• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

Good stuff my friend. Yeah I'll go ahead and confirm my choice for you. I'm starting to have an idea pop into my head. Send me a PM!

I actually found posts from Wizard @Me from 2012. See, I don't even know when I was here myself it's so long ago :P

I actually remember you were called Renarion back in the day, as it says on the maps you made for the atlas. Am I right? "Renarion Amerion" or something like that.

It's an alias I've been using for over a decade now, though at some point I largely replaced it with Wolf Rawrrrr. I don't remember using it on the site, though I suppose it's possible I did. Then I started signing all the maps and lore books with R.A., lending the name to some made up historian :P *woof*

We'll move the discussion to the PMs, then. I'll respond when I am able; I'd rather delay my response and then give you a proper one than to rush it :)

...though at some point I largely replaced it with Wolf Rawrrrr.
(ellipsis mine)

Holy frijoles!! Did you notice that extra "r" in Wolf's name?!

Does that mean he's changing his name again, this time to "Wolf Rawrrrr"?! Oh noes! However will we discern him from "Wolf Rawrrr"?!

(I can't be normal - it's far too boring! Ha ha! Have fun creating the character!)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

So me and wolf are starting character creation process for me now. Let's go boys and gals

Right.

In the meantime, I am planning to go ahead and start Chapter VII. MDL's character can join us along the way, whether it's before the war council, during, or even after. Anything will work *woof*

So we'll do it like we discussed, except obviously I'll have to think of an alternative scene for Asher. You ready, Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon ? I'mma just wing it ^D^

Sorry for the slow-walking of my character. It's largely finished but I have to touch it up a bit. Had my family come to Russia from Sweden these last few days, so been busy on that.

No, no MDL. Take your time! Not only does your family come first, but in my experience, the best characters are made with time and care. As far as I am concerned, take all the time you need to make what you are happy with! =)

I just sent the character to Wolf. We'll discuss some details but I think I got it down pretty good.

*clears throat*

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Chapter VII is now officially open! *howl*

W00t! That's rite. I said tonight and when I say something, I effin mean it- err it doesn't always happen. Sigh :sadwolfface:

Before anything else, I must offer my most sincere, most profuse apologies for the absolutely unacceptable delay that followed the conclusion of the absolutely unacceptably long Chapter VI. Yeah. I mean... four months? Really, Wolf? Really?! Sure, some of you pretended to complain, but really, you should have stepped on my tail or something. It works in an emergency (and emergency ONLY). The truth is, I had a kind of a rough patch. I've been more depressed than usual, while having to do more work and other tasks than usual - as result, whenever I got free time I just wanted instant gratification in the form of food and video games. Yup. So I accumulated like 400 hours in Rust and an undisclosed amount of $$$ in ice cream while watching Netflix. If you do the math - any kind of math - holy snakes that looks horrible even on paper...

Every now and then I would sit down and try to get back to Amaranth. "Well, I had a bit of a break, but it's time to get back to it," I would think to myself. And try. And try. And try - but I just couldn't get anything done. I wrote and rewrote and deleted drafts (and cried about deleting drafts in retrospective). Or I would sit down to write but somehow end up wasting a whole hour searching the internet for the perfect image to represent the chapter (you know, those images I stick to the start of every chapter that you look at once and then promptly forget they existed). Don't even get me started on the quest to find the right chapter quote, and all the ritualistic pacing up and down the apartment that involves (great bit of exercise tho).

Yeah. So most of the time I didn't even try, and when I tried I would quickly fail and give up. And time passed. And the more time passed... You probably guessed it - the less I felt motivated to do it. There were probably some other reasons, too, but those are the main ones. Not really reasons as much as excuses, but that's the explanation I have. And at the very least you guys deserve some kind of explanation, if not free resurrection crystals or something (just kidding, I mean why would you need those, it's not like I am planning to start killing off charact-).

Ahem *cough cough*

TLDR; I just wanted to thank you guys for your patience and miraculous desire to stay in this game despite the setbacks. You're all breathtaking!

Now let's get this show on the road, huh? *woof*

needless tags: Purr Purr Kaerri Kaerri MDL MDL Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon

It's great to have you back, Wolf! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this game is worth the wait. ^33^

Maggie will join the "show" tomorrow (it's late here and I've got work in the morning, bleh).

Thank you, Kaerri. Same here, actually X_X

Getting back to business, a few follow-up notes might be in order *woof*

- The reason there's a "Wolf" on the IC post tab isn't to create the illusion of this game having more players than it has. OK, not *just* for that purpose. It is because I have officially taken to playing Dina in Petal's place, and won't be retiring the character like I did and will do for some others whose players left. I'm not going to put Dina's content in a separate post with the unique header, because that would be kinda silly and because it's actually easier/better to integrate it with my normal Storyteller posting. Better flow, you might say. Similarly...

- Similarly, Ilhirel herself is a very important character for me. In the first half of the game she's only gotten one post per chapter, but starting now she is going to be getting more screen time even when she isn't actively on the same scene with your characters - so expect more frequent posts of the "meanwhile..." type that you've so far only seen at chapter start. I feel like this will be invaluable to help you better understand the main antagonist, though it's only OOC knowledge. So, if I'm playing two characters I ought to count as a player at least once, no? *woof*

- About the line that closes the first tab of my main IC post: "Until then, what anyone decided to do with their time was their own affair." We're not going to RP the whole day, we're skipping to the good parts obviously, but that doesn't mean you can't declare what your characters did earlier. You just don't need to, and definitely don't need to go into detail - I think it might even be helpful to leave a little loophole for ourselves that we can utilize later in an emergency. We're assuming that everyone woke up in the fortress, probably late, and mostly rested (except Nadhoron who could have arrived yesterday or today, whatever Medel says)

- Dann and Kaerri, I believe at least one of you (Dann?) told me that you guys wanted to speak with Dina at some point. It makes sense, but... What would have happened was that Dina is now understandably much harder to approach, since she's not just a VIP but also there's a long list of people who want to speak with her. So at best you could have sent a message to her and waited until she managed to find the time to meet with you - that's exactly what I assumed happened, and where your scene starts you off. I hope that's alright.

- Jack and Medel, since neither of you had any preferences about how to start, I decided to challenge myself and think of a way to connect your two characters despite the fact that they're both horribly equipped to do so without external help. I just think it'd be a wasted opportunity (and maybe a little sad) if I setup two separate scenes for you, but in case that this doesn't work out we can always resort to that. What I wrote allows for any possibility. At the moment, Nadhoron has a reasonable chance to recognize Asher on account of Asher being with the Chosen and thus the talk of the fortress - if he doesn't approach him for some other reason. On the other side, Asher may not have much incentive to walk up to Nadhoron and strike up a conversation, though it's not unimaginable, but he might do so later - there's a timer so to speak, before Nadhoron is approached by the man who asked to meet with him there. Following that conversation, Asher might feel motivated to approach, or Nadhoron might do so (possibly to accuse Asher of eavesdropping and find out who he is). There's really several good ways to go about it, but overall I would like to ask you guys to try and cooperate with me, OOC, so we can make something happen. Worst case scenario, I suppose we can fall back to formal introductions during/after the war council :/

That's it for now, I think. I'm open for questions & feedback 24/7! *woof*

The truth is, I had a kind of a rough patch. I've been more depressed than usual, while having to do more work and other tasks than usual - as result, whenever I got free time I just wanted instant gratification in the form of food and video games. Yup. So I accumulated like 400 hours in Rust and an undisclosed amount of $$$ in ice cream while watching Netflix. If you do the math - any kind of math - holy snakes that looks horrible even on paper...
Been there done that :)
Jack and Medel, since neither of you had any preferences about how to start, I decided to challenge myself and think of a way to connect your two characters despite the fact that they're both horribly equipped to do so without external help. I just think it'd be a wasted opportunity (and maybe a little sad) if I setup two separate scenes for you, but in case that this doesn't work out we can always resort to that. What I wrote allows for any possibility. At the moment, Nadhoron has a reasonable chance to recognize Asher on account of Asher being with the Chosen and thus the talk of the fortress - if he doesn't approach him for some other reason. On the other side, Asher may not have much incentive to walk up to Nadhoron and strike up a conversation, though it's not unimaginable, but he might do so later - there's a timer so to speak, before Nadhoron is approached by the man who asked to meet with him there. Following that conversation, Asher might feel motivated to approach, or Nadhoron might do so (possibly to accuse Asher of eavesdropping and find out who he is). There's really several good ways to go about it, but overall I would like to ask you guys to try and cooperate with me, OOC, so we can make something happen. Worst case scenario, I suppose we can fall back to formal introductions during/after the war council :/
Nadhoron projects a hazy unawareness to his surroundings which isn't actually the case. He can ignore people who approach him, who he deems uninteresting to him. But the calling of the council and the general situation, also The Chosen's reputation would not call for this behavior at present I think.

I need to check up on the ending of the last chapter real quick and re-read the other characters. I'll do that and get back to you in this thread and we can discuss how to go about it.

Glad that this is getting going. I'm here 100%!

Hooray! The Wolf-train is back on track and steaming along the tracks! Choo-choo! =)

I've been more depressed than usual, while having to do more work and other tasks than usual...

Aw, Wolf, had I known that I would have offered to chat with you in Conversation about it! =)

I wrote and rewrote and deleted drafts (and cried about deleting drafts in retrospective).

Oh no! Though I imagine the drafts helped you get to where you are now though, so at least they served an excellent purpose. =)

(you know, those images I stick to the start of every chapter that you look at once and then promptly forget they exist)

You think so, huh? =)
...and all the ritualistic pacing up and down the apartment that involves (great bit of exercise tho).

I do that, too! We also have a exercise bike that I like to ride (it gets pretty rainy here in Florida sometimes, and that makes it a bit... inconvenient and rather unsafe to ride outside).

I'm glad you're back in action, good Wolf! I have missed Amaranth and I'm looking forward to getting back into it with all of you. =)

How long has the chosen been in the fortress? I'm thinking Nadhoron arrived at 12.00 and was greeted and got settled into his lodging. He wandered around and observed the occasion and eventually made his way up to the observatory to reflect on his observations undisturbed. I'll probably detail that a bit in the post and make my way forward until he's up at the observatory.

I'll just wait for Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon to check in here before I post.

Today is October 11th, the day after the events in Alicante. So the Chosen arrived to Tyr's Retreat via portal late at night, likely slept through the whole morning, and busied themselves however they liked until current IC time, which is around 17:00. I imagine they explored the place, talked to people, stuff like that. Readied themselves for the war council. Nothing too important.

Invitations for the council were sent out two days ago, so Nadhoron had plenty of time to get there. If you say he only arrived today around noon, that's fine. Please note that the summons I mentioned IC is different from the council invitation. He was invited by the Resistance to participate in the council meeting, but upon arrival received a message from Knight-Commander Natalis to meet him on the Eastern Observatory an hour before the council (Natalis was the commander in chief of the pre-war Royal Army, and is the founder/leader of the Resistance, so it's kind of a big deal).

Word of caution: Jack Elarithon Jack Elarithon here is notoriously slow with posting at times. I know him IRL so I try to keep him involved, but it doesn't always work. He's promised to improve, though, I think... *woof*

but upon arrival received a message from Knight-Commander Natalis to meet him on the Eastern Observatory an hour before the council
I see. I misunderstood this. I thought the invitation from Natalis was for the council itself, not the Observatory on arrival. So now we're on the same page :)

I suspected that might be the case ;) 🐺

Oh and, if you feel like posting today, you can go ahead and post. You don't need to wait for Jack to check in. I already alerted him that the game was resuming and will prod him again, he'll post when he is able.

Well, you could have double-tapped. Except, Meric would have probably killed Asher then >.<

If you aren't sure what to write, perhaps let Medel go first *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr I have run into a snag in trying to post with Auri - I was in the habit of Quoting my posts and since Chapter Six is closed, I can't get to the BBC-code that provides that color purple I use for Auri. Wolf, would you let me know what color that is, please? Then I can make a macro out of it (since Kaerri has shown me how to make those). =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back