Other Little Things of Self-Discovery

Ohh, interesting thread!

I recently discovered that I have this weird habit of always having to make the first step with my left foot when I start walking. If I accidentally use my right foot instead, I'll stop for a second, then start over using my left foot. And I have no frickin' idea why I do this 😂

Aside from that, I hate, hate, hate people walking loudly. Like, gosh, I'd love to wrap the feet of some people in several layers of fluffy socks to just shut them the hell up. That's also the reason my own steps are so quiet some people accuse me of sneaking up on them. XD
(Though I also hate it when I hear people behind a closed door. Doesn't matter what they're doing, it just drives me up the wall.)

When adjusting the volume of anything that'll show a number when doing so, I need to do it in steps of 5. So I'll either set it to 30, 35, 40, you get it.
On the same note, I don't like even numbers, so I'll still like 35 better than 30 or 40.
My mind is so broken I swear xD
You'll also probably notice that none of my characters has an even number for their age lol

I tend to tip toe around people even when I’m in a noisy public place like a busy cafe. I don’t know why. I think it was because I was always around my dad’s office as a kid so I had to keep quiet when there were meetings and phone calls.

I also tend to apologize to inanimate objects. Just a force of habit because I commute a lot and I apologize to train passengers when I bump into them. So I guess it’s reflex to say sorry to chairs and table legs when I bump into them.

And lately, as I’ve gotten more comfortable expressing myself with my group of friends, I find that if I get too excited, I flap my arms arounds like a bird. I do it so often that my friends lovingly tease me as “birdy” when I’m overwhelmingly happy.

Truly a small tidbit:
I know I'm getting invested in something if my eyes hurt immediately afterwards or while its happening. This is because I straight up forget to blink if I'm enjoying something.

I'm an overthinker and sometimes I think about myself, analyze my behaviors, thoughts or actions. It happens from time to time that I'm doing something and think to myself, "Why did I do that?" Then later on that day I'm thinking about it. From my moments of thinking, here are a few quirks I've found about myself;

• I am bad at looking at other's faces, unless I feel a strong connection to them. It's not that I feel anxious to look at others, I just have the tendency not to. Unless I'm consciously thinking about eye contact, I don't.
  • My throat dries out and actually can hurt from times when I talk or laugh a lot. I'm not usually one to steer a conversation.
  • I prefer looking down at my feet while running. I don't know why but I feel like I move faster that way.
  • I stretch my arms whenever I'm trying to stop myself from crying. Either I lift them up in the arm or pull them across my chest.

These are just a few that I can think of at the moment. I know there are probably a few more that are frequent, weird quirks to myself. So I'm curious to know what other people discover about themselves? Perhaps there are some quirks we share? Maybe my quirks aren't as uncommon as I thought?
Reading is never an activity which I just pick up and put down. If I am to read, let’s say a manga or book, it has to be a good 7-8 hours thing. No exceptions.

I tend to stare either too intensely at others, or don’t look at them in the face at all. The first is because I want the person I’m conversing with to know i’m paying attention to what they’re saying. The latter is because whenever I don’t click with someone, my anxiety starts to take hold and I instinctively look at a certain object while trying to think of a topic that mutually interests us.

I get bored for one or two minutes, next thing you know you’ll find me muttering a song to myself and kicking my leg away at the ground slightly.

Everytime someone says or potentially implies a traumatic or unpleasant experience, I automatically assume it was that particular kind of experience and default to my therapist friend mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back