• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern LL: Samaritans

Crono

The Guy
Roleplay Type(s)

YO6Slcl.png

giphy.gif

cukE6Uh.png

INTRODUCTION

Lasting Light might be considered to be a typical Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay. But you're not going to be a part of a typical group, you'll be one of The Samaritans. or one of their targets

The Roleplay is set fifteen months into the apocalypse when the majority of the population has already perished and there are only a few human pockets left. Most survivors try to make it on their own or more often join up with others to make some sort of safe haven in this dangerous world.

Our characters will be among the well-organized, ruthless group that is just now planning to move into the new territory. Their naturally fortified base might be safe haven for some but it's hell for others. Prison origins and pack mentality - it's a harsh reality where a bunch of top dogs and their "dictator" are in charge of the majority. Majority of the hard working people, some of them rescued survivors, others assimilated involuntarily.

There are many roles to choose from among the ex-inmates, their families, stray survivors, enslaved communities, and ex-prison personnel. You can be the one of the privileged ex-cons, enforcers, scouts, medics, or maybe a less fortunate member, maybe someone who's conspiring or planning a riot… or even a stranger who's about to encounter them all!

If you're a 18+ fan of relaxed-paced apocalyptic roleplays, read on. If you want to join the group only for a limited time (or create a reoccurring character) that's welcome as well but then please let me know you're in for a short-term, not the defaultly long-term roleplay.

GUIDELINES

1. RPNation rules apply, and due to the dubious nature of the characters for this group, please be 18+ and not sensitive to topics like violence, abuse, substance use, bigotry, and anything else one can associate with prison culture. This will be a realistic and hopefully engaging roleplay so some scenes might feel intense.

2. No OOC drama. Just be nice and respect one another, it's simple. However IC drama is encouraged, just like plotting!

3. Try to post once every week or so, this can be difficult when waiting on someone else's post so I'm not going to keep up with who does and doesn't. Mostly it's just me asking you to try and not hold everyone up too often, or tell us if you rather be skipped this time round. And if you'd rather drop the roleplay at any point it's understandable. You can even leave and return later as long as you keep us in the loop. (Simply message me privately if you want to drop.) :]

4. Two character maximum for the time being. But you're encouraged to make periodic characters (i.e. your characters who appear only once in a while for a post or few), NPCs (i.e. characters you create but who can be controlled by other roleplayers), and temporary characters (i.e. your characters who die or get lost early on).

5. Aim for realistic characters (real FCs or descriptions please) who act in tune with their backstory and the setting. They can be straight up bad guys (but they still should be humans with fears and desires), or good men turned bad due to circumstances. Good-good guys are allowed, though, they are probably strangers yet to be met or "slaves".

6. This is a semi-literate roleplay with high effort 1-2 paragraphs minimum. Quality over quantity but not like you can't have both.

WHY US?

What's the culprit of most even very promising roleplays?

Lack of organic conflict between main characters. This can be achieved by creating divide among the same group or creating two opposing factions. With time, this roleplay will have both! It will be a completely independent story (with our characters divided by their status, morality, and circumstances) that is a part of the Lasting Light universe. Which is an ongoing roleplay that our brand new group will encounter and interact with at some point in the future. It will give us an opportunity to test our characters' well developed bonds and loyalties against complete strangers.

Until then?

This is The Samaritans story. Let's write it!

You can read more and see the accepted or pending characters in the CS page
here. If you're interested in joining please comment below or send a character pitch (just a short description of the idea you have) to Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad . Once he checks it out he'll let you know if you have green light to work on the CS or you need to make some adjustments. If you have any questions let us know!

How far are you willing to go

Who will you become

To survive

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back