• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Hey Jack? Dannigan and I were talking about what we can do to help, and I realized I've been in similar situations in his Robotech game when I just didn't know what my character would do. At those times, Dannigan sometimes says to me, "Why not just post what she's thinking? No one can see into your character's head but you." Maybe you want to just peek inside his head and see what he's thinking about this situation he's in now?

Ok after some talking with Jack, I realized the cause of the misunderstanding. All this time... He's been considering his last post as valid response to my latest post... Even though my post was posted AFTER his post. So that's a bit of posting time travel right there.

It's also partially due to his sentence where he took the liberty of stating that NPCs approached him and asked questions and he ignored them.

I might have forgotten about that, since typically I will be the one controlling said NPCs and I hadn't yet had anyone approach Asher. Lol. So when you put it like that, I suppose my reply doesn't change enough to warrant a reply from Jack.

Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon I suggest you review my latest post for Asher and think carefully if he wants to stand there like a statue and completely ignore the two soldiers, or if he'll say something. If you really have nothing to say then I suppose we'll move along as if literally nothing happened. Sorry.

Ok so... Sorry for the short post. Obviously, I've decided it was probably for the best to stop deliberating and move on to the war council. So if everyone would be so kind as to give their closing statements, we will close this scene.

Special apology to Jack. There will be more to do and say shortly. And you don't have to post anything right now, unless you wish to share some of Asher's thoughts - it's a great opportunity for him to lean against the wall, enjoy the view, and contemplate *woof*

I've been getting my shit from Sweden to Russia for the last couple of days. Back in action now. I will read and post now.

Just read my last post again and noticed that there were some missing characters in some of the words. Last time I post from my iPhone :/

Oh yes! Auri is 400 kg of ball-shaped love. It hasn't come into the game yet, but he's got the ability to roll up into a giant ball and travel around (which I think is a lot of fun!). =)

Oh yes! Auri is 400 kg of ball-shaped love. It hasn't come into the game yet, but he's got the ability to roll up into a giant ball and travel around (which I think is a lot of fun!). =)
I like his gentlemanly optimism

I apologize once again for my inactivity. There's been so much work lately, like basically every single day I'm doing a cross-country trip, sometimes two... The computer in the car reads like 8-10 hour driving time, and consider that this is purely the time that the engine spent running - if I drove for that much, then my total work day is probably 12-15 hours. On top of that, my father's been hospitalized for a week due to a routine surgery procedure (if surgery can be called routine...), and since he's the director of the company, it is now up to me and my brother to handle his responsibilities as well.

I will absolutely move things along this week, aiming for tomorrow, just wanted to give you guys an explanation and thank you for your patience. Particularly Medel since he's new to the game and I realize how bad this looks, to be so laggy in the very start of the chapter >.< *whine*

Thanks for the heads up, Wolf, and I hope everything works out well for your father!

Oh dear. I hope you and your brother are able to get plenty of rest in all this -- sounds like you need it! I hope your father's surgery goes well and that he recovers as smoothly and swiftly as possible.

Thanks for checking in, too. We miss you and worry when we don't hear from you!

Even Jack posted, lol.

Wait.

Really, Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon ? Really? Now you decide to engage, when I've declared the scene over and we're about to move along? -_-
Well, better late than ever I guess... Though I have to say, Asher doesn't strike me as one to ask for directions, at least not in a place of such a small size. I'd sooner imagine him exploring on his own to get a feel for it, so isn't this a bit out of character? :P Just saying, adding to the discussion we had about that lol *woof*

I feel awful that so much time has passed :( I know I said I'd post before the weekend was up, and here we are at late Monday night, but I literally could not make it. And I need more than an hour of free time to do this. I'm just so slow when it comes to making key posts :/ *whine*

Hang in there, I'm working on it. Probably should look into buying a new laptop, hmm...

It's all good, dear Wolf. We'll just be here impatiently waiting. ^;3^ (No, really, take as much time as you need, I know we've got Big Stuff coming.)

Purr Purr Kaerri Kaerri MDL MDL Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon

Tagging everyone to confirm that there is no glitch with your notifications, but that the game has indeed resumed. Repeat, this is not a glitch (!). Amaranth is a go.

Now that I've actually posted, I want to apologize for my prolonged absence (once again). It's been kind of a rough patch, first with work, then with family problems, and most recently with a two week trip to Scotland that I had undertaken with my brother. It was pretty good, but I had little time for anything else meanwhile. The biggest problem is actually that with all these hiatuses and interruptions I've gotten pretty lazy. I've also lost track of the story here somewhat, and as time went by and I didn't post, it became increasingly harder and harder to post. Sometimes I would actually sit down and start typing, but nothing would come of it. I'd give up because nothing sounded right, or get distracted and end up playing videogames (I wrote my IC post as well as this one from a coffee shop on my old laptop, see).

It didn't help that there was so much to do about the actual game mechanics, which I keep vamping and revamping without ever actually getting to the point where they get used in the game. And this over a time period that isn't measured in days or months, but years. It's hard to keep track of it all, and more and more I find myself realizing that stuff I wrote four or five years ago actually wasn't a good idea, for example how incredibly overpowered sorcery is based on my writings. So there's definitely stuff I need to figure out and fix, and it's surprisingly a lot of work.... Enough to put you off when you're out of shape, so to speak *woof*

So I basically thought: Wow, if I keep going like this, we're never getting anywhere. I should just go and post something, anything, and hope that I can slowly build back to it. So I apologize if my writing isn't great for a while, as at this point I'd rather sacrifice quality to make some progress. No matter how much that goes against my instincts.

THE IMPORTANT BIT

Ok those were ramblings, but about my IC post... I realize I'm not directly engaging any of you. I've set up the scene and I'm letting you guys write a brief intro post for each of your characters, stating how they are feeling, what they're thinking, where they're standing even, stuff like that. They can even speak up, to each other or someone else. Whatever you like, IF you like. It's optional. Silence is a valid choice, and I will advance the scene in 2 days - if you are planning to post but can't within that time period, please tell me OOC and I will allow more time. That is all.

Simon_Hawk Simon_Hawk I see you're still stalking us *rawrrrr*

Just to tell you that I'm still open to you joining us, and even if you don't join you are welcome to come and chat with us in the OOC if you like. Thanks for reading! :closed eyes open smile:

Thanks for continuing your story after your hiatus. I am currently at my dad's log cabin with a crackling fire going, when I read the scene it felt like I was there with braziers casting their light with dancing shadows all around. It was fun being able to actually sit and enjoy the scene you wrote as if I were there with The Chosen.

Oh man, your dad's log cabin sounds purrrfect ^D^

I looked for some pictures to better depict the scene but couldn't find anything suitable. I'll look some more later, and I might draw you guys a minimap as well.

Really glad you were able to envision it so well! *howl*

Perhaps the best sign that I might actually be back for real isn't the fact that I've posted two times in less than a week - but that I've gone ahead and made a completely redundant yet undeniably pretty to look at simplified map of the current scene, which we shall need now (if ever), and never again *rawrrrr*

Wow 🐺 ^D^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back