• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LOG ON (ic)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Clouds

Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check

mood
excited

tags
TBA

"I’ll become your end boss!"

The clock ticked by ever so slowly, seconds looking like minutes, minutes looking like hours… The loyal fans of LOG ON were eagerly awaiting the arrival of the brand new server 5, just like the other years. But now it was the very 5th anniversary of LOG ON which wasn’t your every day thing. They even promised some amazing hidden bosses which were to be found in the several area’s. Some even said they could be found in every area which was more than they had ever done. It only got the hopes up more and more of the players with the hidden surprises lurking from the shadows. 23:59 (Korean timezone GMT+9). Almost there. The tension coming to an all time high as people readied their brand new log in cards, ready to swipe it into their little complementary card readers (whenever you bought the game, they always had some spare ones as well in case one broke). Eventually the last few seconds went in, the internet cafes were filled up to the brim with their exciting roars:

”10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1!”

At the very second, everyone checked into the game and hoped they would gain access as it was limited as the company wanted to avoid the server overloads again… If that would’ve happened this time, it would be a huge pain in the ass as the start of server would be required to move back a day. Luckily it didn’t happen to the relief of the employees.

>>> Official Theme Song Server 5 <<<

e251db55cb5d24b038762189a5be151a.jpg

Welcome dearest players to the newest server of LOG ON!

We have put our uttermost effort into creating this game, and therefore we would like for you to once again explore the edges of our map. There are brand new areas and of course we have added some hidden bosses which aren’t that easy to encounter, so you might want to put in some exploring here as well. :-D These might help you well with levelling up your character and get some rare materials.

And then, we absolutely cannot forget about our new season of…

THE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Both new and old teams are signing up already for the upcoming championship, do you dare to take the plunge into this world?! You might just be able to take the renowned throne for yourself this year round.

Good luck to you all!​

Ji-Yung couldn’t help but to smile at the pop-up screen in front of her as she had been waiting for this for such a long time… Finally she was able to apply for the championships she had wanted to join for quite some time now, the only thing was being able to find a team that would accept her or she could just start one of her own. Though the latter was probably not the best of choices as she was quite the hot-head and wasn’t doing that well in the leadership field of things. But that didn’t bring her down as now she just wanted to enjoy the new map of LOG ON which was filled with new stores and wildlife yet to be discovered. Aah, how she missed the feeling of seeing something brand new and the game never really let her down. It took her a bit to create her in-game character which was called H2O, this was mainly because she wanted it to be completely to her liking as she was going to be ‘stuck’ with it for the rest of the year if she wanted to join the competition that is.

Once she clicked on the ready button, she was transported into Rainmore City where everything began. But holy crap, there were so many people there already with the most vibrant of characters on one side, while others tried to blend in more with the NPCs. Her grin only growing wider as she could hear the faint ambiance in the background which made this just that more immersive.

”Let’s go farming everyone!” She shouted to her viewers who were eagerly watching her, some with a bit of jealousy as they didn’t manage to get into the servers at the first try. But that didn’t matter, they still got to experience it a little bit this way!

Her eyes shifted however to her phone as she felt it vibrating on her desk, but ignored it with a sense of unease as she read who it was that messaged her… One of her old mentors, and the worst of them all to top it off.

Fight On

code: s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:
Mentions: Clouds Clouds
January, 1st 2022
10:47 P.M.

The small clinking of ceramics and glass echoes out of the small kitchen, a constant stream of water pitter pattering against the glass cups, silverware, and ceramic dishes. A young, bearded man in a Chef's Uniform stands in front of a metallic sink, armed with a soapy sponge and warm water, washing away the grime and food residue of today with a hearty smile. His experiment was a success. Who knew mixing a little dash of soy sauce into the simple dalgona mixture would've heightened it's simple, sugary flavor into something so sweet and savoury. Clearly, this only worked due to using brown sugar instead of white sugar. As brown sugar has minerals such as iron and sodium, minerals that are purified in white sugar, allowing for a fun experience, as the depth of soy sauce was able to bring out the unique aroma of the brown sugar, going perfectly together.

Many recipe ideas and arrangements flew through his noggin, as he continued to scrub away the dirty plates, preparing the shop to close down for a few days, he gotten a decked out VR set, with full body detection and simulated walking, as everything was ready for the time of the Launch... all that was left to do was close up the shop, as the supplies should be in by monday... just what kind of expensive hobby did he just gotten himself dragged into?

December 27th, 2021
5:13 P.M.
Wearing a warm hoodie in the early afternoon was definetly a necessity during cold winters as these, the young chef was examining a package of bargain sliced beef on a rack, they're on a huge sale right now since the Christmas holidays just ended, many grocers want to get rid of the bulk items they stocked up on, especially meat products. As the young chef was deep in thought, perhaps this chef was on the brink of a new discovery in the cullinary arts? Now, what should I make? I could honestly go with a gyro, but katsu-don also sounds really good too... Mmm. But, I just had rice for lunch, I really want a different carb for dinner... As the chef's eyes lit up, declaring to the world in the middle of the grocery store.

"Mince Katsu Sandwich it is! Haha! My genius simply knows no bounds!" He said, as he returned to quiet pondering on what to have as a side dish, when he heard a familiar, energetic voice perk up from behind him.

"Alan! Is that you?" As he shook slightly and turned behind him to see a pink haired girl with a basket full of groceries, confictionary sweets, and candies. "Wow! It's really you!" As the energetic, young, pink haired girl ran up to Alan gave him a hearty slap on his shoulder. "It's so good to see you man!" As she gave Alan an energetic smile. "How have you been!" As Alan's confusion quickly shifted into surprise and joy. "Jinnie? Wow, I didn't expect to see you here! This really is quite a nice coincidence, and I've been really well." He smiled at his old friend.

They both met six years ago, while Alan was working under a Korean Cafe, Nakrang, which served a variety of western Cuisines and more traditional Korean Cuisines. Such as Mandoo and Samgyetang. He recalled her ordering bingsu, something that wasn't on the menu, however, instead of rejecting her order, Alan took it upon himself to satisfy his new customer. Producing one of the best tasting Bingsu she's ever had.

"Say, how about we go catch up? It's been way too long!" Alan requested of his old friend.

December 27th, 2021
6:07 P.M.
As Jinnie bit into a freshly made Mince Katsu Sandwich. Her eyes quickly closed to increase the enjoyment of the rich, juicy Katsu Sandwich. "Mmmm! No matter what you make, your food always tastes divine Alan!" Jinnie yelped in pleasure, as she quickly ate away one of the sandwiches. Alan chuckled. "Geez, I know I'm good but I'm no god, well not yet anyways." He said, with a smug smile. "Anyways, how have you been doing? What's been keeping you busy? Have you achieved your dreams of becoming a streamer" Alan questioned.

"Well yeah! I'm making lots of donations that I just started professionally streaming lately! It's honestly fantastic! I get to play my favorite game and playing LOG ON really rakes in the views!" Jinnie replied, brimming with passion.

"Woah, that's actually really awesome. I never really gotten into that "LOG ON" game everyone has been playing, I've just been really busy yah know?" Alan stated with a hint of dissapointment. "Besides, ain't it way too late for noobs to join?"

"Well, I would say yeah if they weren't adding a new server soon, and apparently the devs added a heck of alot of new content to the game, perfect for noobs and no-lifers!" Jinnie said with a slightly malicious laugh. "Heck, if you're too scared, I could teach you. Veterans teaching Noobs is a really popular trend, and this is the perfect time to hitch that bandwagon with the new server and all!" As Jinnie stood up, and made extremly exagerrated hand gestures. "I can see it now, you'll be the greatest underdog story there is! A master and disciple, training hard together to become the ultimate team, and one day, you'll overcome me! But, not before I win the championship of course haha! So, what do you say? I say it'll be a great time!"

"Well..." Alan examined Jinnie, chuckled, and shook his head. "You want me to teach you how to cook in return don't you?" He grinned smugly. "Gah! Was it that obivous?" Jinnie replied in a surprised, but excpecting tone. "A little." Alan chuckled. "But sure, I'd be happy to teach you regardless. I'll be your master in the real world, and you'll be the master in the game!" As Jinnie showed an expression of pure joy, with arms raised in the air."YAY! Wait, why does that sound really condesending. Regardless, the new server is coming online at the start of the New Years! So don't you dare miss it!"

January, 1st 2022
11:50 P.M.
As Alan suited up and put on his VR kit, as his eyes were overwhelmed with colors, as the Nexus came to view, or at least that's what the cool kids called the main menu of the VR kit he was using, the Chaos v3, which was apparently the best headset to play LOG ON with, or at least, that's what Jinnie told him anyways. Either way, from what she told him, he needs to log on quick as it's a first come first serve basis due to the insane traffic the first day of a new server tends to get hectic. As Alan loaded up the game, he quickly logged into his ACCOUNT CARD for server five. As all he saw was a timer, counting down for the launch new server. Where everyone has a somewhat equal start, since every account will start at level 1. 7:47...7:46...7:45... He relaxed for a bit, getting comfortable, as he began waiting for the server to open up.

January, 1st 2022
11:59 P.M.

20... 19... 18...
Alan got off the floor, he got ready to quickly log into LOG ON, wanting to not miss out, both because of his immense curiousity of the game and not wanting to be nagged at by Jinnie. As
the timer went down, he thought of what he's gonna even do, or what class he's even gonna choose. But, that didn't matter as much, as the timer slowly counted down.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

As the once void that he saw slowly shifted into a bright night city scape came into view, the streets were scattered with extremely glaring adverts of ingame items and consumables, and some that are real life products, the tall skyscrapers surrounded the spawnpoint, neon lights scattered about, as the light pathed a way throughout the city, where not a single location was dark. As he was basking in the glory of the dystopian city, as he waved his arms around, completely immersed in the handscape and real body he chose, was suddenly cut short, when he saw a popup come up.

Welcome dearest players to the newest server of LOG ON!

We have put our uttermost effort into creating this game, and therefore we would like for you to once again explore the edges of our map. There are brand new areas and of course we have added some hidden bosses which aren’t that easy to encounter, so you might want to put in some exploring here as well. :-D These might help you well with levelling up your character and get some rare materials.

And then, we absolutely cannot forget about our new season of…

THE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Both new and old teams are signing up already for the upcoming championship, do you dare to take the plunge into this world?! You might just be able to take the renowned throne for yourself this year round.

Good luck to you all!
Alan recalled Jinnie discussing about the championship she wanted to join for a long time coming up soon, where you had to join up in a team or create one yourself. He really doesn't know if he's going to join in the championship just yet, as he does have a job he's passionate and dedicated to. "Bah, I can worry about that later, as the famous saying goes, That is this and this is that." He shrugged as he began wandering around, looking around for Jinnie, he's was ready to be taught the ropes, or be carried hard.

SUMIRE KITAZAWA | MI-Q

Hers was a room busy with low noise, be it the hum of an air conditioner that's been on for too long, or the dripping of water leaking from the same corner, this not-quite-quiet created this unbearable thickness in the air for the uninitiated. Enter Sumire Kitazawa, box in arms. She dragged herself across the room, black socks on white paper, not stopping to consider that she might be stepping on the homework due for the coming semester. Today, Sumire would be spending yet another New Year's without her parents. 'C'est la vie, Kitazawa, game on.'

So there she sat, legs crossed on her desk chair, package on her lap. With a quick motion she cut the box open, revealing a VR headset, themed around her online persona. She felt the box double in weight for every cable, battery, and charger that came with the headset itself. This was some pricey shit. Sumire grinned to herself as she traced her hand along the side of the headset, her proof of her worth in her guild. Prior to the headset, she'd received an account card for server 5 as a gift from her guild, one that she used to log into tonight's main event, the opening of the 5th LOG ON Server.

VR headset connected, Sumire watched anxiously as the numbers on the screen got lower, her grip on the controllers getting tighter by the second. 10 seconds left. 9 seconds left. Readjust grip on right controller. 5 seconds. It's soft. 3 seconds. Why is it soft. 2. Lift up headset. 1. YOU'RE GRIPPING YOUR BRAIDS. START!

A pop-up message on top of a neon city stared back at her when she reentered. "WELCOME, DEAREST PLAYERS TO THE NEWEST SERVER OF LOG ON!" Damn. Sumire found herself in a bright, futuristic, city at the epicenter of the city square. Bright lights, tall buildings, and- wooh! motion sickness as she turned her head! Good god, that is disorienting.

Ahem, she'll get used to it, like she always does.​

Last edited:
December 31, 2021
9:38 AM - Cambridge, Massachusetts

3bf1f3238d11daa1a4c0369177fe3efa.jpeg

Caden Indren stood alone in his apartment, as he dusted off his VR headset and controller. Thank god fall semester had ended early, that way he could have time to rest and relax before the next semester's grind, and he couldn't think of a more perfect way than to freshen himself back up on his old hobby. The world of LOG ON was waiting for him, and if he remembered correctly, there was a new server opening up in a few minutes. In his opinion, it was perfect timing.

He let the thoughts of law school slip out of his head as he held his controller firmly in his hands, slipping the headset slowly over his head as he laid himself across the couch of his dorm. After all, he didn't want to randomly collapse in the middle of the floor, at least from his previous experiences with the game. He could have sworn he might have even gotten a concussion one time, hitting his head on something when he had collapsed... he was grateful he'd learned from his mistakes.

Caden almost felt sorry for the eager participants in Korea... at least he could go to bed at a decent time, at least he wouldn't have to stay up all night in this new server. He was glad he had gotten good sleep last night, he needed it for the events that would conspire today. He made sure in his head to thank Kieran again for the early access ticket, as he booted up the game, log in card in hand. The familiar armor suit of Invictus staring back at him, he smiled as he made the final preparations to enter the brand new server.

December 12, 2021
Boston, Massachusetts

5518b2fc78934a8e469555041725e224.jpeg

Kieran had been welcoming of his friend during Caden's overnight stay at his apartment. But now that Caden had to leave back to his own campus, Kieran could do little but thank him for coming over, to which Caden returned the gratitude for having him over. But as he passed through the turnstile of the subway station, Kieran couldn't help but call back to him--

"Hey, how's Invictus coming?"

"Huh?" Caden asked.

"It's nearing the end of the year... you know what that means, there's gonna be a brand new server."

"Shit," Caden cursed. He'd all but forgotten about LOG ON before his friend Kieran had mentioned it, what with his law studies and everything else keeping him occupied. "I'm sorry man... Wait, do you already have him finished?"

"You bet! I finished him up in my livestream last night."

"Oh yeah, sorry for not being there."

"No problem," Kieran smiled back at him. "I understand. You're busy. I just... wish you could relax a little. You can't be too absorbed in your studies, you know."

"You know I might flunk out if I--"

Kieran hushed his friend. "Don't worry about it. Just enjoy life as it comes, and as it goes. Only worry about the now, not the future." He put his arm around Caden's shoulder to comfort him. "Hey, if you want, I can come over and help you. I'm not too busy right now, final exams finished already."

"Oh... if you want, sure..."

Kieran winked. "Alright, I'll come along then. Good thing I brought my headset and controller with me..." he mused as he double checked his backpack, relieved to find those items still in it. "Invictus shouldn't take that long anyways... I mean, he's been pretty simple the past few servers. It all depends whether you wanna stay Blade Master or go back to Knight. Or try something different? That's always an option--"

Caden smiled as he and Kieran waited for the subway to arrive. "I think I know what I want to do..." he laughed.

December 31, 2021
9:57 AM - Cambridge, Massachusetts

Caden laughed to himself as he finished his preparations for the new server. Kieran sure was a good friend to him, wasn't he? It was a good thing they were so close, Kieran being at Boston College and himself being at Harvard. He was glad he'd taken Kieran's advice, he was enjoying himself the past few weeks a whole lot more. It had taken him some time to get used to the mechanics of LOG ON again, since he'd picked it up last. But thanks to some helpful tips he managed to figure it out.

He smiled as he finished putting on Invictus's armor. He couldn't wait for Kieran -- pardon, it was Avarius now that they were in the game -- to notice the changes he'd made. Sure, he'd kept Blade Master from last server, it was the easiest for him to get used to... but a lot of other things had changed. Mostly a brand new cosmetic and aesthetic makeover, different enough but subtle enough that you could still tell it was Invictus.

9:58... 9:59 AM. So close. Caden re-adjusted the headset over his head as he prepared to swipe his log-in card. He wondered how long it'd be until he could find the other Avarian Knights in-game.

30, 29, 28... His controller began to shake a little in his sweat-covered hands. 20, 19... 16, 15... Shit, he'd nearly forgotten to swipe his card. He did so, adjusting the blade on the side of Invictus's armor. He couldn't wait any longer.

10... 9... 8... It would probably be the longest 10 seconds of his life. But he waited it out, closing his eyes through the countdown as he braced himself for the sudden change.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Whoosh. Caden immediately felt the sensation of his consciousness getting sucked from his body, and as he heard the word "START!" he adjusted almost instantly.

dan-pogrebny-scifi-knight-8-fin.jpg

Invictus found himself in the middle of a futuristic-looking city. It was familiar yet... somehow different? He looked around and caught a glimpse of... actually he didn't recognize that character, but he was sure with the matching full-body armor it was another Avarian Knight.

"Welcome dearest players to the newest server of LOG ON!"

As many of the participants cheered, Invictus only did so internally. He had to keep up his character, he had to keep the façade of a stalwart, serious, unwavering Avarian Knight. But he suddenly felt himself fling forwards as someone bumped into him.

"You basta--" he started, but stopped himself as he unmistakably recognized the figure who had bumped into him.

nikita-muravich-deep-night.jpeg

"Sorry," came the voice of Avarius.

Invictus smiled, of course not letting the smile shine through his armor... at least not too much.

"Wow... you look stunning," Avarius whispered in a hush to Invictus. "Well... we can't waste any time! Come on and meet our new guild members! And of course we should find somewhere to set up our guild in the meantime..."

Invictus suddenly found himself roaming through the jam-packed city square, tugged onto the hand of Avarius as he looked around at his surroundings. There was a large gathering of figures clad in full-body armor, similar to the armor that Invictus and Avarius had on, not too far away but concealed a bit from the crowd. Avarius greeted them:

"Welcome back, Avarian Knights. Let's show this world what we're made of!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back