• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Hey, I'm just reading from your character sheet... *rolleyes*

Anyway, if you have a cool post, don't let such trifles hold you back that can be easily fixed later.

Agreed, but my hyperkinetic brain has been in hyperdrive all day long today. It's been one of those days that I'd better get done what I need in that moment or I'm going to get distracted/sidetracked and not do it at all. "Later" might not come. =)

I'll post in the evening. I have to eat my pizza first. Currently reading the others' posts.

Great intro posts btw Wolf. Really well done.

A few notes.

- I edited my last post in regards to Jack & Medel's scene, specifically Natalis' introduction. It was done hastily last night and I wasn't happy with it.

- Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon though Asher is unable to overhear the conversation that just started owing to distance and the two soldiers that are trying to talk to him, he might still glimpse a few common/easy words. Especially if said by Natalis, since he is facing Asher while Nadhoron has his back turned to Asher. If Asher has even a little bit of skill reading lips, with some focus he can catch some of what Natalis is saying. Of course, the situation may improve if you rid yourself of distractions and/or get closer.

- So it occurred to me that we may not all be on the same page when it comes to the size of the fortress and the number of people around. Tyr's Retreat is what I'd call a medium sized fortress, though it's actually quite big considering its built on a mountain, which is the thing that limits its size the most. You could easily keep a garrison of 300 people there, and if you absolutely had to, probably triple it for a siege (not sustainable long-term). However, there is absolutely no way you could keep an army in there, or anywhere around it. Simply no space, not with that terrain.

Kaerri Kaerri if Maggie wanted to tour the whole place and help those in need, it would have taken a couple hours to go down to the camp and a couple more back up. Of course, she had plenty of time :)

The vast majority of the Resistance's actual fighting force is down in one of the valleys hidden among the foothills (those that aren't already fighting in South Hyerald). The fortress is the headquarters building, staffed mainly by commanding officers and other important individuals. There is a unit of knights for basic protection, plus the scouts in the towers that take shifts surveying the lands below. Normally, I'd say that there are less than a hundred people at Tyr's Retreat altogether. The last couple of days, because of the upcoming council, that number went up to somewhere between 150 and 200.

Just for reference. Any other questions? You know I'm available :3: *woof*

btw: sorry for no fortress map; I might make one if I have spare time, but we really aren't going to need one so it'd be pure luxury to spend the hours needed to make one that's good enough :c

if Maggie wanted to tour the whole place and help those in need, it would have taken a couple hours to go down to the camp and a couple more back up. Of course, she had plenty of time :)

Maggie's not the only giver in the Chosen. =) Might Auri have had the same opportunities, both to tour and to help? If so, he most certainly would. =)

That would be a sight, wouldn't it? "Watch out, folks! She's stronger than she looks!" =)

btw: sorry for no fortress map; I might make one if I have spare time, but we really aren't going to need one so it'd be pure luxury to spend the hours needed to make one that's good enough :c
I personally have no need for maps.

Yeah, Wolf. Unless you're wanting to challenge yourself to make them or unless they add something highly-necessary for the story (something better conveyed with pictures than with words), I'm O.K. if you don't go through the trouble. The story is not lacking for detail (and never has been). =)

I hope the short length of my last post won't make people think I don't have time to post. I will post longer when I deem it necessary.

(Just so many people think that length = quality and if you don't bost 3 paragraphs it's somehow bad?)

Silly if you ask me

From my point of view, no matter the word count/post length, one's posts must be true to their character as well as responsible for their opportunity to post in regards to one's time outside of game. I juggle the two as best as I am able (often figuring out what I want to say completely, then writing the first draft of the post with my heart, then editing it with my head - regardless of length). That's what works for me. To everyone else, I say, "You be you!" =)

I never had rules on minimal post length.

It just doesn't make sense to impose some arbitrary character count when each post is unique and sometimes there's literally nothing to do but post a short reply. Or you might not feel like it, or not have the time... I'm up for rewarding good roleplaying, but I'm never going to punish people for not going an extra mile.

During conversations there's typically no need for a very long post. Especially not now, when you're just starting a conversation.

No worries at all *woof*

I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment, which is why I'm somewhat less active than I'd like. It should be over this week, though, finally *woof*

I'm still not sure what to write about next... Like, even if Asher does overhear bits of their conversation, so far he's had no reason to pay attention, imo, no reason to get rid of the two guards and actively try to pursue eavesdropping the duo. It's just two guys having a conversation (armor-clad, sure, but does Asher recognize it as important)?

I was planning on writing a few short lines about how Asher attempts to get more information out of their conversation, but like I said, he has no reason to (so far).

Maybe if the two got into some sort of heated argument/fight or something? Dunno.

I'd like some help on that.

Yeah, I think only Wolf can help you there. Because unless the guards are talking about something that Asher finds interesting enough to listen in on, why would he?

His evaluation of Nadhoron would be partly based on his opinion of elves. And for Natalis, it would be the military/resistance. Perhaps consider Asher's stance on those things and build motivation from there. Or he could just be generally curious or bored. Or perhaps he notices that both the Knight-Commander and Nadhoron stand out from the rest of the visitors to the castle in some way. Maybe he observed Nadhoron walking up and noticed his distracted and worried demeanor. Nadhoron doesn't really show that much, but I think in this case, because of him being slightly off-balance, it would be plausible that it would shine through.

I hope that spurs some thoughts on your end.

Last edited:
MDL, that's very cool and highly thoughtful and all, but sometimes I think you just have to get down and dirty. Like... Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon what if the guards were talking smack about Asher? Think that would change anything? 8D

Guard 1: "Asher."

Guard 2: "Yeah, what a punk!"

Asher (thinking): "What is this I hear?"

G1: "Had the general all to himself and couldn't take her out of the picture."

G2: "Yeah. Talk about incompetent."

Asher (thinking): "What was I supposed to do?! She had plot armor!"

G1: "Thinks he's so badass. What a little bitch!"

G2: "Yeah. Probably couldn't kill the general if he decapitated her."

Asher (thinking): "..."

Guard 3 later finds Guards 1 and 2 decapitated with the words "bitch" and "punk" carved into their foreheads and Asher long gone. Guard 3: "They must'a talked bad about Asher..." =)

MDL, that's very cool and highly thoughtful and all, but sometimes I think you just have to get down and dirty. Like... Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon what if the guards were talking smack about Asher? Think that would change anything? 8D

Guard 1: "Asher."

Guard 2: "Yeah, what a punk!"

Asher (thinking): "What is this I hear?"

G1: "Had the general all to himself and couldn't take her out of the picture."

G2: "Yeah. Talk about incompetent."

Asher (thinking): "What was I supposed to do?! She had plot armor!"

G1: "Thinks he's so badass. What a little bitch!"

G2: "Yeah. Probably couldn't kill the general if he decapitated her."

Asher (thinking): "..."

Guard 3 later finds Guards 1 and 2 decapitated with the words "bitch" and "punk" carved into their foreheads and Asher long gone. Guard 3: "They must'a talked bad about Asher..." =)
tumblr_oi9d26AcEg1s01fsdo6_r1_250.gif

Not sure that would get Asher any closer to talking with Nadhoron, but it's was definitely funny ^D^

MDL MDL It might work more if Asher's character wasn't that of a hidey-sneaky-thievey-stabby, a guy who literally stalked the rest of the Chosen (iirc) before deciding he would actually approach them (what a weirdo).

He'd need some serious motive to try and start a conversation, and I'm just not seeing it at this point.

Guess I'll wait for Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr 's opinion on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back