• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Living as Exiles

Xadieve

hiatus queen
This is a closed 1x1 RP reserved for Xadieve Xadieve and Scripted Away Scripted Away
latest

cce14bd426efbca5de1f7ebefadf2d2c.jpg

With: n/a
Mood: Anxious

code by arctic

t
r
é
b
o
l
V O L E P A W
As the mid-morning sun rose over the hillside, its milky pale light washed over the rolling hills where FrostClan made its living. The wind was but a whisper, with the pines on spruce trees barely even stirring. Birds greeted the sun with their song, along with the harsh crowing of ravens, lazily pecking at remnants of their night's meal.

The inhabitants of FrostClan were slow to react this morning. The combined feeling of a full stomach after a long Leaf-Bare, as well as the feel of the sun heating up the chilled ground, made for a very lazy morning. Many of the cats weren't even awake yet, save for the dawn patrol, who had already set out into the territory at the first sign of daybreak. A low rustling sound disturbed the eerie quiet of the camp, as one of the apprentices struggled to make his way out of his den. A small, groggy snowshoe with heavy fur weighing him down stumbled out of his den, his footing uneven. He was rather small for a cat of 12 moons, due to his breed, but was still much too large for the den he was currently in, if the way the pines and brambles of the apprentice den's wall clinging to his fur were any solid indication.

A sudden pain shot up Volepaw's foot as he placed a paw down in middle of the clearing, and he let out a loud yowl in response that carried through the clearing. A couple warriors who had been lounging around and sharing tongues jerked upright in response to this, obviously startled. "Sorry- I'm sorry, really sorry. There was a thorn or something in my paw, sorry." Volepaw was quick to state, as he hurriedly limped away from them. He could feel their curious gazes burning into his back, and he lowered his ears, hoping they wouldn't pry. Geez, he couldn't even go one morning without drawing attention to himself. Volepaw settled down next to the prey pile so he could gnaw at his paw, attempting to get the thorn out. How he wound up stepping on that, and nobody else? Well, Volepaw had always figured he had the worst luck out of all the apprentices. If something were to go wrong, it would go wrong for him.

By the time he got the burr out, and spat it out on the ground, more cats of his clan were making their way out of their dens. Volepaw lowered his ears, and picked up a tough-looking mouse from the pile, so he could slink off back towards the apprentices den to eat. His tail was lowered, nearly dragging in the dirt, since he didn't seem to care to pick it up. He never did interact much in the mornings, not even with the other apprentices. Well, now that he was 12 moons, he could do what he wanted, couldn't he? Right after he was made a warrior, Volepaw was highly anticipating his ceremony. While the thought of being out in the crowd, with everyone's eyes on him, frightened him terribly, he could reassure himself that it would be over soon, and that would quell his anxiety. Temporarily.

Name:
Volekit/paw/thorn
Clan: FrostClan

Personality Traits:
+Intelligent
+Curious
+Considerate

-Paranoid
-Anxious
-Quiet

Appearance:
Small, pale tom with a darker brown 'mask' around his eyes and back. His fur is long, and he has a set of white 'boots' that go up to his underbelly, and muzzle. His eyes are a unique, crystal blue. He was born with a squished-looking nose, which doesn't impact his overall health,
just makes him the butt of many jokes.

Breed:
Snowshoe/Himalayan Mix
Brief History: (optional)
Volepaw was born in a litter of two, to Dappedawn and Pinefur, who were immensely proud of their kits. They bragged about them, and held them up on a silver pedestal, absolutely enamored with the idea of having family. His sister's name was Cloverkit, who absolutely loved the attention she received. She loved being in the spotlight, and even went out of her way to boast about herself. However, Volekit hated the spotlight. He always liked to be solitary and quiet, and hated the attention. Still, despite this, Volekit and Cloverkit became the closest of friends, as well as being siblings, and made an unstoppable team. Cloverkit persuaded Volekit to play pranks on the older clan cats, and Volekit went along eagerly because of his naive attitude, but he always held the words of wisdom.

When they were just recently made apprentices, at 7 moons, there were rumors that a hawk made its nest nearby, and that the clan members should exercise extreme caution, even in camp. Not only did Cloverpaw believe the rumors, she flourished in them. She made a title out of herself for boasting about how she could take down the hawk at any point in time, and when she was challenged to actually do it by the other apprentices, she didn't hesitate. However, Volepaw advised against this-- speaking about how dangerous it was, especially if she was going to sneak out of camp. The two argued, fought and bickered, but in the end, Volepaw's cowardice stopped him from physically stopping his sister from leaving. She didn't come back after she snuck out of camp, and Volepaw grew even more secluded from the rest of the clan now that his friend was gone, choosing to blame himself for her disappearance.

Last edited:
desktop-1482162253.png

Apprentice --> warrior

Clan:
HawkClan

Personality:
Brave, loyal, intelligent

Stubborn, proud, impatient

Appearance:
Tall tomcat with a weirdly black and white speckled fur (due to vitiligo).
He has strikingly golden eyes, especially when the sun is shining on him, and rather broad shoulders, a long tail and impressively long claws.

Breed:
Maine coon/singapura mix

History:
Being born as the only kit of the leader Windstar and his mate Mapletail, Flintkit has been confronted with high expectations right from the start.
He was the tallest kit in the nursery and later became a very successful apprentice.
Be it both, hunting or fighting, Flintpaw was a quick learner and eager to become the best warrior of HawkClan, just as his father had always told him.
It all seemed to go well...until That fateful day;
On a rainy leaf-bare day, Flintpaw had been out for hunting.
The harsh cold, and light snowfall mixed with rain, turned the path that led up on the cliff where the camp was into a slippery climb, and Flintpaw fell.
He spent moons in the healer's den, recovering from several broken bones, and though he was frustrated and angry that that would delay his warrior ceremony by a lot, he used that time to learn a bit about healing from the Clan's medicine cat, Willowtail.

•°•°•
With: patrol
Mood: angry
°•°•°

"Hey you mousebrain, here!"
Flintpaw was out with a patrol of four other cats, Raincoat, Talonface, Addertail and Hoppytail, to chase a badger away that the dawn patrol had spotted quite close to the camp.
The second leader, Rockfall, had sent them in an instant, and Flintpaw was quite proud to be the only apprentice in this group.

All of a sudden, the huge animal launched forward in his direction with a monstrous snarl.
Flintpaw ducked away under the ripping claws and hissed, his neck fur standing up, ears flattened and teeth bared.
"You've threatened the wrong clan!"
He was distracted by Addertail and Talonface's conversation for a moment.
"He looks like he's gonna make crow food of that badger..."
"Would fit him, to bring a badger to the fresh kill pile."
"Are badgers edible...?"

A heavy paw hit Flintpaw's head and brought him back to the here and now.
"You stupid...!"
He pushed his paw against his hurting head for a moment and growled when he saw it tinted red.
"Wrong.decision."
He climbed up the next tree, balanced down a branch and launched himself at the badger's back, fur flying in all directions as he made use of his claws up there, while everyone else was snapping at its' hind legs and face.
After a while, the beast have in with a frustrated snarling and ran off.

"Good work, Flintpaw", he heard Rockfall's voice, and saw the grey tabby Tom coming closer a moment later.
"Have you been watching all the time?", Flintpaw asked with a hint of anger in his voice as he sat down to lick his fur back into place.
"I was just about to step in as backup when you jumped on that badger. Bold move."
"Flintpaw shrugged as a reply. "Badgers are too plump to be really dangerous when you jump on their back. That's what you taught me."
Rockfall wasn't only his second leader, but also his mentor, and right now, he was nodding approvingly.
"Get your fur tidied, you might want to look good later."
At that, Flintpaw beamed with pride and nodded.
"Yes Rockfall!"

After the patrol had climbed up the cliff a few minutes after Rockfall had left again, back into their camp, Flintpaw was already greeted by all the cats gathered on the clearing.
"Flintpaw!", a small black kitten greeted him, and he instantly smiled.
"Heyo Pebblekit!"
His little sister, born just a moon ago, probably was the most energetic little furball he had ever seen.

Still smiling, he stopped in front of the speech tree, where Wind star was already waiting on a low branch.
"I, Windstar, leader of Hawkclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn.
Flintpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Flintpaw lifted his head in pride and glanced at the other cats for a moment, before answering "I promise."
"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Flintpaw, from this moment you will be known as Flintwing. StarClan honors your strong heart, bravery and skill, and we welcome you as a full warrior of HawkClan."
Windstar jumped off his branch, rested his muzzle on Flintwing's head and he licked his shoulder, almost vibrating of pride.

"Flintwing! Flintwing! Flintwing!", the Clan cheered.
"Remember your silent watch tonight", the leader said with a proud smirk and Flintwing gave a quick nod.
"I'm proud of you my son", he said more silent, causing the young warrior to beam happily.
"Thanks, father."
"Now go, get yourself something from the fresh kill pile."
Flintwing did so, choosing a small rabbit to share with his best friend, who approached right now.

"Flintwing, Flintwing, Flintwing! What you did with the badger- Insane!"
"Hey Hoppytail! Ah that was nothing. Let's share!"
"Sure thing!"
The two lay down on a spot of warm sunlight, sharing tongues and the rabbit.

Last edited:

Mood: Anxious

code by arctic

t
r
é
b
o
l
V O L E P A W

Volepaw liked to sightsee. He also liked to catwatch. Seeing the habits of the other cats of his clan helped him get a read on their personality, and it helped him figure out who wasn't safe to talk to. There were cats like his mother, Dappleddawn, who's sweet behavior carried through the camp, and brightened up the morning. He could see her now, her cream-brown pelt weaving in between the ranks of warriors as she made her daily greetings in the morning, blue eyes wide and highly interested in the tidbits of conversation and gossip she could easily get out of other cats. Volepaw dropped his head on his paws, and let a small smile fall onto his expression as he chewed his food, rather content as he watched his mother. She was a lot like Cloverpaw, highly excitable and very proud of herself.

Up until the point that a certain cat let out an irritated yowl. Gorsetuft. Volepaw's smile dropped, quickly replaced with an irritated huff at the sound of the deputy's shrill voice. He knew not to interact with Gorsetuft, unless he wanted trouble."My tail! Watch where you're going next time, you bag of gossip!" He sneered, lip curling upwards. As Dappleddawn rushed out a hurried apology for stepping on the deputy's tail, he turned his head and straightened his back, not even trying to hide his pleased behavior at being treated with such respect. Volepaw could feel his stomach curling in disgust, and he had to look away before he grew even angrier. You would think a deputy would treat his clanmates with more respect than Gorsetuft did, but... apparently not. He only thought of himself, and to think such a cat was on the next line for being a leader was a frightening thought. Just what was Stonestar thinking when she elected him as a deputy?

Speaking of their elderly leader, Stonestar herself shambled out of her den, which lay just behind a small pool of water and reeds. It was sheltered from the wind and rain due to the branches that arced over it, and it seemed like a highly cozy den. A rock formation jutted out from the stone face of the camp wall, resting just above the pool. It was called the 'Pool Ledge,' and it was where the clan gathered for meetings. At the sight of Stonestar, Gorsetuft shot upright, and eagerly trotted over to her to speak with her about something in a quiet, rushed tone. She blinked a few times in surprise, and Volepaw could see the 'oh!' that she exclaimed in realization. Quickly, she turned straight back around, and leapt up onto the Pool Ledge, wincing a bit as she landed, a detail not missed by Volepaw. He felt sympathy for her, she was obviously getting too old to lead, and would have to relinquish her title to Gorsetuft soon. He couldn't imagine having that kind of responsibility dropped onto his shoulders.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Pool Ledge for a Clan meeting!" Despite being as old as she was, Stonestar's voice carried boldly throughout the clearing, and caught every cats attention. Apprentices younger than him eagerly skirted out of the den, Volepaw could have sworn they hadn't been awake when he left, and warriors who had been previously lounging around heaved themselves up from their spots to take up a spot around the pool. Gorsetuft seated himself on a small rock cluster just below the Pool Ledge, while kneading the ground impatiently. Volepaw felt a jolt of anxiety go through his mind as he got up to seat himself by his mother, worry showing clearly on his expression. There probably wasn't anything to be worried about currently, but Volepaw had always been one to worry.

"Volepaw, step forward!" And there's where his real anxiety kicked in. He was already planning on where to go if he was exiled, who he would bring with him-- maybe he could snag some food on the way out. Maybe his mom would save him, maybe he was just overreacting. With shaking paws, and a quick nudge from his mother, Volepaw stepped up in front of the crowd, looking towards his leader and trying to ignore his racing heart. "It's about time we made Volepaw here into a warrior. I believe he has proved himself of this rank, and I believe all will agree with me!" Stonestar always did have a way with speeches. The clan roared their assent, and Volepaw was kind waiting to just sink into the ground. "I, Stonestar, leader of FrostClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Volepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do!"

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Volepaw, from this moment you will be known as Volethorn. StarClan honors your intelligence and sense of smell, and we welcome you as a full warrior of FrostClan." After speaking these words, Stonestar leapt down from the Pool Ledge-- Volethorn squeaked in surprise-- before resting her muzzle on the top of his head. He could hear the clan around him chanting his new name, praising him, acknowledging him, and Volethorn just barely managed to hold back his happy tears as he licked his leaders shoulder, and stepped away so he could accept the praise of his clan. It was one moment where he could proudly bask in the spotlight, and not feel completely anxious, or filled with guilt.

Volethorn tilted his head to the sky, a smile forming on his expression as he basked in the sunlight, knowing he would be able to escape tonight into FrostClan's territory, before his silent vigil. 'Are you watching, Cloverpaw? Look how far I've gotten.' He thought serenely, as he looked up to the shifting clouds and blue sky.

Flintwing

desktop-1482162253.png

•°•°•
With: no one
Mood: happy
°•°•°

After having shared a delicious bunny with Hoppytail, Flintwing decided to go hunting, upon noticing that the freshkill pile was drastically decreasing by now.
It had been a hard leaf bare after all, and the Clan was in need of a lot of prey, now that their territory was offering it again.

"Flintwing! I want to come with you!", he heard a high-pitched kitten-voice behind him.
Turning around, he smirked as he found himself face to face with Pebblekit.
He crouched down, so he was at about her attitude and gently poked his nosetip against her forehead.
"You aren't old enough yet, and you know That, Pebblekit."
"But i want to be a warrior too! I want to fight badgers and foxes and..."
"Fighting badgers and foxes is nothing you do for fun!", Flintwing interrupted her harshly, slightly narrowing his eyes.
"Go back to the nursery, Pebblekit."
"But...!"
"Nursery!"
The kitten rolled its' eyes annoyedly and shuffled back to her mother, muttering "big brothers are stupid..."
"I heard That!", Flintwing called after her, but she just flicked her little tail and disappeared back into the small cave with its' entrance hidden behind ferns and vines.

Flintwing slightly shook his head and just was about to go out, when he almost bumped into a huge dark tabby Tom, who reminded him more of a dog than of a cat.
Rumors had been that he was half dog, half cat, but he didn't really believe that. What car would make out with a dog?

"Badgerclaw!", he yelped startled, staggering a few inches backwards. That cat had come out of nothing.
Flintwing already was one of the taller cars here, but Badgerclaw was towering above him by two heads.
"Flintwing."
Even if his voice seemed a tad surprised as well, Flintwing still felt as if it was shaking the ground below his feet.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to...!"
The tall one just raised one eyebrow, looking down at him.
"Are you going out to hunt?"
"Heh? Eh, y-yeah, the pile is getting smaller and smaller..."
"Want some company?"
"No!! No, I mean, no thanks, I actually wanted to be alone for a But, to process everything and...so...on...?"
That was a straight lie, he just found that car scary as hell, and Flintwing internally sent a prayer to StarClan that Badgerclaw wouldn't notice his lie.

"Okay, if you change your mind, just tell me."
Flintwing nodded, and then crouched past the tall Tom, and raced through the entrance.
He only stopped to enjoy the sight from the cliff for a moment. Right behind him, the stone walls of the mountains were towering, and below, the rather small forest was painting a big, green spot into the grey landscape.
The wind was gently ruffling his weirdly speckled fur, and Flintwing closed his eyes for a moment, to enjoy the breeze on his face.
Then he charged down the rather slippery gravel path and into the woods.

Just a moment after he had left the forest's edge behind him, he already smelled the delicate scent of a bunny.
It suddenly jumped as the wind changed its' direction, and Flintwing raced after it, until it escaped over the border to Frostclan.
"Mousedirt!", he hissed frustratedly, staring after the rabbit.

Mood: Elated

code by arctic

t
r
é
b
o
l
V O L E T H O R N

By the time the festivities and good cheer had settled down in his camp at his warrior ceremony, the sun was already high in the sky, and beating down on his heavy pelt. The whisper of a chill wind blew across the clearing and helped alleviate some of the heat, and it was a welcoming presence for Volethorn. He had already picked out the spot he wanted his nest to be in the warriors den, by one of the far back walls. The senior warriors slept more towards the center, and plus, he was a bit more far away from the other warriors when he was this far away from everybody. It would help him sleep somewhat, not that he slept easily, anyways. Most nights, Volethorn had trouble sleeping, and would sit outside his den until he could barely keep his eyes open-- but then proceeded to sleep like a rock for the rest of the remarkably short night. Being around other cats when he was attempting to sleep just made it even worse.

As Volethorn was leaving camp, he lamented back on the times he wished he could do this when he was an apprentice. He loved the thrill of not having to bring his mentor with him, but a twinge of anxiety rolled in his stomach at the realization that he would be completely alone. As he pushed past the brambles and branches that circled around the camp, he heard rustling up ahead that was not his own. Volethorn stepped to the side of the camp entrance as the returning dawn patrol made itself present, chatting away, and all looking rather tired. They didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry, so it was obvious that there was no unusual findings. The party was comprised of Pinetooth, Nettleheart, Daisynose and his ex-mentor, Viperfang, who, upon spotting him, veered away from her patrol so she could approach Volethorn.

"I imagine your ceremony went well? I apologize I wasn't there for it, it seems Gorsetuft still holds a vendetta for me after I questioned his moral ethics at the last gathering. When you have to debate with your own deputy at a gathering, a holy place, of anywhere in the world." Viperfang muttered that last part to herself, with a forlorn sigh. Viperfang had been a good mentor to him, though she had been rather strict at first, and outright rejected the apprentice at first, they warmed up to each other. She had proven to be a morally-just cat who Volethorn learned most of his common-sense and intelligence from. "Ah! Yes, yes! It went well, thank you! It was... scary, but I'm sure that was to be expected. I was just leaving now, for a walk before my vigil. You knoow, just exercising my new privilege and everything, heh." He explained to the black she-cat, who hummed in response. "You'd better hurry up and get out of here, before someone hunts you down to drag you back. Be back before nightfall, or else you won't hear the end of it." Viperfang warned, swatting one of her large paws towards Volethorn to send him skirting off down the rocky hillside with an exaggerated howl.

Even when Volethorn lost sight of his camp, he didn't stop running. His paws were light along the ground, and the wind whisked past his ears, and ripped at his fur. His tail streamed out behind him, and his blue eyes were hyper-focused on just the road ahead. He wasn't quite sure where he was going, he was just leaving. Getting as far away from camp as he could, just so he could experience what he had always wanted to experience. Being able to be free, for just a short time, and more importantly, being able to hunt without being judged by his peers. Speaking of hunting, as the plains of his land began to straighten out somewhat, and trees began popping up, he knew he was approaching the HawkClan border. But just because he was close to the border wasn't the only thing that made him stop. The scent of rabbit quickly crossed his nose, and the rustling of leaves alerted him to its panicked flee. He was ready for it, immediately crouching down and narrowing his eyes, trying to ignore the overwhelming scent of HawkClan at the border--which was just too close for his comfort.

Suddenly, the rabbit pelted out of the undergrowth in front of him, and Volethorn was immediately upon it. Sadly, he wasn't quite fast enough, and just as he got it between his paws, it struggled out and turned tail in the other direction. "Oh-- no you don't!" Volethorn immediately yowled as he took chase after it, able to spot its bobbing tail through the leaves and foliage. He didn't mind if he could feel branches ripping across his face and pelt, he needed to prove himself by catching this rabbit! It only took one leap, and his claws were around its sides, and his mouth found the back of its neck. The good news was, he had successfully killed and caught the rabbit. The bad news was, due to his leap, he had tumbled straight across the HawkClan border. At least his fall was at least somewhat cushioned by the rabbit, which he had just faceplanted into. The scent of HawkClan was strong here, overpowering the scent of the rabbit practically right in front of him. When Volethorn looked up, he knew why. A tall, older-looking warrior stood there, on the HawkClan side, the side Volethorn was currently on, dangerously close to the FrostClan's border. With a gulp, Volethorn greeted him quietly, his voice almost completely muffled by the rabbit he was still holding onto.

"...Good morning."

Flintwing

desktop-1482162253.png

•°•°•
With: Volethorn
Mood: distrustful
°•°•°

Flintwing had just been hiding in a group of shrubs with blooms that had a smell strong enough to cover his own scent, hoping the bunny would come back, when he suddenly smelled and heard another cat nearby. He could have sworn there had been footsteps behind him, in a few fox-lengths distance, when suddenly a sound closer to him distracted him.
Had his ears been that wrong, and the suspicious footsteps had come from that direction as well?

When he saw a smaller, probably relatively young warrior racing towards the border, after his rabbit, without looking left or right, he straightened up and stepped out of the bushes, as a warning that this was HawkClan territory. The younger tomcat however didn't even seem to notice neither him nor the border and lastly came to a halt right in front of him, on the definitely wrong side of the border, with the rabbit between his teeth.

When he cleared his throat with an angry frown, the young tom looked up and apparently finally realized where he was.
Had that been a 'good morning'? His voice was muffled from the fur in his mouth.

Growling, he pulled the rabbit out of the stranger's mouth and was just about to scare that FrostClan kitty away, his claws already kneading the ground, when Flintwing took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment and swallowed his bold attitude for now.
He let go of the rabbit, which feel to the ground lifelessly, and sat down, his back straight, making himself appear as tall as possible.
Licking his chest fur back into place, he ignored the smaller warrior for a moment, then fixated his shining golden eyes on him and flattened one ear, the other one still standing straight up. It was one of his weird habits to place his ears like that when he was curious or confused.

Though he was pretty sure that he could take this smaller tom down with a just a few hits of his unusually long, black claws, he wouldn't be stupid enough to start a fight with a car he didn't know at all, no matter how easy to beat it seemed.
Many moons ago, he had just been pronounced apprentice, a patrol had found a wounded cat on their territory. Before he had died, he had told them about a clan in a faraway twoleg place, with a leader bit bigger than a kitten, who had taken a leader's nine lives with just one hit.
That had been a clear lesson about too quick judging for young Flintpaw, and he hadn't forgotten it ever since.

"You are on the wrong side of the border", he said calmly, pushing the dead rabbit towards the young warrior.
"You should take your prey and l..."
He tilted his head to the side, with his one flattened ear giving him a puppy-like look now.
"Haven't I seen you on the last gathering? Yeah sure! You're the apprentice who hid in the shadows all the time! We talked, remember? Flintpaw. the limping apprentice who beat up Timberpaw for calling me Limppaw all evening." He laughed for a moment, then grinned proudly. "But now it's Flintwing and I'm barely limping anymore. But you're still in the wrong side."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back