials, and idiot players were always cheaper than shops, even with his Merchant sub-class.

((Just a tiny introduction so I can sleep in peace, knowing I'm now in the game.))

Last edited:
"Really well we haven't talked about it yet since I only said I would talk to her about the subclasses but surely that might be our next move." Mahan couldn't say it out loud but going to that forest was going to be really dangerous for them. Now vampires and werewolves wouldn't be a problem but there was supposed to be a Lich who commands an army of undead hiding somewhere. Along with him there are plenty of necromancers and death knights waiting to just kill anyone they find to be an enemy. Even loki, being a warlock, could not just walk around without them trying to send her for respawn. But in the end it really was still easier then dealing with the bandits in the long run.

An alert in from Loki finally game saying that she was on her way with Yuna and Rita. "Huh, looks like we're going to have some unexpected company." It wasn't a problem for him, if Rita was coming then it must of been ok with Yuna.

Closing it up he heard a knock on the door. *knock* *knock*

"Coming!" he said. Open the door he was met with the ale vendor he had traded with. "Oh perfect timing."

[Yes sir just tell me where you want it and I'll be out of your hair and on my way.]

"Just set them down over there and I can handle the rest," he said pointing to a table inside the main hall.

"We're in good luck guys, the ale made it here much sooner then I expected."

"Aha, I didn't know the shops earned that well, but that's really neat" Yuna replied with a smile. That smile grew even bigger when Loki said they could go check it out, Yuna was pretty curious and exited to see it because in her own life she had never been in rich and fancy houses. "Oui, let's go" she said as she stood up.

Yuna turned to Rita "yea, come with us, that'll be fun, the more the merrier is what they say, right?" she said as she glanced over at Loki to make sure she got that saying right.

after a day and a bit more of grinding, finally Prey had reached level 9 and taken out her anger about being stuck in this stupid game and about that stupid guild stupidly unlocking that stupid city first, which was totally stupid. Still, she was curious and wanted to check it out, but just to see how stupid it was of course. She was alone as she and her boyfriend had gotten in an argument and eventually broke up, but she wasn't sad about it, she didn't need him anyway, with his stupid dog.

now Prey was wandering around in the Streets of the City of Light. It was true, this place was much nicer compared to the city of beginnings, and she could see herself liking this place quite a bit, if it wasn't drenched with the smell of Eclipse. She couldn't help herself but look around to see if she could find any members while she was wandering around but so far she hadn't bumped into any.

Her stomach rumbled. She was getting hungry, in those days of grinding she hadn't taken many breaks to really sit down and eat, even though her inventory was loaded with raw meat and the gold she had earned from all the grinding. She decided to treat herself and head towards the Inn for a nice lunch.

Loki nodded at Yuna when she looked at her. Still looking at Yuna, not because of her innocent smile that blinds of course, Loki went through the Inn's door and felt something hard on her head.

"Tsk." Holding her head, Loki quickly caught herself. Taking a look at what she ran into, Loki noticed a blonde-haired girl around her own age standing in the doorway.

"Ah, sorry bout that. Something caught my attention. You alright?"

Lurie helped Mahan with the barrels of ale.

"You got alot huh...you think we'd be able to finish ten? I mean ale isn't like wine. It certainly doesn't get better with age."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Mahan was getting some extra help from Lurie and Plinto so they had easily finished stacking them in a good place to be stored.

"No it should be fine," he responded. "Unlike most things ale is still considered a stat boosting item so it shouldn't go bad." True a cup of ale only increased your HP by 30 points for and hour so it was not supposed to be something that would go bad. In fact most for and drink don't go bad with time. The only time food becomes unusable is when being made someone made a mistake and it didn't come out right.

"Anyway I wasn't expecting us to drink it all today. We might want some for later and we can always store it in the cellar." Sitting down he decided to just relax and take a breather.

"So while we are still waiting why don't we continue this little discussion? So since we have the time is there anything that either of you wanted to know? I don't really talk about my time as a GM that often but am knowledgeable about certain topics of this game. Or anything else that you wanted to know I am all ears."

Prey grumbled annoyed when someone bumped into her, appearently distracted by the girl next to her. However, she wasn't planning on seeking trouble, not today at least, so she wanted to let it slip with a simple "yea, I'm fine" and continued walking towards a free table.

Then she suddenly froze in her tracks when she realised the names of the players she had bumped into. She turned around to face them again. Yes, two of them were indeed two of the members of Eclipse. Prey narrowed her eyes "well, actually, I should probably bow to you two and appologise for even daring to touch you as you're two of the godly beings part of the guild eclipse, isn't it?" she sneered with a sarcastic little bow.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"...You've got to walk that lonesome valley

Well you gotta go by yourself

Well there ain't nobody else gonna go there for you

You gotta go there by yourself..."

The elf in dark robs walked jollily down the road toward the inn. She had left the group she had been working with the other day and now was time to rest at the inn without worrying for monsters, murderers and thieves.

“…You've got to walk that lonesome valley

Well you gotta go by yourself

Well there ain't nobody else gonna go there for you

You gotta go there by yourself…”

She kept singing as she walked not because she was paid for that but as she was lonely and it scared her most of time and to muster her courage up and keep her face confident and bright she sang. She believed that the foe could smell the fear and chase the weak thus tried to always look brave and strong at least on the outside. Singing made her forget about the nonsense they were trapped in. In that moment she was thinking about good tastes she could test at inn’s dinner but she never did. It was going to be waste of gold to be spent on illusion of food. She only got what was necessary and nothing more. That was the best she could afford, being a cautious not so active warlock who usually practiced on weaker monsters.

Loki was always good at sniffing out trouble, after all she enjoyed causing it, and she'd be damned if this girl didn't reek of it. She was about to let out one of signature smiles, until she remembered that they were in the middle of something. Instead, Loki gave the blonde-haired girl her fake feminine smiles.

"Come now, we're all humans here. Well, some elves and dwarves, but you get the point. No need to put us on a pedestal."

Of course the last part was said on purpose to annoying the girl how was clear hostile because of the guild. Though Loki wasn't really sure why, then again, she didn't really care.

"I'm not really anyone special enough to bow too, just a gaming vet. Well, see you again?" Loki waved at the bowing girl and turned to her group.

"Let's go guys, don't want to keep the others waiting."

Loki waited til the others walked out the door and followed behind them, secretly waiting for the blonde girl's reaction. She wanted to tease her a bit, but Yuna's party came first. She would just have to hope they bumped into her again.

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back