• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Local Weeb Looks for RP Partners

haniwa

So, I'm new! This is my very first post haha (and it looks really lame because tfw no BBcode skills.) I've actually been lurking this website as a guest for a few days now checking out the RP recruiting threads so I have a handle on things. I've RPed in the past but it was several years ago so full disclosure I may be a bit garbage. But nonetheless I have a strong urge to RP so I decided to make a thread of my own so you can judge me and my preferences to see if we'd make suitable partners 👌

• I'm 19, so an adult (not that I really feel like one but time marches on rip). And female.
  • I'm pretty chilled out and don't really focus too hard on hitting a certain length for posts. Honestly, I haven't RPed in so long that I don't really know how much I write. I think it's very dependent on how much I have to say, because I don't like the idea of filling my posts with pointless fluff just to buff up my paragraph count (I already do that in school essays, let's not do it here.) And then other times I'll be filled with stuff to say and write a lot, so basically I'm inconsistent. Same chillness applies to stuff like spelling/grammar, I think I'm pretty good at that sort of thing but I'm sure I make mistakes (my overuse of commas is pretty painful.)
  • I love plotting and planning and OOC talk! To be honest I suck really bad at coming up with cool plot ideas on the spot, so we need to plan out where we want the story to go together beforehand. I'm lame and I like to know what to expect and what we're doing, mostly because I want us to be on the same page so I don't have to worry that I'm taking the story in a direction you don't like. When I plot, I'm a bit indecisive so I just toss out tons of throwaway ideas of varying quality and then we can discuss and expand upon them. I also like shitposting so I probably will send you vines that remind me of our characters, or doodle them (if you do this too then <3)
  • Romance isn't necessary but still enjoyed, but I have a few stipulations if we decide to write it. First, I may suck a bit with writing it well - I haven't written anything fiction-y in years and the only romance I read is cheesy yuri manga so that's about the level I'll produce. Secondly, I like FxF the most (because Me Big Lesbian) but I also really enjoy MxM. I'll do FxM as the male BUT so long as it's an actually interesting dynamic (not to be heterophobic but so many straight couple dynamics I've read in romance before are soo boring and self-inserty.) Basically if you want 'Semi-Abusive Dominant Dreamboat Guy x Shy Girl Self-Insert', that ain't gonna fly, but I'm happy to do FxM (as the dude, not interested in playing the girl) if the dynamic is interesting and unusual. Actually the same applies for FxF and MxM stuff, let's drop all that pseudo seme/uke shit and write fun character dynamics instead pls. Rant over
  • I'm a weeb. I even put it in the title of my thread which is super embarrassing but I didn't want to pique the interest of any non-weebs who would read my wall of text and then feel let down because I'm a filthy animeposter. Basically I like anime-ish themes and if I have to use a faceclaim it'll always be illustrated (tbh using real life people feels very weird to me I can't get over that.) I don't actually like using faceclaims in general since I often recognize the series and so it doesn't feel like 'my own' character, so I may end up just giving a written description or even using some Piccrew character creator. Or doing my own drawing. What I'm saying here is that I'm embarrassing but if you also like that stuff then we'll probably be good partners.

• Be 17+. Just a comfort thing, I like dark themes and such so having partners in my general age range is preferred. I'm totally aware younger people like dark themes too (I was doing some mega edgy RPs at 13/14) but it's more fun to write those with people your own age anyway. Also don't be male. Okay semi-joking but it's just that my experience RPing FxF romance themes in particular with dudes in the past have universally sucked so expect me to be more judgmental lmaoo
  • Be cool with dark themes. It's not necessary at all and sometimes I like doing fluffy stuff (light-hearted moments in dark RPs are great too), but I guess I never outgrew my love for edgy shit so if you like that then we'll be good! So stuff like violence, language, etc.
  • Be okay with a semi-erratic schedule. In a perfect world where I always have both time and motivation I could reply once per day but this is not a perfect world and I often lack at least one. Sometimes I'll reply really fast and other times it might take me a few days. If it takes longer than a few days I'll let you know of course, but if you like a very fixed consistent schedule then we may not be good partners. I gain and lose motivation very fast and often get anxious over whether my post is 'good enough' which can make me stare at my own post and rewrite it multiple times for ages. I understand it's dumb because this is literally a RP site for fun but I'm just being upfront, I'm trying to get over it though. I also have uni starting up soon which may also slow things a bit (though given how much I procrastinate schoolwork I feel like I'll probably end up being MORE active during school months.) So yeah if you're chill on this I'd really appreciate it, and of course the exact same applies vice versa. If you've got writers block or are busy I'm 100% okay with waiting, it doesn't bother me at all. And if you feel like you're no longer into the RP, or just don't want to continue for any reason, let me know! You don't even have to tell me the reason, there won't be any hard feelings because this is just a fun hobby.

Okay, hope you clicked on those spoiler boxes that hide the sheer amount of pointless text I wrote! Anyway, now onto my ideas. Not gonna lie, I have zero fleshed out plot ideas. It's mostly just settings and character dynamics/personalities that I find appealing. You can just mix and match them to your choosing. Or hit me up with your own that I didn't list because honestly a lot of these are a bit generic but I find that's a good start point. If you have a proper plot you feel like doing, definitely let me know since thinking of the details of a plot (instead of just the vague concept) is my weak point.

• Urban fantasy (This one is good because I like supernatural/fantasy themes but I also kinda suck at creating big fantasy worlds, so urban fantasy is easier on my ice-cube smooth brain. Supernatural creatures, magic powers, superpowers, you name it.)
  • Crime (Nowadays I basically only watch mobster/prison movies so it's the genre I'm most familiar with. Anything to do with criminal characters of any kind is fun.)
  • Horror (Of any kind! I'm fond of psychological especially. Or slasher.)
  • Fantasy (I know what I said about sucking at big fantasy worldbuilding but I do enjoy fantasy worlds. I like medieval fantasy and fancy Victorian themed fantasy too.)
  • Magical girls (I'm an edgelord so darker variants of magical girls are really fun, though I like having light-hearted moments too.)
  • Action/thriller (I like fighting scenes and general excitement, it's fun :D)
  • Pirates (They're cool bro)
  • Cyberpunk (I really want to play an android character sometime. Cyberpunk in general is a great setting)
  • Time loops (I find time-loop plots to be consistently appealing. Pretty much anything involving one will be A+ for me)
  • Gothic themes (I forgot to add this one wtf it's my favorite.)

I'm very character-oriented - I am so bad at worldbuilding and lore stuff even though I try but I love delving really deep into our characters and putting them in challenging situations. For this list, I really have no preference for which role I play so take your pick! These also aren't listed in any order of preference, I like em all equally

• Supernatural creature x Human (I couldn't be bothered to write out all the different kinds of supernatural beings individually so think like vampire, witch, ghost, demon, werewolf, and more obscure ones you can think of too!)
  • Supernatural creature x Hunter
  • Supernatural creature x supernatural creature
  • Prince/princess x guard
  • Prince/princess x thief/criminal
  • Hero x villain
  • Villain x villain
  • Hero or villain x citizen
  • Criminal x criminal
  • Criminal x cop
  • Criminal x citizen
  • Magical girl x rival/human/etc

Okay there are way more that I like but typing this out feels so repetitive lmao, there's so much stuff I like - I'll add to it if I get any more ideas. This didn't even get into the personalities I like writing as (hint I've had a weird craving recently to play a tsundere boy in a FxM RP so ladies if you're out there🙏)

If there's something you're interested in even if it's not what I wrote here, please let me know and I'll almost certainly be up for it! Thanks for reading my post if you did, feel free to shoot me a message if any of this caught your interest ^^ For now though, I'm gonna sleep so peace out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back